Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread 13:49 - Mar 6 with 3619 viewsSaintNick

Off we go again, team news in 10 minutes

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Mar 6 with 973 viewscocklebreath

You know it should have been a red when our normally placid players go mental

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 6 with 921 viewsTripleNiemi

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Mar 6 by cocklebreath

You know it should have been a red when our normally placid players go mental

Absolutely.

This game for me was all about getting that crucial win today so for once in a long time gonna enjoy me Saturday. Vital not losing this one.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Mar 6 with 914 views1885_SFC

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Mar 6 by TripleNiemi

Absolutely.

This game for me was all about getting that crucial win today so for once in a long time gonna enjoy me Saturday. Vital not losing this one.

Nice to be able to watch Match of the Day for once... which I never do when we lose.

Old School is Cool

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Mar 6 with 903 viewsUlsterBaz

Comfortable victory, should really have won by a larger margin. Tella played really well.
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Mar 6 with 869 views10i

Important one. A line up with a real RB and without Djenepo and Redmond was all that was needed.
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Mar 6 with 776 viewsHeisenberg

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Mar 6 by 1885_SFC

Nice to be able to watch Match of the Day for once... which I never do when we lose.

I know a Pompey fan who says exactly the same. Last time he watched it Jimmy Hill was on it

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Mar 6 with 732 viewsDorsetIan

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Mar 6 by 10i

Important one. A line up with a real RB and without Djenepo and Redmond was all that was needed.

Yes, defence looked solid once again and Tella offered so much more that either Djenepo or Redmond has recently.

Redmond wasn’t on for long but bottled two chances to go past defenders. On both occasions he’d done the hard work of getting the ball forward and into the area but then hesitated turned and 5 seconds later the ball is back with Forster.

It’s like a mental block. How difficult is it to coach him to recognise that he does this and to just be braver? So many possibilities if he presses on - goal, pen, corner, throw. So frustrating to wach him.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Mar 6 with 727 viewsBicester_North

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Mar 6 by 10i

Well put, as soon as I saw the line up I felt a lot more confident.

Ings going off was depressing at the time but could actually do us a favour for a while

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:24 - Mar 6 with 723 viewssaint22

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:23 - Mar 6 by DorsetIan

Yes, defence looked solid once again and Tella offered so much more that either Djenepo or Redmond has recently.

Redmond wasn’t on for long but bottled two chances to go past defenders. On both occasions he’d done the hard work of getting the ball forward and into the area but then hesitated turned and 5 seconds later the ball is back with Forster.

It’s like a mental block. How difficult is it to coach him to recognise that he does this and to just be braver? So many possibilities if he presses on - goal, pen, corner, throw. So frustrating to wach him.

Spot on
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:44 - Mar 6 with 699 viewscynicalsaint

Not seeing the criticism for Redmond at all.

It's top drawer game management. We were 2 up and have thrown leads too often this season. Imagine if he'd gone on to shoot / Sheffield turned it over and scored. Retaining possession much more important than personal glory.

He's operating at a different level to what we are used to so lets enjoy him while he's here.
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 19:13 - Mar 6 with 637 viewsIngskneeslide

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Mar 6 by saint22

Yes!!!!!!
Needed that
One win from safety now

Do you feel a bit silly now for thinking that we wouldn’t get at least 6 points with over a quarter of the season left to play?
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 20:05 - Mar 6 with 580 viewssaint22

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 19:13 - Mar 6 by Ingskneeslide

Do you feel a bit silly now for thinking that we wouldn’t get at least 6 points with over a quarter of the season left to play?

Come back to me when we have them
Back to your cider and daily mail stalker
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 21:24 - Mar 6 with 482 viewsDorsetIan

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:44 - Mar 6 by cynicalsaint

It's top drawer game management. We were 2 up and have thrown leads too often this season. Imagine if he'd gone on to shoot / Sheffield turned it over and scored. Retaining possession much more important than personal glory.

He's operating at a different level to what we are used to so lets enjoy him while he's here.

This suggests that it‘s shrewd tactics from Redmond. It’s not. It’s a lack of confidence.

He does it even if we‘re not 2-0 up, and why bother running into the box in the first place (dragging teammates with you) if you just want to keep possession.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 22:31 - Mar 6 with 436 viewshedgeend61

Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 18:44 - Mar 6 by cynicalsaint

'He's operating at a different level to what we are used to so lets enjoy him while he's here'.

Que?
Sheffield United Game Matchday Thread on 10:21 - Mar 7 with 277 viewsBerber

Yes, Tella had a good game and deserves another start. His pace and willingness made a telling (see what I did there?) difference. Much more of a threat than Djennepo and Redmond, who spurned yet more good chances yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024