Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Media Hype 09:46 - Jul 9 with 2072 viewsHeisenberg

Ok it’s great England have got to a final but Jesus wept. 24 hour news coverage and people saying it’s life changing or the best thing ever to happen to this country. Get a grip ffs.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Media Hype on 13:24 - Jul 9 with 546 viewsDorsetIan

Media Hype on 13:10 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

The thing thats stood out for me is the amount of foreign born or non white people supporting England which is amazing and seems to show we're not as bad a place as the nation hating hummus eating liberal wa*k pieces who just love everything other (including nationalism/patriotism as long as its by another nation) than their own supposed Country, I couldn't abide to live in a place I hated or was resentful to, what a dreadful existence.

Come on England.

Well, well... 'amazing' that non-white people support England.

Who could have imagined it?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Media Hype on 13:33 - Jul 9 with 536 viewsBerber

The thing thats stood out for me is the amount of foreign born or non white people supporting England which is amazing and seems to show we're not as bad a place as the nation hating hummus eating liberal wa*k pieces who just love everything other (including nationalism/patriotism as long as its by another nation) than their own supposed Country, I couldn't abide to live in a place I hated or was resentful to, what a dreadful existence.

Come on England.

I agree, the younger generation are, by and large, significantly prejudice free, so hopefully, we'll see less and less of it in the coming years. I can live with the over the top hype about the team and the game. I watched the Denmark game back through this morning. We were clearly the better side, and it wasn't quite as close as it seemed to me at the time.

My Danish aunt called it correctly at the end of the game, we should have shaded it after 90 minutes, and owned extra time completely. Almost nobody over there has an issue with the penalty, it was a bit harsh but not off the scale.
Media Hype on 13:38 - Jul 9 with 529 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 13:24 - Jul 9 by DorsetIan

Well, well... 'amazing' that non-white people support England.

Who could have imagined it?

The irony was they have embraced their Country where by the St George cross is an anathema to our liberal metropolitan elite and its a positive not a negative, Owen Jones types must be pure gammon at the prospect of England winning and the people showing a bit of love for the Country, I'm loving it.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Media Hype on 13:42 - Jul 9 with 516 viewsSadoldgit

Come on England.

Foreign born and non white people??? 😂😂😂
I don’t know where you have been for the last 50 years Barry but this country is full of people with different skin tones.
Also we are all foreigners somewhere. I am British but have supported Brazil, Argentina, France, Italy, Portugal and Denmark in different competitions when we have not been there.
The world is a very large and wonderful place Barry. Perhaps you need to get out more? 😉
Media Hype on 13:48 - Jul 9 with 509 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 13:42 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

Foreign born and non white people??? 😂😂😂
I don’t know where you have been for the last 50 years Barry but this country is full of people with different skin tones.
Also we are all foreigners somewhere. I am British but have supported Brazil, Argentina, France, Italy, Portugal and Denmark in different competitions when we have not been there.
The world is a very large and wonderful place Barry. Perhaps you need to get out more? 😉

They're actually the correct terms, you don't have to be English to support England, all are welcome, even pale nation haters who eat kale as a main. I've been all over and never lived in a place that hates itself so much due to privileged introspection from wines bars and expensive white suburbs, trust me the nation hater found in England is a unique species not found elsewhere nor would they be tolerated.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone

Media Hype on 13:56 - Jul 9 with 497 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 13:48 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

They're actually the correct terms, you don't have to be English to support England, all are welcome, even pale nation haters who eat kale as a main. I've been all over and never lived in a place that hates itself so much due to privileged introspection from wines bars and expensive white suburbs, trust me the nation hater found in England is a unique species not found elsewhere nor would they be tolerated.

We move in very different circles then Barry, I have lived many decades now and not once have I met any British person who hates their country. They may disapprove of certain aspects and may be embarrassed by some of the nationalist jingoistic nonsense that goes on, but no hate.
Media Hype on 14:00 - Jul 9 with 493 viewsChesham_Saint

Media Hype on 13:56 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

We move in very different circles then Barry, I have lived many decades now and not once have I met any British person who hates their country. They may disapprove of certain aspects and may be embarrassed by some of the nationalist jingoistic nonsense that goes on, but no hate.

