Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker from derby 18:59 - Jan 30 with 10783 viewsandypitt56

Apparently we have had a bid accepted for a young striker from derby Morgan Whittaker
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:07]
Striker from derby on 14:55 - Jan 31 with 1150 viewsBoundy

Striker from derby on 12:22 - Jan 31 by A_Fans_Dad

"We are not really in a position to pay this kind of money for a player for the future.

But wasn't that Cooper's remit whn he joined us, progress over the 3 years?

looking at the age profile of the squad , I'd say we are building for the future .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Striker from derby on 15:00 - Jan 31 with 1132 viewsKeithHaynes

Striker from derby on 14:55 - Jan 31 by Boundy

looking at the age profile of the squad , I'd say we are building for the future .

Cooper knows he has to plan for next season with players which will either maintain a championship challenge next season or add exciting depth to a premier league squad. Either way, his work with these players has been remarkable.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Striker from derby on 15:26 - Jan 31 with 1071 viewsReslovenSwan1

Striker from derby on 14:54 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

You are the only swans "fan" i know that was in favour of the sale to the yanks, it's hardly surprising you're clinging on to his coattails now.

The sellers had had enough and having completely modernised the club wanted to move on. The Trust wanted to handcuff them to the club for life which is not only immoral, but very poor business. You cannot stand still.

Fans now abuse the sellers for breaking free of the handcuff that the Trust claim the Shareholders agreement applied. This might be tested in court. Forcing people who do not want to be invested Swansea to be invested in Swansea makes no sense. It never did make sense.

The US owners have proven to be pretty good. Having applied the tough medicine and the "non negotiable" Cooper principles the club is now progressing. it has to be said they learned hard lessons themselves. The signing of 'light weight' Whittker and Hentry Jones in the academy shows long term aspirations.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Striker from derby on 15:32 - Jan 31 with 1074 viewsTreforys_Jack

Striker from derby on 15:26 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The sellers had had enough and having completely modernised the club wanted to move on. The Trust wanted to handcuff them to the club for life which is not only immoral, but very poor business. You cannot stand still.

Fans now abuse the sellers for breaking free of the handcuff that the Trust claim the Shareholders agreement applied. This might be tested in court. Forcing people who do not want to be invested Swansea to be invested in Swansea makes no sense. It never did make sense.

The US owners have proven to be pretty good. Having applied the tough medicine and the "non negotiable" Cooper principles the club is now progressing. it has to be said they learned hard lessons themselves. The signing of 'light weight' Whittker and Hentry Jones in the academy shows long term aspirations.

How do you know the sellers had, had enough? Seemed more to me like they shite themselves in case we went down and the cash cow was dissapearing.
Striker from derby on 15:34 - Jan 31 with 1058 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 14:54 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

You are the only swans "fan" i know that was in favour of the sale to the yanks, it's hardly surprising you're clinging on to his coattails now.

Not at all friend and why the italics and hate

And since when I have ever hung on to anyone' coat tails. You can't have it both ways Paul.

Res and I are not chums and we have many an argument but we keep it tidy. You should try it .It cleanses the soul.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:36]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Striker from derby on 15:35 - Jan 31 with 1068 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 15:26 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The sellouts should probably have thought about that before signing it.

Or maybe approaching the trust to discuss its terms prior to selling their shares instead of Jenkins' frankly embarrassing efforts at scurrying around in vain afterwards.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Striker from derby on 16:08 - Jan 31 with 1010 viewsNeath_Jack

Striker from derby on 15:34 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

Not at all friend and why the italics and hate

And since when I have ever hung on to anyone' coat tails. You can't have it both ways Paul.

Res and I are not chums and we have many an argument but we keep it tidy. You should try it .It cleanses the soul.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:36]

No italics in my post Perch.

I've told you a few times now, I am not Paul who used to post on here under a similar name. He's far to nice to be me.

You have a penchant for coattail hanging, particularly with people who you deem are educated. Apart from London Lisa of course, because you get intimidated by her.

I've not been beastly to you, just telling the truth.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Striker from derby on 16:10 - Jan 31 with 1004 viewsNeath_Jack

Striker from derby on 15:32 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

How do you know the sellers had, had enough? Seemed more to me like they shite themselves in case we went down and the cash cow was dissapearing.

