Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread 03:52 - Feb 3 with 13699 viewsNotLoyal

THE GAME THAT SKY TV COULD NOT IGNORE

Friday February 5th
Kick Off 8.15pm
Liberty Stadium

Match Officials

Simon Hooper
Derek Eaton and Daniel Leach will run the line, with Lee Swabey the 4th Official for the game. Simon is no relation to Swansea boss Steve Cooper.

Simon Hooper, the start of the missing C in surnames

THIS GAME “DAN” BE WATCHED LIVE LEGALLY AND ILLEGALLY

Well here it is folks, it’s the top of the table clash that no other table can top unless it’s the same as this one and both sides are called Swansea City and Norwich City. And that’s a fact. Norwich are top of the league and have been mustard this season. Canary great Ernie Colman would be proud. It’s one of those games where once you get the top off the aroma will assault your taste buds like bird food. We are not trying to bull you here Tommy.

Ernie Coleman, took an E and put it in his name

Norwich City 1989, note the E is missing here, Ernie was not available for comment due to the fact he was dead

Norwich is the second county town of Suffolk near Ipswich, which is also in Suffolk but a far cleaner place than its local rival. In fact when Norwich was in Norfolk they hated it so much they moved to Suffolk. I went to Norfolk once. I didn’t stay there. They are also referred to as sheepshaggers' but of course their basic ability is lacking, the initial torment, the gaze into the eye upon capture, free sliding trouser zip, tentative but firm touch and almost leisurely movements means that Norwich have neither the training nor general mastery in sheep procurement and management. It’s a shame, but you can’t fake the truth.

After careful consideration we have decided that the NL Matchday thread is a magnificent read and would like to award him the Matchday thread for Swansea City award 2021. If anyone has a problem with that, contact the website owner who will arrange for you to be booted all round Mayhill. Crack on

The ladies of Naarwich
There was a time when the tattooed ladies of Naarwich would ensnare their prey and pass on illnesses and the ‘odd behaviour’ gene through sexual acts. These woman, and woman they often were although one man is known to be a part of the group from Bury Noel Edmunds were identified by an obscure Elvis tattoo.Only one was ever captured in a photograph, the person who took it later started following Swansea City and eating copious amounts of pickled eggs and strawberries dipped in a mustard chocolate sauce. true story.

The lesser photo ‘Naaarwich nibbler’ often female with a Noel Edmunds twist

Swansea City record against Norwich

Games won: 23
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 24

First game was a 5-2 win in September 1920 at the vetch field. Last game was a 4-1 loss in November 2018. Recent results have most certainly gone the way of Norwich City. The last home league victory was a 1-0 win in the premier league in March 2016, Gylfi scored the goal in front of 21,000 fans.

Swansea City 1 Norwich City 0

Steve Cooper pre match chat v Norwich City

LATEST
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/268437/norwich-city-pre

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Conor Hourihane, Jake Bidwell; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Jordan Morris, Morgan Whittaker, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Kieron Freeman, Ben Cabango.

Norwich City: Tim Krul, Max Aarons, Grant Hanley (captain), Lukas Rupp, Przemyslaw Placheta, Todd Cantwell, Jacob Sorensen, Oliver Skipp, Teemu Pukki, Kenny McLean, Ben Gibson.

Substitutes: Daniel Barden, Christoph Zimmermann, Mario Vrancic, Kieran Dowell, Onel Hernandez, Bali Mumba, Alex Tettey, Dimitris Giannoulis, Adam Idah.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:27 - Feb 5 with 2018 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:17 - Feb 5 by max936

Fitness wise I mean, its not a criticism he looks good on the ball, just think he needs a couple weeks of to see the best of him.

Ah fair enough, I think this is a different world intensity wise from MLS so probably will take him a while.

Does his Diabetes make a difference on this front?
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:44 - Feb 5 with 1952 viewsangryjack

Just been on the Norwich forum they all think they were better team and we were sh@t deluded
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:45 - Feb 5 with 1952 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:27 - Feb 5 by 34dfgdf54

Ah fair enough, I think this is a different world intensity wise from MLS so probably will take him a while.

Does his Diabetes make a difference on this front?

agh, for got about that, yeah massively I suspect.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 00:23 - Feb 6 with 1865 viewstheloneranger

It was Borini and his goals in 2011, and it's Hourihane and his goals in 2021 that's going to be the icing on the cake!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 00:38 - Feb 6 with 1852 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:44 - Feb 5 by angryjack

Just been on the Norwich forum they all think they were better team and we were sh@t deluded

The more realistic ones were saying that their side isn’t the same without Buendia and we took our chances and they didn’t.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 01:08 - Feb 6 with 1828 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Hard to call that anything but the perfect performance. Clinical in front of goal, knocked the ball around well at times, never looked all that troubled at the back.

