Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl 08:31 - Jun 10 with 12271 viewsMattFinish

For years we've been needing a manager who sees Saints as a long term project. We finally have one in Ralph and there's people on here who want him out because we had a poor second half of the season.
What exactly do these people expect the manager to do with this squad and investment.
With an investment record only slightly better than Norwich, somehow Ralph got us to top of the league, for a time in the top 6 and a semi final.
Our bench and first team was regularly filled with inexperienced youth team players and we had no back up for crucial positions.
Yet we still competed and finished 2 points behind 12th place. There were few games where we lost and played badly. A lot of defeats could have been victories if we'd taken our chances.
Yet some people on here think a cup semi final, occupying top spot for the first time in 32 years and mid table finish wasn't good enough with this squad. Unbelievable.
Ralph needs the backing of the owner and the supporters and maybe he can build something we all want.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 8:32]
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:56 - Jun 21 with 1178 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:05 - Jun 20 by Butty101

Calm down old boy, I don’t want your blood pressure rising as you keep taking a bit of a battering.

It does seem you are getting more and more confused, must be an age thing. I suggest you read my original post to remember what you are arguing about.

As for saints never sacking a manager because they can’t afford it, how an earth do you know that. More and more BS on your part. No way can you substantiate such a statement.

How do you know Hoedt has moved on a free? Fee hasn’t been reported. Anyway I notice you still haven’t managed to post any proof that we have funds to buy players without selling. Something we haven’t been able to do in the last 3 years without selling first. Let me know when you find the link old boy.

I am perfectly calm thanks. I’ve been around these forums long enough not to let WUMs get to me.
For starters, we have always sacked poor managers have we not? Not one of our poor managers has seen out his contract. I have supported this club since 1966 and we have never been flush with money. I don’t know that Hoedt moved on a free but it has been suggested that is the case as no fee has been mentioned. Either way, it is unlikely that any fee is likely to be substantial.
You keep saying that we don’t have any money. How are we paying wages and administrative fees then? What happens to the tv money and the other various income streams we have? How are we supposed to pay for the left back we have lined up if we are completely potless? Surely if your assumption was right there would be absolutely no point in us looking at other players until we have sold several ourselves. And, given that you feel that we have such a low opinion of our manager, surely they would keep some of that cash back to sack him. No point in buying new players if the bloke coaching them is rubbish is there?
So, where is the evidence you have that the manager is only here because we can’t afford to sack him? You spend a lot of energy on the attack but have still yet to provide a shred of evidence in support of the spurious myth you keep repeating.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:00 - Jun 21 with 1173 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:29 - Jun 20 by Sadoldgit

You don’t like the clubs manager. You don’t like the clubs captain and player of the year. Perhaps you are supporting the wrong club?

You're correct in that I don't rate the manager. I don't rate the clubs's captain and player of the year. You're incorrect when you say I don't like them. Also there is a clue about the content with the word "I".

My choice. My opinion. If you want to censor anyone's opinions that don't agree with yours I suggest you PM Nick and ask him to change the forum rules.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:04 - Jun 21 with 1162 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:56 - Jun 21 by Sadoldgit

I am perfectly calm thanks. I’ve been around these forums long enough not to let WUMs get to me.
For starters, we have always sacked poor managers have we not? Not one of our poor managers has seen out his contract. I have supported this club since 1966 and we have never been flush with money. I don’t know that Hoedt moved on a free but it has been suggested that is the case as no fee has been mentioned. Either way, it is unlikely that any fee is likely to be substantial.
You keep saying that we don’t have any money. How are we paying wages and administrative fees then? What happens to the tv money and the other various income streams we have? How are we supposed to pay for the left back we have lined up if we are completely potless? Surely if your assumption was right there would be absolutely no point in us looking at other players until we have sold several ourselves. And, given that you feel that we have such a low opinion of our manager, surely they would keep some of that cash back to sack him. No point in buying new players if the bloke coaching them is rubbish is there?
So, where is the evidence you have that the manager is only here because we can’t afford to sack him? You spend a lot of energy on the attack but have still yet to provide a shred of evidence in support of the spurious myth you keep repeating.

2 x 9-0 defeats would result in ANY manager being sacked the following morning. PROOF OF POTLESSNESS. END OF.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:21 - Jun 21 with 1117 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:04 - Jun 21 by I_would

2 x 9-0 defeats would result in ANY manager being sacked the following morning. PROOF OF POTLESSNESS. END OF.

Clearly not.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:23 - Jun 21 with 1115 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:00 - Jun 21 by I_would

You're correct in that I don't rate the manager. I don't rate the clubs's captain and player of the year. You're incorrect when you say I don't like them. Also there is a clue about the content with the word "I".

