Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Targett 07:16 - Jun 7 with 1314 viewssaint22

Didn’t clock he won Villas players player of the year! Considering he is in a team with Grealish that’s good going
Good job we don’t need any left backs........
Matt Targett on 07:52 - Jun 7 with 1270 viewsTripleNiemi

Congratulations to him if he did. Sadly his moving on was similar in ways to Jack Cork's departure which i fully understand.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Matt Targett on 09:32 - Jun 7 with 1190 viewssaintwizzler

Didn’t we sell Targett to fund the Che Adams transfer?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Matt Targett on 13:46 - Jun 7 with 1093 viewsTripleNiemi

Matt Targett on 09:32 - Jun 7 by saintwizzler

You may well be bang on Saintwiz. My point really was that with Bertie pretty much a regular i think it was a pretty good move all around for Matt to move on (whether all parties wanted it or not). I don't think there should be too many grumbles although no doubt now Bertie has moved on it could be another stick to beat the club with.

This is our future from what i can see......" Wheelin' and Dealin' "......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Matt Targett on 14:07 - Jun 7 with 1079 viewsBison

Matt Targett on 13:46 - Jun 7 by TripleNiemi

You may well be bang on Saintwiz. My point really was that with Bertie pretty much a regular i think it was a pretty good move all around for Matt to move on (whether all parties wanted it or not). I don't think there should be too many grumbles although no doubt now Bertie has moved on it could be another stick to beat the club with.

This is our future from what i can see......" Wheelin' and Dealin' "......

Perhaps we need to adopt the Moneyball method that works so well at Brentford , like you say Wheelin' and Dealin'

https://premierleaguenewsnow.com/brentford-moneyball-model-premier-league-promot

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Matt Targett on 20:53 - Jun 7 with 973 viewsSaintsforeverj

Matt Targett on 09:32 - Jun 7 by saintwizzler

We did, yes. Ralph was forced to decide - keep Targett but no Adams or sell Targets to get Adams. I remember the two transfers happening at the same time.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Matt Targett on 21:19 - Jun 7 with 960 viewsDorsetIan

Matt Targett on 20:53 - Jun 7 by Saintsforeverj

We did, yes. Ralph was forced to decide - keep Targett but no Adams or sell Targets to get Adams. I remember the two transfers happening at the same time.

It's what you gotta do when you got no cash.

Always liked him. He created a number of goals with his low, quick crosses and his headed goal against Bournemouth was one of my favourites of that season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Matt Targett on 21:45 - Jun 7 with 946 viewsSaintsforeverj

Matt Targett on 21:19 - Jun 7 by DorsetIan

It's what you gotta do when you got no cash.

Always liked him. He created a number of goals with his low, quick crosses and his headed goal against Bournemouth was one of my favourites of that season.

Always liked his character too whenever I heard him. Seems likes a decent guy. Shame he went. To think we kept Bertrand instead, who couldn't wait to jump ship.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Matt Targett on 08:48 - Jun 9 with 765 viewsRon11

Matt Targett on 21:45 - Jun 7 by Saintsforeverj

Always liked his character too whenever I heard him. Seems likes a decent guy. Shame he went. To think we kept Bertrand instead, who couldn't wait to jump ship.

Always gave 100%, and never looked like he was going to burst into tears any moment
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Targett on 11:18 - Jun 9 with 724 viewsTimSaint

Matt Targett on 21:45 - Jun 7 by Saintsforeverj

'To think we kept Bertrand instead, who couldn't wait to jump ship'

You do realise that Bert has been here for the full 2 seasons since Targett left ?

That is hardly jumping ship is it ? Additionally if Saints had offered him a 3 year deal instead of the 2 year that was rumoured to be on the table, I'm sure he would have stayed longer.

Targett left at the right time for both him and Saints. He needed game time and wasn't going to oust Bert and Saints got £16m for a reserve LB.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024