Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? 19:41 - Feb 28 with 14813 viewschuckleberry

Statement released
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:43 - Feb 28 with 7387 viewsjudd

Yeah, just read that.

Awaiting an email, apparently

Poll: What is it to be then?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:45 - Feb 28 with 7355 viewsfitzochris

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/altmandaniel_statement-on-rochdale-afc-activity-6

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:45 - Feb 28 with 7354 viewschuckleberry

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:43 - Feb 28 by judd

Yeah, just read that.

Awaiting an email, apparently

What on earth is going on?
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:48 - Feb 28 with 7304 viewsnordenblue

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:45 - Feb 28 by chuckleberry

What on earth is going on?

Something's not quite gone to plan....
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:50 - Feb 28 with 7306 views442Dale

This was three days ago:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/andrewkelly_danaltmanemremarcel

“... delighted to join the Board of this historic Football Club.”

Apart from a defeat in one game, something which was obviously possibly going to happen, what’s changed? There was nothing but surprise amongst fans when they joined the board last week, not something they had to do, so presumably it took place as part of a well thought out plan? How can that have now changed?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:56 - Feb 28 with 7239 viewsJames1980

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:50 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

This was three days ago:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/february/andrewkelly_danaltmanemremarcel

“... delighted to join the Board of this historic Football Club.”

Apart from a defeat in one game, something which was obviously possibly going to happen, what’s changed? There was nothing but surprise amongst fans when they joined the board last week, not something they had to do, so presumably it took place as part of a well thought out plan? How can that have now changed?

Is BBM getting sacked in the morning then? Sad if that is the case but unsurprising and perhaps appropriate

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:59 - Feb 28 with 7183 viewsblackdogblue

Looks a shady response to me... EFL know something we don’t?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:00 - Feb 28 with 7184 viewsmacro

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:56 - Feb 28 by James1980

Is BBM getting sacked in the morning then? Sad if that is the case but unsurprising and perhaps appropriate

Or is it they want him gone and the other directors don't...
Login to get fewer ads

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:04 - Feb 28 with 7151 views442Dale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 19:56 - Feb 28 by James1980

Cannot for one minute believe that the manager situation should have any bearing on this.

The board as one made it clear about their plan, philosophy and who was involved in it with relevant responsibilities. If that’s been affected by one result, something that could always have happened, then what was the point in a statement which set out that plan, philosophy and who was involved?

It didn’t say ‘Note: if we lose to Burton Albion then this might not be the case. If we draw it might’

There was nothing that made the club/board members/potential board members make those decisions and statements last week, but they did. So now that’s changed we deserve to know why, you can’t open a line of communication on a subject then close it again, because what has been said before was clearly set out and it needs explaining what the situation is now.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:06 - Feb 28 with 7115 views442Dale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:00 - Feb 28 by macro

Or is it they want him gone and the other directors don't...

See other posts: they didn’t need to join the board if they had doubts over the manager. If it took one result, it makes no sense at all.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:08 - Feb 28 with 7086 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:04 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

Cannot for one minute believe that the manager situation should have any bearing on this.

The board as one made it clear about their plan, philosophy and who was involved in it with relevant responsibilities. If that’s been affected by one result, something that could always have happened, then what was the point in a statement which set out that plan, philosophy and who was involved?

It didn’t say ‘Note: if we lose to Burton Albion then this might not be the case. If we draw it might’

There was nothing that made the club/board members/potential board members make those decisions and statements last week, but they did. So now that’s changed we deserve to know why, you can’t open a line of communication on a subject then close it again, because what has been said before was clearly set out and it needs explaining what the situation is now.

Has the Trust been kept up to speed on the original and this decision?

I would have thought the MOU would have facilitated such communication

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:14 - Feb 28 with 7012 viewsSuddenLad

They intend to join the Board in the future.

So what, specifically, stops them from doing so at this time, if they have the same plans in time to come? Something needs explaining to the supporters.

I do not think for a minute that the result yesterday or the current management has anything to do with it.

There is something rattling in the cupboard.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:16 - Feb 28 with 6996 views442Dale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:08 - Feb 28 by judd

Has the Trust been kept up to speed on the original and this decision?

