Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player sponsorship 14:12 - May 15 with 21310 viewsscooby

Just had my shirt through from my player sponsor this year. Interestingly they will be increasing the price of sponsorship to £500+vat… I won’t be partaking this year not as things currently stand.

Wonder what else is going to increase in price?
Player sponsorship on 14:54 - May 19 with 2912 viewsDale27

Can anyone link the Twitter post for me please?

I’m not a Twitter user.
Player sponsorship on 14:56 - May 19 with 2898 viewsjudd

Player sponsorship on 14:54 - May 19 by Dale27

Can anyone link the Twitter post for me please?

I’m not a Twitter user.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Player sponsorship on 15:47 - May 19 with 2770 viewsDale27

Player sponsorship on 14:56 - May 19 by judd

Thanks Judd.

Astonishing, but hardly surprising in the present...
Player sponsorship on 16:24 - May 19 with 2702 viewsReedy

Player sponsorship on 14:56 - May 19 by judd

Wow, I mean where do you start?

I don’t except Frances to know every sponsor by name, but anyone in any sales role would double check before going onto social media to ask to stop being trolled by a customer!!

Spelling the name of the club captain wrong, and then saying would you like to sponsor him next season? Only problem is that it says Ollie not Eoghan. Before I send anything off official at work, I take a couple of minutes to proof read it, and trust me it saved me some interesting conversations over the years!! It’s not hard, it’s pretty basic, but too much for those at Rochdale.

Just when you think they can’t sink any lower, they do. This isn’t buryesque anymore, it’s Rochdaleesque now, and it gets worse with every passing week.

Blog: The FA Cup

Player sponsorship on 19:21 - May 19 with 2494 viewsblackdogblue

Player sponsorship on 16:24 - May 19 by Reedy

I don’t except Frances to know every sponsor by name, but anyone in any sales role would double check before going onto social media to ask to stop being trolled by a customer!!

Spelling the name of the club captain wrong, and then saying would you like to sponsor him next season? Only problem is that it says Ollie not Eoghan. Before I send anything off official at work, I take a couple of minutes to proof read it, and trust me it saved me some interesting conversations over the years!! It’s not hard, it’s pretty basic, but too much for those at Rochdale.

Just when you think they can’t sink any lower, they do. This isn’t buryesque anymore, it’s Rochdaleesque now, and it gets worse with every passing week.

Think this has been way out of proportion here....

Every time someone gets a response they can pick some holes in, let’s make it a big deal...

Have read the tweets obviously & tbh not on my top 20 issues I would raise at an EGM/AGM...

Frances is doing a job under difficult Covid circumstances.... drop it, delete the thread & move on FFS...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Player sponsorship on 21:48 - May 19 with 2326 viewsDaleFan7

Player sponsorship on 19:21 - May 19 by blackdogblue

Every time someone gets a response they can pick some holes in, let’s make it a big deal...

Have read the tweets obviously & tbh not on my top 20 issues I would raise at an EGM/AGM...

Frances is doing a job under difficult Covid circumstances.... drop it, delete the thread & move on FFS...

The club is trying to attract sponsors and ups the amount with no communication of these apparent other options. Can’t spell the club captain’s name right, can’t reference in the correct player in the next paragraph and then a senior club employee starts arguing and accusing of trolling on a post neither they nor the club were even tagged in.

Definitely hasn’t been blown of out proportion. You pay that much, how do you know the club is going to get your advert right on the scoreboard or in TVOS if they can’t get the letter right asking you to carry on your sponsorship? Do you want your business associated with someone who starts having a Barney on Twitter when a genuine ‘customer’ voices concerns backed up with evidence?
Player sponsorship on 21:56 - May 19 with 2281 viewsTVOS1907

Player sponsorship on 21:48 - May 19 by DaleFan7

The club is trying to attract sponsors and ups the amount with no communication of these apparent other options. Can’t spell the club captain’s name right, can’t reference in the correct player in the next paragraph and then a senior club employee starts arguing and accusing of trolling on a post neither they nor the club were even tagged in.

Definitely hasn’t been blown of out proportion. You pay that much, how do you know the club is going to get your advert right on the scoreboard or in TVOS if they can’t get the letter right asking you to carry on your sponsorship? Do you want your business associated with someone who starts having a Barney on Twitter when a genuine ‘customer’ voices concerns backed up with evidence?

Companies provide their own artwork for adverts in TVOS.

