Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player sponsorship 14:12 - May 15 with 21302 viewsscooby

Just had my shirt through from my player sponsor this year. Interestingly they will be increasing the price of sponsorship to £500+vat… I won’t be partaking this year not as things currently stand.

Wonder what else is going to increase in price?
Player sponsorship on 06:34 - May 19 with 2727 viewsdawlishdale

What an absolute car crash the club has become under Bottomley. And the other Directors are guilty because they just stood by and watched.

This is but the latest example of someone being completely out of their depth when it comes to marketing, and then for Frances to get involved on Twitter shows that the problem isn't confined to just the one person but has filtered down through the club.

I suppose if all 200 sponsorship packages were sold, it might just about cover one persons salary eh Dave?

Would be genuinely interested to see what Suffolkdale, Frites and 56years think of this.
Player sponsorship on 06:51 - May 19 with 2703 viewskel

Player sponsorship on 06:34 - May 19 by dawlishdale

What an absolute car crash the club has become under Bottomley. And the other Directors are guilty because they just stood by and watched.

This is but the latest example of someone being completely out of their depth when it comes to marketing, and then for Frances to get involved on Twitter shows that the problem isn't confined to just the one person but has filtered down through the club.

I suppose if all 200 sponsorship packages were sold, it might just about cover one persons salary eh Dave?

Would be genuinely interested to see what Suffolkdale, Frites and 56years think of this.

This is the sort of stuff we used to see at bury and it’s hugely embarrassing.

The most worrying thing is that this won’t even raise an eyebrow at the club. It will be brushed off as trouble causers on social media and everyone will just get on with their job as normal (DB works the hardest though, don’t you know). They have history with club employees being disrespectful to supporters on Twitter remember.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 6:51]
Player sponsorship on 08:13 - May 19 with 2584 viewsRAFCBLUE

Player sponsorship on 06:34 - May 19 by dawlishdale

I don't think you can call it a full car crash yet.

We still have to come:
1) The released list. BBM has made his recommendations he noted on Radio Bolton and the list has been confirmed to the FA under the rules. What will it say when it is announced to supporters?
2) The financial position. The accounts for 31 May 2020 have been completed by Nick Grindrod and Tony Pockley and are known by the Board. They have been posted to shareholders I understand ahead of the AGM. What will they say when they are released to the public domain?
3) Season tickets. We seemingly either do not know or do not want to share our season ticket strategy for 2021/22. Based on the sponsorship packages we look like some hefty price increases to attend games in person namely to pay for (a) the extensive pitch costs and the debt associated with that (b) the ticketing system and (c) the reduced overall attendances and TV income from League 2 vs League 1 football.

The test for all at the club is where we are at the end of October 2021.

My fear is we are next season's Southend.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Player sponsorship on 08:18 - May 19 with 2567 viewsRotherhamDale

That exchange is bizarre to say the least.

Possession with progression.

Player sponsorship on 08:32 - May 19 with 2539 viewsRAFCBLUE

Player sponsorship on 21:53 - May 18 by Brierls

The direction of the thread on Twitter has to be seen to be believed.

The culture in that boardroom is toxic. It’s not just one individual.
[Post edited 18 May 2021 21:55]

Deeply worrying when an obvious Dale fan and current manager writes to the Commercial Manager with:

"This is news to me too. You made no mention of it in our emails about renewing sponsorship, or in the letter sent with the shirt. When I queried the price rise you offered to reduce the cost by removing the hospitality and not the other way round."

The Commercial Manager replies:
"I have no idea who you are, sorry"

The correspondent then replies:
"I'm surprised at that, given you've been emailing me and writing to me and I tweet under my real name."

Truly scandalous behaviour and evidence of a club completely out of touch with the feelings of its supporters.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Player sponsorship on 08:54 - May 19 with 2495 viewselectricblue

Player sponsorship on 08:13 - May 19 by RAFCBLUE

I don't think you can call it a full car crash yet.

