Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you changed your opinion at all? 23:27 - Mar 21 with 3526 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I was genuinally empressed with the EU's attitudes - with regard to looking after and protecting of the smaller countries of their EU. - in particular the IRISH situation ! when negotiating leave?BUT ,  When it did not suit them THE EU COMMISSIONERS  - They showed exactly what their all about - by treating to tear up the agreement -by placing of a border BUT, very quickly had to backtrack! 
SO - You don't think the EU's a dictatorship? Think again? 
Other countries TRIED to look after their own citizens - AND QUICKLY GOT JUMPED ON by the commissions higher leaders - AS THEY KNOW BEST!!!!  THEY ARE IN CHARGE!
What an appsutly shanmbolic shambles - they have made of that  ---  ASK yourself !
Do you really feel that we would have been allowed - to achieve in vaccination over half of our adults? in a fews weeks -- if we were still part of the EU s Circus?
Now this dictatorial Organisation is TREATING to stop all vacations being exsported from ALL THE EU's member states - WHAT DOES THAT TELL US? I agree, that leaving has not been exactly smooth YET - The brurocrates in the EU , are not working with us to find better/easier solutions..... But I am confident that we WILL BE far better off eventually - without paying BILLIONS into a none elected - job for the boys - overpaid - spend as much as we like - the citizens of the EU will love to pay for our lavish lifestyles - ATTITUDE! 

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 00:36 - Mar 22 with 2747 viewsDorsetIan

Hey ASIS, give us a shout when you think we are better off.

For now, I’m pleased the vaccination program is going well here and trying my best to ignore the rest.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 07:43 - Mar 22 with 2662 viewsgrumpy

The EU is better with us and we are better within the EU.
Has ASIS got an angry caps lock?
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:21 - Mar 22 with 2642 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 00:36 - Mar 22 by DorsetIan

Hey ASIS, give us a shout when you think we are better off.

For now, I’m pleased the vaccination program is going well here and trying my best to ignore the rest.

Good to hear from you. Please don't bury your head in the sand - do you really think that we could have achieved so much - in this short time?
Ian the whole point is THAT WE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO carried this out - FULL STOP .... IF we were still part of the EU!
The 20+ EU commissioners HAVE TOTAL CONTROL - fireproofed and cannot be replaced until 2024 - THEN they are NOT voted in by the citizens of the EU - But by their mates in their various countries - BUT THEY EXPECT THAT THE CITIZANS TO PAY FOR ALL THEIR INCOMPADANCE - How bloody stupid is that?
They say it is not polical ! and yet they only attack the UK - Not touching the very successful vaccination roll out in the USA,
The EU says that The EU NEEDS more vaccinations for THEIR CITIZENS --- So what is happening to the 14 million in eu fridges - just wasting away and going "OUT OF DATE" and not being put "in peoples arms ? " Just like everything to do with the EU - None sensible - and a total waste of money and time!!!
CAN ANYONE give me an answer to -- WHY do the whole commission HAVE TO PACK UP EVERYTHING --- And moved the whole circus 270 MILES to SRASBOUGE FRANCE Taking nearly 5 hours FOR JUST 4 DAYS A MONTH - THEN move the whole lot back to Brussells again,,,,,,, what a total waste of peoples time and MILLIONS of wasted Euros covering transport/wages for nearly 900 people/accommodation/upkeep of buildings / light heating? ---- FOR WHAT ??? I can only see the only reason can be - Just to satisfy the French - I would appreciate any reasonable answers - as I asked many times, and no one has answered -or do you all feel this is sensible for them TO SPEND THEIR CITIZENS MONEY ON?

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:33 - Mar 22 with 2627 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 07:43 - Mar 22 by grumpy

The EU is better with us and we are better within the EU.
Has ASIS got an angry caps lock?