My choice. My opinion. If you want to censor anyone's opinions that don't agree with yours I suggest you PM Nick and ask him to change the forum rules.

I’m not looking to censor you mate and you are welcome to your opinion. I just don’t think it makes it any more valid if you keep forcing it down people’s throats every 5 minutes.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:48 - Jun 21 with 1093 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:56 - Jun 21 by Sadoldgit

Still no proof then SOG's just more of your vivid imagination in play. As i asked you first for proof i think its only fair you go first old chap. Happy to wait as i have time on my side - unlike some hey.

Other than TV money, what other streams of money does the club have access to in these covid times? The TV money just about covers the wages and we have a 70 odd million debt to service.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 15:07 - Jun 21 with 1091 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:48 - Jun 21 by Butty101

Still no proof then SOG's just more of your vivid imagination in play. As i asked you first for proof i think its only fair you go first old chap. Happy to wait as i have time on my side - unlike some hey.

Other than TV money, what other streams of money does the club have access to in these covid times? The TV money just about covers the wages and we have a 70 odd million debt to service.

So we are operating on thin air? We are effecting “sacking” players because they are of no use to us. By “sacking” I mean letting them go for little or nothing. Why on Earth wouldn’t we let a manager go if he was that poor? As I have said previously, relegation would cost us far more than compensation to a departing manager. Do you honestly believe that he will still be here at Christmas if the performances remain the same as they have been recently? How do you think they will manage that? Crowd funding?
You were the one that stated categorically that Ralph Hasenhuttal has not been sacked because the club can’t afford to sack him. I assume you have based that statement on hard evidence. Where is it? I am sorry, but a figment of your imagination is not good enough. If you can’t give us anything then can we end this. Not only is it extremely tiresome for me going round in circles with you but I expect the other posters are bored to death with yet another circular argument too.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 15:39 - Jun 21 with 1081 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:23 - Jun 21 by Sadoldgit

I’m not looking to censor you mate and you are welcome to your opinion. I just don’t think it makes it any more valid if you keep forcing it down people’s throats every 5 minutes.

You're not looking to censor me but you'd like me not to say my opinion. Is that what you're saying?

Login to get fewer ads

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 16:33 - Jun 21 with 1058 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 15:07 - Jun 21 by Sadoldgit

So we are operating on thin air? We are effecting “sacking” players because they are of no use to us. By “sacking” I mean letting them go for little or nothing. Why on Earth wouldn’t we let a manager go if he was that poor? As I have said previously, relegation would cost us far more than compensation to a departing manager. Do you honestly believe that he will still be here at Christmas if the performances remain the same as they have been recently? How do you think they will manage that? Crowd funding?
You were the one that stated categorically that Ralph Hasenhuttal has not been sacked because the club can’t afford to sack him. I assume you have based that statement on hard evidence. Where is it? I am sorry, but a figment of your imagination is not good enough. If you can’t give us anything then can we end this. Not only is it extremely tiresome for me going round in circles with you but I expect the other posters are bored to death with yet another circular argument too.

Stopping frothing at the mouth old boy, its really not good for you. If the internet is to stressful for you, maybe take some time off.

Who said we are operating on thin air? Certainly not me, i just asked what other finical streams we are getting in these covid times. Something else you didnt answer.

Can you show me where i categorically state "that Ralph Hasenhuttal has not been sacked because the club can’t afford to sack him."

Have you seen that it looks like we are getting a loan signing in for a leftback. Its almost like we dont have any money.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 18:43 - Jun 21 with 1035 views1ASIN12

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:23 - Jun 21 by Sadoldgit

A bit like some do slagging the government ...

6 or 7 months or so ago if the likes of Everton or Tottenham had a manager vacancy the Ralph would no doubt been linked to them .

To me it shows how quickly football fortunes change.

To me Its quite obvious if the club wanted to change the manager they could "find " the money to do so.

Just like we will be able to "find" the money to get a replacemnt leftback in.

I would not say though we "have" money to spend and in my opinion we have to reduce our wage bill and try and sell a few of the the deadwood if any more signings are to be made thet improve the 1st team.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 21:31 - Jun 21 with 991 viewsMattFinish

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:46 - Jun 21 by Butty101

Why are you interested in my age? You trying to find someone to groom?

Think you've just proven my point

I started this as a serious debate. You are incapable of debate because you straight away get personal against anyone who dares to have a different opinion from yours.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 10:55 - Jun 22 with 947 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 16:33 - Jun 21 by Butty101

Stopping frothing at the mouth old boy, its really not good for you. If the internet is to stressful for you, maybe take some time off.

