Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham 20:08 - May 18 with 1137 viewssaint22

Good god Antonio will have a field day with all that space torun into ffs

Will Ralph toss a coin to choose keepers this weekend??

West Ham on 20:19 - May 18 with 1127 viewsI_would

Get yer cash on WH we've lost already.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

West Ham on 20:25 - May 18 with 1106 viewsIngskneeslide

saint22 logs off, i_would logs on
West Ham on 20:32 - May 18 with 1093 viewsI_would

West Ham on 20:25 - May 18 by Ingskneeslide

Nick can easily check sign on IP's so that would be goodbye Ingsknee (and a couple of 'mates'.) I would is within all rules of course.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

West Ham on 20:49 - May 18 with 1066 viewssaint22

West Ham on 20:25 - May 18 by Ingskneeslide

Oh do be quiet weirdo Del TCM
West Ham on 23:10 - May 18 with 1021 viewsMattFinish

Saint22 good day for you. You can really have a whinge cos thankfully we lost
Go out a buy some incontinence pads
West Ham on 23:27 - May 18 with 1013 viewsRon11

West Ham on 23:10 - May 18 by MattFinish

Saint22 good day for you. You can really have a whinge cos thankfully we lost
Go out a buy some incontinence pads

It's not the actual loss.
If they had gone down fighting or put in a positive performance it would have been fair enough.
McCarthy never seems able to cover the near post, but the second goal was even more embarrassing. Two midfielders, Armstrong and JWP back in the box trying to defend, with no sign of Vestergaard, Stephens, Walker- Peters or Salisu.
You could suggest this is not the fault of the manager, but ultimately it's his responsibility.
Look at Leeds when Saints came forward. Well organised back in defence, very difficult for Saints to even get a sniff, while we were mostly a fu cking shambles at the back in the second half.
West Ham on 09:26 - May 19 with 894 viewsMytchettSaint

West Ham on 23:27 - May 18 by Ron11

If they had gone down fighting or put in a positive performance it would have been fair enough.
McCarthy never seems able to cover the near post, but the second goal was even more embarrassing. Two midfielders, Armstrong and JWP back in the box trying to defend, with no sign of Vestergaard, Stephens, Walker- Peters or Salisu.
You could suggest this is not the fault of the manager, but ultimately it's his responsibility.
Look at Leeds when Saints came forward. Well organised back in defence, very difficult for Saints to even get a sniff, while we were mostly a fu cking shambles at the back in the second half.

I certainly agree with much of your last paragraph.

I thought every time Vestergaard or Salisu carried the ball forward from defence yesterday Leeds were not quite sure how to defend that and seemed to back off. They were quick to know what to do when we invariably coughed up possession time and again on the edges of their box and that was attack and break quickly with central defenders out of position. In fairness we were one down and chasing the game but we never looked like scoring.
Leeds were organised at the back and very physical which made the change of Adams for Ings at halftime slightly confusing - but this is Ralph and substitutions we’re talking about here so we should be used to the unexpected by now.
All said, it was great to be back and to have a pre match pint with friends.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 9:27]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

West Ham on 18:43 - May 19 with 826 viewsSadoldgit

We had pushed players up in search of the equaliser and nearly got it but Stephens headed straight at the keeper. They broke quickly and that was that. I am sure we would all prefer to risk conceding a second after 90 minutes in going all out for an equaliser. What did us was the first, very soft, goal.
Login to get fewer ads

West Ham on 19:03 - May 19 with 811 viewssaint22

West Ham on 18:43 - May 19 by Sadoldgit

We had pushed players up in search of the equaliser and nearly got it but Stephens headed straight at the keeper. They broke quickly and that was that. I am sure we would all prefer to risk conceding a second after 90 minutes in going all out for an equaliser. What did us was the first, very soft, goal.

That and the countless opportunities we passed up
West Ham on 21:38 - May 19 with 748 viewskingslandstand1

I think last night confirmed FF is No.1 keeper, although there was the point blank save from SuperMac that kept the score down
West Ham on 22:16 - May 19 with 721 viewsdirk_doone

West Ham did to West Brom tonight what most teams do to us: scored 2 late goals against them when they were tiring after what had been a very even first half.

Michail Antonio now needs 1 goal to draw level with and 2 goals to go ahead of Paolo Di Canio as West Ham's all-time leading Premier League goalscorer. He's probably scored more goals against us than any other team. West Ham can also achieve their highest league position this century.

It's all set up for a Saints victory.....

or perhaps not.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

West Ham on 22:30 - May 19 with 706 viewsDorsetIan

West Ham on 22:16 - May 19 by dirk_doone

West Ham did to West Brom tonight what most teams do to us: scored 2 late goals against them when they were tiring after what had been a very even first half.

Michail Antonio now needs 1 goal to draw level with and 2 goals to go ahead of Paolo Di Canio as West Ham's all-time leading Premier League goalscorer. He's probably scored more goals against us than any other team. West Ham can also achieve their highest league position this century.

It's all set up for a Saints victory.....

or perhaps not.

Funny, but I can see us winning.

We've been awful there in recent season, WH bound to be feeling some nerves, we're capable of sneaking a win and if our players have got anything about them (and Ralph doesn't go loopy again with his team picks and subs) they will want to end this miserable season with something positive.

I say we'll take a 2-0 lead and win 2-1 after a very nervous last half hour.

You heard it here first.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

West Ham on 22:41 - May 19 with 696 viewsdirk_doone

West Ham on 22:30 - May 19 by DorsetIan

We've been awful there in recent season, WH bound to be feeling some nerves, we're capable of sneaking a win and if our players have got anything about them (and Ralph doesn't go loopy again with his team picks and subs) they will want to end this miserable season with something positive.

You heard it here first.

I hope you're right. We need a morale booster before next season.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

West Ham on 22:53 - May 19 with 683 viewsMytchettSaint

West Ham on 22:30 - May 19 by DorsetIan

You heard it here first.

I’ll have a pint of whatever you’ve been drinking please!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

West Ham on 06:35 - May 20 with 644 viewsCity_boy

West Ham on 21:38 - May 19 by kingslandstand1

I think last night confirmed FF is No.1 keeper, although there was the point blank save from SuperMac that kept the score down

McCarthy seems to have a problem doing the basics expected of a goal keeper. e.g. protecting near post, crosses, clearance and kicking.

Once in a while he produces an outstanding performance, but soon lapses back into his old ways.

Fraser is not faultless, but is more consistent and less error prone.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 6:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024