Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player sponsorship 14:12 - May 15 with 21307 viewsscooby

Just had my shirt through from my player sponsor this year. Interestingly they will be increasing the price of sponsorship to £500+vat… I won’t be partaking this year not as things currently stand.

Wonder what else is going to increase in price?
Player sponsorship on 12:06 - May 18 with 2798 viewsCockneyDale

Player sponsorship on 18:28 - May 17 by James1980

If it was made clear in the letter/email received that this £500+vat sponsorship was a 'new' package that includes name on the scoreboard and that others will be available prices to be decided then this seems like an unfair unnecessary dig at the sales and marketing team.

If it has come across as sponsorship now costs £500+vat but you get your name on the scoreboard with no mention that there will be any alternative then poor show from the sales and marketing team

It is the latter.

Having told her they'd priced me out, Frances came back and offered a reduced price with the hospitality tickets removed, but as an individual rather than a business my name on the scoreboard/in the programme is of comparatively little interest. If anything, it would be of more interest the other way round, without the name in lights. It may be different for others. But to be clear, at no point in the letter* or in our emails was any mention made of different packages.

I find the increased cost for appearing on the scoreboard when there will arguably be fewer people seeing it an interesting proposition. I wonder if local businesses feel the same way.

* a letter in which the player's name was spelt wrong and then invited me to sponsor a different player "again" for the coming season. I know it's partially a cut and paste error, but still.
Player sponsorship on 12:30 - May 18 with 2726 views49thseason

Player sponsorship on 21:03 - May 17 by AtThePeake

True, I thought perhaps that price would include all possible benefits (I'm not sure anyone would be willing to pay it if not!) and if they managed to sell them then there would be no need for different packages on each player.

At best, player sponsorship will raise £10-15k . For £600+VAT they could sell Club Sponsorsnip packages to businesses which include a season ticket*, a couple of pre-match meals, a shirt, a Dale logo for your company website , a 30 second advert on the new screen at half time and a half page in the programme. Limited to 200 businesses it would raise £120k + VAT.
* with 1000s of empty seats at each game, using season tickets as incentives to spend £600+VAT is a no-brainer they could be in a sponsors block so that they can do a bit of networking too!
Player sponsorship on 12:44 - May 18 with 2696 viewsscooby

no idea how to add pics of the letter, but the jist is:

Our player sponsorship packages will increase to £500+vat next season, as in addition to the fantastic benefits below, we will also be able to include your company logo on the players profile feature on our giant scoreboard at every home game.

- player signed, match worn shirt presented at the end of the season
- 4 x VIP meals
- logo in TVOS
- logo on website
- logo on player profile on scoreboard

---------------

says nothing about options...
Player sponsorship on 13:24 - May 18 with 2629 viewsJames1980

In response to the responses to my question.
That is absolutely effing shocking how the bleep can they be so short sighted to think this would not cause further dissatisfaction amongst the fanbase. Why not send out the invitation to renew with some different options in the first place rather than what seems to be embarrassing back pedalling.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Player sponsorship on 14:18 - May 18 with 2546 viewsToffeemanc

Player sponsorship on 13:24 - May 18 by James1980

In response to the responses to my question.
That is absolutely effing shocking how the bleep can they be so short sighted to think this would not cause further dissatisfaction amongst the fanbase. Why not send out the invitation to renew with some different options in the first place rather than what seems to be embarrassing back pedalling.

"embarrassing back pedalling" and poor communications are simply trademarks of the club since the CEO was appointed.

The approach to anything fan related always seems to be let see what we can get away with and then amend it to whatever it should have been once everyone starts complaining.
It smacks of a business being run by a chancer and that's exactly what the club currently is.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Player sponsorship on 16:08 - May 18 with 2414 viewsblackdogblue

Out of curiosity who are the players being touted for sponsorship bearing in mind the R&R list isn’t out yet & no idea who may be sold during the summer....

