Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go 12:28 - Apr 4 with 7645 viewsJaySaint

dreadful, dreadful, dreadful

just nothing about him..very very very poor

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:14 - Apr 12 with 1495 viewsCenturion

Fair enough, but we have had a serious drop in form since the start of the new year. I think we have been found out.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:18 - Apr 12 with 1458 views1885_SFC

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:14 - Apr 12 by Centurion

Fair enough, but we have had a serious drop in form since the start of the new year. I think we have been found out.

I reckon it's more a case of we've burnt out.

Ralph would love to have us playing quick, high-pressing football like earlier on in the season - but with a game every weekend & another every midweek in this shortened season - we've gone... burnt out... it's not do-able.

Old School is Cool

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:21 - Apr 12 with 1436 viewskernow

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:11 - Apr 12 by Bridders2

Allardyce, played a direct, fast, attacking game in the first half and got 2 goals. In the second he played a defensive game, nullified us and scored again. That's Sam tactics for you and he's turning WBA around. We played tippy - tappy, sideways, back as always, it's f*cking frustrating to watch.

He is a very underrated manager.
He knows how to organise a team to defend.
Fundamental.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:23 - Apr 12 with 1428 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:18 - Apr 12 by 1885_SFC

Ralph would love to have us playing quick, high-pressing football like earlier on in the season - but with a game every weekend & another every midweek in this shortened season - we've gone... burnt out... it's not do-able.

You could be right. So we have to accept that we should just play like Puel did, because our players arn't good enough and hope for a draw?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:24 - Apr 12 with 1422 viewsBison

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:23 - Apr 12 by Saintsforeverj

You could be right. So we have to accept that we should just play like Puel did, because our players arn't good enough and hope for a draw?

Spot on guys , but in a one off match we will win.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:30 - Apr 12 with 1400 viewscynicalsaint

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:18 - Apr 12 by 1885_SFC

We have played 12 games in the last 10 weeks (since 6th Feb) so not sure i buy the burn out argument.

A good proportion of the side haven't played all those games (Forster, KWP, ings, adams, armstrong, walcott, diallo...) and those that have aren't the ones who are letting us down.

If it is fatigue then (a) our fitness coaches and sports scientists need firing; and (b) ralph needs a plan B for players with heavy legs.

Oh.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:37 - Apr 12 with 1380 viewsIngskneeslide

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:43 - Apr 12 by JaySaint

How do you know that?
We have been absolute garbage most of 2021

This is no better than Mark Hughes.

Statistically speaking you are literally 100% wrong. That’s not a figure of speech, RH’s win percentage is more than twice that of Hughes so stop talking out of your ring piece you attention seeking helmet
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:43 - Apr 12 with 1361 viewsElijahK

We’ve been COMPLETELY dreadful today! I mean our passing has been shocking and almost every player on that pitch has been shit! I mean we’ve conceded 11 goals in our last 5 games, and our defence has just been dreadful! I mean the pen Forster gave away in the first half was stupid and poor, along with him diving way too early during the pen which just helped the penalty taker to make sure they scored! But he obviously wasn’t the only one as I honestly didn’t see a single player show any quality whatsoever today as really we should’ve lost by more! Today wasn’t just Ralph’s fault as the players were just soo pore, but at the same time the fact that he made no changes until like the 87th minute just takes the piss! As really he should’ve brought on the likes of Minamino, Djenepo, Tella etc around the 55th/60th minute!

I mean I’m certainly not looking forward to Sunday as much as I used to, and if we do get hammered then I honestly think we need to start thinking about getting someone else as Ralph sure is a likeable guy and had a great start to the season, but with 7 points in our last 14 GAMES! Along with no FA cup final would honestly be too much for me as I do think that things are going a bit too far now and if it was Hughes or Poelligrino fans would’ve wanted them gone a long time ago!

I mean we’re not going down, but still this result was almost as bad as the Man U one and I know that people will say “who are we going to replace Hastenhurtle with, Jose Mourinho!?” But at the end of the day when you’ve gotten 7 points out of a possible 42, along with a 9-0 and no FA cup or anything, then I’d say that we’d just need to find someone as none of us had really heard of Potch, Koeman etc (that is as managers not players) and look how they turned out! I mean honestly I just hope that the club will give him some decent funding so that we can see what he can bring to the club because if he gets all the players he wants so we can see how he is when he’s got a squad that he wants.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 15:55 - Apr 13 with 1179 viewsfranniesTache

Fun fact, since we beat liverpool we've conceded 37 goals in 14 games. Even if you remove the 9-0 loss from that we're still shipping over 2 goals a game.

Now consider alongside this that Burnley was the first time in five years we've turned around a 2 goal deficit to win a game...

We are a f*cking mess at the moment.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 15:56]
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 17:22 - Apr 13 with 1112 viewssaint22

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 15:55 - Apr 13 by franniesTache

Fun fact, since we beat liverpool we've conceded 37 goals in 14 games. Even if you remove the 9-0 loss from that we're still shipping over 2 goals a game.

Now consider alongside this that Burnley was the first time in five years we've turned around a 2 goal deficit to win a game...

