Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday Plans for 2021 09:47 - Apr 9 with 1210 viewssolent_toffee

Anyone got any?

A week travelling round Wales in June for me, five days near Barafundle Beach and then three days in Snowdonia, all self catering and keeping out of the way of people, hopefully.

Then got days off in July/August hosting family and friends on the Costa Del Solent.

Sounds like going abroad is going to be a ball ache.
Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:20 - Apr 9 with 1177 viewsSaintNick

Hard to book anything at the moment, I quite fancy Scotland

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:22 - Apr 9 with 1176 viewsDorsetIan

I wish I did.

Currently holding my breath that might be able to drive somewhere hot in late August, early September...but I had exactly the same hope last year too!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:24 - Apr 9 with 1171 viewsSaintNick

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:22 - Apr 9 by DorsetIan

I wish I did.

Currently holding my breath that might be able to drive somewhere hot in late August, early September...but I had exactly the same hope last year too!

It worked out last year then, it was hot in most of the UK July & August

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:50 - Apr 9 with 1150 views1885_SFC

I really fancy buying a small, cheap camper home... something like a Bedford Rascal... and just spend a few weeks of the year travelling down the West Country and doing a spot of bass fishing off the rocky Cornish coast on a Summer's day - or setting up a little table & cooker outside of it in Thetford Forest and just chilling out in rural Norfolk or by the Broads.

It would be ideal for when I go up to the Midlands (Nottinghamshire) for the huge antique fairs they have up there all year & save me a small fortune on hotel rooms! I could stay on a relatives' dairy farm in the Peak District too & make a few days break of it at the same time.

It all sounds very tempting and I've been giving it some serious thought the past year or so.

Old School is Cool

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:52 - Apr 9 with 1148 viewssolent_toffee

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:20 - Apr 9 by SaintNick

The first leg of the Wales trip is from a credit note from the National Trust from two previously cancelled holidays, hopefully the vaccine will support this one. Got in there before the prices went through the roof. The second leg is air bnb. Had to jump through all sorts of COVID checks which is fair enough.

At this stage though I would settle for an afternoon in a pub in Liverpool.
Holiday Plans for 2021 on 11:56 - Apr 9 with 1116 viewsWints76

We have 10 days booked in Turkey at the end of July. Who knows what we'll be allowed to do by then? If we are allowed to go there or anywhere in the sun, I will go. Really want to get away. If we can't, am looking at going to Edinburgh for a week and exploring there and nearby places
Holiday Plans for 2021 on 12:10 - Apr 9 with 1108 viewsDorsetIan

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:50 - Apr 9 by 1885_SFC

I really fancy buying a small, cheap camper home... something like a Bedford Rascal... and just spend a few weeks of the year travelling down the West Country and doing a spot of bass fishing off the rocky Cornish coast on a Summer's day - or setting up a little table & cooker outside of it in Thetford Forest and just chilling out in rural Norfolk or by the Broads.

It would be ideal for when I go up to the Midlands (Nottinghamshire) for the huge antique fairs they have up there all year & save me a small fortune on hotel rooms! I could stay on a relatives' dairy farm in the Peak District too & make a few days break of it at the same time.

It all sounds very tempting and I've been giving it some serious thought the past year or so.

Youngest son has become very keen on mountain biking and the vehicle of choice for those people seems to be a VW transporter. I'm always amazed by how much they want for these vehicles.

Is is possible to get one of the Bedford's for sensible money?

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 12:15 - Apr 9 with 1106 viewsDorsetIan

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:24 - Apr 9 by SaintNick

It worked out last year then, it was hot in most of the UK July & August

Needs to be abroad for me. Too near to the sea all year round for it to feel like a holiday in the UK for me. And good to be able to swim without freezing your nads off.