It was clear as day they panicked and just wanted shot of the club as quickly as possible. They could see we were heading one way, and had to sell us before we fell through the trap door.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Striker from derby on 16:24 - Jan 31 with 979 viewsTreforys_Jack

Striker from derby on 16:08 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

I've told you a few times now, I am not Paul who used to post on here under a similar name. He's far to nice to be me.

You have a penchant for coattail hanging, particularly with people who you deem are educated. Apart from London Lisa of course, because you get intimidated by her.

Wow, could have written that myself word for word.
Striker from derby on 16:37 - Jan 31 with 947 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 16:24 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

Yes but you have been told Perch is dead and therefore the only reason you and the posse post on here is to cause friction which is then reported upon .As you well know.

You underestimate people,especially me.

Striker from derby on 16:39 - Jan 31 with 938 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 16:08 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

Intimidated by lisa?

You truly are sick ,mate.Really. You need to take stock.

Striker from derby on 16:41 - Jan 31 with 931 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 16:24 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

Hardly surprising a you have a group meeting with your leader before you come on here ,as a group to cause strife.None of you actually post on subject and you have been outed ,make no mistake.
Now please do one

Striker from derby on 16:49 - Jan 31 with 928 viewsCatullus

Striker from derby on 16:10 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

It was clear as day they panicked and just wanted shot of the club as quickly as possible. They could see we were heading one way, and had to sell us before we fell through the trap door.

That's my opinion too. I wasn't in favour of how the sale happened but as it turns out, I think the Americans are doing alright by us. The evidence is there to see. It's only logical really, they want us to succeed so they can make a profit.

An open question, if the current owners stay long term and make massive profits but as a club we are succesful, would anybody mind them making those profits?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Striker from derby on 17:00 - Jan 31 with 904 viewspencoedjack

Striker from derby on 16:49 - Jan 31 by Catullus

That's my opinion too. I wasn't in favour of how the sale happened but as it turns out, I think the Americans are doing alright by us. The evidence is there to see. It's only logical really, they want us to succeed so they can make a profit.

An open question, if the current owners stay long term and make massive profits but as a club we are succesful, would anybody mind them making those profits?

That’s how I see it.

Also

What’s happening with the trust these days? I’m a member & heard nothing from them, are they still claiming to be putting together a case to take Jenkins & co to court?

They seem irrelevant now.
Striker from derby on 17:01 - Jan 31 with 904 viewssplJack

Striker from derby on 11:05 - Jan 31 by onehunglow

True and I will,not that it makes any difference but do you not think it rather odd.

We need more physical types to play a we like,which is why Fulton should be first name on teamsheet.
Yesterday ,the magnificent Roberts literally bounced off one of their players.

It depends how good he is, some of the best forward players about are lightweight (Rashford, Neymar, Foden) but use their skill and speed to negate their lack of size.

I think he is definatly seen as one we can develop and get the best from next season and beyond If he hits the ground running and bangs a few in between now and the end of the season then all the better - lets just give him a fair shake.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 17:03]
Striker from derby on 17:07 - Jan 31 with 892 viewsdobjack2

They made a decision to run us at or close to break even after realising that our previous business model was going to collapse on relegation.

Unpleasant but it has kept us afloat. However having a consortium of owners the other side of the Atlantic that appear to have little interest in the city is hardly ideal.
Striker from derby on 17:10 - Jan 31 with 883 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 17:00 - Jan 31 by pencoedjack

That’s how I see it.

Also

What’s happening with the trust these days? I’m a member & heard nothing from them, are they still claiming to be putting together a case to take Jenkins & co to court?

Checked your emails?

There's been updates every few weeks.

Striker from derby on 17:11 - Jan 31 with 877 viewsNeath_Jack

The yanks are doing a cracking job in fairness to them, whether that is by design, or through lack of interest is another thing. What does bother me is who buys us the next time we are put up for sale. I doubt we will be as "lucky" next time.

I don't think anyone is bothered about anyone making a profit, as long as it isn't to the detriment of the club. I think the same can be said by the majority of fans in regards to our last owners selling up and making a shilling. It was the manner in which it was carried out which will forever sour their successes here.

Striker from derby on 17:15 - Jan 31 with 869 viewslondonlisa2001

Striker from derby on 17:00 - Jan 31 by pencoedjack

That’s how I see it.

Also

There was a detailed update sent to all members as recently as 18 January.

There have been two updates (in addition to stuff about the AGM) since the New Year.
Striker from derby on 17:24 - Jan 31 with 844 viewspencoedjack

Striker from derby on 17:10 - Jan 31 by Chief

Checked your emails?