If something has to be written or designed at this end, take it from me, it will be right.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Player sponsorship on 22:01 - May 19 with 2263 viewsDickster

Player sponsorship on 16:24 - May 19 by Reedy

Start by proof reading your own post? But I expect you did that.
Login to get fewer ads

Player sponsorship on 22:23 - May 19 with 2203 viewsCockneyDale

Player sponsorship on 19:21 - May 19 by blackdogblue

I agree - there are definitely more important concerns to be raised at the AGM/EGM. I also agree that Frances is in a role under difficult circumstances, though that is far from a unique situation.

It was just a simple reply to an ongoing conversation and I had no idea or intention that it would blow up in the way it has. Thank you for all the unsolicited (emphasised, lest anyone should accuse me of encouraging replies) support I received on twitter and on here. I can count on one hand the number of you I know in any way in real life, so this was very much appreciated.

It didn't need to blow up. I identified myself as a sponsor in my initial tweet and my full name is there for all to see on my twitter account. It felt disrespectful to be told by Frances she has no idea who I was, so of course I explained. I wouldn't expect Frances to necessarily remember the name of every person she deals with over the course of a week, but it would have been so much easier and caused much less fuss for her to simply type my name into her inbox or sent items and inform herself. The further denials were dismissive, inflammatory, unnecessary and only added insult to injury. I'm far from a major sponsor and certainly don't want to be fawned over, as so someone made mention somewhere, but a little respect would go a long way. I hadn't intended to share my letter as I didn't expect it to be necessary, but even when faced with a photo of it she dismissively accused me of harassing her: I was only trying to prove my identity in the face of her repeated denials.

To be accused of being a troll was just bizarre. I was only polite and not offensive: all my tweets are still there to be read. Frances herself created the conversation by replying to a tweet that did not mention the club, did not tag the club, did not mention her and did not tag her. For those not familiar with Twitter, she must have actively sought out this tweet and then chose to respond to it. In short, she initiated the conversation. Frances did ask me to stop and I acknowledge that I did, but then when she continued replying to other people, replied again.

The actual issue raised by my tweet and by those already in the conversation with Frances is concerning to me, as it speaks to an attitude towards fans and sponsors alike. As all have now seen, the letter from the Club clearly states that the player sponsorship package has increased in price, specifically due to the sponsor's logo on the scoreboard. There is no mention of there being levels of sponsorship: it is simply 'this is the new price and this is why'. When asked about the price rise, Frances wrote "The details of our player sponsorship packages will be advertised soon. We have simply informed existing customers of the additional package" and in another tweet "There are different levels of sponsorship, we haven't even announced them yet." To not mention to existing sponsors that there are going to be other packages that don't involve a 42% increase in cost - seemingly in the hope that they'll pay for them anyway - is disingenuous at best and deceitful at worst. This is what concerns me - it is disrespectful towards those who support the Club financially. It is also short-termist as anyone who had paid the £500+VAT and then later felt they had been misled when other packages are subsequently announced would, I doubt, be inclined to dip their hands in their pocket the following year.

Frances described this as "upselling" in a since-deleted tweet. It is not. Upselling is when the customer has the option to remain purchasing the same item, but one tries to encourage them to buy something further in addition. What we are seeing here is simply putting the price up, justified by adding something to the package. As presented in the Club's letter, there is no alternative. To find otherwise, in Frances' tweets, is galling.

I don't wish a pile-on on anyone. Sadly, I don't expect an apology from the Club for calling me a troll and insulting me and my support (though it would be welcome). What I look forward to is happier times for our Club.

Up The Dale!
Player sponsorship on 22:36 - May 19 with 2159 viewsjudd

Player sponsorship on 22:23 - May 19 by CockneyDale

I agree - there are definitely more important concerns to be raised at the AGM/EGM. I also agree that Frances is in a role under difficult circumstances, though that is far from a unique situation.

It was just a simple reply to an ongoing conversation and I had no idea or intention that it would blow up in the way it has. Thank you for all the unsolicited (emphasised, lest anyone should accuse me of encouraging replies) support I received on twitter and on here. I can count on one hand the number of you I know in any way in real life, so this was very much appreciated.

It didn't need to blow up. I identified myself as a sponsor in my initial tweet and my full name is there for all to see on my twitter account. It felt disrespectful to be told by Frances she has no idea who I was, so of course I explained. I wouldn't expect Frances to necessarily remember the name of every person she deals with over the course of a week, but it would have been so much easier and caused much less fuss for her to simply type my name into her inbox or sent items and inform herself. The further denials were dismissive, inflammatory, unnecessary and only added insult to injury. I'm far from a major sponsor and certainly don't want to be fawned over, as so someone made mention somewhere, but a little respect would go a long way. I hadn't intended to share my letter as I didn't expect it to be necessary, but even when faced with a photo of it she dismissively accused me of harassing her: I was only trying to prove my identity in the face of her repeated denials.

