Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Putting a positive spin on things. 14:12 - Feb 23 with 660 viewsDorsetIan

The Club has just tweeted that we are 'top of the league' in terms of the percentage of our goals scored in the first half.

I'm not sure but I think that might be something to do with the lack of goals we are scoring the second half!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Putting a positive spin on things. on 14:17 - Feb 23 with 654 viewsRipleys_revenge

Hahahaha oh dear that is the last stat I would be looking to trumpet!
Putting a positive spin on things. on 14:27 - Feb 23 with 634 viewsSaintNick

Or it might have something to do with the fact that the club are trying to do something positive to counteract the constant negativity that is out there at the moment

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Putting a positive spin on things. on 14:29 - Feb 23 with 630 viewssaint22

Quickly followed by the commentators favourite stat that we have thrown away more leads than Barbara Woodhouse
Putting a positive spin on things. on 14:46 - Feb 23 with 595 viewsWints76

Joint highest average attendance as well

Possibly highest as % of capacity
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 14:48]
Putting a positive spin on things. on 15:00 - Feb 23 with 565 viewsDorsetIan

Putting a positive spin on things. on 14:27 - Feb 23 by SaintNick

Or it might have something to do with the fact that the club are trying to do something positive to counteract the constant negativity that is out there at the moment

I'm all for that, but that is that the best they've got!?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Putting a positive spin on things. on 16:28 - Feb 23 with 512 viewsKennington

You don’t win a game necessarily because you ‘win’ the first half. I’ve written it so many times on here that we don’t have the players to press for 90 minutes. That tactic has meant we dramatically fade during second halves after leading in the first half. Particularly as our bench is so thin on quality to freshen up tiring legs. It’s a bit like a marathon runner, trying to run the first half of a marathon at their half marathon pace, sure they can, but by the end they’ll pay a hell of a price and will be overtaken.

Finally though Ralph has realised that and we didn’t attempt the full press tactic against Chelsea. And we actually got something from that game.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 16:30]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Putting a positive spin on things. on 16:39 - Feb 23 with 491 viewssaints__fan__73

Winning a game of football might be a start?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024