Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following Saints 20:19 - Feb 8 with 2297 viewsScrappy2020

Look,following Saints is a rollercoaster,we topped the league,we beat the champions,knock the holders out of the fa cup and lose 9 nil.The highs are much higher than the so called top six as we have fewer and when we lose we make a bloody good job of it,can't wait for us to beat Man U in the Cup Final!
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 11:48]
Following Saints on 08:02 - Feb 9 with 2173 viewsSalisburySaint

spot on I've been supporting Saints since 1965, so many ups and downs in that time.

Years of just about avoiding relegation for many years, relegated on three occasion, mixed with several European campaigns, loads of semi finals, runners up in Division One, four promotions, winning the cup, and loads of happy days when we stuff the big boys where Liverpool 4-1 and Man U 6-3 stand out.

wouldn't swap these up and downs for the world, but too many of our fanbase now expects constant wins, owner to splash the cash, instant success and unhappy when we get on a poor run.

stick with it lads, hopefully we can turn things around soon, after all only a month since everyone was ecstatic when we beat Liverpool, but this current run is just part of the ups and downs of being a Saints fan as I've been for 56 years, and I wouldn't swap it for the world
Following Saints on 09:17 - Feb 9 with 2123 viewsButty101

Following Saints on 08:02 - Feb 9 by SalisburySaint

spot on I've been supporting Saints since 1965, so many ups and downs in that time.

Years of just about avoiding relegation for many years, relegated on three occasion, mixed with several European campaigns, loads of semi finals, runners up in Division One, four promotions, winning the cup, and loads of happy days when we stuff the big boys where Liverpool 4-1 and Man U 6-3 stand out.

wouldn't swap these up and downs for the world, but too many of our fanbase now expects constant wins, owner to splash the cash, instant success and unhappy when we get on a poor run.

stick with it lads, hopefully we can turn things around soon, after all only a month since everyone was ecstatic when we beat Liverpool, but this current run is just part of the ups and downs of being a Saints fan as I've been for 56 years, and I wouldn't swap it for the world

What football club isnt a rollacoster ride?

You are talking out of your arse. Show me where anyone on here is expecting constant wins, the owner to put big investment in and instant success?

What the fans dont expect is to lose 5 on the trot, getting dicked 9-0, unable to break down a team with only 9 players. Laughably in Nicks match report he said Newcastle going down to 9 did us no favours... Funnily enough when we went down to 9 we concede 3 in 5mins.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Following Saints on 09:48 - Feb 9 with 2100 viewsSalisburySaint

Following Saints on 09:17 - Feb 9 by Butty101

What football club isnt a rollacoster ride?

You are talking out of your arse. Show me where anyone on here is expecting constant wins, the owner to put big investment in and instant success?

What the fans dont expect is to lose 5 on the trot, getting dicked 9-0, unable to break down a team with only 9 players. Laughably in Nicks match report he said Newcastle going down to 9 did us no favours... Funnily enough when we went down to 9 we concede 3 in 5mins.

No need for insults

I'm not defending them losing 9-0 and how they did it with poor defending

and I was talking in general not suggesting everyone expects constant wins but many on social media seem to expect exactly that

I was just trying to say you have to take the rough with the smooth

over the years there have been many bad times 8-0 at Everton, Leeds taking the p*ss against us when beating us 7-0 that same season, 7-1 at Liverpool, 7-0 Ipswich, 7-1 at Watford in cup, 6-1 to Liverpool at home in league cup.

it's not great, but unfortunately it what is like to be a Saints fans and makes the nights like the recent Liverpool win all the better
Following Saints on 09:49 - Feb 9 with 2092 viewsButty101

Following Saints on 09:48 - Feb 9 by SalisburySaint

No need for insults

and I was talking in general not suggesting everyone expects constant wins but many on social media seem to expect exactly that

over the years there have been many bad times 8-0 at Everton, Leeds taking the p*ss against us when beating us 7-0 that same season, 7-1 at Liverpool, 7-0 Ipswich, 7-1 at Watford in cup, 6-1 to Liverpool at home in league cup.