We still have to come:
1) The released list. BBM has made his recommendations he noted on Radio Bolton and the list has been confirmed to the FA under the rules. What will it say when it is announced to supporters?
2) The financial position. The accounts for 31 May 2020 have been completed by Nick Grindrod and Tony Pockley and are known by the Board. They have been posted to shareholders I understand ahead of the AGM. What will they say when they are released to the public domain?
3) Season tickets. We seemingly either do not know or do not want to share our season ticket strategy for 2021/22. Based on the sponsorship packages we look like some hefty price increases to attend games in person namely to pay for (a) the extensive pitch costs and the debt associated with that (b) the ticketing system and (c) the reduced overall attendances and TV income from League 2 vs League 1 football.

The test for all at the club is where we are at the end of October 2021.

My fear is we are next season's Southend.

The club will have to be extremely careful in their forthcoming pricing policies with regards to the ST and those who pay at the turn style..
Get this wrong at it spells disaster for the club long term.

Some people will pay whatever regardless but many other people have a limit and if that limit is reached or goes past that amount they may never be seen again at the COA...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Player sponsorship on 09:04 - May 19 with 2459 viewsKnowlesy

Player sponsorship on 08:54 - May 19 by electricblue

The club will have to be extremely careful in their forthcoming pricing policies with regards to the ST and those who pay at the turn style..
Get this wrong at it spells disaster for the club long term.

Some people will pay whatever regardless but many other people have a limit and if that limit is reached or goes past that amount they may never be seen again at the COA...

Wouldn't be surprised if it was announced that season tickets will go up to £750, but this will include a hot meal at every match, your name in the programme and a belly rub before every game. There will be a cheaper option that doesn't include all of this but you have to tweet the club to be told about it, but you still won't be told what it actually is.
Player sponsorship on 09:06 - May 19 with 2454 viewsQuigley_dale

Player sponsorship on 09:04 - May 19 by Knowlesy

Wouldn't be surprised if it was announced that season tickets will go up to £750, but this will include a hot meal at every match, your name in the programme and a belly rub before every game. There will be a cheaper option that doesn't include all of this but you have to tweet the club to be told about it, but you still won't be told what it actually is.

Will the belly rub be from Taylor Swift?
Login to get fewer ads

Player sponsorship on 09:29 - May 19 with 2404 viewsJames1980

What were season ticket prices for the 2012/13 season

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Player sponsorship on 09:34 - May 19 with 2385 viewskel

Player sponsorship on 09:06 - May 19 by Quigley_dale

Will the belly rub be from Taylor Swift?

Join the trust and find out
Player sponsorship on 10:44 - May 19 with 2249 viewsCedar_Room

if that Twitter exchange is representative of what's going on at the club then things are far worse than I realised.
She replies to a tweet that neither she nor the club were tagged into, talking in her official capacity as though she's representing the club ("our sponsorship package") then when she gets some replies showing that none of this tallies up - rather than try to explain she accuses people of trolling and harassing her?? absolute disgrace I have no idea who this woman is and have never dealt with her before but failing to respond to fans/customers questions is bad enough but to turn around what was entirely rational and reasonable discussions into an attack with baseless accusations of online harassment is completely out of order. This just makes me more thankful that I have joined the Dale Trust for the first time as I'm not going to keep sitting back and let the club turn to shit.
Player sponsorship on 10:50 - May 19 with 2242 viewsjudd

"Eoghan O'Connell's Away kit"

"Please find enclosed Eoghen's signed , match worn shirt"

"If you would like to sponsor Ollie next season..."

Poll: What is it to be then?

Player sponsorship on 11:07 - May 19 with 2195 viewsSuddenLad

Player sponsorship on 10:50 - May 19 by judd

It's too incompetent for words. I was actually shocked when I read that letter. It shows how far standards have fallen i in recent times.

Does anyone actually supervise what goes on? Who read that before it was shoved in an envelope?

