Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Wolves 20:40 - Sep 4 with 1868 viewsSaintNick

1. It is the worst end in the country, or should I say side, it is impossible to get any atmosphere as you are so far away from some of your fellow fans

2. Still a bad place to get a drink, most pubs in the city centre only let home fans in and the away fans pub is the bar next to the Premier Inn. Better to have a drink in Birmingham and get the train in

3. it's not too bad to get to by train, only 15 minutes on from Birmingham and about 3 hrs in total, to be honest it take almost as long to get to Tottenham

4. It doesnt have a great atmosphere all round

5. It seems a lot less hostile than it was a few years ago

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Wolves on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 1820 viewsgrumpy

'5. It seems a lot less hostile than it was a few years ago'

Most grounds are these days.
5 Things From Wolves on 20:53 - Sep 4 with 1819 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Wolves on 20:50 - Sep 4 by grumpy

'5. It seems a lot less hostile than it was a few years ago'

Most grounds are these days.

Most grounds have been ok for a long time now, but Wolves were still attacking away fans until fairly recently

5 Things From Wolves on 21:03 - Sep 4 with 1791 viewsgrumpy

5 Things From Wolves on 20:53 - Sep 4 by SaintNick

Most grounds have been ok for a long time now, but Wolves were still attacking away fans until fairly recently

I remember their 'Subway Army' was notorious in the 70s and 80s.
5 Things From Wolves on 21:15 - Sep 4 with 1767 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Wolves on 21:03 - Sep 4 by grumpy

I remember their 'Subway Army' was notorious in the 70s and 80s.

It was still around in the 90's 00's and 10's but since their return to the Premier League they have become more sanitised

5 Things From Wolves on 21:28 - Sep 4 with 1727 viewsSaintsforeverj

5 Things From Wolves on 20:53 - Sep 4 by SaintNick

I didn't go Saturday for the reasons mentioned. I also expected a defensive performance from Wolves and a likely Saints defeat as Wolves had to win their first game of the season. I remember when Saints beat Wolves 4 1, and effectively sent Wolves down in the PL. It was very tense outside the ground after the game. It always used to be a good atmosphere there but then away fans used to be behind the goal. Most grounds are nothing like what they used to be and have become sanitised, especially in the PL. A lot of it is that the "hostile, working class, local estate" fans don't go anymore, they can't afford it. Their place has been taken by tourists and richer fans.

Although at St Mary's, it's the exception as we are terribly vicious, hostile, violent and intimidating. 😜
[Post edited 4 Sep 2022 21:51]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

5 Things From Wolves on 23:57 - Sep 4 with 1597 viewsPatfromPoole

The home fans are usually pretty noisy, but they have been worn down by the utterly tedious tactics of their manager, who looks like one of the most miserable people you could ever meet.

They play on the counter-attack, and we fell hook, line and sinker for it yesterday on the goal.

I genuinely think Wolves could be in trouble this season. They are going to struggle to score goals.

I gather they have just signed Diego Costa, a thoroughly nasty specimen, the shithouse’s shithouse, if you will.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

5 Things From Wolves on 05:43 - Sep 5 with 1526 viewssaintwizzler

The view from the away end at Wolves is pretty good.
Arsenal has to be the worse.
Stuck in the corner and so low down.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

5 Things From Wolves on 08:32 - Sep 5 with 1356 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things From Wolves on 05:43 - Sep 5 by saintwizzler

The view from the away end at Wolves is pretty good.
Arsenal has to be the worse.
Stuck in the corner and so low down.

TBH I hate that view.

Far too low down and nowhere near any of the goals.

There are far too many away ends in the Prem which are a sh1tty view and discourage atmosphere.

Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From Wolves on 08:44 - Sep 5 with 1343 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Wolves on 08:32 - Sep 5 by PatfromPoole

TBH I hate that view.

There are far too many away ends in the Prem which are a sh1tty view and discourage atmosphere.