it's not great, but unfortunately it what is like to be a Saints fans and makes the nights like the recent Liverpool win all the better

Apologies for the insult

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Following Saints on 10:26 - Feb 9 with 2055 viewsSalisburySaint

Following Saints on 09:49 - Feb 9 by Butty101

Apologies for the insult

no problem
Following Saints on 11:15 - Feb 9 with 2033 viewsTimSaint

Following Saints on 09:48 - Feb 9 by SalisburySaint

No need for insults

I would argue that some of the new breed of fans, Saints and other teams alike, actually prefer it when their team plays badly, or lose games.

This then gives them an ideal opportunity to vent their anger and rage on various social media platforms, in an attempt to provide them with the much needed attention they so obviously seek.

TimSaint

Following Saints on 11:20 - Feb 9 with 2029 viewsMytchettSaint

Following Saints on 11:15 - Feb 9 by TimSaint

I would argue that some of the new breed of fans, Saints and other teams alike, actually prefer it when their team plays badly, or lose games.

This then gives them an ideal opportunity to vent their anger and rage on various social media platforms, in an attempt to provide them with the much needed attention they so obviously seek.

You can argue that but it’s absolute nonsense.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Following Saints on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 1975 viewsScrappy2020

Thanks Salisbury saint,about the insult which I think was directed at me,no need for it,I think we are both on the same wavelengh,only expect the unexpected with Saints it helps to cope with defeat better and makes the highs like beating Liverpool so much more incredibly enjoyable,like you I can't imagine supporting another club and have been watching since the old third division south days of Derek Reeves and Terry Paine
Login to get fewer ads

Following Saints on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 1926 viewsDorsetIan

A rollercoaster I can cope with.

Purring along the motorway and then suddenly veering off the road because the car's not been serviced properly is more difficult to accept.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Following Saints on 13:39 - Feb 9 with 1886 viewsScrappy2020

Brilliant way of putting your point dorsetian,however when the tank is full and we are firing on all cylinders i still think we can give anyone a game in the league however we have veered of the road because of injuries which begs the question why do we have so many? Solskjaer in the paper thought it was due to the high press high energy game we play,maybe he is right,so if we continue to play this way the problem will continue only resolved by a bigger in depth squad which we can't afford
Following Saints on 13:53 - Feb 9 with 1880 viewsDorsetIan

Following Saints on 13:39 - Feb 9 by Scrappy2020

Brilliant way of putting your point dorsetian,however when the tank is full and we are firing on all cylinders i still think we can give anyone a game in the league however we have veered of the road because of injuries which begs the question why do we have so many? Solskjaer in the paper thought it was due to the high press high energy game we play,maybe he is right,so if we continue to play this way the problem will continue only resolved by a bigger in depth squad which we can't afford

That's the most frustrating thing for me. We know we can play very well when everyone is fit and has a few games under their belts, but everything is so fragile.

It's not just the injuries (and maybe Solskjaer is right there - Ralph demands a lot from the players) it's also the fact that we now have so few players to step in as replacements.

And it's also relevant to substitutions. Need to have a few people on the bench that you know can deliver and offer something different when you bring them on.

Following Saints on 14:03 - Feb 9 with 1873 viewsBerber

Following Saints on 13:39 - Feb 9 by Scrappy2020

I think the injuries are down to the hard work involved with the press, compounded by the intense schedule of games, then compounded again by the lack of access to the muscle injury equipment during lockdown.
Following Saints on 15:34 - Feb 9 with 1807 viewskingslandstand1

Following Saints on 12:50 - Feb 9 by DorsetIan

A rollercoaster I can cope with.

Purring along the motorway and then suddenly veering off the road because the car's not been serviced properly is more difficult to accept.

Good analogy

Our problem this season, and I just don't know whose fault it is, is that we didn't make any allowances for suspensions, injury's, lack of individual form where because there is no competition for a starting place doesn't really matter. and a complete lack of contingency cash just in case. So maybe blame everyone!

But we'll stick by the team and moan one week and gloat the next. Just love it!!

