Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker from derby 18:59 - Jan 30 with 10782 viewsandypitt56

Apparently we have had a bid accepted for a young striker from derby Morgan Whittaker
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:07]
Striker from derby on 18:11 - Jan 31 with 1483 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 18:04 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Think it's the opinion of most people. The for sale signs were out before the end of Laudrup's second season. No way were Jenkins, Van Swede and Co going to take the chance of losing out on their payday, and they couldn't have cared less who they sold to.

To be honest, and this isn't exactly news to anyone, despite their piss poor start in the job they're now running the club the way I'd want it to be run. There will be those who want them gone regardless, but if they keep doing what they're doing then better the Devil we know for the moment as far as I'm concerned. If that means at some point they'll receive a dividend or return on their investment then they'll have earned it.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 18:10]

Agreed,

And i keep saying this, but it gets ignored. Who'll come next is the real worry. Once the Americans come to the point where they want to sell, are they going to care who they sell to? Probably not as long as the money goes through.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Striker from derby (n/t) on 18:16 - Jan 31 with 1442 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 18:11 - Jan 31 by Chief

Agreed,

And i keep saying this, but it gets ignored. Who'll come next is the real worry. Once the Americans come to the point where they want to sell, are they going to care who they sell to? Probably not as long as the money goes through.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Agreed,

Agreed,

On the other hand,if they do sell to people who have some financial clout...

[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 18:17]

Striker from derby on 18:19 - Jan 31 with 1456 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 17:58 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The reason you should not mind the USA people making significant profits is that the local Welsh people 31% shareholders will also cash in. You do not recognise the Trust cashing in because you are in some way uncomfortable with 'profit'. 31% of £200m is £62m for the local economy.

The idea of the Trust making £40m+ from selling their shares in not 'pie in the sky'. It is a very real prospect based on the current trajectory of the club and the performances on the field.

Perhaps you do not mention Trust profits because do not see the benefit of the Trust holding £40m. This is because perhaps you have not thought about it. Trust cash in the bank with investment returns of say £1m per annum can be used in a number of ways such as sponsoring ambitious young people to work in the club for a year as apprentices in media stadium management of match analysis for example.

The narrative of victim will not wash with me. Everybody is a victim these days. The trust might be better off by not selling imply based on inflation. It is evident now that the club was sold on the cheap in 2016.

You're of course assuming the owners of the holding company want to include the trust in negotiations to sell that company.

Which you fail to highlight consistently.

Striker from derby (n/t) on 18:21 - Jan 31 with 1445 viewsDr_Winston

Striker from derby (n/t) on 18:16 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Who will run the club into debt just to satisfy the moronic wails for "Investment" and "Ambishun!".

Pipe down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Striker from derby on 18:22 - Jan 31 with 1441 viewsDr_Winston

Agreed,

Yep.

Hence, better the Devil we know. There are a lot worse out there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Striker from derby (n/t) on 18:22 - Jan 31 with 1448 viewsChief

Striker from derby (n/t) on 18:16 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

And use as literally as a play thing or status symbol and cause us to fall foul of FFP rules?

Login to get fewer ads

Striker from derby on 18:22 - Jan 31 with 1430 viewsonehunglow

Let's face it.Today is seeing a flow of abuse albeit in less overt language but it's pretty evident. Gang culture again.

Now,Chief,what if the Yanks sold us to a consortium something on the lines of Wolves/Leicester and really could move us on and kill this god awful little ol Swansea crap.

Striker from derby on 18:28 - Jan 31 with 1433 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 18:22 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Let's face it.Today is seeing a flow of abuse albeit in less overt language but it's pretty evident. Gang culture again.

Now,Chief,what if the Yanks sold us to a consortium something on the lines of Wolves/Leicester and really could move us on and kill this god awful little ol Swansea crap.

It is entirely possible they sell to the someone half decent. But my point stands, i doubt they'll care who they are.

Striker from derby on 18:31 - Jan 31 with 1411 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 18:28 - Jan 31 by Chief

It is entirely possible they sell to the someone half decent. But my point stands, i doubt they'll care who they are.

I agree with that.
I d be staggered if the Owners see us as anything more than a business from which they can make money. That s fine by me,so long as they can move us on.They cant really as they dont have money of their own.

I was hoping the sale would have proved beneficial but it didnt and that is sad.

Many are happy to have been proven right about selling to this lot. Sick really

Now,if they sell to people with substance I will be ecstatic ,as I was in 1968.

Striker from derby on 18:47 - Jan 31 with 1395 viewsKeithHaynes

Striker from derby on 18:31 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

I agree with that.
I d be staggered if the Owners see us as anything more than a business from which they can make money. That s fine by me,so long as they can move us on.They cant really as they dont have money of their own.