Critics will say we didn't deserve two goals from that game but I'd disagree- we simply cantered to victory without ever really getting out of 2nd gear, safe in the knowledge we had the quality to make a difference when it mattered.

The main takeaway? We just beat the league leaders, and we know we can still play better...
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 02:35 - Feb 6 with 1789 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 01:08 - Feb 6 by LittleEnglandJack

Hard to call that anything but the perfect performance. Clinical in front of goal, knocked the ball around well at times, never looked all that troubled at the back.

Critics will say we didn't deserve two goals from that game but I'd disagree- we simply cantered to victory without ever really getting out of 2nd gear, safe in the knowledge we had the quality to make a difference when it mattered.

The main takeaway? We just beat the league leaders, and we know we can still play better...

Could have easily been 3-0, Lowe's chance in first half and a clear penalty that the ref failed to give.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 07:44 - Feb 6 with 1694 views1983

Swansea 2 Elvis 0 👍

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 08:21 - Feb 6 with 1656 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 01:08 - Feb 6 by LittleEnglandJack

The critics can also take note of Hourihane’s goal bound rocked unbelievably blocked by Arrons, Jamal Lowe’s chance and the possibly 2 penalty shouts (Roberts went down first before Morris). The Norwich players thought it was a penalty by their reactions !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:00 - Feb 6 with 1632 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 08:21 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

The critics can also take note of Hourihane’s goal bound rocked unbelievably blocked by Arrons, Jamal Lowe’s chance and the possibly 2 penalty shouts (Roberts went down first before Morris). The Norwich players thought it was a penalty by their reactions !

Stonewall penalty on Morris no doubt at all.

I can’t complain though had a scorecast of Ayew 1st and 2-0. £155 back off a 5er
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:39 - Feb 6 with 1597 viewsBadlands

A real team performance with MoM open to several players.
A commanding first half performance.
Hourihane's turning out to be the midfielder we've been lacking for a few seasons.
After the second goal I thought we again went into 'defend the lead' mode but the foul on Morris was 100% penalty.
2 things I can't understand
1) why, when we drop deep and revert to repeated clearances, an extra defender isn't brought on or a speedy forward to keep them guessing and possibly increase the lead. Last night the ball was hoiked up field but Lowe, Ayew nor Morris had the pace to make anything happen.
2) going into additional time why not use substitutes to break down the flow of play and frustrate the opposition.
I get that what Cooper does works, I just think it could work much more easily by using subs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:49 - Feb 6 with 1588 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:39 - Feb 6 by Badlands

Hourihane's turning out to be the midfielder we've been lacking for a few seasons.
After the second goal I thought we again went into 'defend the lead' mode but the foul on Morris was 100% penalty.
1) why, when we drop deep and revert to repeated clearances, an extra defender isn't brought on or a speedy forward to keep them guessing and possibly increase the lead. Last night the ball was hoiked up field but Lowe, Ayew nor Morris had the pace to make anything happen.
2) going into additional time why not use substitutes to break down the flow of play and frustrate the opposition.
I get that what Cooper does works, I just think it could work much more easily by using subs.

I was getting quite frustrated at our deep defence but I think thsts what cooper wanted us to do, to pack the middle therefore leaving little space for their clever midfielders to work and it worked, they only had one clear chance.

This tactic shows that cooper is using the horses for courses routine, he sets us up for whoever we play, good on him and especially the players who executed the plan superbly.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:51 - Feb 6 with 1586 views34dfgdf54

Cooper surprised me with the trust he put in Morris, I thought he would get injury time, but fair play to Cooper he chucked him on and his energy helped us see out game.

There was not much else he could do really other than freshen us up in midfield with maybe Manning? Possibly not the time to chuck Ollie Cooper on with the way he looks to play.

For me we missed trick by not investing (worth the risk imo with the saleable assets we have if we fall short on promotion)in a centre midfielder in January but it’s easier said than done I suppose getting the right player in.

I enjoyed our performance yesterday, confidence in bringing it out from back and looked to get on the front foot apart from a few 10 minute spells here and there, but that can be expected against a side like Norwich.
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:26 - Feb 6 with 1534 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper has ultimately confidence in our collective defence when sat back deep allowing no space and sending their runners down alleyways that can easily be closed. If you cast your mind back to the days we played against similar sides (as we are now defensively) and how frustrating that was to watch, just passing the ball round the box and getting no joy - it really works.

Against Brentford we were the opposite and we’re repeatedly cut open so lessons are being learned constantly. A great thing moving towards the business end of the season.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Feb 6 with 1534 viewskrunchykarrot

Its hard to change from 70mins on especially if its really tight or you dont want to lose. I honestly see your point and wonder why we dont change on the hour if required because you can sort at half time and everyone would know what their role would be.