GIVE ME GOOD REASONS WHY WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF - CERTAINLY WE COULD NOT HAVE CARRIED OUT OUR VACCINATION PROGRAMME --- WE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THAT -- THE EU COMMISIONERS KNOW BEST !!!! As you know - they have made such a success of their own vaccintion roll out!
I WOULD BE INTERESTED IF YOU COULD ANSWER THIS PLEASE ? CAN ANYONE give me an answer to -- WHY do the whole commission HAVE TO PACK UP EVERYTHING --- And moved the whole circus 270 MILES to SRASBOUGE FRANCE Taking nearly 5 hours FOR JUST 4 DAYS A MONTH - THEN move the whole lot back to Brussells again - Let alone what it does for GLOBAL WARMING!! ,,,,,,, what a total waste of peoples time and MILLIONS of wasted Euros covering transport/wages for nearly 900 people/accommodation/upkeep of buildings / light heating? ---- FOR WHAT ??? I can only see the only reason can be - Just to satisfy the French - I would appreciate any reasonable answers - as I asked many times, and no one has answered -or do you all feel this is sensible for them TO SPEND THEIR CITIZENS MONEY ON?

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 10:22 - Mar 22 with 2541 viewsIngskneeslide

I haven’t changed my opinion at all. You were dull and weird before we left the EU and you’re even duller and weirder now
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 13:10 - Mar 22 with 2474 viewsSadoldgit

Human beings are strange creatures. If there was ever a time when we all needed to put aside our differences and come together for the sake of humanity, this it is. And what do we do? We squabble over vaccines. We squabbling over life saving measures like lockdowns and wearing masks. As Jonathan Pie put it so succinctly, we really are shit.
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 16:34 - Mar 22 with 2411 viewsBerber

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 13:10 - Mar 22 by Sadoldgit

Human beings are strange creatures. If there was ever a time when we all needed to put aside our differences and come together for the sake of humanity, this it is. And what do we do? We squabble over vaccines. We squabbling over life saving measures like lockdowns and wearing masks. As Jonathan Pie put it so succinctly, we really are shit.

Humans certainly can be strange, both as individuals, groups and countries. There is still a remarkably high conformance to the lockdown guidance, but I am sure, most people's yearning to get out and do things, like mine, is chomping at the bit.

What really worries me, is the building demand for people to be able to book foreign holidays, which scares the **** out of me. Individuals and families have the capacity to blind themselves to what happened last time, with importing new variants, and the government seemed very keen to pander to the holiday brigade. So far, noises from ministers and the PM are indicating that we will get washback from the 3rd wave sweeping Europe right now, and not to book yet. Hopefully that will extend well into the summer, though I would dearly love to visit family and grandchildren in Norway.

Incidentally, the Norwegian PM has just been hammered in the press for holding a party for 18 people in their holiday cabin, and the Swedish PM has also been hammered for taking a holiday in the Canaries. It is really worrying when senior figures in Europe's most socially consensus oriented countries ignore the rules/law and plough on doing their own thing. Oslo is in it's most severe lockdown of the pandemic as the UK variant rips through the city.

I'll gladly stick with lockdowns, mask wearing and travel bans if it means that come autumn, I can get back to St Mary's.
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 18:31 - Mar 22 with 2348 viewsDorsetIan

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:21 - Mar 22 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Good to hear from you. Please don't bury your head in the sand - do you really think that we could have achieved so much - in this short time?
Ian the whole point is THAT WE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO carried this out - FULL STOP .... IF we were still part of the EU!
The 20+ EU commissioners HAVE TOTAL CONTROL - fireproofed and cannot be replaced until 2024 - THEN they are NOT voted in by the citizens of the EU - But by their mates in their various countries - BUT THEY EXPECT THAT THE CITIZANS TO PAY FOR ALL THEIR INCOMPADANCE - How bloody stupid is that?
They say it is not polical ! and yet they only attack the UK - Not touching the very successful vaccination roll out in the USA,
The EU says that The EU NEEDS more vaccinations for THEIR CITIZENS --- So what is happening to the 14 million in eu fridges - just wasting away and going "OUT OF DATE" and not being put "in peoples arms ? " Just like everything to do with the EU - None sensible - and a total waste of money and time!!!
CAN ANYONE give me an answer to -- WHY do the whole commission HAVE TO PACK UP EVERYTHING --- And moved the whole circus 270 MILES to SRASBOUGE FRANCE Taking nearly 5 hours FOR JUST 4 DAYS A MONTH - THEN move the whole lot back to Brussells again,,,,,,, what a total waste of peoples time and MILLIONS of wasted Euros covering transport/wages for nearly 900 people/accommodation/upkeep of buildings / light heating? ---- FOR WHAT ??? I can only see the only reason can be - Just to satisfy the French - I would appreciate any reasonable answers - as I asked many times, and no one has answered -or do you all feel this is sensible for them TO SPEND THEIR CITIZENS MONEY ON?