There’s timing & then there is Rochdale AFC 🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Player sponsorship on 16:23 - May 18 with 2377 viewsTVOS1907

Player sponsorship on 12:30 - May 18 by 49thseason

At best, player sponsorship will raise £10-15k . For £600+VAT they could sell Club Sponsorsnip packages to businesses which include a season ticket*, a couple of pre-match meals, a shirt, a Dale logo for your company website , a 30 second advert on the new screen at half time and a half page in the programme. Limited to 200 businesses it would raise £120k + VAT.
* with 1000s of empty seats at each game, using season tickets as incentives to spend £600+VAT is a no-brainer they could be in a sponsors block so that they can do a bit of networking too!

Apologies if I'm missing something here, but how would 200 businesses get 30 seconds each on the scoreboard in a 15 minute half-time interval and a half-a-page advert each in a 76 page programme?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Player sponsorship on 17:43 - May 18 with 2302 viewsblackdogblue

Player sponsorship on 16:23 - May 18 by TVOS1907

Apologies if I'm missing something here, but how would 200 businesses get 30 seconds each on the scoreboard in a 15 minute half-time interval and a half-a-page advert each in a 76 page programme?

Based on experience of other clubs, the adverts flash up now & then throughout the game, some I have seen also show live feed of the game so I guess this is a way round it?

Looks like you have your work cut out & a bigger programme is needed

It must surely be limited to once or twice a season? But again, this is Rochdale AFC we are taking about 🤨

Login to get fewer ads

Player sponsorship on 18:52 - May 18 with 2219 viewsJames1980

I'm looking forward to Pearl and Dean style adverts for local businesses in Rochdale and surrounding area during half time.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Player sponsorship on 19:17 - May 18 with 2182 viewsblackdogblue

Player sponsorship on 18:52 - May 18 by James1980

I'm looking forward to Pearl and Dean style adverts for local businesses in Rochdale and surrounding area during half time.

Charity, Vape, Pawn / Pound shops & Banks?... that’s what our high street consists of mate...

Player sponsorship on 19:55 - May 18 with 2140 views49thseason

200 sponsors / 25games @ 30 seconds each (assuming some micky mouse cup games etc) = 4 mins per game , 2m at the start of 1/2 time and 2m in the middle. The Programme might need to go to 80 pp is that a problem ? how much would it add to the print cost? 5% I'm not suggesting every sponsor gets adverts every game, that would be silly. My suggestion would also whet the appetite for more companies to advertise on the screen. If it works we are going to need bigger screens and more of them.

Longer term we should be encouraging companies to turn their programme adverts into vouchers so that people who buy a programme might be able to save a few quid by using a voucher from a sponsor. If it works we are going to need a bigger programme

At the moment the whole sales / marketing thrust is about people sponsoring their local football team, there isn't much that they get back from the club, But if that could become a two way street... the club promoting companies who promote the club. the dynamic changes into a virtuous circle. Football clubs create interest and excitement, what company wouldn't like to be involved if their brand can be promoted and their business enhanced by association. If RAFC can develop reciprocal relationships ie sales and marketing opportunities with 200 companies , how many more might want to get involved, there are, I believe, about 7000 in Rochdale, probably double that if you count surrounding areas.

The club has to make its facilities work for their sponsors, advertising opportunities, on screens, in the programme , on their website, in their bars and conference facilities at their pre match lunches, at their morning business breakfasts, and with the thousands of supporters and well-wishers in the catchment area they could become a vital cog in the renewal of the town and the club

What does the club do for the 100s of local sports and social clubs? What expertise could they pass on to them? Why isn't there a Rochdale sports lottery where local clubs can sell tickets and make money alongside the biggest local sports club? Why not have our coaches running courses for all the local junior team coaches? Where are the pre-season fitness routines for local amateur teams? Does the club shop sell discounted junior club strips?
Its our 100the league centenary next season, will there be mugs?

