Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forster 20:16 - May 8 with 1497 viewsMattFinish

In for McCarthy. Think Ralph is saying he needs a new keeper
Forster on 20:47 - May 8 with 1469 viewssaint22

Shame he and the 6’7 Vestergaard couldn’t deal with that cross
Forster on 20:48 - May 8 with 1471 viewsdirk_doone

Forster has been outstanding but the big dummy, Vestergaard, played Mane onside. Until that, we were doing OK.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Forster on 21:15 - May 8 with 1443 viewsMattFinish

Forster on 20:47 - May 8 by saint22

Shame he and the 6’7 Vestergaard couldn’t deal with that cross

Will you only be happy when we win every game 5-0 on a L1 budget?

Get real
Forster on 22:10 - May 8 with 1414 viewsdirk_doone

Forster and Stephens were our best 2 players; Vestergaard was our worst. Allison was superb for Liverpool. He stopped at least 2 certain goals.

Forster on 22:24 - May 8 with 1397 viewskingslandstand1

Forster on 22:10 - May 8 by dirk_doone

Forster and Stephens were our best 2 players; Vestergaard was our worst. Allison was superb for Liverpool. He stopped at least 2 certain goals.

Vestergard was not the worst. Sorry Dirk, but you clearly have caught the I_Would but about a certain player.

Afraid that player for tonight was Walcott who did nothing and was rightly taken off

But you are right about Allison as Carragher also noted
Forster on 22:46 - May 8 with 1371 viewsdirk_doone

Forster on 22:24 - May 8 by kingslandstand1

Vestergard was not the worst. Sorry Dirk, but you clearly have caught the I_Would but about a certain player.

Afraid that player for tonight was Walcott who did nothing and was rightly taken off

Fair point: Walcott was worse. As you say, he did nothing, which is why I forgot about him. Everton fans will be gutted when we send him back.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 22:47]

Forster on 23:57 - May 8 with 1324 viewsRon11

Forster on 20:48 - May 8 by dirk_doone

Forster has been outstanding but the big dummy, Vestergaard, played Mane onside. Until that, we were doing OK.

Forster should have come off his line for their first goal instead of standing rooted to the spot.
Forster on 07:25 - May 9 with 1265 viewssaint22

Forster on 23:57 - May 8 by Ron11

Forster should have come off his line for their first goal instead of standing rooted to the spot.

Forster, vestergaard and Walker peters were all at fault for goal 1
FF should have come Vestergaard appeared to duck and KWP wasn’t goal side

That said I would say FF is better than McCarthy
Login to get fewer ads

Forster on 09:09 - May 9 with 1227 viewsRon11

Forster on 07:25 - May 9 by saint22

Forster, vestergaard and Walker peters were all at fault for goal 1
FF should have come Vestergaard appeared to duck and KWP wasn’t goal side

That said I would say FF is better than McCarthy

McCarthy put in a great performance against Leicester, and should have kept his place. Why start rotation now? In form players should be in the starting line up.
Hassenhutl's team selection and tactics get more bizarre - why start Walcott against Liverpool when he's obviously not the player he used to be, and leave Diallo on the bench? As soon as Walcott was taken off (far too late) they looked much sharper straight away.
The pissing about at the back continues, with Forster even having the ball taken off his feet at one point he was so slow...with the side/back passing, more often than not they lost the ball, resulting in panic in the defence as Liverpool attacked in numbers.
It's getting pretty sad when Hassenhutl said about Obafemi 'if he's a little bit earlier there, then he can maybe get a penalty'. What is that all about? Is he implying that the only way they can score is by trying for penalties?
The whole thing is getting very stale and boring - it needs new management.
Forster on 09:15 - May 9 with 1218 viewskentsouthampton

