Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Denmark 23:35 - Jul 6 with 3459 viewsSadoldgit

Potentially our toughest test yet defensively I think. They have got their act together and are very strong going forward. They are starting to look tired though and I think we will have too much for them over the whole game.
England v Denmark on 22:39 - Jul 7 with 1066 viewsSaintsforeverj

There you go. Southgate is the king of England at the moment.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

England v Denmark on 22:41 - Jul 7 with 1060 viewsdirk_doone

Premier League class refereeing won it for us in the end. Sterling should have been booked for that dive; instead he won a European Championship Final place with it. But, England were the only team trying to win it at the end; the Danes were just clinging on, hoping to make it to a penalty shootout. So, yes we deserved it!

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

England v Denmark on 22:42 - Jul 7 with 1059 viewsSadoldgit

Denmark were the best team we have faced so far but ran out of legs. Wonderful evening but why the fu ck take off the best player in the squad when he had not long been on? Still, better to win a nervy 2-1 rather than a comfy 3-1 eh Gareth 😉
England v Denmark on 22:47 - Jul 7 with 1026 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

England v Denmark on 22:42 - Jul 7 by Sadoldgit

Denmark were the best team we have faced so far but ran out of legs. Wonderful evening but why the fu ck take off the best player in the squad when he had not long been on? Still, better to win a nervy 2-1 rather than a comfy 3-1 eh Gareth 😉

Grealish? Because he was sh*t.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

England v Denmark on 22:48 - Jul 7 with 1017 viewsRon11

All the Eurovision political non UK voters couldn't do anything about this one.
Suck it up you vindictive fu ckers
England v Denmark on 22:49 - Jul 7 with 1012 viewsSaintsforeverj

He took him off to make sure we got through and didnt risk them equalising. Making it impossible to for them to score, meant we got to the final. Southgate gets the job done. Great game management. Nobody can complain about the decisions of a man who has got England to a first final in 50 odd years.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 22:52]

England v Denmark on 22:54 - Jul 7 with 992 viewsSaintsforeverj

England v Denmark on 22:48 - Jul 7 by Ron11

All the Eurovision political non UK voters couldn't do anything about this one.
Suck it up you vindictive fu ckers

England are in the final
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 22:56]

England v Denmark on 23:08 - Jul 7 with 943 viewsSadoldgit

England v Denmark on 22:47 - Jul 7 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Grealish? Because he was sh*t.

He wasn’t on long enough to be sh*t.
Login to get fewer ads

England v Denmark on 23:13 - Jul 7 with 929 viewssolent_toffee

When did Grealish become the best player in the squad? He’s not even in the top 5. Foden is a much, much, better player than Grealish. Plays at a higher level, keeps the ball better, more creative, scores more goals etc. It’s weird how the narrative is now making out Grealish is off the charts.
England v Denmark on 23:16 - Jul 7 with 915 viewsSadoldgit

England v Denmark on 23:13 - Jul 7 by solent_toffee

When did Grealish become the best player in the squad? He’s not even in the top 5. Foden is a much, much, better player than Grealish. Plays at a higher level, keeps the ball better, more creative, scores more goals etc. It’s weird how the narrative is now making out Grealish is off the charts.

Just my opinion. No need to get so arsey. As for Grealish being shit, was Foden any better?
England v Denmark on 23:17 - Jul 7 with 911 viewsSaintsforeverj

England v Denmark on 23:13 - Jul 7 by solent_toffee

Southgate has made some brave decisions and deserves great respect and credit for getting it right. There was indeed a method to the madness.

England v Denmark on 23:20 - Jul 7 with 905 viewsSaintsforeverj

England v Denmark on 23:16 - Jul 7 by Sadoldgit

Just my opinion. No need to get so arsey. As for Grealish being shit, was Foden any better?

Maybe just try saying well done Southgate for doing an incredible job. The decisions he has made are obviously right: England are in the final. Enjoy it and give credit where due rather than make a dig at England's best manager since 66.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 23:21]

England v Denmark on 23:57 - Jul 7 with 861 viewsA1079

That was bl**dy stressful to watch but brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Yes, we were far from perfect and the penalty was soft but sometimes you have to take what you can. Denmark were the better side in the first half and at times we looked panicky and untidy. In that last 30 minutes though with Denmark having tired and faded there was only one team looking to win.

All credit to Southgate - sometimes I have questioned his judgement - haven't we all, but I hope our manager has learnt some tactical nouse from watching him.

Sterling has been almost a revelation in this tournament. He has given his all in every game.

The atmosphere sounded superb. I would love to have been there.

Of Denmark - I know it is easy to say when you win, but they have been a credit to the tournament and had it not been us I would have backed them. I have to say though my tip all through the tournament has been for Italy to win it. Hopefully I am now wrong! They are very good though football wise and a master at some play acting and getting away with it and they won't be adept to trying to get one of our players sent off. We will have to be cute as well as very good.

Proud of England tonight though and just happy and pleased for the team, the manager and the country.
England v Denmark on 00:54 - Jul 8 with 826 viewscocklebreath

Clueless old man. Sterling was fooking brilliant. You are a fool

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

England v Denmark on 07:48 - Jul 8 with 751 viewssolent_toffee

England v Denmark on 23:16 - Jul 7 by Sadoldgit

I wasn’t getting arsey at all just saying it how I see it, opinions and all that.

I thought Foden’s use and retention of the ball when he came on was superb.

