Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread 03:52 - Feb 3 with 13700 viewsNotLoyal

THE GAME THAT SKY TV COULD NOT IGNORE

Friday February 5th
Kick Off 8.15pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials

Simon Hooper
Derek Eaton and Daniel Leach will run the line, with Lee Swabey the 4th Official for the game. Simon is no relation to Swansea boss Steve Cooper.

Simon Hooper, the start of the missing C in surnames

THIS GAME “DAN” BE WATCHED LIVE LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY

Well here it is folks, it’s the top of the table clash that no other table can top unless it’s the same as this one and both sides are called Swansea City and Norwich City. And that’s a fact. Norwich are top of the league and have been mustard this season. Canary great Ernie Colman would be proud. It’s one of those games where once you get the top off the aroma will assault your taste buds like bird food. We are not trying to bull you here Tommy.

Ernie Coleman, took an E and put it in his name

Norwich City 1989, note the E is missing here, Ernie was not available for comment due to the fact he was dead

Norwich is the second county town of Suffolk near Ipswich, which is also in Suffolk but a far cleaner place than its local rival. In fact when Norwich was in Norfolk they hated it so much they moved to Suffolk. I went to Norfolk once. I didn’t stay there. They are also referred to as sheepshaggers' but of course their basic ability is lacking, the initial torment, the gaze into the eye upon capture, free sliding trouser zip, tentative but firm touch and almost leisurely movements means that Norwich have neither the training nor general mastery in sheep procurement and management. It’s a shame, but you can’t fake the truth.

After careful consideration we have decided that the NL Matchday thread is a magnificent read and would like to award him the Matchday thread for Swansea City award 2021. If anyone has a problem with that, contact the website owner who will arrange for you to be booted all round Mayhill. Crack on

The ladies of Naarwich
There was a time when the tattooed ladies of Naarwich would ensnare their prey and pass on illnesses and the ‘odd behaviour’ gene through sexual acts. These woman, and woman they often were although one man is known to be a part of the group from Bury Noel Edmunds were identified by an obscure Elvis tattoo.Only one was ever captured in a photograph, the person who took it later started following Swansea City and eating copious amounts of pickled eggs and strawberries dipped in a mustard chocolate sauce. true story.

The lesser photo ‘Naaarwich nibbler’ often female with a Noel Edmunds twist

Swansea City record against Norwich

Games won: 23
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 24

First game was a 5-2 win in September 1920 at the vetch field. Last game was a 4-1 loss in November 2018. Recent results have most certainly gone the way of Norwich City. The last home league victory was a 1-0 win in the premier league in March 2016, Gylfi scored the goal in front of 21,000 fans.

Swansea City 1 Norwich City 0

Steve Cooper pre match chat v Norwich City

LATEST
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/268437/norwich-city-pre

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Jordan Morris, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Kieron Freeman, Ben Cabango.

Norwich City: Tim Krul, Max Aarons, Grant Hanley (captain), Lukas Rupp, Przemyslaw Placheta, Todd Cantwell, Jacob Sorensen, Oliver Skipp, Teemu Pukki, Kenny McLean, Ben Gibson.

Substitutes: Daniel Barden, Christoph Zimmermann, Mario Vrancic, Kieran Dowell, Onel Hernandez, Bali Mumba, Alex Tettey, Dimitris Giannoulis, Adam Idah.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Feb 5 with 1642 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:14 - Feb 5 by max936

We're one up, you tube, pour yourself a dry Cherry and relax f..

Sherry? I’ve got cobra on the go mun. I’m on my 17th pint

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Feb 5 with 1623 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:14 - Feb 5 by Flashberryjack

My feelings exactly, they do seem to be giving Cantwell a lot of space.

All good at the moment though, I just hope we don't sit back and defend 2nd half (my heart couldn't take 45 minutes of defending).

Snap, hope we can add to the lead, with them having to come at us a bit more, hopefully before 60/65 mins and then give Morris a runout and see what he got for 25+

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:19 - Feb 5 with 1604 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:15 - Feb 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Sherry? I’ve got cobra on the go mun. I’m on my 17th pint

Tesco's English Breakfast Tea for me, feeling it now mind, I've had a few cups

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:21 - Feb 5 with 1583 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:10 - Feb 5 by Brynmill_Jack

We aren’t at our best and there’s no reason for it. Norwich are good but nowhere near as good as Brentford. A few passes astray for us - nerves maybe ?

