Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Ralph We Should Trust 09:55 - Apr 14 with 889 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/54792/in-ralph-we-should

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
In Ralph We Should Trust on 12:33 - Apr 14 with 809 viewsButty101

Ralph has taken us from a team that took 9 points from its opening 15 games, to a team that has taken 7 points from its last 15 games! That’s progress for you.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

In Ralph We Should Trust on 15:28 - Apr 14 with 743 viewsSaintNick

In Ralph We Should Trust on 12:33 - Apr 14 by Butty101

Ralph has taken us from a team that took 9 points from its opening 15 games, to a team that has taken 7 points from its last 15 games! That’s progress for you.

You could say the same for Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool or Mourinho at Spurs, all manaers have bad runs, who would you suggest take over, some are saying Eddie Howe, the man who led Bournemouth to one win and one draw in a 12 game run last season in the Premier League not once but twice

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

In Ralph We Should Trust on 15:55 - Apr 14 with 724 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who could we get who is any better? Many say Howe, but he got relegated, having spent a lot more money. I do think Ralph has been found out. I also think the players have abandoned the high press approach (or can't do it or don't believe in it), so we are back to our usual selves.

But more to the point, the club won't sack Ralph and pay him off unless they have to act. We will stay up this year comfortably, a semi final, no way he will be sacked. If we are in a desperate situation next season, he will be sacked, so we needn't worry. And why? Well because its all about money and at the moment Ralph is keeping us up and protecting the sky money. If at any point this is under threat, he will go.

The problem is higher up. Changing the manager won't make any difference imo. That is not because I am a Ralph lover. I just don't want another Pellegrino. With the lowest net spend in the world, things could be a lot worse.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 15:58]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

In Ralph We Should Trust on 20:01 - Apr 14 with 645 viewskingslandstand1

In Ralph We Should Trust on 15:28 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

You could say the same for Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool or Mourinho at Spurs, all manaers have bad runs, who would you suggest take over, some are saying Eddie Howe, the man who led Bournemouth to one win and one draw in a 12 game run last season in the Premier League not once but twice

Agree. As was said the other night as well as in this thread, who else do you go to? Def don't want Howe, he just happens to be a nice bloke who did well with a 3rd division team in getting them to the top division, then took them down and left them
There is no one currently in the Prem we could nick ir would want to come here so it would be an unknown who has done well somewhere on the continent
Ralph hasn't done too bad, obviously could do better, but could have done a lot better! But stick with him (for now!)
In Ralph We Should Trust on 22:02 - Apr 14 with 597 viewsButty101

How you compare Ralph to Klopp or Mournio? Klopp has just won the league while the other has a chance of silverware for a club that hadn’t won anything in an age.

As for Howe I think he’s a decent option. I can see similarities to when strachan came in.

As I said before I just don’t get the cult of Ralph. I don’t mind him but he’s not a football genius

In Ralph We Should Trust on 08:27 - Apr 15 with 533 viewsSaintNick

In Ralph We Should Trust on 22:02 - Apr 14 by Butty101

How you compare Ralph to Klopp or Mournio? Klopp has just won the league while the other has a chance of silverware for a club that hadn’t won anything in an age.

As for Howe I think he’s a decent option. I can see similarities to when strachan came in.

As I said before I just don’t get the cult of Ralph. I don’t mind him but he’s not a football genius

I compare them in that Liverpool kept faith with Klopp when he wasn't producing what they wanted ie the Premier League, so comparisons can be drawn

As for Eddie Howe, Ralph is under pressure for having had a bad 12 game run and lacking a plan B, last season Howe had not one but two of those runs in the season and looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

The only similarity between Strachan and Howe is they both got relegated, that doesn't necessarily mean they wont be successful in the future, but overall I just think Ralph is a better fit for the situation we are in financially.

This time next year we will free off some big wages in Lemina and Forster and that will enable us to spend more and then in 2023 Elyounoussi.

Ralph isnt a football genius, but he has been a better manager for Saints than 90% of those in the job since Chris Nicholl left 30 years ago

In Ralph We Should Trust on 10:15 - Apr 15 with 496 viewsButty101

In Ralph We Should Trust on 08:27 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

I compare them in that Liverpool kept faith with Klopp when he wasn't producing what they wanted ie the Premier League, so comparisons can be drawn

As for Eddie Howe, Ralph is under pressure for having had a bad 12 game run and lacking a plan B, last season Howe had not one but two of those runs in the season and looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

The only similarity between Strachan and Howe is they both got relegated, that doesn't necessarily mean they wont be successful in the future, but overall I just think Ralph is a better fit for the situation we are in financially.

This time next year we will free off some big wages in Lemina and Forster and that will enable us to spend more and then in 2023 Elyounoussi.

Ralph isnt a football genius, but he has been a better manager for Saints than 90% of those in the job since Chris Nicholl left 30 years ago

Totally agree with that we have had some stinkers over the years

In Ralph We Should Trust on 10:31 - Apr 15 with 482 viewsSaintNick

In Ralph We Should Trust on 10:15 - Apr 15 by Butty101

Totally agree with that we have had some stinkers over the years

He has also had a better start to the job than most as well, I would be quite happy to have an owner who throws 100's millions at the club, but im realistic.