Forster on 09:09 - May 9 by Ron11

McCarthy put in a great performance against Leicester, and should have kept his place. Why start rotation now? In form players should be in the starting line up.
Hassenhutl's team selection and tactics get more bizarre - why start Walcott against Liverpool when he's obviously not the player he used to be, and leave Diallo on the bench? As soon as Walcott was taken off (far too late) they looked much sharper straight away.
The pissing about at the back continues, with Forster even having the ball taken off his feet at one point he was so slow...with the side/back passing, more often than not they lost the ball, resulting in panic in the defence as Liverpool attacked in numbers.
It's getting pretty sad when Hassenhutl said about Obafemi 'if he's a little bit earlier there, then he can maybe get a penalty'. What is that all about? Is he implying that the only way they can score is by trying for penalties?
The whole thing is getting very stale and boring - it needs new management.

Obafemi looks like he's developed a taste for pies.
Forster on 10:11 - May 9 with 1185 viewsBerber

Forster on 22:24 - May 8 by kingslandstand1

Yep, Walcott was astoundingly bad. He gave the ball away on almost every occasion, like a dog with a balloon most of the time, though he did manage one or two half decent crosses. Even Redmond (who was a lot more positive in this game) made him look like a tailor's dummy. On balance, I'd say let him move on. He isn't going to get any better is he?
Forster on 12:48 - May 9 with 1137 viewssaint22

Forster on 10:11 - May 9 by Berber

Yep, Walcott was astoundingly bad. He gave the ball away on almost every occasion, like a dog with a balloon most of the time, though he did manage one or two half decent crosses. Even Redmond (who was a lot more positive in this game) made him look like a tailor's dummy. On balance, I'd say let him move on. He isn't going to get any better is he?

If he had anything to offer ancelotti would have kept hold of him
Forster on 12:53 - May 9 with 1128 viewsBerber

Forster on 22:10 - May 8 by dirk_doone

is that the two where Adams and Redmond shot straight at him?
Forster on 08:40 - May 10 with 1033 viewsRon11

Forster on 09:15 - May 9 by kentsouthampton

Obafemi looks like he's developed a taste for pies.

Yes, he certainly didn't look like a finely honed athlete, did he?
Forster on 10:10 - May 10 with 1012 viewssaints__fan__73

Forster on 22:46 - May 8 by dirk_doone

Fair point: Walcott was worse. As you say, he did nothing, which is why I forgot about him. Everton fans will be gutted when we send him back.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 22:47]

Everton fans would be confused as he's out of contract in the Summer.

I assume we'll sign him as he'll be on a Bosman.......

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Forster on 16:38 - May 10 with 948 viewsRon11

Forster on 10:10 - May 10 by saints__fan__73

Everton fans would be confused as he's out of contract in the Summer.

I assume we'll sign him as he'll be on a Bosman.......

Paying him a massive pay check to give the ball away.
Forster on 09:20 - May 11 with 891 viewssaints__fan__73

Forster on 16:38 - May 10 by Ron11

Paying him a massive pay check to give the ball away.

He would be an improvement.

Usually for the likes of Boufal, Elywotsit, etc we pay £12m for a useless attacking MF player who can't score and doesn't make any assists. At least with Theeeeeeeo we only have to pay an exorbitant wage.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Forster on 09:33 - May 11 with 881 viewsDellHero_Would

Forster on 09:20 - May 11 by saints__fan__73

He would be an improvement.

Usually for the likes of Boufal, Elywotsit, etc we pay £12m for a useless attacking MF player who can't score and doesn't make any assists. At least with Theeeeeeeo we only have to pay an exorbitant wage.

2 goals and 3 assists so far this season I think it is...How much is that worth paying? You could argue for and against all day on that one...

Poll: Wearing a mask

Forster on 22:24 - May 11 with 819 viewsdirk_doone

Forster on 09:33 - May 11 by DellHero_Would

2 goals and 3 assists so far this season I think it is...How much is that worth paying? You could argue for and against all day on that one...

With our budget we won't get a better keeper than Forster. He may not be Allison but he is a good Premier League keeper, which is why he was capped 6 times for England over a period of several years.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 22:28]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024