This England team are only going to get better. Enjoy the ride.
England v Denmark on 08:10 - Jul 8 with 731 viewsSadoldgit

England v Denmark on 00:54 - Jul 8 by cocklebreath

Clueless old man. Sterling was fooking brilliant. You are a fool

I did say that Sterling didn’t play well last night did I? It’s a shame that his finishing isn’t better but he has had an excellent tournament and was a constant problem for Denmark last night. When Grealish went off it immediately changed the dynamic though and Denmark had a period where they could have got back into the game as we sat back to protect our lead. Fortunately they ran out of gas and players as they ran out the game with only 10 men. Denmark were the better team for much of the game but fair play to our resilience. We have done what we needed to do to get to the final but have only played one quality side so far. We will have to dig deeper to beat Italy, but reaching the final has been no mean feat after years of failure.
England v Denmark on 09:04 - Jul 8 with 701 viewskingolaf

Foden was excellent when he came on.

Our best 2 players were Sterling and Walker (his best game in an England shirt).

Overall, the performance wasn’t great, but we played the game we needed to in order to beat a tough team

The final will be completely different. Much more open.
England v Denmark on 09:17 - Jul 8 with 693 viewssaint22

England v Denmark on 22:41 - Jul 7 by dirk_doone

Premier League class refereeing won it for us in the end. Sterling should have been booked for that dive; instead he won a European Championship Final place with it. But, England were the only team trying to win it at the end; the Danes were just clinging on, hoping to make it to a penalty shootout. So, yes we deserved it!

We got lucky, though I thought the foul on Kane was more of a pen

Walker was immense, a real defender who can attack when needs be, never really gets caught out at all, unless he fluffs a pass

Sterling has been excellent although he was quite quiet second half bat that run for the dive/penalty

Italy - as they say - will be a whole different ball game
England v Denmark on 09:32 - Jul 8 with 685 viewsBison

England v Denmark on 08:10 - Jul 8 by Sadoldgit

I did say that Sterling didn’t play well last night did I? It’s a shame that his finishing isn’t better but he has had an excellent tournament and was a constant problem for Denmark last night. When Grealish went off it immediately changed the dynamic though and Denmark had a period where they could have got back into the game as we sat back to protect our lead. Fortunately they ran out of gas and players as they ran out the game with only 10 men. Denmark were the better team for much of the game but fair play to our resilience. We have done what we needed to do to get to the final but have only played one quality side so far. We will have to dig deeper to beat Italy, but reaching the final has been no mean feat after years of failure.

I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that 'Denmark were the better team for much of the match' We out performed them in every aspect of the game from shots 21-6 possession 58-42 , distance covered etc...

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/match/2024490--england-vs-denmark/statistics/

The only hope they had was to try and take it too penalties , there manager running out of subs and having to play with 10 men was unforgivable.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

England v Denmark on 09:50 - Jul 8 with 669 viewsSadoldgit

We were bright to start off with but I thought that Denmark were the better side for a long period and we were struggling before they scored. You could see the goal coming. Even late in when they looked dead on their feet they rallied and put in a period that had us looking ragged. A pundit (can’t remember who) said that Denmark were the better team for an hour. We all see the game differently.
England v Denmark on 09:54 - Jul 8 with 665 viewsSadoldgit

England v Denmark on 09:04 - Jul 8 by kingolaf

Foden was excellent when he came on.

Our best 2 players were Sterling and Walker (his best game in an England shirt).

Overall, the performance wasn’t great, but we played the game we needed to in order to beat a tough team

The final will be completely different. Much more open.

I’m not sure about the final being open. Southgate is nothing if not a pragmatist and I can see him setting up defensively again and looking to attack on the break. The Italians will go for it big time, they don’t seem to play any other way.
England v Denmark on 10:28 - Jul 8 with 641 viewsChesham_Saint

To paraphrase an old banner from the 70s:

“Jesus saves, but Kane scores from the rebound!”

😇

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

England v Denmark on 11:09 - Jul 8 with 617 viewsDorsetIan

England v Denmark on 09:32 - Jul 8 by Bison

I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that 'Denmark were the better team for much of the match' We out performed them in every aspect of the game from shots 21-6 possession 58-42 , distance covered etc...

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/match/2024490--england-vs-denmark/statistics/

The only hope they had was to try and take it too penalties , there manager running out of subs and having to play with 10 men was unforgivable.

In the early part of the game, I thought they worked the ball through midfield better than we did. Lots of possession with very accurate passing.

But overall they didn't have enough quality and we easily deserved the win.

I think the semi- was the psychological block for us. Now we're in the final, England will relax a bit and we'll have enough in attack to beat Italy.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

England v Denmark on 11:30 - Jul 8 with 605 viewsBerber

England v Denmark on 11:09 - Jul 8 by DorsetIan

In the early part of the game, I thought they worked the ball through midfield better than we did. Lots of possession with very accurate passing.

But overall they didn't have enough quality and we easily deserved the win.

I think the semi- was the psychological block for us. Now we're in the final, England will relax a bit and we'll have enough in attack to beat Italy.

I too thought that their midfield worked well, but luckily, their finishing was not. I fear for our back 2, as they were far from comfortable with the Danish press, and Italy do it even better. However, our attack will have more luck against their CBs than against Denmark. I'd love to see us win, but I still think Italy will have enough all round to take the trophy (as I forecast on here at the beginning after their first game.) However, I'll be delighted to be wrong.
England v Denmark on 13:46 - Jul 8 with 531 viewsSadoldgit

Some interesting points. I have no idea how this will go but we seem to have plenty in the tank and would favour us in extra time. It would be great to actually win it but just getting into a final at last also feels great. We have fallen short with better players but we finally have a squad who all work for each other so hopefully that will do the trick! I’m worried about Pickford though. He started off well enough but has looked a little flakey again in the last 2 matches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024