Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Denmark 23:35 - Jul 6 with 3458 viewsSadoldgit

Potentially our toughest test yet defensively I think. They have got their act together and are very strong going forward. They are starting to look tired though and I think we will have too much for them over the whole game.
England v Denmark on 13:50 - Jul 8 with 615 viewssaint22

England v Denmark on 13:46 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

Some interesting points. I have no idea how this will go but we seem to have plenty in the tank and would favour us in extra time. It would be great to actually win it but just getting into a final at last also feels great. We have fallen short with better players but we finally have a squad who all work for each other so hopefully that will do the trick! I’m worried about Pickford though. He started off well enough but has looked a little flakey again in the last 2 matches.

Pickford is a big worry
So easily rattled, always talking to himself and others at random
I think he has some real issues
England v Denmark on 14:42 - Jul 8 with 567 viewsPaleRider

England v Denmark on 13:50 - Jul 8 by saint22

Pickford is a big worry

And the winner for ironic post of the tournament goes to........

England v Denmark on 15:17 - Jul 8 with 546 viewssolent_toffee

England v Denmark on 13:50 - Jul 8 by saint22

Pickford is a big worry

Ever since Pickford killed Big Virgil (RIP), the level of ridiculous scrutiny placed on him has been nuts. The fact is he hasn’t had a lot to do but when he has been called on he has done well, very little drama just a safe pair of hands and good goalkeeper.

Pretty much like he has been at Everton for the past six months where he hasn’t put a foot wrong but Jenas and Dixon and the likes would have you believe he’s a cross between Hannibal Lectur and Lee Evans.
England v Denmark on 15:20 - Jul 8 with 539 viewssaint22

England v Denmark on 15:17 - Jul 8 by solent_toffee

Ever since Pickford killed Big Virgil (RIP), the level of ridiculous scrutiny placed on him has been nuts. The fact is he hasn’t had a lot to do but when he has been called on he has done well, very little drama just a safe pair of hands and good goalkeeper.

Pretty much like he has been at Everton for the past six months where he hasn’t put a foot wrong but Jenas and Dixon and the likes would have you believe he’s a cross between Hannibal Lectur and Lee Evans.

Well i think if you are englands number one you get scrutiny and i would say he had some major wobbles last night thats all
He is a good keeper in many ways but is he Neuer, Donnaruma, Courtois, I would say not
England v Denmark on 16:03 - Jul 8 with 522 viewshedgeend61

England v Denmark on 09:04 - Jul 8 by kingolaf

Foden was excellent when he came on.

Our best 2 players were Sterling and Walker (his best game in an England shirt).

Overall, the performance wasn’t great, but we played the game we needed to in order to beat a tough team

The final will be completely different. Much more open.

Kyle Walker was superb last night, I thought he was the only weak link after a few iffy games.
He proved me wrong.

Pickford, watching through my haze at Wembley last night, I seem to recall a couple of poor distribrution errors in the first half, one kick, one throw which have proved costly, and appears a bit panicky and rushed in his kicking.
But he's only conceded one goal 6 games, so can't be too harsh, he's done well.
England v Denmark on 17:06 - Jul 8 with 483 viewsdirk_doone

England v Denmark on 16:03 - Jul 8 by hedgeend61

Kyle Walker was superb last night, I thought he was the only weak link after a few iffy games.
He proved me wrong.

Pickford, watching through my haze at Wembley last night, I seem to recall a couple of poor distribrution errors in the first half, one kick, one throw which have proved costly, and appears a bit panicky and rushed in his kicking.
But he's only conceded one goal 6 games, so can't be too harsh, he's done well.

I agree. Kyle Walker's pace never ceases to amaze me. He makes opposition forwards look slow and can give them at least a yard start over 10 yards and still beat them to the ball easily as he did again last night.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2021 17:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England v Denmark on 18:03 - Jul 8 with 452 viewskingolaf

England v Denmark on 15:20 - Jul 8 by saint22

Well i think if you are englands number one you get scrutiny and i would say he had some major wobbles last night thats all
He is a good keeper in many ways but is he Neuer, Donnaruma, Courtois, I would say not

Donnarumma has got a mistake or two in him as well. Put Italy in the mire a couple of times against Spain.
He is a decent keeper though.
England v Denmark on 21:14 - Jul 8 with 408 viewsPatfromPoole

What a night last night was.

Went up with a dozen other Saints. Unfortunately didn’t get to meet up with Wiz.

Atmosphere has been great at all the England games in the tournament. Have loved it.

Would be massive if we could win the tournament. To not be serial heroic losers could be huge for changing our mindset going forward.

Very late night due to trains being a nightmare / non-existent. Worth it for that game though.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

England v Denmark on 09:14 - Jul 9 with 338 viewssaintwizzler

England v Denmark on 21:14 - Jul 8 by PatfromPoole

What a night last night was.

Went up with a dozen other Saints. Unfortunately didn’t get to meet up with Wiz.

Atmosphere has been great at all the England games in the tournament. Have loved it.

Would be massive if we could win the tournament. To not be serial heroic losers could be huge for changing our mindset going forward.

Very late night due to trains being a nightmare / non-existent. Worth it for that game though.

I missed you hun.
All being well we will ron dez vous on Sunday in the smoke.

GAO IN!

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024