Failure at all levels of administration.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Player sponsorship on 11:12 - May 19 with 2178 viewselectricblue

Is Olly Lancashire coming back then....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Player sponsorship on 11:33 - May 19 with 2116 viewsblackdogblue

Player sponsorship on 10:44 - May 19 by Cedar_Room

if that Twitter exchange is representative of what's going on at the club then things are far worse than I realised.
She replies to a tweet that neither she nor the club were tagged into, talking in her official capacity as though she's representing the club ("our sponsorship package") then when she gets some replies showing that none of this tallies up - rather than try to explain she accuses people of trolling and harassing her?? absolute disgrace I have no idea who this woman is and have never dealt with her before but failing to respond to fans/customers questions is bad enough but to turn around what was entirely rational and reasonable discussions into an attack with baseless accusations of online harassment is completely out of order. This just makes me more thankful that I have joined the Dale Trust for the first time as I'm not going to keep sitting back and let the club turn to shit.

Personally I have always found Frances to be polite & very helpful on the odd occasion I have spoken to her and has done a lot in trying to promote & advertise the club..

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes at the moment & could be stressing everyone out.. see the club has a Mental Health First Aider now, might be a busy job...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Player sponsorship on 11:33 - May 19 with 2117 viewsDaleFan7

Every day you log onto and refresh a thread on here and it just highlights another/growing incompetency at the club. If you didn't laugh, you'd cry.

As for a club employee to be arguing with people on Twitter to a thread that they nor the club were tagged in, to then accuse people with proof of their concerns as 'trolling' is just a joke. If I did that with my employer I'd be out of the door. Also, if they're not willing to address the concerns of those with proof then they shouldn't allow their signatures to be put on correspondence. Doesn't matter who sent it, they're responsible for it.

As someone else on the thread has said and has been mentioned before, I really do worry we are this year's Southend.
Player sponsorship on 12:17 - May 19 with 2000 viewsJames1980

Will the trust be getting involved regarding a fan being accused of being a troll.

Player sponsorship on 12:21 - May 19 with 1987 viewsjudd

Player sponsorship on 12:17 - May 19 by James1980

Will the trust be getting involved regarding a fan being accused of being a troll.

Only if they know who you are.

Sorry.

TBH it's better than being called a peado, eh Kel?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Player sponsorship on 12:23 - May 19 with 1983 viewskel

Player sponsorship on 12:17 - May 19 by James1980

You’re assuming the club would even care if they did. Don’t forget that a club employee referred to this forum’s users as “peados” (sic) and was never even spoken to about it.

They do as they please and it’s tough shit if we don’t like it.
Player sponsorship on 12:24 - May 19 with 1980 viewskel

Player sponsorship on 12:21 - May 19 by judd

Sorry.

Heh, you type quicker than me.
Player sponsorship on 12:45 - May 19 with 1892 viewsD_Alien

Early disclosure that Eoghan/Eoghen won't be available for sponsorship next season?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Player sponsorship on 12:48 - May 19 with 1874 viewsJames1980

Player sponsorship on 12:23 - May 19 by kel

You’re assuming the club would even care if they did. Don’t forget that a club employee referred to this forum’s users as “peados” (sic) and was never even spoken to about it.

Ah so are we going to hear about someone's twitter account being hacked then.

Player sponsorship on 13:03 - May 19 with 1805 viewsToffeemanc

Player sponsorship on 12:21 - May 19 by judd

Sorry.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Player sponsorship on 14:39 - May 19 with 1606 viewsDaleiLama

Player sponsorship on 13:03 - May 19 by Toffeemanc

How about when SC requests come around they are marked "returned to sender - I have no idea who you are" subject to us still have the same mis-management team in charge by then?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Player sponsorship on 14:41 - May 19 with 1594 viewsDaleiLama

Player sponsorship on 12:23 - May 19 by kel

Are you sure he wasn't plugging a certain brand of budgie smugglers?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024