Who said we are operating on thin air? Certainly not me, i just asked what other finical streams we are getting in these covid times. Something else you didnt answer.

Can you show me where i categorically state "that Ralph Hasenhuttal has not been sacked because the club can’t afford to sack him."

Have you seen that it looks like we are getting a loan signing in for a leftback. Its almost like we dont have any money.

You are a very strange individual. Where am I frothing at the mouth?
You are inferring that we can’t afford to run our business efficiently (by being unable to sack an underperforming employee because we can’t afford to) yet you do not have a single shred of evidence to support that assumption. You have also made up a figure of £6m (the one that we can’t afford apparently).
You did state that we have not sacked him because we can’t afford to. This is what this seemingly endless spat is all about.
We are clearly not flush but we are still managing to operate and that means “finding” a severance package to remove the manager if that is what they felt they needed to do to run the business efficiently (just as they are “finding” the money for new additions to the squad).
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 10:59 - Jun 22 with 946 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 21:50 - Jun 16 by Butty101

Are you taking the pee! Sacrificed 2 games ffs
Th bookies at the beginning of last season had us down for 11th or 12th. So that was par.
People stop needing to make excuses for Ralph, this Calander year has been a disaster and he’s lucky we probably can’t afford to sack him.

My bad. I missed out the word “probably” but the inference is the same.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 11:54 - Jun 22 with 934 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 10:59 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

My bad. I missed out the word “probably” but the inference is the same.

Yeah you seem to miss a lot. But fair play you held your hands up and said you were wrong!

Although you now seem to be struggling with inference and suggesting probably actually means bonafide fact....

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:02 - Jun 22 with 928 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 10:55 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

You are a very strange individual. Where am I frothing at the mouth?
You are inferring that we can’t afford to run our business efficiently (by being unable to sack an underperforming employee because we can’t afford to) yet you do not have a single shred of evidence to support that assumption. You have also made up a figure of £6m (the one that we can’t afford apparently).
You did state that we have not sacked him because we can’t afford to. This is what this seemingly endless spat is all about.
We are clearly not flush but we are still managing to operate and that means “finding” a severance package to remove the manager if that is what they felt they needed to do to run the business efficiently (just as they are “finding” the money for new additions to the squad).

Just to re-iterate you said we didnt need to sell to buy a left back. Which i totally disagree with. We clearly need to sell before buying and is whats happened for the last 3-5 years.

I genuinely dont think the club could afford to sack Ralph even if they wanted to. He signed a new 4 year contract, when he was flying - taking him through to 2024. It was reported by Sam Wallace from the telegrapgh that he has a 20mill buyout clause. He was already on 6mill a year so assuming as he was in a strong position to negotiate at the time you could assume he got a payrise. So currently he has 3 years left on a contract thats probally worth 20mill to him and would need to be paid up if he were to be sacked. If you think the club has that money swashing about then we should probably stop talking now.

https://saintsmarching.com/2021/02/27/southampton-report-reveals-crucial-clause-

As for replacing the left back, dont be surprised if its a loan and not a permant signing.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:04 - Jun 22 with 921 viewsButty101

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 21:31 - Jun 21 by MattFinish

Think you've just proven my point

I started this as a serious debate. You are incapable of debate because you straight away get personal against anyone who dares to have a different opinion from yours.

Sorry i didnt realise you have no sense of humor.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:08 - Jun 22 with 920 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 11:54 - Jun 22 by Butty101

Yeah you seem to miss a lot. But fair play you held your hands up and said you were wrong!

Although you now seem to be struggling with inference and suggesting probably actually means bonafide fact....

Pure semantics old boy. But a nice piece of back tracking.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:38 - Jun 22 with 893 viewsfranniesTache

The idea that it's only because of the back half of last season people are questioning Ralph is a very strange view.

Personally i'm looking at his whole time here and i'm not entirely convinced his anything special, at least not to the degree many want to believe.

Whilst we had 12months of exceptional form, and no one can deny it was exceptional, the question i ask is how much of that was Ralph's managerial ability and how much was Danny Ings hitting once in a lifetime form.

Lets be honest the warning signs for our collapse last season have been there almost the entire time Ralph has been here, he's been fairly tactically naive to the premier league on many occasions, it's not by chance we've lost 9-0 twice, and until he stopped playing players out of position before we hit that great run of form we were utterly useless.

I'd also point to the fact that nearly the entire time he's been here he's shipped goals, even when we were doing well we conceded a lot - 60 in the season before last to be exact.