The only and easiest changes are up front where you correctly point out, I wouldnt have kept Ayew or Lowe on last night, AA has struggled lately but i have said elsewhere that he needs to accept his pace has gone and stop chasing lost causes.

Just for curiosity who would you have taken off last night and when?
Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:38 - Feb 6 with 1507 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 09:51 - Feb 6 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper surprised me with the trust he put in Morris, I thought he would get injury time, but fair play to Cooper he chucked him on and his energy helped us see out game.

There was not much else he could do really other than freshen us up in midfield with maybe Manning? Possibly not the time to chuck Ollie Cooper on with the way he looks to play.

For me we missed trick by not investing (worth the risk imo with the saleable assets we have if we fall short on promotion)in a centre midfielder in January but it’s easier said than done I suppose getting the right player in.

I enjoyed our performance yesterday, confidence in bringing it out from back and looked to get on the front foot apart from a few 10 minute spells here and there, but that can be expected against a side like Norwich.

I like the look of this lad

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:40 - Feb 6 with 1505 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

great win

i posted some tongue in cheek comments but yiu know had we lost or sraped a draw the usual supects and tge rest of the Cooper bashers would be here calling him out as a fraud not knowing what ge is doing not making subs pkaying hoofball.....i bet none of those will be here praising the team and its manager for an entertaining performance against a team relegated feom the PL and who were top of the league.
But next tjme we get a blip they will be all over this board like a rash.....call themselves fans

They do,like you.
Takes all sorts even fans who see themselves better than some others.
Right now,we are flying YET we see this crap.

Be happy ,bitch when you feel like it ,celebrate being proved wrong.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:46 - Feb 6 with 1504 viewsjudgejonevs

Norwich board in meltdown

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Feb 6 with 1470 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 23:44 - Feb 5 by angryjack

I think Norwich looked better in the wnd half after they made the 3 changes but at the same time they did what we allowed them to do, and that was part of our plan.
We had the 2 goal lead so we settled into our routine of dropping deep, closing down the routes to goal and looking to hit on the break. You can afford that at 2 up, specially when you have the best defence.
Norwich had a lot of the ball but could do very little with it. Cantwell ran himself into the ground trying but couldn't find a way. Vrancic put some good crosses in but we held firm. Winning isn't just about scoring though we could have scored more and on another day would have. It's pointless being able to score if you look like conceding even more. As the fella on Sky said, we are very good at defending but we are not a defensive team.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 12:24 - Feb 6 with 1410 viewsAndyCole

Thoroughly recommend having a read of this insightful analysis on Keith's thread.

Outlines how we successfully gain control and ascendancy across the pitch, and most especially our controlled defensive set-ups. Goes some way in seeing why the manager may be reluctant to disrupt a highly organised, dominant defensive set-up when 2-0 up against the league leaders.

Last night we were playing proper heads-up, front foot from the off. Up on our toes mentally and physically throughout the 95 mins. Total concentration is a tough nut to disrupt.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54131/swansea-city--game

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 13:25 - Feb 6 with 1337 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Feb 6 by krunchykarrot

Its hard to change from 70mins on especially if its really tight or you dont want to lose. I honestly see your point and wonder why we dont change on the hour if required because you can sort at half time and everyone would know what their role would be.

The only and easiest changes are up front where you correctly point out, I wouldnt have kept Ayew or Lowe on last night, AA has struggled lately but i have said elsewhere that he needs to accept his pace has gone and stop chasing lost causes.

Just for curiosity who would you have taken off last night and when?

If we were going to park the bus for 20 minutes - Cabango or Manning for Lowe
In the closing minutes just a case of change to soak up minutes and disrupt Norwich. At the time maybe Whittaker for Ayew and possibly Freeman for Naughton.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 14:39 - Feb 6 with 1267 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 13:25 - Feb 6 by Badlands

In the closing minutes just a case of change to soak up minutes and disrupt Norwich. At the time maybe Whittaker for Ayew and possibly Freeman for Naughton.

Ayew needs to come off before Lowe. He is nowhere near as fit and obviously age a factor. AA can do a job then replaced. Morris was ideal sub .

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 20:55 - Feb 6 with 1114 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 13:25 - Feb 6 by Badlands

You’re talking like we were completely under the cosy and creaking, almost certain to concede. I maintain we were completely comfortable and at no time was I afraid we’d concede.

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:37 - Feb 6 with 1086 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 20:55 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

You’re talking like we were completely under the cosy and creaking, almost certain to concede. I maintain we were completely comfortable and at no time was I afraid we’d concede.

I thought we were under complete control as well, we looked a real tight unit fair play.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Feb 7 with 934 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v Norwich Matchday Thread on 21:37 - Feb 6 by Flashberryjack

I thought we were under complete control as well, we looked a real tight unit fair play.

Agreed. Our match management was superb.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024