Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl 08:31 - Jun 10 with 12274 viewsMattFinish

For years we've been needing a manager who sees Saints as a long term project. We finally have one in Ralph and there's people on here who want him out because we had a poor second half of the season.
What exactly do these people expect the manager to do with this squad and investment.
With an investment record only slightly better than Norwich, somehow Ralph got us to top of the league, for a time in the top 6 and a semi final.
Our bench and first team was regularly filled with inexperienced youth team players and we had no back up for crucial positions.
Yet we still competed and finished 2 points behind 12th place. There were few games where we lost and played badly. A lot of defeats could have been victories if we'd taken our chances.
Yet some people on here think a cup semi final, occupying top spot for the first time in 32 years and mid table finish wasn't good enough with this squad. Unbelievable.
Ralph needs the backing of the owner and the supporters and maybe he can build something we all want.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 8:32]
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:47 - Jun 22 with 1449 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:09 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

I believe that he has said that he does take responsibility. There are other teams who shipped more goals. Should all of those managers be sacked too? We are a mid table team and we finished mid table. No one is saying things are perfect but the way some people talk you would think that we had been in a relegation battle all season. From what has been said there are plans in train this summer to strengthen the areas that need to be strengthened. Sounds like a responsible response to me.

Mid table is 10th. We finished 15th. Keep up SOG.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 16:30 - Jun 22 with 1414 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:47 - Jun 22 by I_would

Mid table is 10th. We finished 15th. Keep up SOG.

I my book mid table is anywhere between 8th and 16th 😉
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:14 - Jun 22 with 1399 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 16:30 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

That makes 15th position one away from bottom then. According to your twisted sums. And Man C were top 1/3. And Elves are running around in Ireland.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 20:15 - Jun 22 with 1370 viewsMattFinish

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:04 - Jun 22 by Butty101

Sorry i didnt realise you have no sense of humor.

It's better than having no sense
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 08:22 - Jun 23 with 1332 viewsMattFinish

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:14 - Jun 22 by I_would

That makes 15th position one away from bottom then. According to your twisted sums. And Man C were top 1/3. And Elves are running around in Ireland.

Says the person who thinks 45 points and 43 points is a 5 point gap.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 08:49 - Jun 23 with 1317 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:14 - Jun 22 by I_would

I don’t know about elves, but most normal people understand that mid table refers to a range of positions in mid table. Man City we’re champions. Most normal people understand that the team who finish top are the champions. Only one team can be champions. A number of teams can finish mid table which, to most normal people, means out of the top 6 but not in the relegation area. So it doesn’t mean to finish 10th. Most normal people get that.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:32 - Jun 23 with 1265 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 08:49 - Jun 23 by Sadoldgit

I don’t know about elves, but most normal people understand that mid table refers to a range of positions in mid table. Man City we’re champions. Most normal people understand that the team who finish top are the champions. Only one team can be champions. A number of teams can finish mid table which, to most normal people, means out of the top 6 but not in the relegation area. So it doesn’t mean to finish 10th. Most normal people get that.

We were absolute rubbish for most of 2021 part of the season. If Ralph changes defensive tactics for the new season we could do better results wise, but if he insists on the high press with the quality of the squad and no useful additions come in then we could be in trouble, real trouble. Perhaps Danny Rohl might come to the rescue and talk Ralph into changing tactics to suit the players that we have.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:36 - Jun 23 with 1259 views1885_SFC

Don't you just love these mongboard managerial tacticians...

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:42 - Jun 23 with 1248 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:36 - Jun 23 by 1885_SFC

Don't you just love these mongboard managerial tacticians...

The thread is about Ralph. It's pretty much agreed that his tactics failed this year so far. Have you got nothing to say about Ralph then and if not why make a comment?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:47 - Jun 23 with 1241 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:32 - Jun 23 by I_would

We were absolute rubbish for most of 2021 part of the season. If Ralph changes defensive tactics for the new season we could do better results wise, but if he insists on the high press with the quality of the squad and no useful additions come in then we could be in trouble, real trouble. Perhaps Danny Rohl might come to the rescue and talk Ralph into changing tactics to suit the players that we have.