Poor shout mun. We have for the most part been the better team. Played some of our best football all season, composed, calculated and a joy to watch.

Their midfield 3 are keeping them in the game. An excellent balance with Cantwell a real menace - THE missing piece on our jigsaw which MGW woulda filled. With a MGW we could win this league.

If Lowe gets a goal, the shackles will be off.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Feb 5 with 1548 viewsCatullus

If we aren't at our best god help them when we are! Is it greedy to ask for 3 more goals so our GD is better than the Bees too?

Never mind needing MGW, Hourihane might be the key and many said he was.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Feb 5 with 1536 viewsvetchonian

wot no substitutes at half tjme our nanager must be cluekess what is Fulton doing on the pitch

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:29 - Feb 5 with 1483 viewsThornburyswan

Hourihane has been a decent signing so far ;-)
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 1373 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:25 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

wot no substitutes at half tjme our nanager must be cluekess what is Fulton doing on the pitch

This.

Let's hear from our armchair experts now as to who, when and why Subs should be made.........

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, from an armchair, post match.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Feb 5 with 1350 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:42 - Feb 5 by AndyCole

This.

Let's hear from our armchair experts now as to who, when and why Subs should be made.........

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, from an armchair, post match.

this was a tongue in cheek post to those who love to Cooper bash

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 1322 viewsDr_Parnassus

“A Steve Cooper masterclass so far” says the commentator.

Quite right.

Not just for the work on the pitch. Our fitness seems far superior to theirs. Cantwell looks like he used all his energy in the first 45mins and now struggling to cover back. We look as strong as ever in workrate.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Feb 5 with 1323 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

this was a tongue in cheek post to those who love to Cooper bash

Yeah, I knows. Just accentuating your good point.

Ok, I'll go first - Morris for Lowe

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Feb 5 with 1263 viewsvetchonian

wot no penalty

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Feb 5 with 1259 viewsmax936

Penalty all day long not given, another where else on the field and he's gives a freekick, Morris would have been in. Unbelievable.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 22:00]

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Feb 5 with 1211 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:59 - Feb 5 by max936

Penalty all day long not given, another where else on the field and he's gives a freekick, Morris would have been in. Unbelievable.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 22:00]

Yep defo a pen

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 1202 viewsvetchonian

why have we only used 1 sub should have 4 sets of fresh legs on...2 nil up against top of the league who were on the PL last seaon our manager is clueless

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Feb 5 with 1178 views34dfgdf54

What a win, what a performance

Outstanding
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:13 - Feb 5 with 1159 viewsKeithHaynes

Absolutely delighted.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Feb 5 with 1143 viewsjasper_T

Morris looked the most tired in injury time, doubled over hands on his knees. Maybe this 'no subs' thing is the right idea after all.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Feb 5 with 1137 viewsAndyCole

A massive win, a massive performance of control, confidence, ascendancy and totally controlled defence.

Prem teams will be sniffing - Cooper, Bennett, Lowe, Grimes, Hourihane, Roberts.......

Our Spine totally bossed, in all departments.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Feb 5 with 1117 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

Morris looked the most tired in injury time, doubled over hands on his knees. Maybe this 'no subs' thing is the right idea after all.

Americans tend to get excited & burn energy quickly!
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Feb 5 with 1117 views34dfgdf54

Played very well when he come on.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Feb 5 with 1097 viewsFlashberryjack

Absolutely brilliant result, the team look as if there's real belief, wonderful to see.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Feb 5 with 1096 viewsKeithHaynes

Needs to get up to speed, he was exhausted or seemed to be, too far off their defenders, which Ayew pointed out to him on several occasions. But no complaints from me, apart from the obvious penalty not given.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Feb 5 with 1090 viewsraynor94

Took them apart tonight!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Feb 5 with 1082 viewsHighjack

Did anybody hear the commentator claim that our short, weak, non commanding keeper got his 16th clean sheet of the season.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024