Login to get fewer ads

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 12:29 - Apr 9 with 1102 views1885_SFC

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 12:10 - Apr 9 by DorsetIan

Youngest son has become very keen on mountain biking and the vehicle of choice for those people seems to be a VW transporter. I'm always amazed by how much they want for these vehicles.

Is is possible to get one of the Bedford's for sensible money?

There aren't many around although they do go for about £2K/£3K as they stopped production many years ago now. If you're lucky, you can get a decent Romahome for several grand. I quite often have a look at small camper homes & I'm always surprised how much even older ones cost! There's a place (BTA) in Wickham that has the occasional small camper - but as soon as they're on the forecourt - they're gone.

I was reading the other day that camper home prices in the UK have sky-rocketed due to the pandemic with everyone wanting to holiday over here for the time being. Guess my wait will be even longer now.

Old School is Cool

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 12:39 - Apr 9 with 1094 viewssaintwizzler

Sandy Balls in July.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:02 - Apr 9 with 1081 viewsBison

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 12:39 - Apr 9 by saintwizzler

Sandy Balls in July.

My cousin has a cleaning contract there so he will make sure your balls are sand free.

Booked to go to Vegas in October so hoping we near normality by then.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:13 - Apr 9 with 1074 viewsBicester_North

Uk holidays are such shite value for money now unless you’re lucky. Plus there will be even more hordes of dickheads everywhere this year.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:31 - Apr 9 with 1061 viewssaint22

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:02 - Apr 9 by Bison

My cousin has a cleaning contract there so he will make sure your balls are sand free.

Booked to go to Vegas in October so hoping we near normality by then.

Who goes to Vegas for a holiday.......?
Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:32 - Apr 9 with 1060 viewsdirk_doone

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 10:20 - Apr 9 by SaintNick

I'd recommend the Isle of Skye if you haven't been there before. It has some of the most stunning scenery in Britain. It's usually overrun with European tourists in camper vans but should be quieter this summer, even with an increase in British visitors.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:48 - Apr 9 with 1041 viewssaintwizzler

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:32 - Apr 9 by dirk_doone

I'd recommend the Isle of Skye if you haven't been there before. It has some of the most stunning scenery in Britain. It's usually overrun with European tourists in camper vans but should be quieter this summer, even with an increase in British visitors.

Isle of Arran is stunning.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:56 - Apr 9 with 1032 viewsSaintsforeverj

People are mad to go anywhere abroad this year. They are risking unexpected quarantine, holiday being cancelled, having to wear masks on the beach and unknowns. We will no doubt see the UK jollies heading off in the summer with their suncream as they simply can't wait.

Not booked anything yet, but might go to Scotland or Cornwall is always nice. Will probably book a last minute travel lodge.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 14:49 - Apr 9 with 1004 viewsSalisburySaint

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 13:32 - Apr 9 by dirk_doone

I went to Skye and Highlands with a mate last September, well worth it Stunning scenery

This year so far got a long weekend arranged in Torquay with Family in a fortnight, and a week at friends in Selsey and then the Gower provisionally arranged for middle of June.

in Early August due to go to France to visit my brother with my daughters, but if that falls through plan to return up to Scotland again

Also have a week booked for Portugal and Spain in September which will hopefully come off
Holiday Plans for 2021 on 16:20 - Apr 9 with 981 viewsDorsetIan

Great views of Skye on this video, and some insight into what the nuttiest mountain bike nutters are up to these days.

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 16:28 - Apr 9 with 975 viewsdarthvader

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 16:20 - Apr 9 by DorsetIan

Great views of Skye on this video, and some insight into what the nuttiest mountain bike nutters are up to these days.

Sod that . Id kill meself

keep the faith coyr

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 16:31 - Apr 9 with 973 viewsDorsetIan

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 16:28 - Apr 9 by darthvader

Sod that . Id kill meself

It makes my stomach churn just watching it.

Holiday Plans for 2021 on 16:42 - Apr 9 with 968 views1885_SFC

Talking of nutters...

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024