As you will recall, Rohl wasn’t here when we managed our highest league position last year. Ralph has been talking about making changes already for next season.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 19:18 - Jun 23 with 1219 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:47 - Jun 23 by Sadoldgit

As you will recall, Rohl wasn’t here when we managed our highest league position last year. Ralph has been talking about making changes already for next season.

Great upper-mid (lower-centre) table here we come then.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 20:30 - Jun 23 with 1200 viewsMattFinish

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 19:18 - Jun 23 by I_would

Great upper-mid (lower-centre) table here we come then.

So where the f*** do you think we should finish
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 20:57 - Jun 23 with 1187 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 20:30 - Jun 23 by MattFinish

So where the f*** do you think we should finish

According to SOG upper mid top or bottom top mid. Depends on tactics.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 21:46 - Jun 23 with 1167 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 16:30 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

What crazy man old logic that is! Surely mid table is the same amount of places either side of 10th.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 21:49 - Jun 23 with 1167 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:02 - Jun 22 by Butty101

Just to re-iterate you said we didnt need to sell to buy a left back. Which i totally disagree with. We clearly need to sell before buying and is whats happened for the last 3-5 years.

I genuinely dont think the club could afford to sack Ralph even if they wanted to. He signed a new 4 year contract, when he was flying - taking him through to 2024. It was reported by Sam Wallace from the telegrapgh that he has a 20mill buyout clause. He was already on 6mill a year so assuming as he was in a strong position to negotiate at the time you could assume he got a payrise. So currently he has 3 years left on a contract thats probally worth 20mill to him and would need to be paid up if he were to be sacked. If you think the club has that money swashing about then we should probably stop talking now.

https://saintsmarching.com/2021/02/27/southampton-report-reveals-crucial-clause-

As for replacing the left back, dont be surprised if its a loan and not a permant signing.

Reasoned logic and the haters go quiet!

Game set and match Butty

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:00 - Jun 23 with 1157 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 21:46 - Jun 23 by Butty101

What crazy man old logic that is! Surely mid table is the same amount of places either side of 10th.

According to SOG mid table goes to at least 15th (us last season) so that makes 5th position mid table then.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:26 - Jun 23 with 1137 viewspjt50

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:00 - Jun 23 by I_would

According to SOG mid table goes to at least 15th (us last season) so that makes 5th position mid table then.

Strictly speaking either side of 10.5 — so 6th to 15th inclusive.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:37 - Jun 23 with 1129 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:26 - Jun 23 by pjt50

My mistake 6th is mid table. Is that top of the upper mid table?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:55 - Jun 24 with 1072 viewsBuenosSaint

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:26 - Jun 23 by pjt50

Correct. You all remember median value in school right? .

Now the real question is - does a European place or relegation place skew the data range?

Poll: The Long Future

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 19:11 - Jun 24 with 998 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:00 - Jun 23 by I_would

Not got anything better to do with your time?
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 19:44 - Jun 24 with 972 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 19:11 - Jun 24 by Sadoldgit

Not got anything better to do with your time?

Text book I’ve lost

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 08:52 - Jun 25 with 925 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 19:44 - Jun 24 by Butty101

Text book I’ve lost

Text book childish playground behaviour. I suggest that you go off and watch your Benny Hill videos and let the rest of us get on with living life in the 21st century.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 09:23 - Jun 25 with 906 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 08:52 - Jun 25 by Sadoldgit

Text book childish playground behaviour. I suggest that you go off and watch your Benny Hill videos and let the rest of us get on with living life in the 21st century.

Its a young persons world, you must find it ever so confusing at your age... Are you struggling to adapt?
Maybe you should relocate to SagaSaints,com that might be more your pace.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:05 - Sep 5 with 540 viewsgabriella83

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 16:22 - Jun 15 by MattFinish

Congratulations, what have they got them in?

The completely trustable and free https://calculatorspro.com/ calculator online that support you in resolving any calculation-related issues and give you accurate measures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024