Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints' 16th Semi-Final 14:10 - Mar 20 with 1664 viewsdirk_doone

Great performance and we're through to our 16th major semi-final (13 FA Cup & 3 League Cup). Can Forster take us all the way without conceding a goal?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:37]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 14:25 - Mar 20 with 1619 viewsSaintsforeverj

Great to get there, but what a shame we can't celebrate as normal as a fan base. We can't go to Wembley and that's such a shame. The trains would have been packed with red and white. Let's hope Everton beat Man City. Avoid Man City and although very difficult teams left, we have a chance.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 14:39 - Mar 20 with 1586 views1885_SFC

Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 14:25 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Great to get there, but what a shame we can't celebrate as normal as a fan base. We can't go to Wembley and that's such a shame. The trains would have been packed with red and white. Let's hope Everton beat Man City. Avoid Man City and although very difficult teams left, we have a chance.

IF (big if) we do get to the final - a limited number of fans are being allowed into Wembley for the final as a trial to see how things go regarding fans being permitted back into stadiums. Never say never!

Old School is Cool

Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 15:44 - Mar 20 with 1509 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 16:01 - Mar 20 with 1483 viewsWints76

Surely 3 League Cup semis? And should have been there in 89 and 90 as well, possibly even 91. Still angry about them.
Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 17:13 - Mar 20 with 1413 viewskingslandstand1

Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 14:39 - Mar 20 by 1885_SFC

IF (big if) we do get to the final - a limited number of fans are being allowed into Wembley for the final as a trial to see how things go regarding fans being permitted back into stadiums. Never say never!

Aren't the semis potentially being used as trial runs for tge final? Whatever that means
Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 17:39 - Mar 20 with 1362 viewsdirk_doone

Saints' 15th Semi-Final on 16:01 - Mar 20 by Wints76

Surely 3 League Cup semis? And should have been there in 89 and 90 as well, possibly even 91. Still angry about them.

Thank you, Wints. You are right. I missed one. It's our 16th semi-final. I've corrected it now.

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 19:17 - Mar 20 with 1249 viewsA1079

I suppose it is fair to say that the remaining clubs in the competition will all be hoping they draw us in the semi's. Still, being the underdog (unless Sheff Utd spring a surprise) can have it's advantages.

It is a pity we cannot see it live at Wembley, though I am a traditionalist and still think Wembley should just be for the final but either way, it would have been wonderful for Saints fans to have filled their allocation and made a wall of noise. I have fond memories of the Carabao cup despite the result, but our fans were tremendous on that day.
Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 20:27 - Mar 20 with 1180 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 19:17 - Mar 20 by A1079

I suppose it is fair to say that the remaining clubs in the competition will all be hoping they draw us in the semi's. Still, being the underdog (unless Sheff Utd spring a surprise) can have it's advantages.

It is a pity we cannot see it live at Wembley, though I am a traditionalist and still think Wembley should just be for the final but either way, it would have been wonderful for Saints fans to have filled their allocation and made a wall of noise. I have fond memories of the Carabao cup despite the result, but our fans were tremendous on that day.

Assuming they beat Sheff Utd hopefully Chelsea get drawn against Man City and we play Leicester. Chelsea could knock them out and we play Chelsea in the final. The other route is we play man u and then Man City or Chelsea. But either way, Man City will win it unless a miracle happens. They are a class above anybody this year and in a cup final, they surely won't be anything but their best.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 20:38]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 21:07 - Mar 20 with 1146 viewsdirk_doone

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 20:27 - Mar 20 by Saintsforeverj

Assuming they beat Sheff Utd hopefully Chelsea get drawn against Man City and we play Leicester. Chelsea could knock them out and we play Chelsea in the final. The other route is we play man u and then Man City or Chelsea. But either way, Man City will win it unless a miracle happens. They are a class above anybody this year and in a cup final, they surely won't be anything but their best.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 20:38]

In the FA Cup there is always an element of luck. Man City look unbeatable but they could get an early red card, for example. Wigan always found a way to beat them in the FA Cup.

Today's win is cause for optimism.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:12]

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 22:30 - Mar 20 with 1087 viewskingslandstand1

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 21:07 - Mar 20 by dirk_doone

In the FA Cup there is always an element of luck. Man City look unbeatable but they could get an early red card, for example. Wigan always found a way to beat them in the FA Cup.