You should have a shufti on Twitter then Soggs, there’s quite a few who seem to despise the place they live on there…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Media Hype on 14:08 - Jul 9 with 480 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 13:56 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

This is probably the least jingoistic nation I've ever been to, we've no far right parties that are established and probably never will be, we're meek and mild and that is the beauty of England and the UK as a whole, nationalists in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are to the more extreme but that is because they're in effect opposition, the fact is nation haters don't say they hate England but their sneering and attitude that frowns upon people actually having the audacity to display affection for their nation says it all.
Around the World you're in the minority by an awful lot.

Login to get fewer ads

Media Hype on 14:11 - Jul 9 with 474 viewsDorsetIan

Media Hype on 13:38 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

The irony was they have embraced their Country where by the St George cross is an anathema to our liberal metropolitan elite and its a positive not a negative, Owen Jones types must be pure gammon at the prospect of England winning and the people showing a bit of love for the Country, I'm loving it.

You're not reading the room Barry. What is happening is that the country is showing you what patriotism is all about.

And it's not about you and your George Cross underpants, or your obsession with everyone having to hate someone else.

Media Hype on 14:18 - Jul 9 with 469 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 14:08 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

This is probably the least jingoistic nation I've ever been to, we've no far right parties that are established and probably never will be, we're meek and mild and that is the beauty of England and the UK as a whole, nationalists in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are to the more extreme but that is because they're in effect opposition, the fact is nation haters don't say they hate England but their sneering and attitude that frowns upon people actually having the audacity to display affection for their nation says it all.
Around the World you're in the minority by an awful lot.

I don’t see anybody sneering at the moment. I see plenty of people who couldn’t care less about football waving flags and jumping around and having a good time because we have reached a final. I think you are overly judging people. There is plenty in this country to dislike or to be unhappy about and there is a lot in our past to be ashamed of, the same goes for every country. But I’ll say it again, I have never met a person who actively hates this country. If that was the case, why would they still live here? You have a very low estimation of people it seems as evidenced by your constant argument that footballers only move for more money.* I know plenty of people who hate the political system here or who hate (actually hate us too strong a word - let’s say deeply disprove) the monarchy, that doesn’t mean they hate the country.

*It appears that Hoedt took a pay cut when he moved to Anderlecht. Walcott took less money to come here than was offered elsewhere. It sounds like Ings won’t go to West Ham for more money.
Media Hype on 14:25 - Jul 9 with 464 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 14:11 - Jul 9 by DorsetIan

You're not reading the room Barry. What is happening is that the country is showing you what patriotism is all about.

And it's not about you and your George Cross underpants, or your obsession with everyone having to hate someone else.

You mean this is Owen Jones types worst nightmare, I was overjoyed to see all different colours going crazy at the result, they thrive on divisive identity politics, oh I read the room well, the liberal elites seeing the English of all colours celebrating is their worst nightmare as they'd have nothing to feed on and live on after, they'd be obsolete.
Good, identity politics on all sides is a cancer that needs to be cut out.

Media Hype on 14:26 - Jul 9 with 462 viewsNumber_58

My missus has watched more football matches this week than she has the rest of her entire life. As usual, it's the hype that kills. I'm seriously concerned the country will self combust through sheer excitement should we ever reach a world cup final.
Media Hype on 14:28 - Jul 9 with 456 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 14:18 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

I don’t see anybody sneering at the moment. I see plenty of people who couldn’t care less about football waving flags and jumping around and having a good time because we have reached a final. I think you are overly judging people. There is plenty in this country to dislike or to be unhappy about and there is a lot in our past to be ashamed of, the same goes for every country. But I’ll say it again, I have never met a person who actively hates this country. If that was the case, why would they still live here? You have a very low estimation of people it seems as evidenced by your constant argument that footballers only move for more money.* I know plenty of people who hate the political system here or who hate (actually hate us too strong a word - let’s say deeply disprove) the monarchy, that doesn’t mean they hate the country.