Sorry, ranting again, the club is moribund.
Player sponsorship on 19:58 - May 18 with 2137 viewsblackdogblue

Player sponsorship on 19:55 - May 18 by 49thseason

200 sponsors / 25games @ 30 seconds each (assuming some micky mouse cup games etc) = 4 mins per game , 2m at the start of 1/2 time and 2m in the middle. The Programme might need to go to 80 pp is that a problem ? how much would it add to the print cost? 5% I'm not suggesting every sponsor gets adverts every game, that would be silly. My suggestion would also whet the appetite for more companies to advertise on the screen. If it works we are going to need bigger screens and more of them.

Longer term we should be encouraging companies to turn their programme adverts into vouchers so that people who buy a programme might be able to save a few quid by using a voucher from a sponsor. If it works we are going to need a bigger programme

At the moment the whole sales / marketing thrust is about people sponsoring their local football team, there isn't much that they get back from the club, But if that could become a two way street... the club promoting companies who promote the club. the dynamic changes into a virtuous circle. Football clubs create interest and excitement, what company wouldn't like to be involved if their brand can be promoted and their business enhanced by association. If RAFC can develop reciprocal relationships ie sales and marketing opportunities with 200 companies , how many more might want to get involved, there are, I believe, about 7000 in Rochdale, probably double that if you count surrounding areas.

The club has to make its facilities work for their sponsors, advertising opportunities, on screens, in the programme , on their website, in their bars and conference facilities at their pre match lunches, at their morning business breakfasts, and with the thousands of supporters and well-wishers in the catchment area they could become a vital cog in the renewal of the town and the club

What does the club do for the 100s of local sports and social clubs? What expertise could they pass on to them? Why isn't there a Rochdale sports lottery where local clubs can sell tickets and make money alongside the biggest local sports club? Why not have our coaches running courses for all the local junior team coaches? Where are the pre-season fitness routines for local amateur teams? Does the club shop sell discounted junior club strips?

I have withdrawn my application for the scoreboard job 😀

Player sponsorship on 21:03 - May 18 with 2069 viewsTVOS1907

Player sponsorship on 19:55 - May 18 by 49thseason

Thanks

I'm not sure about the programme costs, as that's something the club deal with, but it can be investigated.

From my own perspective, I wouldn't want extra pages that weren't guaranteed to be filled every issue, as I will have enough to do with what's already there on top of my 'normal' day job.

Have you contacted the club's marketing department with your other ideas? Perhaps try to arrange some form of meeting, whether in person or remotely. Might be worth a try.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 21:12]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Player sponsorship on 21:53 - May 18 with 1993 viewsBrierls

The direction of the thread on Twitter has to be seen to be believed.

The culture in that boardroom is toxic. It’s not just one individual.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 21:55]
Player sponsorship on 22:03 - May 18 with 1968 viewsSandyman

Player sponsorship on 19:58 - May 18 by blackdogblue

I have withdrawn my application for the scoreboard job 😀

Only 'cos Humphrey won't let you do it virtually from the Black Dog.
Player sponsorship on 22:08 - May 18 with 1952 viewsSandyman

Player sponsorship on 21:53 - May 18 by Brierls

True. Don't use Twitter but I've been directed towards that thread. How not to encourage business by accusing a paying customer who you have established communications with as being a troll. Madness.
Player sponsorship on 22:12 - May 18 with 1939 viewsjudd

Player sponsorship on 22:08 - May 18 by Sandyman

True. Don't use Twitter but I've been directed towards that thread. How not to encourage business by accusing a paying customer who you have established communications with as being a troll. Madness.

Come on, he has clearly made that letter up and his Twitter account just to try and cause trouble.

Tsk

Poll: What is it to be then?

Player sponsorship on 22:25 - May 18 with 1900 views442Dale

Really feel sorry for those who are doing their best at the club right now.

Sincerely hope they can take a step back and ask “why?”. To defend the indefensible and to justify the unjustifiable is both time consuming and taxing.