To be accused of being a troll was just bizarre. I was only polite and not offensive: all my tweets are still there to be read. Frances herself created the conversation by replying to a tweet that did not mention the club, did not tag the club, did not mention her and did not tag her. For those not familiar with Twitter, she must have actively sought out this tweet and then chose to respond to it. In short, she initiated the conversation. Frances did ask me to stop and I acknowledge that I did, but then when she continued replying to other people, replied again.

The actual issue raised by my tweet and by those already in the conversation with Frances is concerning to me, as it speaks to an attitude towards fans and sponsors alike. As all have now seen, the letter from the Club clearly states that the player sponsorship package has increased in price, specifically due to the sponsor's logo on the scoreboard. There is no mention of there being levels of sponsorship: it is simply 'this is the new price and this is why'. When asked about the price rise, Frances wrote "The details of our player sponsorship packages will be advertised soon. We have simply informed existing customers of the additional package" and in another tweet "There are different levels of sponsorship, we haven't even announced them yet." To not mention to existing sponsors that there are going to be other packages that don't involve a 42% increase in cost - seemingly in the hope that they'll pay for them anyway - is disingenuous at best and deceitful at worst. This is what concerns me - it is disrespectful towards those who support the Club financially. It is also short-termist as anyone who had paid the £500+VAT and then later felt they had been misled when other packages are subsequently announced would, I doubt, be inclined to dip their hands in their pocket the following year.

Frances described this as "upselling" in a since-deleted tweet. It is not. Upselling is when the customer has the option to remain purchasing the same item, but one tries to encourage them to buy something further in addition. What we are seeing here is simply putting the price up, justified by adding something to the package. As presented in the Club's letter, there is no alternative. To find otherwise, in Frances' tweets, is galling.

I don't wish a pile-on on anyone. Sadly, I don't expect an apology from the Club for calling me a troll and insulting me and my support (though it would be welcome). What I look forward to is happier times for our Club.

Up The Dale!

Please do not forget that the club employee responding in such an inordinate manner is a Director.

With that title comes responsibility, not just a hastily printed business card.

Player sponsorship on 22:36 - May 19 with 2158 viewsDaleFan7

Player sponsorship on 21:56 - May 19 by TVOS1907

Companies provide their own artwork for adverts in TVOS.

If something has to be written or designed at this end, take it from me, it will be right.

Wasn't a dig at you, apologies if it came across that way!

Wasn't sure how the passing on of sponsor data etc would be done. If club gave you something incorrect, couldn't be blamed on you for putting it in that way.
Player sponsorship on 23:45 - May 19 with 2021 viewsRAFCBLUE

Player sponsorship on 22:36 - May 19 by judd

Please do not forget that the club employee responding in such an inordinate manner is a Director.

I believe the HR term judd is "gross misconduct"

I defy any poster on here to go to work a retail workplace and call a paying customer a "troll" without there being a consequence. Below is from a HR website about social media issues.

Offending Customers

Businesses that provide direct services or goods to customers may be concerned about an employee’s tweets offending potential customers. An employer who finds offensive, obscene or threatening tweets or other social media messages may choose to terminate an employee on this basis. This may occur even if the employee did not identify himself or herself with the employer on the account. If an employee’s account is not set to private and is in the public domain, anyone — including potential customers — can see these messages. If the messages are viewed in a potentially offensive manner, this can potentially be grounds for termination.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 7:14]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Player sponsorship on 06:16 - May 20 with 1918 viewsJames1980

If fans are now being seen as customers, correct me if I am wrong, isn't there a big focus on customer retention in businesses these days?
[Post edited 20 May 2021 6:17]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Player sponsorship on 06:25 - May 20 with 1894 viewsNewbury_Dale

Are you renewing Cockney Dale or not ?
Player sponsorship on 08:07 - May 20 with 1789 viewsnordenblue

Player sponsorship on 22:36 - May 19 by judd

There seems to be a couple of them...,inept and currently sat on easy street at the club
[Post edited 20 May 2021 8:07]
Player sponsorship on 08:24 - May 20 with 1761 viewsDaleiLama

What this club needs now is a proper, decent, hands-on Chairman to sort this unholy clusterfvck out. Moribund was used recently to describe the current status quo. If anything it's got worse since.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Player sponsorship on 08:40 - May 20 with 1726 viewsDalenet

The way this has been handled is disappointing. That there is no doubt. Francis should just apologise and we should move on.