*It appears that Hoedt took a pay cut when he moved to Anderlecht. Walcott took less money to come here than was offered elsewhere. It sounds like Ings won’t go to West Ham for more money.

Using Hoedt in any way to strengthen a point automatically weakens it.

Media Hype on 14:33 - Jul 9 with 439 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 14:18 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/21/emily-thornberry-resignation-ex

This classic, one of the reasons why Labour (my party) always now gets hammered. Laugh at the flag, lose votes, the liberal elites never understand this and the tories always gain from it. Its crass, lazy and in many ways cheap but it works but Thornberry did was to actually show her hand, a sneering contempt for the people she was supposed to represent and protect.

Media Hype on 14:33 - Jul 9 with 439 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 14:28 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

Using Hoedt in any way to strengthen a point automatically weakens it.

Not really. Apparently he has an over inflated opinion of his abilities and could easily have sat it out here and earned a large wedge.
Media Hype on 14:41 - Jul 9 with 424 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 14:33 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/21/emily-thornberry-resignation-ex

This classic, one of the reasons why Labour (my party) always now gets hammered. Laugh at the flag, lose votes, the liberal elites never understand this and the tories always gain from it. Its crass, lazy and in many ways cheap but it works but Thornberry did was to actually show her hand, a sneering contempt for the people she was supposed to represent and protect.

Do they laugh at the flag?
You only have to look at the way that people of all walks of life drop everything to wave a Union flag every time there is something remotely Royal going on to see your claim isn’t true. We are not an overly demonstrative nation generally, that doesn’t mean the place is full of haters.
Media Hype on 14:45 - Jul 9 with 420 viewskingslandstand1

Media Hype on 14:33 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

Not really. Apparently he has an over inflated opinion of his abilities and could easily have sat it out here and earned a large wedge.

Maybe he just wants to play football which he won't do at SMS?
Media Hype on 14:50 - Jul 9 with 420 viewsDorsetIan

Media Hype on 14:25 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

You mean this is Owen Jones types worst nightmare, I was overjoyed to see all different colours going crazy at the result, they thrive on divisive identity politics, oh I read the room well, the liberal elites seeing the English of all colours celebrating is their worst nightmare as they'd have nothing to feed on and live on after, they'd be obsolete.

Or maybe the liberal elites are just delighted that 'the English of all colours' can embrace a patriotism that isn't built on hatred, nostalgia for empire and the number of flags you own.

Media Hype on 14:56 - Jul 9 with 413 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 14:41 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

Do they laugh at the flag?
You only have to look at the way that people of all walks of life drop everything to wave a Union flag every time there is something remotely Royal going on to see your claim isn’t true. We are not an overly demonstrative nation generally, that doesn’t mean the place is full of haters.

They're the middle class flag wavers, different kettle of fish, they don't fly the flag of St George, they're blue British (or at least they think they are) who only fly the Union flag.
We're a nation full of sneerers yet we love all the otehr patriotic nations that have repressive laws and have established right wing parties, the liberal is a funny little thing to be studied, pitied and looked upon with care and help not scorn.

Media Hype on 15:09 - Jul 9 with 399 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 14:56 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

They're the middle class flag wavers, different kettle of fish, they don't fly the flag of St George, they're blue British (or at least they think they are) who only fly the Union flag.
We're a nation full of sneerers yet we love all the otehr patriotic nations that have repressive laws and have established right wing parties, the liberal is a funny little thing to be studied, pitied and looked upon with care and help not scorn.