Fundamentally ASIS, I think you are focused on the wrong thing. You focus on the how awful you think the EU is and I focus on all the freedoms and lack of red tape that we have lost.

I was happy to put up with a few irritations about the EU if it meant I was free to go about my business in Europe.

But we can agree to disagree, perhaps.

Login to get fewer ads

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 18:44 - Mar 22 with 2346 viewsDellHero_Would

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 10:22 - Mar 22 by Ingskneeslide

I haven’t changed my opinion at all. You were dull and weird before we left the EU and you’re even duller and weirder now

Ditto..Sadly the alter ego’s been on here for the duration, see latest post.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 18:53 - Mar 22 with 2325 viewsBicester_North

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 18:44 - Mar 22 by DellHero_Would

Ditto..Sadly the alter ego’s been on here for the duration, see latest post.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 19:28 - Mar 22 with 2299 views1885_SFC

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:33 - Mar 22 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

GIVE ME GOOD REASONS WHY WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF - CERTAINLY WE COULD NOT HAVE CARRIED OUT OUR VACCINATION PROGRAMME --- WE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THAT -- THE EU COMMISIONERS KNOW BEST !!!! As you know - they have made such a success of their own vaccintion roll out!
I WOULD BE INTERESTED IF YOU COULD ANSWER THIS PLEASE ? CAN ANYONE give me an answer to -- WHY do the whole commission HAVE TO PACK UP EVERYTHING --- And moved the whole circus 270 MILES to SRASBOUGE FRANCE Taking nearly 5 hours FOR JUST 4 DAYS A MONTH - THEN move the whole lot back to Brussells again - Let alone what it does for GLOBAL WARMING!! ,,,,,,, what a total waste of peoples time and MILLIONS of wasted Euros covering transport/wages for nearly 900 people/accommodation/upkeep of buildings / light heating? ---- FOR WHAT ??? I can only see the only reason can be - Just to satisfy the French - I would appreciate any reasonable answers - as I asked many times, and no one has answered -or do you all feel this is sensible for them TO SPEND THEIR CITIZENS MONEY ON?

The answer to your question is... because of the French being awkward (as per normal).

Old School is Cool

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 23:35 - Mar 22 with 2219 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 18:31 - Mar 22 by DorsetIan

Fundamentally ASIS, I think you are focused on the wrong thing. You focus on the how awful you think the EU is and I focus on all the freedoms and lack of red tape that we have lost.

I was happy to put up with a few irritations about the EU if it meant I was free to go about my business in Europe.

But we can agree to disagree, perhaps.

Ian - I really do sympathize if you have to deal with the EU burocrates and all their red tape measures that they could find easier ways ,IF they wanted to - but at this present time ..... they still wish to punish us - for leaving their club .... hopefully eventually common sence will prevail.
This situation is just like my mate in OZZ - who owns vinyards which produce his Australian wine ---- Can you imagine what he felt like - that with a sroke of a pen - China would not allow any Australian wine to be imported - 65% of his exsports ... then he had look for new markets, and those new markets are bringing in more profit! a result for him!

IF YOUR JUST THINKING OF JUST A FEW YEARS AHEAD then the EU markets are favorite --- Ian ALL THE COUNTRIES economies in the EU ARE CONTRACTING and will continue to do so ---- NOW WE ARE OUT we are free to established FREE TRADE DEALS - BRITAIN is heading for a post-Brexit boom after securing 62 free trade deals SO FAR worth a staggering £900 billion - SO FAR plus there are multi-billion free trade deals with America, Canada and Australia in the pipeline for later in 2021. Together they could boost the UK economy by at least £100 Trillion over the coming decade, according to analysts. So let's be more OPEN MINDED and more positive please! So for my grandchildren they WILL have an easier life, now we are out the clutches of this EU DICTATORSHIP!

Just look through this post AND AGAIN NO ONE has given me ANY GOOD REASON S why we should be still paying BILLIONS for still being IN!! -- FOR WHAT? - surely the actions of THE WHOLE EU commissioners have shown in the past few weeks that they have produced TOTAL INCOMPADANCE - And I am presuming that you and others feel it is a good idea - to move the whole EU circus from Brussels to Strasbourg ---- FOR JUST 4 DAYS A MONTH - I say it's bloody stupid and a total waste of time and money ... I find it frustrating that NO ONE has come back with reasons WHY we should have stayed IN? and only showing their ignorance (not you) by only attacking me on a personal level - if they feel that I am wrong then let's have their reasons?

