Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings again 07:58 - Jan 20 with 3406 viewskingslandstand1

Been talked about a lot on here already but it seems quite massive in the press today and his apparent wish to play Champions League and therefore looking at a top 4 club. (I haven't seen a paper yet but it's in black and white so must be true !)

Talksport even have a phone in now about "would you have him at your club"

Saints are prepared to break the bank to keep him with a 4 year deal and with only a year to go on current contract we must start to worry

He must be financially ok for life anyway and the rumour is there is a nice shiny multi million pound house being built for him locally (I know the developer), but would he play every week at City or United or, dare I say, Liverpool? Christ there was even a Leicester fan texting in to say he would be an ideal successor to that tw@t at their place!

He could stay here being a big part of the Ralph project, earn an absolute fortune and be made for life, and go down as big a legend as MLT or SRL

Thoughts?
Danny Ings again on 13:59 - Jan 20 with 1434 viewscocklebreath

Danny Ings again on 13:11 - Jan 20 by 1885_SFC

I've been reading that Ings is happy with the wages we are offering him on a new contract - but the sticking point is the amount Saints want for him should a big club come calling for his services.

No point giving him a new contract if he insists on a £20 million release clause

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Danny Ings again on 14:05 - Jan 20 with 1421 viewsSonicBoom

Let's be fair if you are a player that is capable of playing at a higher level, for a club that plays CL or contends to win things - then why wouldn't you want to do that? Going as high as you can is part of being a competitive person isn't it?
And which of us would say no to doubling our salary even if you are getting 5 mill a year, would you turn down an offer of 10? Why would you voluntarily play at a lower level for less money? That's bonkers.

The names mentioned that have signed new deals with no fuss are the ones who know this is the best offer they'll get. Players are only as loyal as their options.
Danny Ings again on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 1374 viewsPoirot

Saints are in a no win situation come the summer and despite covid finances, if hes available for £20-25M then someone like arsenal will sell and buy him. We wont get the £40M that it deserves at that not good for the club. Last October the deal was almost done, but Ings wanted a low buy clause and the club said no. CL football talk for me is a secondary reason.
Danny Ings again on 17:03 - Jan 20 with 1333 viewsNewdawn2014

it is awful when a player we all got behind is touted by the media and old fat grey haired ex players , but we have been here so many times before and been pi...d on from great heights that its almost expected , but it still rips your heart out.
Danny Ings again on 17:17 - Jan 20 with 1316 viewsKennington

Danny Ings again on 17:03 - Jan 20 by Newdawn2014

it is awful when a player we all got behind is touted by the media and old fat grey haired ex players , but we have been here so many times before and been pi...d on from great heights that its almost expected , but it still rips your heart out.

We are at a certain level in the pecking order. Bigger teams can pick us off as we often do with teams below us. Unless a change in ownership happens or we somehow fluke a top 4 place with what we have then this is the life of a saints fan. No point getting stressed about it. Only time it got to me was when we didn’t strengthen during our Europe season, that really made no sense.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Danny Ings again on 17:27 - Jan 20 with 1292 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonPage/status/1351875848840880129?ref_src=tw

Great answer from Ralph. You want champions league football Ings, well score the goals for us to get us there.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Danny Ings again on 17:29 - Jan 20 with 1291 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings again on 13:59 - Jan 20 by cocklebreath

No point giving him a new contract if he insists on a £20 million release clause

If that is the figure, he's being an absolute coooont (or his agent is!)
Danny Ings again on 17:37 - Jan 20 with 1268 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings again on 17:27 - Jan 20 by Saintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonPage/status/1351875848840880129?ref_src=tw

Great answer from Ralph. You want champions league football Ings, well score the goals for us to get us there.

That tells you Ralph is thoroughly pi55ed off as well and he must be wondering if it's worth all the bother of trying to build a team and continue with the project

But to counter that, it tells Ings that the club maybe aren't as ambitious as he is
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings again on 17:41 - Jan 20 with 1261 viewsinthebox

Now we know why we went for Walcot, which at the time was seen as a bit of an odd move. Ings's injury prone and this will play apart here. I t might seem best for him to play a bit part with a big club. Its a shame Ralph could persuade Tino Werner to come here, obviously not happy at Chelsea.
Danny Ings again on 20:29 - Jan 20 with 1201 viewsSaintsforeverj

If this is all true and very happy to take my words back if by miracle he signs a contract but what a thoroughly greedy, arrogant, disloyal so and so Ings is. He was rotting in the wilderness at Liverpool. We rescue his career, go back a few months and he is saying how happy he is here. What a liar. Now he isn't happy with 100 000 pounds a week, trying to blackmail us in to having a release clause which will mean he would leave anyway on the cheap. Will be interesting to see if he plays in the next few games. Will Ralph play a player who has his head elsewhere? History tells me and after Ralph's comments tonight, we won't see him play very much.