Once again you are taking a minimum sample and multiplying up to make your argument. Just because a few people are like that it doesn’t mean the majority are.
I spent some time in America a few years ago and was amazed at how many Stars and Stripes flags you would see walking down a back street in a small town. I read a book recently that said that this was the sign of an immature (new) country. Old established counties don’t do that because they have no need, they know who they are. That rings true to me. They are still trying to figure out who they are. We have been around for an awful long time so have figured it out. We don’t need to fly a flag to know who we are so we only do it on special occasions.
You seem to be the one doing the sneering Barry. It is perfectly natural to feel a level of shame at the whole Empire thing if you have any level of empathy in your system. We live in a different more inclusive world now and just because people see that and want to embrace it, it doesn’t mean that they hate their country. It is just a land mass after all. It is what governments do which causes the issues, not the geography. Who doesn’t love the Lake District?
Media Hype on 15:12 - Jul 9 with 394 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 14:56 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

This is the United Kingdom therefore it makes sense to fly the Union flag. This completion is all about England in the final therefore the cross of St George (who was Turkish by the way) gets flown. Horses for courses Barry.
Media Hype on 15:13 - Jul 9 with 390 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 15:09 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

Once again you are taking a minimum sample and multiplying up to make your argument. Just because a few people are like that it doesn’t mean the majority are.
I spent some time in America a few years ago and was amazed at how many Stars and Stripes flags you would see walking down a back street in a small town. I read a book recently that said that this was the sign of an immature (new) country. Old established counties don’t do that because they have no need, they know who they are. That rings true to me. They are still trying to figure out who they are. We have been around for an awful long time so have figured it out. We don’t need to fly a flag to know who we are so we only do it on special occasions.
You seem to be the one doing the sneering Barry. It is perfectly natural to feel a level of shame at the whole Empire thing if you have any level of empathy in your system. We live in a different more inclusive world now and just because people see that and want to embrace it, it doesn’t mean that they hate their country. It is just a land mass after all. It is what governments do which causes the issues, not the geography. Who doesn’t love the Lake District?

I feel no shame in the Empire, shamed at some of the things that happened but not at the Empire, why? Nearly every nation aspired to have an Empire, even before there were nation states there were Empires (Ashanti Empire), you just have to know your shit and history son.

Media Hype on 15:18 - Jul 9 with 385 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 15:12 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

This is the United Kingdom therefore it makes sense to fly the Union flag. This completion is all about England in the final therefore the cross of St George (who was Turkish by the way) gets flown. Horses for courses Barry.

He wasn't Turkish, Turkey didn't exist when he was born. I love it when liberals try and be clever and fail. Our relationship with St George is to do with our opponents loosely, Genoa.

Media Hype on 15:30 - Jul 9 with 371 viewsSadoldgit

Media Hype on 14:25 - Jul 9 by barry_sanchez

I really don’t think you understand Barry. This is exactly what the “Liberal elite” as you call them want. Diversity. What has Owen Jones got to do with anything? He is one person with an opinion. One person. You are stuck in exactly the same mindset as the likes of Katie Hopkins. Your own prejudice makes you see it behind every curtain and sofa. This country is not perfect by a long way and god knows we have plenty of problems to deal with, but I don’t recognise the picture you are painting at all. You have taken one pixel and blown it up into a portrait.
Media Hype on 15:35 - Jul 9 with 366 viewsbarry_sanchez

Media Hype on 15:30 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

I really don’t think you understand Barry. This is exactly what the “Liberal elite” as you call them want. Diversity. What has Owen Jones got to do with anything? He is one person with an opinion. One person. You are stuck in exactly the same mindset as the likes of Katie Hopkins. Your own prejudice makes you see it behind every curtain and sofa. This country is not perfect by a long way and god knows we have plenty of problems to deal with, but I don’t recognise the picture you are painting at all. You have taken one pixel and blown it up into a portrait.

You're the reason why Labour is lost and why we're unelectable, even when it smacks you on the snout you still can't see it.
The liberal elite are Jones, Blair, Starmer, Mandelson, Clegg, Thornberry, Milliband, they haven't a clue about their supposed heartlands and core support hence why they're getting trounced.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024