Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth Game 11:47 - Mar 16 with 2461 viewsSaintNick

This should be an exciting week but no one seems excited

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth Game on 09:46 - Mar 18 with 693 viewskernow

Bournemouth Game on 23:13 - Mar 17 by dirk_doone

Just watched the highlights of the Bournemouth v Swansea game. They score from left wing crosses and corners, which is exactly how we concede goals because we don't man mark the main aerial goal threats with our tallest defenders and we don't put a man on the line at the near post and every opposition manager knows that.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 7:37]

If you can make these observations why do these situations keep being repeated? Does the management observe the same things?

I think Saints will win by the odd goal. i would swap that for six more PL points though.
What then? might be the next pertinent question.
Bournemouth Game on 10:50 - Mar 18 with 653 viewsSonicBoom

Interesting point. I'd swap beating Bournemouth for 6 more points but not in place of winning the cup.
I'd rather win the cup even if we got relegated as you'll always remember that.
Finishing 15th is pretty pointless really.
Bournemouth Game on 12:32 - Mar 18 with 604 viewskernow

Bournemouth Game on 10:50 - Mar 18 by SonicBoom

Interesting point. I'd swap beating Bournemouth for 6 more points but not in place of winning the cup.
I'd rather win the cup even if we got relegated as you'll always remember that.
Finishing 15th is pretty pointless really.

Looks like Wigan may have secured new ownership.
It may arrest their slide back into non league oblivion.
Smaller club maybe, but debts are debts and creditors want their money with no concern for the fond memories of fans.
Bournemouth Game on 13:02 - Mar 18 with 575 viewsfranniesTache

Bournemouth Game on 09:46 - Mar 18 by kernow

If you can make these observations why do these situations keep being repeated? Does the management observe the same things?

I think Saints will win by the odd goal. i would swap that for six more PL points though.
What then? might be the next pertinent question.

I'd take the cup over the league every time, if we finish 17th but win the cup it's still been a successful season for me
Bournemouth Game on 13:15 - Mar 18 with 563 viewskernow

Bournemouth Game on 13:02 - Mar 18 by franniesTache

I'd take the cup over the league every time, if we finish 17th but win the cup it's still been a successful season for me

I agree but if we won the cup and were also relegated that would be a disaster as we don't have the players fit for a Championship campaign and a quick return is doubtful. Ok, Norwich look odds on but they are used to yo yo ing.

Financial disaster which could lead to another administration. We all know how that feels and there is no guarantee that it won' t be worse second time around.

We need to ensure our PL status as an absolute priority.
Bournemouth Game on 13:45 - Mar 18 with 545 viewsfranniesTache

Bournemouth Game on 13:15 - Mar 18 by kernow

I agree but if we won the cup and were also relegated that would be a disaster as we don't have the players fit for a Championship campaign and a quick return is doubtful. Ok, Norwich look odds on but they are used to yo yo ing.

Financial disaster which could lead to another administration. We all know how that feels and there is no guarantee that it won' t be worse second time around.

I think i've moved beyond the point of caring about being in the Premier League these days, i'm not even really sure i wouldn't be a bit pleased if we got relegated even without a cup win.

The premier league is f*cking rotten to the core and i honestly hate it with a passion.
Bournemouth Game on 13:46 - Mar 18 with 545 viewsKennington

Bournemouth Game on 13:15 - Mar 18 by kernow

Disagree I reckon we’ve got a really good championship team. Obviously remove Ings, JWP and Armstrong but the rest should get at us to at least playoffs. I can see Adams getting 20 odd goals for a start. Might need to add a couple of 30 something journeymen but the basis of a championship team has been worryingly present for about 4 or 5 years.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Bournemouth Game on 14:11 - Mar 18 with 525 viewskernow

Bournemouth Game on 13:45 - Mar 18 by franniesTache

I think i've moved beyond the point of caring about being in the Premier League these days, i'm not even really sure i wouldn't be a bit pleased if we got relegated even without a cup win.

The premier league is f*cking rotten to the core and i honestly hate it with a passion.

I get that but still would like to be in it.
(Too many stills)
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 14:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth Game on 14:15 - Mar 18 with 519 viewskernow

Bournemouth Game on 13:46 - Mar 18 by Kennington

Disagree I reckon we’ve got a really good championship team. Obviously remove Ings, JWP and Armstrong but the rest should get at us to at least playoffs. I can see Adams getting 20 odd goals for a start. Might need to add a couple of 30 something journeymen but the basis of a championship team has been worryingly present for about 4 or 5 years.

Don't think this current team could get out of the Championship .
I just look at what Brentford did to us.
Bournemouth Game on 08:39 - Mar 19 with 391 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

One good thing about this weekend aside from it being the later stages of the FA Cup ...

Saints' match with Spurs was supposed to be this weekend and is now postponed. After their abysmal showing last night and Mourinho's anger, you just know they would've battered Saints 9-0 with Son scoring all 9.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bournemouth Game on 08:47 - Mar 19 with 383 viewsMytchettSaint

Bournemouth Game on 08:39 - Mar 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

One good thing about this weekend aside from it being the later stages of the FA Cup ...

Saints' match with Spurs was supposed to be this weekend and is now postponed. After their abysmal showing last night and Mourinho's anger, you just know they would've battered Saints 9-0 with Son scoring all 9.

And that’s the thing, spurs players will give a reaction I’d bet. We got humped 9-0 and our gutless tribe went to Newcastle and put in the performance they did.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Bournemouth Game on 08:51 - Mar 19 with 380 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Bournemouth Game on 08:47 - Mar 19 by MytchettSaint

And that’s the thing, spurs players will give a reaction I’d bet. We got humped 9-0 and our gutless tribe went to Newcastle and put in the performance they did.

Sadly true ... as a side note I do wonder if there had been no injuries, whether the early season form and confidence would've continued ... ?

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024