Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adams 21:44 - Jan 30 with 2542 viewsMeonsaint

Not Premiership quality. He had 2 golden opportunities tonight. Ship him out Ralph.
Adams on 21:46 - Jan 30 with 2106 viewscocklebreath

Not sure what your watching but he’s been excellent since coming on

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Adams on 21:47 - Jan 30 with 2096 viewsSaintsforeverj

Adams on 21:46 - Jan 30 by cocklebreath

He works hard, tries hard, holds the ball up etc but he doesn't do what we bought him for. And that's score goals.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Adams on 21:49 - Jan 30 with 2094 viewsMeonsaint

He is a striker and his job is supposed to score goals. Not good enough.
Adams on 21:54 - Jan 30 with 2076 viewssaint22

Add djenepo to that list
Adams on 21:57 - Jan 30 with 2043 viewsIngskneeslide

Here come the knee jerk reaction brigade. Fûcking grow up
Adams on 22:00 - Jan 30 with 2011 viewsMeonsaint

He should have finished his first chance. One on one with the keeper but elected to shoot with his right foot rather than sliding a simple a chance into the bottom corner with his left foot. I agree he might have been ok holding the ball up and keeping the momentum of the attack going but ultimately his priority is to hit the back of the net. We paid Birmingham City for a Championship striker and that is what we got.
Adams on 22:12 - Jan 30 with 1942 viewsMeonsaint

Adams on 21:57 - Jan 30 by Ingskneeslide

Here come the knee jerk reaction brigade. Fûcking grow up

I have a right to an opinion the same as you. I am really disappointed about tonight's result the same as everyone else but I am just making a point. Nothing to do with growing up.
I have been lucky to watch a really threatening Saints attack over the years since the days of Channon, Osgood, Macdougall, Boyer Keegan, Le Tissier' Beattie,Pahars, Lambert Pelle, Mane. Those strikers only needed half a chance to change a game. This lad is not in the same street. He completely fluffed an easy scoring opportunity tonight which would have earned us a well deserved draw. 1-1 would have been a fair result on the balance of play.
I don't see Premiership quality in his play.
Adams on 22:12 - Jan 30 with 1942 viewsinthebox

I'll wait to the end of the season before criticising any of our players but Che has been given some guilt edge chances, he seems to be able to find the goalie with out any problem
Login to get fewer ads

Adams on 22:15 - Jan 30 with 1924 viewscocklebreath

Can you not see how much better we were with him on the pitch?

Adams on 22:20 - Jan 30 with 1898 viewsMeonsaint

Adams on 22:12 - Jan 30 by inthebox

I'll wait to the end of the season before criticising any of our players but Che has been given some guilt edge chances, he seems to be able to find the goalie with out any problem

Exactly. That is my point. Don't get me wrong, he works tirelessly for the team but we need him to finish. Full stop. He shoots straight at the keeper. Goals pay the mortgage and we are going to be in serious arears if we continue to rely on Che Adams. He earns thousands a week, time for him to practice and prove me wrong. I sincerely hope he does.
Adams on 22:22 - Jan 30 with 1888 viewsMeonsaint

Adams on 22:15 - Jan 30 by cocklebreath

Can you not see how much better we were with him on the pitch?

yes but we need him to score some bloody goals.
Adams on 22:30 - Jan 30 with 1857 viewscocklebreath

Adams on 22:22 - Jan 30 by Meonsaint

yes but we need him to score some bloody goals.

Of course but I’d rather him out there than Walcott or Redmond

Adams on 22:37 - Jan 30 with 1830 viewsMeonsaint

Adams on 22:30 - Jan 30 by cocklebreath

Of course but I’d rather him out there than Walcott or Redmond

It's a difficult one. I really hope Che Adams comes good and when I am next allowed at St Marys I will give him my full vocal support and encourage him. In my opinion he is a great foil for Ings but we need him to take responsibility, full ownership however you want to phrase it and rifle some corkers like is Man City effort last season, past the keepers.
I agree I think he does add more value than Walcott & Redmond.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 22:38]
Adams on 22:44 - Jan 30 with 1810 viewsRon11

He was, and we finally got in behind their defence he and opened them up a bit where Walcott was mostly ineffective, culminating in a goal that should never have been disallowed.
That decision was criminal, as was the no penalty decision.
Adams on 22:47 - Jan 30 with 1797 viewsRon11