The scoreboard was bought by our dearest super fan. He wanted us to enjoy it. For years we have talked about how we might have a scoreboard and how we might pay for it through sponsorship or advertising. Now we have one and the club has decided we need somebody to operate it (at a cost). In their wisdom the club has decided that player sponsorship might contribute to that cost. I think we all agree that the scoreboard operating costs have to be found somehow. The Marketing Director may have communicated the sponsorship package very badly, and she probably did hope that these would sell without the need for a second or third class option, but it has backfired. But the club does need to find a way to pay for the running costs of the scoreboard
Player sponsorship on 09:14 - May 20 with 1674 viewsjudd

Player sponsorship on 08:40 - May 20 by Dalenet

The way this has been handled is disappointing. That there is no doubt. Francis should just apologise and we should move on.

The scoreboard was bought by our dearest super fan. He wanted us to enjoy it. For years we have talked about how we might have a scoreboard and how we might pay for it through sponsorship or advertising. Now we have one and the club has decided we need somebody to operate it (at a cost). In their wisdom the club has decided that player sponsorship might contribute to that cost. I think we all agree that the scoreboard operating costs have to be found somehow. The Marketing Director may have communicated the sponsorship package very badly, and she probably did hope that these would sell without the need for a second or third class option, but it has backfired. But the club does need to find a way to pay for the running costs of the scoreboard

Forgive my ignorance, but that sounds like we bought a car without realising we needed to pay for the fuel.

Why don't we approach Hopwood Hall media students to operate it?

Player sponsorship on 09:22 - May 20 with 1660 viewsJames1980

Like so many other things this could have been handle so differently and so much better.

Player sponsorship on 09:35 - May 20 with 1646 viewsDaleiLama

Player sponsorship on 09:22 - May 20 by James1980

Like so many other things this could have been handle so differently and so much better.

.............. and we all know whose door that leads back to.

Player sponsorship on 09:37 - May 20 with 1637 viewsLeeBrookfield

Player sponsorship on 13:03 - May 19 by Toffeemanc

We should get T-Shirts made of this and sell them on the Dale Trust site. Put me down for one
Player sponsorship on 09:43 - May 20 with 1626 viewsJames1980

Player sponsorship on 09:35 - May 20 by DaleiLama

.............. and we all know whose door that leads back to.

It does make me think the accusations of trolling are because that individual has said that it is only a few disgruntled 'trolls' online that are dissatisfied with the current state of affairs.

Player sponsorship on 10:01 - May 20 with 1574 views49thseason

Player sponsorship on 09:43 - May 20 by James1980

It does make me think the accusations of trolling are because that individual has said that it is only a few disgruntled 'trolls' online that are dissatisfied with the current state of affairs.

Perhaps if someone would come clean and explain exactly is going on inside our club, there would be fewer people trying to join random dots in an attempt to try and figure it out. So for example if the club is short staffed because they cant afford to pay extra people and we knew that was the case, there might be more allowances made for the occasional mistake. The dissonance comes from the seemingly weekly job vacancies being advertised and the general deafening silence on important issues, coupled with seemingly contradictory statements.
Clearly the scale of the fan's unrest is starting to get to people, which indicates a lack of clarity and leadership. Decisions seem to be being made on the hoof and the lack of a coherent strategy is apparent. Lashing out at customers and becoming defensive is the last thing we all need. This is where a Chairman would normally step in and make a clear statement of intent. " we will start next season with a team capable of competing at the top of the table. We have stabilised the finances and look forward to seeing fans back in the stadium" would be a good start.
If the atmosphere has become as toxic as seems possible we are in deep trouble and the club needs to rally the troops as quickly as possible.
Player sponsorship on 11:04 - May 20 with 1457 viewsDaleiLama

Player sponsorship on 09:43 - May 20 by James1980

A few disgruntled trolls? The vote of confidence poll has 109 wanting a new CEO and 1 wanting him(self?) to stay. I imagine the 109 would be higher if the poll was pinned (not a criticism) but it has now slipped to p4 so may not be seen by posters who visit infrequently. If anyone at the club thinks "a few" fans are currently disgruntled, then that view is even more ostrich-like than already feared. It would not come as a surprise either.

Player sponsorship on 11:09 - May 20 with 1438 viewsD_Alien

The club employs a Media Officer, Greg Jones

If he's any good, wouldn't he be the obvious person to operate the scoreboard. Most of the content would be pre-programmed prior to match day. No doubt someone will point out he's got 'other duties' (e.g. the club's Twitter account) as if someone in that role shouldn't easily be capable of multi-tasking as second nature these days; or simply prioritise the scoreboard

Its unconscionable of the club that a huge positive from Cloughie's legacy has turned into a bone of contention, and entirely unnecessary. Imo, a further nail in the coffin of current leadership; i hope they're reading this

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024