You'd be surprised at the number of Liverpool fans (non scousers) who now can't be ar5ed with them cos they're not winning everything and actually may (I say may) struggle a bit and not finish in the top 2. No doubt they'll start following Man City again soon or even Chelsea as with their new guy could start moving up the league again

I'd hate to follow a team like that

We don't have glory hunters down here, we only have loyal fans with a few hangers on who won't go elsewhere but are only around when we are doing well
Following Saints on 15:37 - Feb 9 with 1801 viewskingslandstand1

Following Saints on 13:53 - Feb 9 by DorsetIan

That's the most frustrating thing for me. We know we can play very well when everyone is fit and has a few games under their belts, but everything is so fragile.

It's not just the injuries (and maybe Solskjaer is right there - Ralph demands a lot from the players) it's also the fact that we now have so few players to step in as replacements.

And it's also relevant to substitutions. Need to have a few people on the bench that you know can deliver and offer something different when you bring them on.

I think that's what I've just said in a roundabout way without having read yours or Scrappy's post above!
Following Saints on 15:43 - Feb 9 with 1796 viewsPaleRider

Following Saints on 15:37 - Feb 9 by kingslandstand1

I think that's what I've just said in a roundabout way without having read yours or Scrappy's post above!

I'm afraid that the problem with Gao's business model is that we don't have the financing for depth. This is needed when the team play with the intensity that Ralph demands, particularly if we are to make a serious challenge for a cup or even Europe.

I still haven't received an answer from any of the financial gurus on here as to how much Gao has actually out into the club during his ownership (either before or after the Chinese clamp down on funds' transfers out of China).
Following Saints on 16:15 - Feb 9 with 1780 viewskingslandstand1

Following Saints on 15:43 - Feb 9 by PaleRider

I'm afraid that the problem with Gao's business model is that we don't have the financing for depth. This is needed when the team play with the intensity that Ralph demands, particularly if we are to make a serious challenge for a cup or even Europe.

I still haven't received an answer from any of the financial gurus on here as to how much Gao has actually out into the club during his ownership (either before or after the Chinese clamp down on funds' transfers out of China).

Nice Freudian slip there PR

"Gao has actually out into the club during his ownership" although I'm sure you meant PUT in rather than taken OUT of the club
Following Saints on 16:19 - Feb 9 with 1775 viewsdirk_doone

Some people still seem to be under the illusion that Gao actually has any money left to put into the club even if he wanted to. Kat took all that he had and more besides.

And before Nick comes on here and says that we should be grateful to "The Liebherrs". No, we shouldn't. We should be grateful to "Markus Liebherr," not the rest of his family. Kat has made an absolute fortune out of her father's investment in our club. She's the one who should be grateful.

Children are not responsible for either the sins or the good deeds of their fathers and very often they may behave in complete contrast to them.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 16:29]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Following Saints on 16:36 - Feb 9 with 1754 viewskingslandstand1

Following Saints on 14:03 - Feb 9 by Berber

I think the injuries are down to the hard work involved with the press, compounded by the intense schedule of games, then compounded again by the lack of access to the muscle injury equipment during lockdown.

You're starting to sound like Klopp

But you are right, our style of play is very sapping but at the start of the season we were all saying how fit the players must be with that high intensity, but Leeds are managing ok at the moment
Following Saints on 16:46 - Feb 9 with 1737 viewsDorsetIan

Following Saints on 15:43 - Feb 9 by PaleRider

Don't be conned into thinking that Gao has a 'business model'. As Dirk has explained consistently on here, he simply has no money.

There's no more method in the ''sustainable business model' that Nick is so keen on than there is in scraping the bottom of a barrel.