Adams on 22:37 - Jan 30 by Meonsaint

It's a difficult one. I really hope Che Adams comes good and when I am next allowed at St Marys I will give him my full vocal support and encourage him. In my opinion he is a great foil for Ings but we need him to take responsibility, full ownership however you want to phrase it and rifle some corkers like is Man City effort last season, past the keepers.
I agree I think he does add more value than Walcott & Redmond.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 22:38]

Yes, and if Ralph had started him, I don't think they would have lost.
Walcott has been running up blind alleys for quite a while now, and should have been rested tonight.
Adams on 22:57 - Jan 30 with 1777 viewsdirk_doone

All strikers have lean spells. At the end of last season, Ings and Adams were on fire. They combine well together and the goals will start to flow again.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Adams on 23:21 - Jan 30 with 1737 viewsBicester_North

Adams on 22:57 - Jan 30 by dirk_doone

All strikers have lean spells. At the end of last season, Ings and Adams were on fire. They combine well together and the goals will start to flow again.

True. Adams was good enough for the premier league from late last season and the first few months of this one.
Make a judgement at the end of this season. Fans these days write players off too quickly. Impatient culture of premier league supporters today.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 23:21]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Adams on 08:23 - Jan 31 with 1600 viewsJaySaint

Adams on 22:57 - Jan 30 by dirk_doone

his lean spells are raaaaaather long

I like him. Provides good link up play and works really hard. But fact is, he offers almost zero goal threat

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Adams on 08:28 - Jan 31 with 1597 viewsHeisenberg

Adams on 08:23 - Jan 31 by JaySaint

his lean spells are raaaaaather long

I like him. Provides good link up play and works really hard. But fact is, he offers almost zero goal threat

Surprised you noticed. You were posting about project management courses during the game.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Adams on 08:29 - Jan 31 with 1595 viewssaint22

Adams on 22:47 - Jan 30 by Ron11

Walcott has been running up blind alleys for quite a while now, and should have been rested tonight.

Walcott will be out a while now so if Redmond and Armstrong perform then he will struggle to get back in
You can see why Walcott has never become what he promised all those years ago at us
His end product just is not there despite all the skill and endeavour
Adams on 08:44 - Jan 31 with 1579 viewsJaySaint

Adams on 08:28 - Jan 31 by Heisenberg

Surprised you noticed. You were posting about project management courses during the game.

good point. very well made!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Adams on 09:30 - Jan 31 with 1530 viewsBerber

Adams on 22:47 - Jan 30 by Ron11

I agree with this, was quite shocked that TW started ahead of Adams. And whilst Adams has taken some justified criticism for missing clear chances, let's not forget Redmond doing his usual running into the corner then turning back and playing it back, and as usual, hoofing clear chances over the bar.
Adams on 11:16 - Jan 31 with 1476 viewsRon11

Adams on 09:30 - Jan 31 by Berber

I agree with this, was quite shocked that TW started ahead of Adams. And whilst Adams has taken some justified criticism for missing clear chances, let's not forget Redmond doing his usual running into the corner then turning back and playing it back, and as usual, hoofing clear chances over the bar.

Regarding Redmond, sadly yes.
Adams on 14:51 - Jan 31 with 1388 viewskingslandstand1

Adams on 22:20 - Jan 30 by Meonsaint

Exactly. That is my point. Don't get me wrong, he works tirelessly for the team but we need him to finish. Full stop. He shoots straight at the keeper. Goals pay the mortgage and we are going to be in serious arears if we continue to rely on Che Adams. He earns thousands a week, time for him to practice and prove me wrong. I sincerely hope he does.

Jury is still out for me, but I note you mention practice. Very valid and I wonder if he stays behind after regular training for shooting practice or whatever in the way that JWP has done for taking free kicks and that has certainly paid off (apart from last night's that went straight in to the wall)
Adams on 15:11 - Jan 31 with 1363 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Adams on 23:21 - Jan 30 by Bicester_North

True. Adams was good enough for the premier league from late last season and the first few months of this one.
Make a judgement at the end of this season. Fans these days write players off too quickly. Impatient culture of premier league supporters today.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 23:21]

I agree - he does try hard and puts in a shift though in every game .. he is getting to have a start of a good understanding with Danny -- but unfortunately has the shooting standards of Long and Redmond - hopefully that side of his game will improve - so he becomes a good all round player - and feared by premiership defenses!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024