We are a f*cking mess at the moment.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 15:56]

Why though?

Either the players dont care, are burnt out or the manager isn't doing enough

Our team is no different in reality to the one that ended last season and went into this one so well, so WTF is going on?
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 17:31 - Apr 13 with 1097 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 17:22 - Apr 13 by saint22

Why though?

Our team is no different in reality to the one that ended last season and went into this one so well, so WTF is going on?

Or they know that the club isn't going anywhere in the league, without proper investment, whether they try or not. Like every other team making up the numbers, what's the point? Hardly motivating is it, climbing from what 15th to 13th. We have played like this under Hughes, Pellegrino, sometimes under Puel, and now Ralph. I can't believe that they are all useless managers. They all have one thing in common: they all had to work with their hands tied behind their back.

I do agree that players on a lot of money not bothering is hugely unacceptable, but I can see why. They just arn't excited / bothered by the prize of finishing 14th.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 17:33]

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:00 - Apr 13 with 1051 viewsbarry_sanchez

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 17:31 - Apr 13 by Saintsforeverj

Or they know that the club isn't going anywhere in the league, without proper investment, whether they try or not. Like every other team making up the numbers, what's the point? Hardly motivating is it, climbing from what 15th to 13th. We have played like this under Hughes, Pellegrino, sometimes under Puel, and now Ralph. I can't believe that they are all useless managers. They all have one thing in common: they all had to work with their hands tied behind their back.

I do agree that players on a lot of money not bothering is hugely unacceptable, but I can see why. They just arn't excited / bothered by the prize of finishing 14th.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 17:33]

This is why modern football is bollocks, other than a few what have the bottom feeders in the league got?
A pat on the head when an upset happens every 3 months?
It isn't football its a turkey shoot.
Our owner hasn't even bothered to tell his audience what his mission statement is, he doesn't have to, he can't be arsed either, its simply survive and rake in the tv money, from this its then given to players wages and agents and if we survive repeat.
The fans will swallow up and love a #wemarchon and some shite gif of a player waving his fist or some plucky thing that makes them believe he is one of us and gives a shite.
They can shove it up their hoop, they're all angry purple helmets.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:04 - Apr 13 with 1049 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 20:43 - Apr 12 by ElijahK

We’ve been COMPLETELY dreadful today! I mean our passing has been shocking and almost every player on that pitch has been shit! I mean we’ve conceded 11 goals in our last 5 games, and our defence has just been dreadful! I mean the pen Forster gave away in the first half was stupid and poor, along with him diving way too early during the pen which just helped the penalty taker to make sure they scored! But he obviously wasn’t the only one as I honestly didn’t see a single player show any quality whatsoever today as really we should’ve lost by more! Today wasn’t just Ralph’s fault as the players were just soo pore, but at the same time the fact that he made no changes until like the 87th minute just takes the piss! As really he should’ve brought on the likes of Minamino, Djenepo, Tella etc around the 55th/60th minute!

I mean I’m certainly not looking forward to Sunday as much as I used to, and if we do get hammered then I honestly think we need to start thinking about getting someone else as Ralph sure is a likeable guy and had a great start to the season, but with 7 points in our last 14 GAMES! Along with no FA cup final would honestly be too much for me as I do think that things are going a bit too far now and if it was Hughes or Poelligrino fans would’ve wanted them gone a long time ago!

I mean we’re not going down, but still this result was almost as bad as the Man U one and I know that people will say “who are we going to replace Hastenhurtle with, Jose Mourinho!?” But at the end of the day when you’ve gotten 7 points out of a possible 42, along with a 9-0 and no FA cup or anything, then I’d say that we’d just need to find someone as none of us had really heard of Potch, Koeman etc (that is as managers not players) and look how they turned out! I mean honestly I just hope that the club will give him some decent funding so that we can see what he can bring to the club because if he gets all the players he wants so we can see how he is when he’s got a squad that he wants.

Don’t sit on the fence Elijah, tell us what you mean 😉
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 12:10 - Apr 14 with 930 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 17:22 - Apr 13 by saint22

Why though?

No idea, though i do think that maybe Ralph has been found out a bit
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 15:42 - Apr 14 with 890 viewsDorsetIan

I'm coming to the conclusion that Ralph is just not tactically astute enough.

There's always been this worry about him with some 'square pegs in round holes' team selections and less than inspiring substitutions.

It seems that he can play only one way and when the other manager works out a tactical plan to beat it, we lose - particularly because he doesn't seem to have the ability to change our tactics to respond to whatever the other manager does.

Add to that a number of players who blow very hot and cold, and little strength on the bench, the permutation for us to do well is quite limited: the other manager has to be similarly tactically limited, all the 'hot and cold' merchants need to be on form, and we need to be in a winning position before we start bringing on any subs.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 21:13 - Apr 18 with 785 viewsJaySaint

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 18:48 - Apr 12 by Saintsforeverj

I know our team can play a lot better than this. This is practically the same team that beat Liverpool. I also know what happens when you have one team that simply has to win and the other team saving themselves for a big semi final next week.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 18:49]

Was that really "saving themselves"?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 23:19 - Apr 18 with 683 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I'm not a "manager out" sort but I do think Hassenhuttl is done. We've had some fun, but less fun than sh*t.