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 23:51 - Mar 22 with 2219 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 13:10 - Mar 22 by Sadoldgit

Agreed - Any inteligent humans would realise that WE WILL ALL HAVE TO PULL TOGETEHER - IN all the countries around the whole WORLD -- TO CONCER THIS LIFE TREATENING VIRUS?

The EU Commissioners are not helping by obstuckting the movements of vacine components!!
Trying to cover their own dithering and incompetence!
At leaste Boris seems to got the vaccines right - but I am sooo angry about the £34 Million going to his mates - trying to product a pathetic track & trace! Totally disgraceful.

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 02:31 - Mar 23 with 2190 views1885_SFC

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 23:35 - Mar 22 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Ian - I really do sympathize if you have to deal with the EU burocrates and all their red tape measures that they could find easier ways ,IF they wanted to - but at this present time ..... they still wish to punish us - for leaving their club .... hopefully eventually common sence will prevail.
This situation is just like my mate in OZZ - who owns vinyards which produce his Australian wine ---- Can you imagine what he felt like - that with a sroke of a pen - China would not allow any Australian wine to be imported - 65% of his exsports ... then he had look for new markets, and those new markets are bringing in more profit! a result for him!

IF YOUR JUST THINKING OF JUST A FEW YEARS AHEAD then the EU markets are favorite --- Ian ALL THE COUNTRIES economies in the EU ARE CONTRACTING and will continue to do so ---- NOW WE ARE OUT we are free to established FREE TRADE DEALS - BRITAIN is heading for a post-Brexit boom after securing 62 free trade deals SO FAR worth a staggering £900 billion - SO FAR plus there are multi-billion free trade deals with America, Canada and Australia in the pipeline for later in 2021. Together they could boost the UK economy by at least £100 Trillion over the coming decade, according to analysts. So let's be more OPEN MINDED and more positive please! So for my grandchildren they WILL have an easier life, now we are out the clutches of this EU DICTATORSHIP!

Just look through this post AND AGAIN NO ONE has given me ANY GOOD REASON S why we should be still paying BILLIONS for still being IN!! -- FOR WHAT? - surely the actions of THE WHOLE EU commissioners have shown in the past few weeks that they have produced TOTAL INCOMPADANCE - And I am presuming that you and others feel it is a good idea - to move the whole EU circus from Brussels to Strasbourg ---- FOR JUST 4 DAYS A MONTH - I say it's bloody stupid and a total waste of time and money ... I find it frustrating that NO ONE has come back with reasons WHY we should have stayed IN? and only showing their ignorance (not you) by only attacking me on a personal level - if they feel that I am wrong then let's have their reasons?

I've already answered your Brussels-Strasbourg question. Blame the French...

https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/20/eu-parliament-s-114m-a-year-move-to-strasbou

Old School is Cool

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:08 - Mar 24 with 2070 viewskernow

On a beautiful, Spring day it's a good walk along the coast from Port en Bessin to Arromanche Les Bains, up the zig zag path past the memorial to the detachment of 47 Commando. The Channel flat calm, the colour of turquoise, the air warm and still, the scent of gorse blossom, bees and butterflies everywhere, the only human contact for five hours a lad on a mountain bike. Sitting on top of a Jerry bunker eating a picnic lunch, thinking about things.
Stopping off to pay respect and reflect in the British and Commonwealth cemetery in Bayeux. Signing the visitors book.
Peace and strength through unity.
No more war.

No I haven't changed my opinion.
Not one bit.
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:23 - Mar 24 with 2053 viewsBazza

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:08 - Mar 24 by kernow

On a beautiful, Spring day it's a good walk along the coast from Port en Bessin to Arromanche Les Bains, up the zig zag path past the memorial to the detachment of 47 Commando. The Channel flat calm, the colour of turquoise, the air warm and still, the scent of gorse blossom, bees and butterflies everywhere, the only human contact for five hours a lad on a mountain bike. Sitting on top of a Jerry bunker eating a picnic lunch, thinking about things.
Stopping off to pay respect and reflect in the British and Commonwealth cemetery in Bayeux. Signing the visitors book.
Peace and strength through unity.
No more war.

No I haven't changed my opinion.
Not one bit.

