Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread 03:52 - Feb 3 with 13702 viewsNotLoyal

THE GAME THAT SKY TV COULD NOT IGNORE

Friday February 5th
Kick Off 8.15pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials

Simon Hooper
Derek Eaton and Daniel Leach will run the line, with Lee Swabey the 4th Official for the game. Simon is no relation to Swansea boss Steve Cooper.

Simon Hooper, the start of the missing C in surnames

THIS GAME “DAN” BE WATCHED LIVE LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY

Well here it is folks, it’s the top of the table clash that no other table can top unless it’s the same as this one and both sides are called Swansea City and Norwich City. And that’s a fact. Norwich are top of the league and have been mustard this season. Canary great Ernie Colman would be proud. It’s one of those games where once you get the top off the aroma will assault your taste buds like bird food. We are not trying to bull you here Tommy.

Ernie Coleman, took an E and put it in his name

Norwich City 1989, note the E is missing here, Ernie was not available for comment due to the fact he was dead

Norwich is the second county town of Suffolk near Ipswich, which is also in Suffolk but a far cleaner place than its local rival. In fact when Norwich was in Norfolk they hated it so much they moved to Suffolk. I went to Norfolk once. I didn’t stay there. They are also referred to as sheepshaggers' but of course their basic ability is lacking, the initial torment, the gaze into the eye upon capture, free sliding trouser zip, tentative but firm touch and almost leisurely movements means that Norwich have neither the training nor general mastery in sheep procurement and management. It’s a shame, but you can’t fake the truth.

After careful consideration we have decided that the NL Matchday thread is a magnificent read and would like to award him the Matchday thread for Swansea City award 2021. If anyone has a problem with that, contact the website owner who will arrange for you to be booted all round Mayhill. Crack on

The ladies of Naarwich
There was a time when the tattooed ladies of Naarwich would ensnare their prey and pass on illnesses and the ‘odd behaviour’ gene through sexual acts. These woman, and woman they often were although one man is known to be a part of the group from Bury Noel Edmunds were identified by an obscure Elvis tattoo.Only one was ever captured in a photograph, the person who took it later started following Swansea City and eating copious amounts of pickled eggs and strawberries dipped in a mustard chocolate sauce. true story.

The lesser photo ‘Naaarwich nibbler’ often female with a Noel Edmunds twist

Swansea City record against Norwich

Games won: 23
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 24

First game was a 5-2 win in September 1920 at the vetch field. Last game was a 4-1 loss in November 2018. Recent results have most certainly gone the way of Norwich City. The last home league victory was a 1-0 win in the premier league in March 2016, Gylfi scored the goal in front of 21,000 fans.

Swansea City 1 Norwich City 0

Steve Cooper pre match chat v Norwich City

LATEST
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/268437/norwich-city-pre

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Jordan Morris, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Kieron Freeman, Ben Cabango.

Norwich City: Tim Krul, Max Aarons, Grant Hanley (captain), Lukas Rupp, Przemyslaw Placheta, Todd Cantwell, Jacob Sorensen, Oliver Skipp, Teemu Pukki, Kenny McLean, Ben Gibson.

Substitutes: Daniel Barden, Christoph Zimmermann, Mario Vrancic, Kieran Dowell, Onel Hernandez, Bali Mumba, Alex Tettey, Dimitris Giannoulis, Adam Idah.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Feb 5 with 1472 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

Morris looked the most tired in injury time, doubled over hands on his knees. Maybe this 'no subs' thing is the right idea after all.

He remained aghast at the No Pen decision for his stonewall pen.

But, yeah looked out of puff

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Feb 5 with 1464 viewsChubz

Solid performance despite having weaker possession stats. Hourihane looking very leggy last 10-15 mins and Lewis was blowing hard too. Both still need to get up to speed with fitness.

Telling that Cooper wasn't confident to make a change in midfield late on but if he'd had Smith on the bench, he surely would have.

Needs to rotate the squad a bit more or we'll blow up like Norwich are at the moment.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Feb 5 with 1464 viewsTreforys_Jack

Solid professional performance, lets keep pushing on.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:19 - Feb 5 with 1459 viewsswancity

Great win

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Feb 5 with 1451 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

Morris looked the most tired in injury time, doubled over hands on his knees. Maybe this 'no subs' thing is the right idea after all.

He's a big lump to be flying up and down the pitch, looks quick enough though, he'll need a few weeks to get up to speed, Championship is a hard league to jump into from another Countries football league, feel sure he would have scored if he hadn't been fouled, it was clearly a foul penalty all day long.
I'm happy to give him a pass for a 2/3 weeks

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Feb 5 with 1446 viewsjackrabbit

Excellent win. What a strike by Hourihane for 2-0. We let them have the ball in the second half but they didn’t do much with it. Very creditable win and excellent performance. Well done the lads.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Feb 5 with 1443 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Feb 5 by KeithHaynes

Needs to get up to speed, he was exhausted or seemed to be, too far off their defenders, which Ayew pointed out to him on several occasions. But no complaints from me, apart from the obvious penalty not given.