On this, I personally fully support the club. If the reports are right, we have offered him a highly acceptable contract, making him our highest ever paid player. And Ings sticks up two fingers.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 20:33]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Danny Ings again on 23:10 - Jan 20 with 1126 viewsBicester_North

Have we called Les Reed back in to create his dark magic, by making up stories about Ings shutting on the club?
That’s what happened with all the other players that left us isn’t it? They wanted to stay but Reed forced them out.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Danny Ings again on 08:42 - Jan 21 with 1027 viewsSadoldgit

Danny Ings again on 20:29 - Jan 20 by Saintsforeverj

If this is all true and very happy to take my words back if by miracle he signs a contract but what a thoroughly greedy, arrogant, disloyal so and so Ings is. He was rotting in the wilderness at Liverpool. We rescue his career, go back a few months and he is saying how happy he is here. What a liar. Now he isn't happy with 100 000 pounds a week, trying to blackmail us in to having a release clause which will mean he would leave anyway on the cheap. Will be interesting to see if he plays in the next few games. Will Ralph play a player who has his head elsewhere? History tells me and after Ralph's comments tonight, we won't see him play very much.

On this, I personally fully support the club. If the reports are right, we have offered him a highly acceptable contract, making him our highest ever paid player. And Ings sticks up two fingers.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 20:33]

I am not sure that negotiating the sort of contract that you would be happy to sign is “blackmail”? If you are a valuable asset you do the best you can for yourself. We have been good for him, he has been good for us. A win-win as Ralph would say. With his contract expiring he is perfectly entitled to look for a deal that suits him best, it will probably be his last big contract, so why not get it right? Let’s not have anymore talk if blackmail.
While we are at it, let’s also remember that he was being called a waste of money by many fans when we first signed him.
Danny Ings again on 11:57 - Jan 21 with 961 viewsBerber

Danny Ings again on 08:42 - Jan 21 by Sadoldgit

I am not sure that negotiating the sort of contract that you would be happy to sign is “blackmail”? If you are a valuable asset you do the best you can for yourself. We have been good for him, he has been good for us. A win-win as Ralph would say. With his contract expiring he is perfectly entitled to look for a deal that suits him best, it will probably be his last big contract, so why not get it right? Let’s not have anymore talk if blackmail.
While we are at it, let’s also remember that he was being called a waste of money by many fans when we first signed him.

This, players have always wanted to get to the best teams and win the most trophies they can, and this is normally accompanied by a much better wage. Some will trade of that for regular first team football. In the late 40s and early 50s, Sunderland were the "Bank of England" club. This is not new. We hardly ever hear of players saying "No thanks" to the big clubs.
Danny Ings again on 12:17 - Jan 21 with 946 viewsSadoldgit

Danny Ings again on 11:57 - Jan 21 by Berber

This, players have always wanted to get to the best teams and win the most trophies they can, and this is normally accompanied by a much better wage. Some will trade of that for regular first team football. In the late 40s and early 50s, Sunderland were the "Bank of England" club. This is not new. We hardly ever hear of players saying "No thanks" to the big clubs.

You can’t blame them. In the 54 years I have been supporting the Saints I think the only quality player we kept hold of was MLT, oh, and Terry Paine. It’s the way of the world sadly and if those two were here in their prime now I doubt if they would stay.
Danny Ings again on 17:22 - Jan 21 with 855 viewsRonManager

Danny Ings again on 12:17 - Jan 21 by Sadoldgit

You can’t blame them. In the 54 years I have been supporting the Saints I think the only quality player we kept hold of was MLT, oh, and Terry Paine. It’s the way of the world sadly and if those two were here in their prime now I doubt if they would stay.

And even Terry was eventually lured away to the bright lights of Hereford.

I can remember when the internet was all fields

Danny Ings again on 20:17 - Jan 21 with 756 viewspjt50

Danny Ings again on 12:17 - Jan 21 by Sadoldgit

Don't forget big Ron Davies — although supposedly that was only because we didn't tell him that Man U were interested. I wonder if that would still work...

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Danny Ings again on 00:20 - Jan 22 with 660 viewsRipleys_revenge

"We have still one and a half years left. This is a very long time in football. It's strange when you only have one or two years left, then they immediately say it means nothing. It means a lot to me. One and a half year in football is a very, very long time."

As sick as I am of hearing all the b@llocks about Ings, the more I hear from Ralph the more I wonder if there will be a positive outcome here. It's clear he's not someone who will get pushed around, and given his strong relationship with decision makers Semmens, Steele etc it gives me confidence that they know what they're doing perhaps more than we fans give them credit for.