I was hoping the sale would have proved beneficial but it didnt and that is sad.

Many are happy to have been proven right about selling to this lot. Sick really

Now,if they sell to people with substance I will be ecstatic ,as I was in 1968.

We are a business, if they view us as anything else the club fails.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Striker from derby on 20:18 - Jan 31 with 1283 viewsReslovenSwan1

Striker from derby on 18:19 - Jan 31 by Chief

You're of course assuming the owners of the holding company want to include the trust in negotiations to sell that company.

Which you fail to highlight consistently.

The US people have no obligation to sell the Trust's shares for them. Why should they?. They are not even on good terms being unable to even mediate. If the the Trust want to be part of a future share sale they better change their litigous strategy. It seems to me that this strategy is ' busted flush'. They need to get networking.

The Trust are a stand alone group and not a charity. They can expect no special priviliges.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Striker from derby on 20:21 - Jan 31 with 1301 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 20:18 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The US people have no obligation to sell the Trust's shares for them. Why should they?. They are not even on good terms being unable to even mediate. If the the Trust want to be part of a future share sale they better change their litigous strategy. It seems to me that this strategy is ' busted flush'. They need to get networking.

The Trust are a stand alone group and not a charity. They can expect no special priviliges.

That's exactly the point - they have no obligation to and chances are probably won't aid that process.

Striker from derby on 20:39 - Jan 31 with 1277 viewsdobjack2

Agreed,

And there in lies the issue.

The last lot didn’t appear to care who they sold to and they included local people who supposedly had the best interests of the club at heart.
Striker from derby on 20:48 - Jan 31 with 1261 viewsFlashberryjack

Striker from derby on 20:16 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

Must be the big signing that Andy Cole keeps mentioning.

He is 6ft mun.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Striker from derby on 20:54 - Jan 31 with 1239 viewsKeithHaynes

Striker from derby on 20:48 - Jan 31 by Flashberryjack

He is 6ft mun.

That was me a few weeks back, two days to go, or is it one 😂

Striker from derby on 20:55 - Jan 31 with 1229 viewsDr_Winston

Striker from derby on 20:39 - Jan 31 by dobjack2

The last lot didn’t appear to care who they sold to and they included local people who supposedly had the best interests of the club at heart.

All we can hope for is prospective owners don't risk the clubs long term sustainability. We've got that now.

Ironically our future seems to be in better hands currently than it was under the last lot.

Striker from derby on 11:12 - Feb 1 with 1090 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Will this transfer be confirmed today?
Striker from derby on 11:13 - Feb 1 with 1088 viewsKeithHaynes

Striker from derby on 11:12 - Feb 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Will this transfer be confirmed today?

Keep an eye on the transfer deadline news story thread. It’s already updated on him.

Striker from derby on 11:31 - Feb 1 with 1058 viewsvetchonian

why is it almost every thread is hijacked and ends up with the ongoing debate re the Trust, sellouts and new majority shareholders?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Striker from derby on 11:47 - Feb 1 with 1023 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 11:31 - Feb 1 by vetchonian

why is it almost every thread is hijacked and ends up with the ongoing debate re the Trust, sellouts and new majority shareholders?

Morning.#
Can't really see how this thread ha been highjacked apart from you pointing that out.

Frankly,Im just hoping this kid does a job and that Ayew doesnt walk away leaving us with an unknown slight kid and the remarkable warrior that is young Mr Lowe .

Brentford looking at signing Winston Reid, a proven player. Brentford ffs.

Striker from derby on 11:55 - Feb 1 with 1018 viewsDr_Winston

Winston Reid is 32 years old and has barely played for three years.

Jealous as hell of that signing ay.

Striker from derby on 13:13 - Feb 1 with 937 viewsReslovenSwan1

Striker from derby on 20:39 - Jan 31 by dobjack2

This is a fake assertion yet again. I challenge it yet again with logic and facts.

The sellers did care who they sold to. Kaplan and Levien are decent people and decent responsible owners. Levien is 'no fly by night'. He has been involved in DC Untiied for almost a decade and overseen a new stadium development named "Audi Field". (kerching)

The sellers cared so much who they sold to that they backed them to look after £10m of their own shares. It has not been easy but that gamble may actually come off as if the US people sell in the PL their £10m holing will be worth £20m and thats another £5m each.

I invest in equities and other investments . One method of doing well is following 'directors dealings'. Investors copy the buying and selling of directors because they have the "inside track". The Trust should copy the investing of the other remaining directors to be in the best place. That should always have been their strategy.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 13:16]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Striker from derby on 13:39 - Feb 1 with 899 viewsKeithHaynes

Striker from derby on 11:55 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

Winston Reid is 32 years old and has barely played for three years.

Jealous as hell of that signing ay.

Great signing for them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024