Following Saints on 17:09 - Feb 9 with 1728 viewsScrappy2020

Looking at the bigger picture i believe we at heading in the right direction,maybe we have just got to stick it out,Players such as Valery and Vokins being loaned out were the right decisions ,yes we are very fragile when our first eleven get injured,but our first eleven play very entertaining football and many have improved no end under Ralph,Players brought in like Kyle and Theo have been a success yes I know about Salisu but let's wait and see!.Unfortunately the academy players are looking a bit out of depth at the moment and are not filling the gaps (I missed Diallo from succeses).Another two of three signings in the Summer will help,So players have improved massively under Ralph,and it looks like we are not buying the rubbish we have bought in previous years.so bear with!!
Following Saints on 17:29 - Feb 9 with 1717 viewsDorsetIan

Following Saints on 17:09 - Feb 9 by Scrappy2020

Looking at the bigger picture i believe we at heading in the right direction,maybe we have just got to stick it out,Players such as Valery and Vokins being loaned out were the right decisions ,yes we are very fragile when our first eleven get injured,but our first eleven play very entertaining football and many have improved no end under Ralph,Players brought in like Kyle and Theo have been a success yes I know about Salisu but let's wait and see!.Unfortunately the academy players are looking a bit out of depth at the moment and are not filling the gaps (I missed Diallo from succeses).Another two of three signings in the Summer will help,So players have improved massively under Ralph,and it looks like we are not buying the rubbish we have bought in previous years.so bear with!!

I would agree with that. There are lots of things to be positive about. And maybe if the academy players had shown a bit more, we wouldn't have had such a dramatic fall in recent weeks. None of them have had much game time, so there's still a chance a couple of them might make the grade.

If Gao goes, then who knows two or three signings in the summer might be possible!

Following Saints on 17:42 - Feb 9 with 1699 viewsSaintsforeverj

Following Saints on 17:29 - Feb 9 by DorsetIan

I would agree with that. There are lots of things to be positive about. And maybe if the academy players had shown a bit more, we wouldn't have had such a dramatic fall in recent weeks. None of them have had much game time, so there's still a chance a couple of them might make the grade.

If Gao goes, then who knows two or three signings in the summer might be possible!

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19075878.dagrosa-reportedly-asks-owner-gao-lowe

I don't like the sound of this Dagrosa bloke to be honest. He sounds like his motives are business only and making money. No interest here in his comments about creating a successful team.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Following Saints on 19:24 - Feb 9 with 1621 viewsBerber

Following Saints on 16:36 - Feb 9 by kingslandstand1

You're starting to sound like Klopp

But you are right, our style of play is very sapping but at the start of the season we were all saying how fit the players must be with that high intensity, but Leeds are managing ok at the moment

I was at uni with a German lad who had lived in Liverpool for a few years, worst of both worlds so far as accent is concerned. Rightly, I should be offended by the comparison to Klopp, but as a baldy 5'7'' pensioner, I'll stick with the image of being a skinny giant, thanks.
Following Saints on 19:24 - Feb 9 with 1620 viewsScrappy2020

It is surprising is it not that as far as I can tell there are few calls for Ralph's head,I think most proper fans believe Ralph really cares about Saints and sympathize with him when the result does not go our way,I have posted about how I think we have many positives and I really think he could be our best manager since Lawrie given time and our ability to keep him,when we were winning all the time there was speculation about him going to Man U and Chelsea.Maybe we should lose 9-0 every now and again to keep the vultures away😇.Be patient have faith in Ralph,if we can finish in the top ten and maybe a good cup run,that's a big improvement.
Following Saints on 19:52 - Feb 9 with 1597 views1ASIN12

Saints are no different to any other club - all Cubs have their ups and downs, all clubs have the fans that think their club is bigger , better then they are etc , all clubs have fans that slag them off when they lose etc.

Personally if we play well I will say so , if we play shit I will say so . It doesn’t make me a happy clapper nor a bed wetter . We weren’t going to win the league when we beat Liverpool nor are we going to go down because we couldn’t beat 9 men Newcastle.

What I find hard to except is we are now seen by other clubs fans, the media and even some of our own fans smaller then Leicester and they can now sign our better players etc ( if mead is reports are true) 6 years ago we were seen as the same size or even a bigger club then them. Loosing 9 -0 twice two seasons running is not helping.

Leicester have moved on as a club we haven’t and I believe we really need to win a cup for that to change.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 19:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024