There's been updates every few weeks.

I have not received emails from the trust for a while.

Are they still talking about taking legal action?

I was very pro trust but recently they seem very irrelevant.

I’m sure they are still working hard but in my opinion a lot of the talk seems to be just that.
Striker from derby on 17:26 - Jan 31 with 831 viewsonehunglow

Striker from derby on 17:01 - Jan 31 by splJack

It depends how good he is, some of the best forward players about are lightweight (Rashford, Neymar, Foden) but use their skill and speed to negate their lack of size.

I think he is definatly seen as one we can develop and get the best from next season and beyond If he hits the ground running and bangs a few in between now and the end of the season then all the better - lets just give him a fair shake.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 17:03]

Indeed.Fair comment

Thank you

Striker from derby on 17:29 - Jan 31 with 825 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 17:24 - Jan 31 by pencoedjack

I have not received emails from the trust for a while.

Are they still talking about taking legal action?

I was very pro trust but recently they seem very irrelevant.

I’m sure they are still working hard but in my opinion a lot of the talk seems to be just that.

Yes they are.

Striker from derby on 17:58 - Jan 31 with 791 viewsReslovenSwan1

Striker from derby on 17:11 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

The yanks are doing a cracking job in fairness to them, whether that is by design, or through lack of interest is another thing. What does bother me is who buys us the next time we are put up for sale. I doubt we will be as "lucky" next time.

I don't think anyone is bothered about anyone making a profit, as long as it isn't to the detriment of the club. I think the same can be said by the majority of fans in regards to our last owners selling up and making a shilling. It was the manner in which it was carried out which will forever sour their successes here.

The reason you should not mind the USA people making significant profits is that the local Welsh people 31% shareholders will also cash in. You do not recognise the Trust cashing in because you are in some way uncomfortable with 'profit'. 31% of £200m is £62m for the local economy.

The idea of the Trust making £40m+ from selling their shares in not 'pie in the sky'. It is a very real prospect based on the current trajectory of the club and the performances on the field.

Perhaps you do not mention Trust profits because do not see the benefit of the Trust holding £40m. This is because perhaps you have not thought about it. Trust cash in the bank with investment returns of say £1m per annum can be used in a number of ways such as sponsoring ambitious young people to work in the club for a year as apprentices in media stadium management of match analysis for example.

The narrative of victim will not wash with me. Everybody is a victim these days. The trust might be better off by not selling imply based on inflation. It is evident now that the club was sold on the cheap in 2016.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Striker from derby on 18:03 - Jan 31 with 790 viewsNeath_Jack

Striker from derby on 17:58 - Jan 31 by ReslovenSwan1

The reason you should not mind the USA people making significant profits is that the local Welsh people 31% shareholders will also cash in. You do not recognise the Trust cashing in because you are in some way uncomfortable with 'profit'. 31% of £200m is £62m for the local economy.

The idea of the Trust making £40m+ from selling their shares in not 'pie in the sky'. It is a very real prospect based on the current trajectory of the club and the performances on the field.

Perhaps you do not mention Trust profits because do not see the benefit of the Trust holding £40m. This is because perhaps you have not thought about it. Trust cash in the bank with investment returns of say £1m per annum can be used in a number of ways such as sponsoring ambitious young people to work in the club for a year as apprentices in media stadium management of match analysis for example.

The narrative of victim will not wash with me. Everybody is a victim these days. The trust might be better off by not selling imply based on inflation. It is evident now that the club was sold on the cheap in 2016.

You are barking up the wrong tree butt, i stopped reading your drivel weeks ago. I have not read that post in which you have quoted me. In the same way i won't read the Sun or Sunday Sport newspapers.

Stick to Chief or some of the others, they got patience to humour you.

Striker from derby on 18:04 - Jan 31 with 789 viewsDr_Winston

Think it's the opinion of most people. The for sale signs were out before the end of Laudrup's second season. No way were Jenkins, Van Swede and Co going to take the chance of losing out on their payday, and they couldn't have cared less who they sold to.

To be honest, and this isn't exactly news to anyone, despite their piss poor start in the job they're now running the club the way I'd want it to be run. There will be those who want them gone regardless, but if they keep doing what they're doing then better the Devil we know for the moment as far as I'm concerned. If that means at some point they'll receive a dividend or return on their investment then they'll have earned it.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 18:10]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024