Likewise with the manager, if someone can come up with a better option than Ralph and i mean in all areas including the way he has worked on the academy structures etc , then I'm happy for him to be replced.

But the names bandied around like Eddie Howe are no better

Login to get fewer ads

In Ralph We Should Trust on 11:15 - Apr 15 with 448 viewsJaySaint

In Ralph We Should Trust on 10:31 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

He has also had a better start to the job than most as well, I would be quite happy to have an owner who throws 100's millions at the club, but im realistic.

Likewise with the manager, if someone can come up with a better option than Ralph and i mean in all areas including the way he has worked on the academy structures etc , then I'm happy for him to be replced.

But the names bandied around like Eddie Howe are no better

how is the B team and academy getting on? all getting rinsed like the first team, aren't they?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

In Ralph We Should Trust on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 443 viewscynicalsaint

I see lots of parallels with Alan Ball's time as our boss - came in when the club was at a low ebb following the Branfoot years. He had a limited squad to work with but he got the place buzzing again even thought the results weren't always great he had a lot of goodwill to trade on.

Ultimately he was limited as a manager but moved on from us before he got found out.

The one big difference though is that AB quickly recognised the one real gem at his disposal (MLT) and built the team around him.

Quite why Ralph hasn't done the same with Redmond is puzzling.
In Ralph We Should Trust on 11:50 - Apr 15 with 422 viewsSaintNick

In Ralph We Should Trust on 11:15 - Apr 15 by JaySaint

how is the B team and academy getting on? all getting rinsed like the first team, aren't they?

That shows a total lack of understanding of what a football club looks to do with its academy, it is not results focused it is about developing.

Due to injuries this season half of our academy teams have been decimated as so many of its memebers have been on first team duty

In Ralph We Should Trust on 11:58 - Apr 15 with 416 viewsTimSaint

Just a thought.....

We hired Strachan after he was relegated with Coventry. He did pretty well with us, getting us up to 8th, the FA Cup final and a (mini) European Tour. I seem to remember he left us a year or so before we got relegated.

Maybe he learnt from what happened at Cov ?
Maybe Howe has learnt from what happened at Bournemouth ?

Oh and on the subject of Lemina etc, don't forget Hoedt, plus all those others we have, that are considered to be nowhere near the first team, or surplus to requirements.......

Gunn, Valery, Vokins, Hesketh, Sims (18k a week !!), The 3 at Gillingham, Long and McQueen. (that's a whole team with Lemina, Hoedt and Elyounoussi !!)

All bang average, not good enough for us, earn too much, can't sell them, so loan them out in an attempt to get a small loan fee and a small proportion of their wages covered.

Hopefully this summer, we will have the long overdue clear out that we have been talking about for the last 2/3/4 years !!

TimSaint

In Ralph We Should Trust on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 416 viewsKennington

In Ralph We Should Trust on 15:55 - Apr 14 by Saintsforeverj

Who could we get who is any better? Many say Howe, but he got relegated, having spent a lot more money. I do think Ralph has been found out. I also think the players have abandoned the high press approach (or can't do it or don't believe in it), so we are back to our usual selves.

But more to the point, the club won't sack Ralph and pay him off unless they have to act. We will stay up this year comfortably, a semi final, no way he will be sacked. If we are in a desperate situation next season, he will be sacked, so we needn't worry. And why? Well because its all about money and at the moment Ralph is keeping us up and protecting the sky money. If at any point this is under threat, he will go.

The problem is higher up. Changing the manager won't make any difference imo. That is not because I am a Ralph lover. I just don't want another Pellegrino. With the lowest net spend in the world, things could be a lot worse.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 15:58]

Never buy into the who could we get who’s better, or better the devil you know arguments. How many thought Pchettino would do so well or that Koeman would come? I’ll leave the management scouting to people who are no doubt looking at coaches and managers across Europe. I still don’t understand why we hired Puel or Peligrino as both were defensively minded and didn’t fit the attacking style that was the setup.

If Ralph loses the semi, and particularly if it’s a hammering and if we only pick up a win or a couple of draws, I reckon his time is up. Conversely if he wins the cup, he can have a ten year contract and a statue.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 12:05]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

In Ralph We Should Trust on 15:15 - Apr 15 with 365 viewsRon11

It was more fun during the Nigel Adkins days, fighting all the way back to the Premier League with no sign of two 9-0 defeats within eighteen months. Then was it Adkins who got fired after coming back from 2-0 down at Chelsea to earn a point, while seemingly still doing a good job?
If anybody had then suggested that two 9-0 defeats in less than eighteen months was on the far horizon, they would have been laughed out of town.
And all those armchair pundits with a common contempt for Allardyce on here must have been well pleased to see him and his team put five past Chelsea and show Saints and especially Hassenhutl that yes, they and he are indeed one trick ponies that have been found out.
I mean, just how many times can substitutions in the last five minutes when losing be taken as an error of judgement rather than being seen as actually not having a clue?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024