Unity in the EU, really?
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:34 - Mar 24 with 2049 viewskernow

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:23 - Mar 24 by Bazza

Unity in the EU, really?

A Kingdom United.
Really?
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 09:27 - Mar 24 with 2021 viewsDorsetIan

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 23:51 - Mar 22 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Agreed - Any inteligent humans would realise that WE WILL ALL HAVE TO PULL TOGETEHER - IN all the countries around the whole WORLD -- TO CONCER THIS LIFE TREATENING VIRUS?

The EU Commissioners are not helping by obstuckting the movements of vacine components!!
Trying to cover their own dithering and incompetence!
At leaste Boris seems to got the vaccines right - but I am sooo angry about the £34 Million going to his mates - trying to product a pathetic track & trace! Totally disgraceful.

I think the track and trace figure usually quoted is £37 billion.

I am glad we can agree on how terrible that has been.

And just to put it into perspective, the entire MoD budget in in 2018/19 was £43 billion.

How they have managed to fail so spectacularly and so expensively is beyond me, and yet whenever Dido Harding is on TV she always seems to pleased with herself. Absolutely no shame, these people.

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 12:25 - Mar 24 with 1991 viewsBazza

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 08:34 - Mar 24 by kernow

A Kingdom United.
Really?

Who mentioned UK unity . As we know the Remainers won't lie down and consistently try to undermine any unity in the UK.
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 13:31 - Mar 24 with 1954 viewsDorsetIan

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 12:25 - Mar 24 by Bazza

Who mentioned UK unity . As we know the Remainers won't lie down and consistently try to undermine any unity in the UK.

The ridiculous 'culture wars' stuff stuff is entirely divisive. As is the latest 'count the Union Jacks' craze.

Saw this on Twitter:

'Why doesn't Boris Johnson wear a Union Jack tie? Why does he hate Britain so much?'

Just about sums up all that.

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 14:06 - Mar 24 with 1940 viewskernow

The OP, frequently.
Why should anyone be forced to "lie down" as you put it?
Everyone I know is getting on with their life except for the idiots that want to sow division.
The use of the term "remainer" is itself divisive.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 14:12]
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 16:50 - Mar 24 with 1899 viewsgrumpy

'unity in the UK'

What! with the Scottish pushing for independence because they didn't vote for it, and the Irish not happy with the border and they didn't vote for it either, and the Welsh doing their own thing.

Brexit undermined any unity in the UK
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 16:58]
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 17:03 - Mar 24 with 1886 viewsBazza

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 16:50 - Mar 24 by grumpy

'unity in the UK'

What! with the Scottish pushing for independence because they didn't vote for it, and the Irish not happy with the border and they didn't vote for it either, and the Welsh doing their own thing.

Brexit undermined any unity in the UK
[Post edited 24 Mar 2021 16:58]

I know all that, wasn't me that made that comment.
|Since you mentioned it; in truth SNP are losing their way and won't be granted another referendum any time soon and the EU have stated they don't want them, probably especially without their English subsidy. The Irish border has been an issue for over 100 years. So political differences for sure but not comparable to the schism forming by independent countries jostling the EU undemocratic leaders.
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 18:43 - Mar 24 with 1851 viewsgrumpy

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 17:03 - Mar 24 by Bazza

I know all that, wasn't me that made that comment.
|Since you mentioned it; in truth SNP are losing their way and won't be granted another referendum any time soon and the EU have stated they don't want them, probably especially without their English subsidy. The Irish border has been an issue for over 100 years. So political differences for sure but not comparable to the schism forming by independent countries jostling the EU undemocratic leaders.

Can you tell me when it was the 'EU have stated they don't want Scotland?
After the good Friday agreement the border wasn't a problem in Ireland.
Have you changed your opinion at all? on 19:30 - Mar 24 with 1830 viewsBazza

Have you changed your opinion at all? on 18:43 - Mar 24 by grumpy

Can you tell me when it was the 'EU have stated they don't want Scotland?
After the good Friday agreement the border wasn't a problem in Ireland.

Various mentions in politico.eu , also by some Scottish professor in the Express ( yeah I know) etc try Googling. Examples say Scottish economy not yet self sufficient, North Sea I assets exaggerated, Spain wouldn’t be happy as Basque separatists might follow. etc.
Good Friday Agreement calmed warring factions but tension still exists. New issue of course is that EU not happy with open border.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024