You are right it is far too low down, you are barely much higher than the players, I watch games from the terracing at Totton from a higher viewpoint, it is also about 25 yards from the pitch

5 Things From Wolves on 13:10 - Sep 5 with 1169 viewsSonicBoom

Also Wolves are a horrible team. I don't know if it's the strong Portuguese influence but they collapse after every tackle. It's so ridiculous and relentlessly cynical. Watching them actually makes me dislike football.
5 Things From Wolves on 13:15 - Sep 5 with 1162 viewsfranniesTache

The times i've been to molineux it's always been a properly noisy old fashioned english football ground, far better than the noddy rubbish you get at palace, so i'm surprised the atmosphere was flat.

Apart from that it's an away day i have no issues missing, the west midlands in general is an absolute hole and wolverhampton is the giant turd on top of it. Horrible town, their fans are pr(cks (who remembers being pelted after the 6-0?) and there's almost no where to drink there.
5 Things From Wolves on 13:29 - Sep 5 with 1126 viewsTripleNiemi

5 Things From Wolves on 08:32 - Sep 5 by PatfromPoole

TBH I hate that view.

Palace away is utter gash if you are late getting tickets and end up stuck with a view of the camera gantry at the back of the stand. How they have the nerve to charge the same price regardless for all away positions is scandalous
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 13:30]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

5 Things From Wolves on 13:42 - Sep 5 with 1091 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle and Everton away are probably the worst for me. At Newcastle, the away fans are so high up and we only take about 1000 fans. You get drowned out and you can't see the players properly. Although, Newcastle is a good weekend away. Everton, again we don't take many fans, and you're stuck on the side, in not very comfortable seats. Man City away isn't very good either. You are stuck in one little section. Liverpool away I don't like either, as we don't seem to take the full allocation and the place is full of tourists. Man U was ok last year when we got a result, but again full of tourists. Wolves is rubbish.

5 Things From Wolves on 13:50 - Sep 5 with 1072 viewsPatfromPoole

It is a shame that Watford and Burnley went down last season.

They had decent away ends, behind the goal and going back quite a bit.

Norwich was also not bad.

Similarly West Brom, Huddersfield and Sheffield United.

West Brom is probably my favourite away end. Atmospheric and a great view.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 13:52]

5 Things From Wolves on 14:07 - Sep 5 with 1052 viewsSaintsforeverj

5 Things From Wolves on 13:50 - Sep 5 by PatfromPoole

It is a shame that Watford and Burnley went down last season.

They had decent away ends, behind the goal and going back quite a bit.

Norwich was also not bad.

Similarly West Brom, Huddersfield and Sheffield United.

West Brom is probably my favourite away end. Atmospheric and a great view.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 13:52]

I agree, West Brom is a great away day. Watford was brilliant too, I agree.

5 Things From Wolves on 14:24 - Sep 5 with 1034 viewsfranniesTache

I quite enjoy goodison, as long as you get a ticket in the right part it's a great ground, a proper football ground, and liverpool is one of the best cities in the country for a drink.

Worst aways for me are Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal and Liverpool. They're all just bland soulless tourist experiences and with liverpool if you're at the back you can't see half the ground.
5 Things From Wolves on 16:12 - Sep 5 with 971 viewsfranniesTache

Talking of good away days City goes on sale tomorrow, for me Manchester has to be the best city up north by some distance
5 Things From Wolves on 16:15 - Sep 5 with 967 viewsSaintsforeverj

5 Things From Wolves on 16:12 - Sep 5 by franniesTache

Talking of good away days City goes on sale tomorrow, for me Manchester has to be the best city up north by some distance

Nah, we will get beat I expect. And we only have one little corner of the ground, with usually a small following.

5 Things From Wolves on 17:21 - Sep 5 with 907 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things From Wolves on 16:15 - Sep 5 by Saintsforeverj

Nah, we will get beat I expect. And we only have one little corner of the ground, with usually a small following.

We'll definitely get beaten but don't let football get in the way of a day at the football, and manchester has some amazing pubs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024