I would have thought the MOU would have facilitated such communication

They were due to have a meeting with the club on Friday. Awaiting the report.

Would expect a further meeting and full minutes to be made available via their website this week. Understandably it’s hard for them juggling with their usual day to day work etc, but the MOU allows them a clear alternative route where they could use email communication with set questions to the club which they could then publish.

Of course, the onus is initially on the club to release a statement as soon as possible themselves with an open invitation to the Trust/supporters for any other questions. In fact, the interim chairman has already said he is open to this.

It’s good to know we will be getting full transparency.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:17 - Feb 28 with 6987 views49thseason

Maybe they asked to see the accounts that are due anytime in the next couple of months?
More likely there is some sort of fit and proper person test for overseas Directors and Owners that they need to pass first. not that there is anything shady just being punctilious from the get-go.
Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:24 - Feb 28 with 6926 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:17 - Feb 28 by 49thseason

Maybe they asked to see the accounts that are due anytime in the next couple of months?
More likely there is some sort of fit and proper person test for overseas Directors and Owners that they need to pass first. not that there is anything shady just being punctilious from the get-go.

Can't see the latest set of accounts causing any concern. The CE has already told Forbes magazine last September that there is an expected profit of £1.5 million.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:26 - Feb 28 with 6901 viewsD_Alien

Oh it makes me laugh!

George D'Elves' intro to the club included (and i paraphrase): i'll be joining a stable and well-run club

So George, would you also like to amend your recent communication?

Stable we are not. Well run we are not (or at least, haven't been)

I've posted on different threads, and in different contexts, about Altman/Marcelli taking a "cold, hard look" at various things both on and off the pitch

Strikes me that's exactly what they've done, and in their calculating way (data analytical, businesslike way) decided to hang fire

I don't blame them. Now, there may be a perfectly innocent explanation for all this, but i doubt it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:30 - Feb 28 with 6854 viewsjudd

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:26 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Oh it makes me laugh!

George D'Elves' intro to the club included (and i paraphrase): i'll be joining a stable and well-run club

So George, would you also like to amend your recent communication?

Stable we are not. Well run we are not (or at least, haven't been)

I've posted on different threads, and in different contexts, about Altman/Marcelli taking a "cold, hard look" at various things both on and off the pitch

Strikes me that's exactly what they've done, and in their calculating way (data analytical, businesslike way) decided to hang fire

I don't blame them. Now, there may be a perfectly innocent explanation for all this, but i doubt it

Looks like he's caught in a trap.

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:32 - Feb 28 with 6831 viewsSuddenLad

But their statement does imply that they intend to join the Board in the future.

So what needs to change for that to happen?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:32 - Feb 28 with 6831 viewsD_Alien

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:30 - Feb 28 by judd

He'll need a suspicious mind

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:32 - Feb 28 with 6826 viewsIOMDale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:30 - Feb 28 by judd

This latest development is certainly creating a lot of suspicious minds.

UTDNFS

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:33 - Feb 28 with 6817 viewsIOMDale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:32 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

Haha! Beat me to it DA.

UTDNFS

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:34 - Feb 28 with 6797 viewsD_Alien

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:33 - Feb 28 by IOMDale

Haha! Beat me to it DA.

Suspicious minds think alike...

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:35 - Feb 28 with 6794 viewsTomRAFC

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:32 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

They can walk out... And did.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:47 - Feb 28 with 6682 viewsTomRAFC

Somehing has changed. The fact they have opted not to be transparent about what that is and won't be commenting further is very curious.

Have previous tensions between Kelly and Altman/Marcelli flared again? Is there a level of scrutiny from the EFL that they don't want to undergo? Or has a last minute change of heart come for another reason? With a lot of tension between fans/the manager/CEO, they may have decided that now is not the time to be even more publicly associated with the club.

None of that would explain the last minute nature of their decision though.

Very bloody curious.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:48 - Feb 28 with 6680 viewsIOMDale

Altman and Marcelli not joining board? on 20:35 - Feb 28 by TomRAFC

They can walk out... And did.

But seemingly not now or never...

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024