I was impressed with him, good touch, fast, running off the ball.

Good addition.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Feb 5 with 1432 viewsHighjack

Morris looked very sharp. There was one little series of one twos with Ayew that would have been absolutely scrumptious if it had pulled off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:22 - Feb 5 with 1423 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Feb 5 by max936

He's a big lump to be flying up and down the pitch, looks quick enough though, he'll need a few weeks to get up to speed, Championship is a hard league to jump into from another Countries football league, feel sure he would have scored if he hadn't been fouled, it was clearly a foul penalty all day long.
I'm happy to give him a pass for a 2/3 weeks

Give him a pass for what? He did well. Looks a very good player
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Feb 5 with 1416 viewsvetchonian

great win

i posted some tongue in cheek comments but yiu know had we lost or sraped a draw the usual supects and tge rest of the Cooper bashers would be here calling him out as a fraud not knowing what ge is doing not making subs pkaying hoofball.....i bet none of those will be here praising the team and its manager for an entertaining performance against a team relegated feom the PL and who were top of the league.
But next tjme we get a blip they will be all over this board like a rash.....call themselves fans

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:26 - Feb 5 with 1397 viewsChief

A statement result to the rest of the division.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:28 - Feb 5 with 1386 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

great win

i posted some tongue in cheek comments but yiu know had we lost or sraped a draw the usual supects and tge rest of the Cooper bashers would be here calling him out as a fraud not knowing what ge is doing not making subs pkaying hoofball.....i bet none of those will be here praising the team and its manager for an entertaining performance against a team relegated feom the PL and who were top of the league.
But next tjme we get a blip they will be all over this board like a rash.....call themselves fans

Bang on. The silence is golden from the interloping detractors. ' Cooper Out-ists' should hide, for quite some time please.

Cooper's post match interview, class. Just like our performance. Clear, concise, calm, collected, fluid, humble, professional. A Winning performance.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:30 - Feb 5 with 1374 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Feb 5 by Highjack

Did anybody hear the commentator claim that our short, weak, non commanding keeper got his 16th clean sheet of the season.

They were talking nonsense most of the game to be fair. Hinchcliffe makes it all up as he goes along. Don't think the half time punditry was any better.

Morris runs like DJ but probably twice the weight on him.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Feb 5 with 1354 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:22 - Feb 5 by 34dfgdf54

You’ll have to forgive Max. He’s been injured, just making his forum comeback. He’ll be up to speed in no time 😁

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Feb 5 with 1342 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He really did look good. Quick and strong. Best is yet to come methinks

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:35 - Feb 5 with 1339 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:17 - Feb 5 by AndyCole

He remained aghast at the No Pen decision for his stonewall pen.

But, yeah looked out of puff

He will be fine, coming on trying to make an impact in a short time looks like he can be a threat when he grts upto speed. CH has struggled as well, mind you 3 goals has helped him. Wondering if our new pitch is spongy and playing heavy as Norwich looked very tired as well.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:38 - Feb 5 with 1322 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Feb 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah I’ve heard it all before with everyone slagging Lowe off.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Feb 5 with 1286 viewsKilkennyjack

Well down Mr Cooper and our players. Outstanding.

If i recall correctly it was Curt and Leon who picked Mr Cooper.
Great job by our club legends 👏👏💪

Hourihane looks one hell of a signing 🇮🇪💚

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:46 - Feb 5 with 1247 viewsswan85

I agree I thought he looked alright as well.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Feb 5 with 1219 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Feb 5 by Kilkennyjack

Well down Mr Cooper and our players. Outstanding.

If i recall correctly it was Curt and Leon who picked Mr Cooper.
Great job by our club legends 👏👏💪

Hourihane looks one hell of a signing 🇮🇪💚

Indeed. The whole club seem to be pulling in the right direction now. Long may it continue.
We have created a situation where it is ours to throw away now.
Hopefully we can keep it going and maybe even have a crowd to cheer the lads on at the end.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Feb 5 with 1188 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Feb 5 by Highjack

Morris looked very sharp. There was one little series of one twos with Ayew that would have been absolutely scrumptious if it had pulled off.

Sexy football
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:09 - Feb 5 with 1133 viewsOptimisticJack

Great all round performance tonight.
Team and manager growing every game.
Seems a good team spirit in the camp.

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Feb 5 with 1116 viewssP7qupUf

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:06 - Feb 5 by Kilkennyjack

Yep defo a pen

Only if you are Watford
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:17 - Feb 5 with 1094 viewsmax936

Fitness wise I mean, its not a criticism he looks good on the ball, just think he needs a couple weeks of to see the best of him.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:19 - Feb 5 with 1087 viewsmax936

That's what I mean, wrong choice of words, by me to much Tea

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024