Today's win is cause for optimism.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:12]

From our point of view it certainly is. City could even afford to leave de Bruyne on the bench until the 80th minute when they thought they'd better go and win the game to ensure they didn't have ET!!

But we all live in hope, and hope for that bit of luck that ll cup winners need at some time
Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 23:42 - Mar 20 with 1054 viewsSalisburySaint

Shame no fans as would have been my ninth semi final done all of them since 76, including 2 away legs at Liverpool and one at Leeds in League cup plus ZDS home and away v Chelsea and JPT home and away v Mk Dons

Fingers crossed that we get to final and some fans allowed to attend
Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 04:51 - Mar 21 with 993 views1teeminants

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 23:42 - Mar 20 by SalisburySaint

Shame no fans as would have been my ninth semi final done all of them since 76, including 2 away legs at Liverpool and one at Leeds in League cup plus ZDS home and away v Chelsea and JPT home and away v Mk Dons

Fingers crossed that we get to final and some fans allowed to attend

I make it ten mate. Have you included Everton at Highbury and Liverpool at White Hart Lane ? This would be my tenth if I was allowed in .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 09:27 - Mar 21 with 913 viewsSalisburySaint

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 04:51 - Mar 21 by 1teeminants

I make it ten mate. Have you included Everton at Highbury and Liverpool at White Hart Lane ? This would be my tenth if I was allowed in .

I still make it nine, not sure where you get 10 from

9 includes

Fa Cup 76. 84, 86, 03, 18 = 5 + 2021 = 6

League Cup 79, 87 17 = 3 (although both legs of both)

As said before also had semi finals in ZDS 1992 and JPT 2010

So i’ve Attended 11 semi final games in league cup or Fa Cup in 8 Semi Finals ties, plus 4 other Semi Final games in ZDS and JPT

only semi final I’ve missed in my lifetime was 1963 when I was 4, but my Dad went to that and also Forest Replay at White Hart Lane in 6th round

Nb how could I ever forget 84 at Highbury, cup was ours to win that year, and I was one of many on the pitch at the end of the game
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 9:32]
Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 12:12 - Mar 21 with 857 viewsdirk_doone

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 22:30 - Mar 20 by kingslandstand1

From our point of view it certainly is. City could even afford to leave de Bruyne on the bench until the 80th minute when they thought they'd better go and win the game to ensure they didn't have ET!!

But we all live in hope, and hope for that bit of luck that ll cup winners need at some time

For the number of semi-finals we've been in, we must have the poorest trophy return of any club in the country. Man City have been in 14 FA Cup Semi-Finals and have won the cup 6 times. West Ham have only been in 7 but have still won the cup 3 times. Even Pompey have 2 cups from their 7 semi-finals.

Surely, we're due another one?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 12:13]

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 12:59 - Mar 21 with 826 views1teeminants

Saints' 16th Semi-Final on 09:27 - Mar 21 by SalisburySaint

I still make it nine, not sure where you get 10 from

9 includes

Fa Cup 76. 84, 86, 03, 18 = 5 + 2021 = 6

League Cup 79, 87 17 = 3 (although both legs of both)

As said before also had semi finals in ZDS 1992 and JPT 2010

So i’ve Attended 11 semi final games in league cup or Fa Cup in 8 Semi Finals ties, plus 4 other Semi Final games in ZDS and JPT

only semi final I’ve missed in my lifetime was 1963 when I was 4, but my Dad went to that and also Forest Replay at White Hart Lane in 6th round

Nb how could I ever forget 84 at Highbury, cup was ours to win that year, and I was one of many on the pitch at the end of the game
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 9:32]

Palace FA cup 76, Leeds League cup 79, Chelsea ZDS, Everton FA cup 84, Liverpool FA cup WHL, Watford FA cup Villa park, MK Dons JPT, Liverpool carabo cup , Chelsea FA cup 2018.

So nine semi finals so far I have attended as event only not going on amount of legs in the event just semi final events in a year.

Highbury is still for me the most upsetting .Bastard Heath.

I meant it will be my tenth if allowed in there’s the confusion.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 13:00]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024