Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JWP 21:49 - Mar 25 with 1495 viewsA1079

Well done tonight JWP. Ok, it was San Marino but you did yourself proud and that is all you can do, whatever the opposition.
JWP on 22:01 - Mar 25 with 1477 viewsdarthvader

Well done that man i was at coventry where and when he scored his first senior goal , hes come a long way , hard work , training and practice . Good on you son 😇😇😇

keep the faith coyr

JWP on 23:02 - Mar 25 with 1403 viewsdirk_doone

He was England's best player and would have had a hat-trick if his team mates had passed the ball back to him when he set up those 1-2s. He was through on goal so many times waiting for the return pass.

Playing in a more advanced role than he plays for Saints seemed to suit him.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 23:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP on 06:50 - Mar 26 with 1286 viewssaint22

Agreed
He looked very comfortable there, albeit against a pub side
I am sure Gareth will default to Rice and Henderson but he made his case

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/25/james-ward-prowse-scuttles-shin
JWP on 08:49 - Mar 26 with 1212 viewsA1079

JWP on 23:02 - Mar 25 by dirk_doone

He was England's best player and would have had a hat-trick if his team mates had passed the ball back to him when he set up those 1-2s. He was through on goal so many times waiting for the return pass.

Agree Dirk. He was instrumental in alot of the best moves and was present alot in and around the box.

I think he deserves to be picked for the next game but I fear that no matter how well he performs he will play a bit part role at best (unless he moves to one of the so called "bigger" clubs). The pundits barely mentioned his contribution and on Radio 5 all they kept mentioning was when Henderson et all return. Similarly they kept saying about how Kane would have put away some of Lingard's chances (which he may or may not have done - but in the media eyes it is a given). People moan about the England manager having his favourites but I think the problem is the media and the biased influence they have.

Anyway, JWP did all he could do and that is the best anyone can hope for. I would like to see him play a more forward role in a game for Saints just to see if it makes a difference. Not saying he would, but it would be interesting.
JWP on 09:59 - Mar 26 with 1171 viewsBerber

JWP on 23:02 - Mar 25 by dirk_doone

There was a notable tendency, especially from Sterling to waste opportunities by being slack (Calvert-Lewin) or selfish. JWP took his goal well, was unlucky with the free kick (good save) and was intent on making things tick, rather than look for individual glory. A sound if not spectacular performance.
JWP on 11:49 - Mar 26 with 1109 viewskingslandstand1

JWP on 09:59 - Mar 26 by Berber

There was a notable tendency, especially from Sterling to waste opportunities by being slack (Calvert-Lewin) or selfish. JWP took his goal well, was unlucky with the free kick (good save) and was intent on making things tick, rather than look for individual glory. A sound if not spectacular performance.

I note Stuart Pierce has said this morning (well I heard it this morning), that he's not quite good enough yet forthe Euro squad but very nearly there

I know let's pick players who have minimal prem experience but play for top clubs instead
JWP on 11:50 - Mar 26 with 1110 viewsdirk_doone

With the accuracy of his shooting as well as his exceptional work rate, could he be tried in an even more advanced role ? It sounds like, of the players in England's training sessions, it was his finishing that impressed the most. Given the opportunity, he has the potential to be a prolific goal scorer. It would be interesting to see him linking up with Ings up front, with Romeu and Diallo taking over the central midfield role.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/james-ward-prowse-ma
[Post edited 26 Mar 2021 11:55]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

JWP on 16:00 - Mar 26 with 1009 viewssaints__fan__73

JWP on 11:50 - Mar 26 by dirk_doone

With the accuracy of his shooting as well as his exceptional work rate, could he be tried in an even more advanced role ? It sounds like, of the players in England's training sessions, it was his finishing that impressed the most. Given the opportunity, he has the potential to be a prolific goal scorer. It would be interesting to see him linking up with Ings up front, with Romeu and Diallo taking over the central midfield role.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/james-ward-prowse-ma

Would you say that JWP is now world class Dirk?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

JWP on 16:53 - Mar 26 with 988 viewsBison

JWP on 11:50 - Mar 26 by dirk_doone

I think his best position is the good old fashioned central Midfielder , not a number 10 attacking Midfielder and not a Kante type defensive midfielder. Let him play basically across the middle where he can use his stamina , strength and passing / shooting ability.

He defends when we need to defend and can attack when we have the opportunity. The only thing he really lacks and he will never acquire is pace but I would still say he is first on the team sheet.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

JWP on 17:38 - Mar 26 with 969 viewscocklebreath

JWP on 16:53 - Mar 26 by Bison

I think his best position is the good old fashioned central Midfielder , not a number 10 attacking Midfielder and not a Kante type defensive midfielder. Let him play basically across the middle where he can use his stamina , strength and passing / shooting ability.

He defends when we need to defend and can attack when we have the opportunity. The only thing he really lacks and he will never acquire is pace but I would still say he is first on the team sheet.

Agreed, a good old fashioned centre midfielder, Roy Keane was moaning about how midfielders are pigeon holed into certain roles these days.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024