But they know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Player sponsorship on 22:27 - May 18 with 1892 viewsSandyman

Player sponsorship on 22:12 - May 18 by judd

Come on, he has clearly made that letter up and his Twitter account just to try and cause trouble.

Tsk

Curses. Fell for it again. I'm so gullible.
Player sponsorship on 22:32 - May 18 with 1863 viewsfunkkk

That Twitter thread is ridiculous! It’s embarrassing being a Rochdale fan at the moment.
Player sponsorship on 22:34 - May 18 with 1851 viewsIOMDale

Player sponsorship on 21:53 - May 18 by Brierls

I genuinely had to read that Twitter thread twice over to make sure I hadn’t missed something insulting or off-topic. The obvious cut-and-paste nature of the letter itself and Frances’ apparent amnesia show complete disregard for sponsors who the club should be fawning over, to a degree.

Flabbergasted.

Edit: Just realised I wrote insomnia instead of amnesia - in need of sleep myself last night!
[Post edited 19 May 2021 11:38]

UTDNFS

Player sponsorship on 01:32 - May 19 with 1704 viewsKnowlesy

It's disgraceful. To wade in on the conversation online and then throw the word harassment around beggars belief.

It really is a piss poor letter, too. The only things that need changing from letter to letter are the names and they haven't even managed to do that.
Player sponsorship on 01:50 - May 19 with 1685 viewskel

Well I’d love to read that Twitter thread but I’ve been blocked by Frances, presumably for quoting her tweet on this thread. From having no axe at all to grind with her she can go on the list of people at the club who think they are superior to the club’s supporters.

Pathetic, Frances. Absolutely pathetic.
Player sponsorship on 02:13 - May 19 with 1662 viewsSandyman

Player sponsorship on 01:50 - May 19 by kel

Well I’d love to read that Twitter thread but I’ve been blocked by Frances, presumably for quoting her tweet on this thread. From having no axe at all to grind with her she can go on the list of people at the club who think they are superior to the club’s supporters.

Pathetic, Frances. Absolutely pathetic.

Don't use Twitter Kel, but this is what I've copied. Misses the original letter from Frances to a paying sponsor but... me and other will be in touch :D

Hi Frances. This is news to me too. You made no mention of it in our emails about renewing our sponsorship, or in the letter sent with the shirt. When I queried the price rise you offered to reduce the cost by removing the hospitality, not the other way round.
Frances Fielding
@FrancesFielding
·
6h
I have no idea who you are, sorry.
James Dickinson
@misterdickinson
·
5h
I’m surprised at that, given you’ve been emailing me and writing to me and I tweet under my real name.
Frances Fielding
@FrancesFielding
·
5h
I’ve no idea who you are. Could you please stop trolling me.
James Dickinson
@misterdickinson
·
5h
Frances, I am genuinely unsure as to whether you’re being funny as we have been in direct contact this week via email and post. I joined in a public conversation on twitter in which you made statements that weren’t true in my experience of interacting with you.That’s not trolling
Frances Fielding
@FrancesFielding
·
5h
Please stop messaging me
Hi Frances. This is news to me too. You made no mention of it in our emails about renewing our sponsorship, or in the letter sent with the shirt. When I queried the price rise you offered to reduce the cost by removing the hospitality, not the other way round.
Frances Fielding
@FrancesFielding
·
6h
I have no idea who you are, sorry.

ad infinitum
[Post edited 19 May 2021 2:17]
Player sponsorship on 02:20 - May 19 with 1657 viewskel

Cheers, managed to read it by using the mobile Twitter version. The supporter she is accusing of trolling is 100% a Dale fan and was nothing but polite to her. In fact he’s one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet. To claim she doesn’t know him (especially given their correspondence this week) is absolutely staggering. If she’s going to jump on a thread she isn’t even tagged in then she needs to develop a thicker skin for when people will inevitably reply to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024