As soon as rumours like this start flying around we all get jumpy because of how many times it's happened in the past. Totally understandable. But on the flip side I keep hearing how Ingsy has a good relationship with the club, he wants to play, he enjoys it here, loves Ralph's work etc. Let's wait and see what happens. The media and clubs like Spurs will always try to whip things up into a storm - I saw some clip of three people on Skysports I'd never heard of talking about this situation. It was clear they have absolutely no idea what they were on about, talking in very general terms, repeating the same old tropes about big clubs, ambition bla bla bla.

The reality is that those in charge of Saints these days are a far more competent, professional and strong outfit than we have been used to in the past. If Ingsy does sign and we end up keeping him, it will be the strongest statement yet of that. Let's see how it plays out...like I said before, Ralph is the main man here and while he's at the club we'll be OK.
Danny Ings again on 08:04 - Jan 22 with 594 viewsKennington

Danny Ings again on 00:20 - Jan 22 by Ripleys_revenge

"We have still one and a half years left. This is a very long time in football. It's strange when you only have one or two years left, then they immediately say it means nothing. It means a lot to me. One and a half year in football is a very, very long time."

As sick as I am of hearing all the b@llocks about Ings, the more I hear from Ralph the more I wonder if there will be a positive outcome here. It's clear he's not someone who will get pushed around, and given his strong relationship with decision makers Semmens, Steele etc it gives me confidence that they know what they're doing perhaps more than we fans give them credit for.

As soon as rumours like this start flying around we all get jumpy because of how many times it's happened in the past. Totally understandable. But on the flip side I keep hearing how Ingsy has a good relationship with the club, he wants to play, he enjoys it here, loves Ralph's work etc. Let's wait and see what happens. The media and clubs like Spurs will always try to whip things up into a storm - I saw some clip of three people on Skysports I'd never heard of talking about this situation. It was clear they have absolutely no idea what they were on about, talking in very general terms, repeating the same old tropes about big clubs, ambition bla bla bla.

The reality is that those in charge of Saints these days are a far more competent, professional and strong outfit than we have been used to in the past. If Ingsy does sign and we end up keeping him, it will be the strongest statement yet of that. Let's see how it plays out...like I said before, Ralph is the main man here and while he's at the club we'll be OK.

Agree about the leadership being much better than recent times. Arguably not since Cortese was here have things been this positive. Ultimately though a deal this big must at some point need Gao or his colleagues input? That I have no confidence in.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Danny Ings again on 08:19 - Jan 22 with 580 viewsBerber

Danny Ings again on 08:04 - Jan 22 by Kennington

Agree about the leadership being much better than recent times. Arguably not since Cortese was here have things been this positive. Ultimately though a deal this big must at some point need Gao or his colleagues input? That I have no confidence in.

The guy has invested tens of millions of pounds to buy his share of the club. He'll be getting weekly updates probably, monthly as a minimum.
Danny Ings again on 09:13 - Jan 22 with 560 viewsSadoldgit

There is talk about this being down to the club but the issue is that the players hold all of the cards. It really doesn’t matter what we offer, if the player is wanted by a “bigger” club they will invariably go. We are unhappy when we have rubbish players that nobody wants to buy. We are unhappy when our players are “sold” to bigger clubs through the media. We can’t have it both ways and I would much rather we had better players for a short time than crap players for a long time.
It has been great watching Ings but if he does go, as Ralph says, life goes on and we just have to find a good replacement. Sports people are very competitive and want to prove themselves with the best. We really can’t blames Ings for wanting to get to the highest level he can.
If the reports are true and this is all about a release clause then he is clearly off. I can’t blame the club for not agreeing to one (or a low one) if they are prepared to make him the highest paid player - for that we would want some loyalty or higher recompense if he leaves. I can’t blame Ings for wanting to be paid his worth in an inflated market and to keep the door open should a better opportunity arise.
I guess the bottom line is that if we don’t finish in the top four, then he will leave in the summer.
Danny Ings again on 09:49 - Jan 22 with 534 viewsSonicBoom

This is spot on - although maybe not the part about it being an inflated market. I'd say the opposite is true. The bog clubs will still want good players but they will be reducing the size of their bids in this climate so we might not get as much as we would hope for for Ings.

I also don't buy into this "In Ralph we trust" b ollox.

Ralph is in exactly the same boat as Ings. If for example Chelsea sack Lampard and offer RH 200 grand a week, and a healthy budget which would allow him to compete at the top end, does anyone think he will say "No thanks, I'm happy here trying to get to 7th" ?
Course not. Like Koeman and Pochettino before him, he'd be off like a robbers dog.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024