I don't know who is better, but I'm sure there are loads of up and coming managers out there who can make a difference.

Just watching MoTD now; tip tap, fake turn, tip tap, fake turn, tip tap, f**k I've lost the ball. It's tedious.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:29 - Apr 19 with 653 viewsDorsetIan

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 23:19 - Apr 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I'm not a "manager out" sort but I do think Hassenhuttl is done. We've had some fun, but less fun than sh*t.

I don't know who is better, but I'm sure there are loads of up and coming managers out there who can make a difference.

Just watching MoTD now; tip tap, fake turn, tip tap, fake turn, tip tap, f**k I've lost the ball. It's tedious.

I think he’s done too.

Too many really big disappointments. And we’re just not getting any better as a squad, or as a team.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:37 - Apr 19 with 645 viewsdirk_doone

Out of the frying pan into the fire? He still has one of the best percentage win rates of any Saints manager this century and until this result was even ahead of Pochettino.

I remember Lawrie McMenemy's early career here. He got us relegated.

Are you sure that we could attract a manager who could do any better?

I would stick with Ralph like Norwich stuck with Farke and Saints stuck with McMenemy. He hasn't even got us relegated and I believe he will be good for the long-term future of the club.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 0:41]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:45 - Apr 19 with 638 viewsgrumpy

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:37 - Apr 19 by dirk_doone

Out of the frying pan into the fire? He still has one of the best percentage win rates of any Saints manager this century and until this result was even ahead of Pochettino.

I remember Lawrie McMenemy's early career here. He got us relegated.

Are you sure that we could attract a manager who could do any better?

I would stick with Ralph like Norwich stuck with Farke and Saints stuck with McMenemy. He hasn't even got us relegated and I believe he will be good for the long-term future of the club.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 0:41]

'I remember Lawrie McMenemy's early career here. He got us relegated'

I do too and I remember him getting us promoted and the players he brought to our stage.
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:48 - Apr 19 with 637 viewsdirk_doone

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:45 - Apr 19 by grumpy

'I remember Lawrie McMenemy's early career here. He got us relegated'

I do too and I remember him getting us promoted and the players he brought to our stage.

Exactly.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:51 - Apr 19 with 633 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:29 - Apr 19 by DorsetIan

I think he’s done too.

Too many really big disappointments. And we’re just not getting any better as a squad, or as a team.

I still think we should wait until the end of the season and even see what happens in the first few games of next season, after a few players leave and maybe a rebuild. Saints have been dreadful since Christmas, but I don't think any of us can be totally sure why. It's easy to blame the manager, when loads of stuff could be going on behind the scenes. We won't go down, so let's see what happens. Dirk mentioned Farke. He was terrible last year, now Norwich are back in the PL after sticking with him. Next season could be better, let's see. If not, then yeah, his time might be up.

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 07:09 - Apr 19 with 562 viewssaint22

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 00:51 - Apr 19 by Saintsforeverj

I still think we should wait until the end of the season and even see what happens in the first few games of next season, after a few players leave and maybe a rebuild. Saints have been dreadful since Christmas, but I don't think any of us can be totally sure why. It's easy to blame the manager, when loads of stuff could be going on behind the scenes. We won't go down, so let's see what happens. Dirk mentioned Farke. He was terrible last year, now Norwich are back in the PL after sticking with him. Next season could be better, let's see. If not, then yeah, his time might be up.

I think this is probably right, let’s avoid the drop first
If ings and Bertrand are off let’s get the money and strengthen where we need too, that will be the first stage to see if Ralph is to continue
If he adds more pacy “one good game five bad” wingers and no full backs and midfielders then maybe it’s time for a change.....?
Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 07:11 - Apr 19 with 556 viewsHeisenberg

Brendan Rodgers referred to Saints as an ‘all in’ team. We play one way. It works occasionally but our game is based on one tactic of running 100 mph and pressing all the time. The players look knackered and Ralph isn’t tactically astute to shift things around. Other sides have sussed it out. Add to that some players simply aren’t good enough or are past it and you are in trouble.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 07:32 - Apr 19 with 537 viewsMytchettSaint

Ralph - absolutely NO plan B and has to go on 07:11 - Apr 19 by Heisenberg

Brendan Rodgers referred to Saints as an ‘all in’ team. We play one way. It works occasionally but our game is based on one tactic of running 100 mph and pressing all the time. The players look knackered and Ralph isn’t tactically astute to shift things around. Other sides have sussed it out. Add to that some players simply aren’t good enough or are past it and you are in trouble.

The only pressing I saw yesterday was from Leicester, that’s why we would often go from outside their 18 yard box back to FF in 3 swift passes on numerous of occasions.
Who knows what’s happened to the team since Christmas. We’ve gone from a team that was something of an enjoyable watch with something of a suspect defence to a team that resembled Claude Puels team for the last few months of his tenure.
Ralph looked lost yesterday when the camera went on to him late in the game.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024