For what it's worth i'm still on the fence with him, but i don't see why we shouldn't question him, and i really don't see what people see that makes him anything other than a very mediocre manager.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:07 - Jun 22 with 872 viewsI_would

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:38 - Jun 22 by franniesTache

The idea that it's only because of the back half of last season people are questioning Ralph is a very strange view.

Personally i'm looking at his whole time here and i'm not entirely convinced his anything special, at least not to the degree many want to believe.

Whilst we had 12months of exceptional form, and no one can deny it was exceptional, the question i ask is how much of that was Ralph's managerial ability and how much was Danny Ings hitting once in a lifetime form.

Lets be honest the warning signs for our collapse last season have been there almost the entire time Ralph has been here, he's been fairly tactically naive to the premier league on many occasions, it's not by chance we've lost 9-0 twice, and until he stopped playing players out of position before we hit that great run of form we were utterly useless.

I'd also point to the fact that nearly the entire time he's been here he's shipped goals, even when we were doing well we conceded a lot - 60 in the season before last to be exact.

For what it's worth i'm still on the fence with him, but i don't see why we shouldn't question him, and i really don't see what people see that makes him anything other than a very mediocre manager.

There was a disagreement at his last club with the DOF regarding his ability to change his tactics when it was needed to stop shipping goals. We've had ample warning now with a record 68.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:18 - Jun 22 with 854 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:07 - Jun 22 by I_would

There was a disagreement at his last club with the DOF regarding his ability to change his tactics when it was needed to stop shipping goals. We've had ample warning now with a record 68.

And that's what worries me, if you speak to any Saints fan about what our first problem to solve is they'd say the defence but Ralph doesn't seem to do anything about it.

It's that stubbornness that worries me and makes me think he might have to go, because if we ship at the rate we have been whilst he's managed us we will get relegated.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:20 - Jun 22 with 850 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 12:38 - Jun 22 by franniesTache

We ship goals because we have a poor defence. Neither centre half is gifted with pace. I think he has done well with what he has but clearly needs better players and more players. Yes we have seen a number of poor performances, but we have also played some of the best football in years. He needs to find a level of consistency and if we can bring the right players in, hopefully we will see that this season. The point has been made several times, most managers would find it hard to get high quality consistent performances out of such a thin squad. If sacking the manager would make a difference I would be up for it. In this case I don’t think that is the problem.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:48 - Jun 22 with 840 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:20 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

We ship goals because we have a poor defence. Neither centre half is gifted with pace. I think he has done well with what he has but clearly needs better players and more players. Yes we have seen a number of poor performances, but we have also played some of the best football in years. He needs to find a level of consistency and if we can bring the right players in, hopefully we will see that this season. The point has been made several times, most managers would find it hard to get high quality consistent performances out of such a thin squad. If sacking the manager would make a difference I would be up for it. In this case I don’t think that is the problem.

We've had poor defenders in the past and not shipped 60 + 68 goals in consecutive seasons, i'm sorry but at some point the manager needs to take responsibility for that don't you agree?
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:09 - Jun 22 with 829 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 13:48 - Jun 22 by franniesTache

We've had poor defenders in the past and not shipped 60 + 68 goals in consecutive seasons, i'm sorry but at some point the manager needs to take responsibility for that don't you agree?

I believe that he has said that he does take responsibility. There are other teams who shipped more goals. Should all of those managers be sacked too? We are a mid table team and we finished mid table. No one is saying things are perfect but the way some people talk you would think that we had been in a relegation battle all season. From what has been said there are plans in train this summer to strengthen the areas that need to be strengthened. Sounds like a responsible response to me.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:28 - Jun 22 with 824 viewsBison

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:09 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

I believe that he has said that he does take responsibility. There are other teams who shipped more goals. Should all of those managers be sacked too? We are a mid table team and we finished mid table. No one is saying things are perfect but the way some people talk you would think that we had been in a relegation battle all season. From what has been said there are plans in train this summer to strengthen the areas that need to be strengthened. Sounds like a responsible response to me.

You are right West Brom shipped more goals than us and fat Sam is still there however that was the only team in the PL that shipped more now those who didnt ship more or sacked their manager

Chelsea
Spurs
Wolves
Fulham
Sheffield united
Crystal Palace

You could argue about Palace i presume but Palace didnt want him anymore.

*Edit actually West Brom did sack their manager in December and brough fat Sam in.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 14:34]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:42 - Jun 22 with 811 viewsfranniesTache

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 14:09 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

I hope you're right, i want Ralph to succeed because i want Saints to succeed, but right now i'm less than convinced that he'll change as he's provably got it wrong multiple times before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024