Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Covid Wave 10:36 - Jul 16 with 57290 viewsSadoldgit

Infection and hospital rates climbing rapidly. Death rates projected at 200 per day. Nearly 4m people at serious risk. New information coming out about the problems Covid cause the body if it doesn’t kill you. People laid up for the best part of a year with serious complications. Concern over the AstraZenica vaccine. Is it really wise to lift most of the restrictions on Monday? We have been told that we aren’t going back into another lockdown situation no matter what, but Whitty seems to think it might have to be on the cards.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:29]
Third Covid Wave on 16:07 - Aug 6 with 1471 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 13:22 - Aug 6 by Berber

There are plenty of conspiracies to be sure. However, most of them are hooked onto chinks of raggedness around the rules and guidance which were ever changing for reasons that surely don't need explaining.

Most of the anti mainstream arguments are subsequently shown to be based on mirepresented or misleading information.

To take the Sweden case in point. I have explained in outline the main reason (the causal drivers) why their numbers per capita are lower than ours for example. Their population density is 7 - 8 times less than ours. Where they have multi generational living, it is mostly where younger or older folk live in a separate apartment from the main part of the building, not hugger mugger with the rest as happens in the vast majority of UK cases. The number of people in a residential area are far less than in the UK. Yet you continue to use it as an argument because the simple statistic can show an advantage. Without bothering with the causal reasons, the statistics become an ogre, which is your point, but in this case, argues against your thrust.

If you look at the wealth distribution in India, it is heavily weighted into the very wealthy minority, and a similar, but not so pronounced profile could be argued for the UK. However, when you look at the income per capita, the comparison shows that no matter how you look at it, India is definitely a 3rd tier economic country. Citing government mis spending as an argument won't convince any rational people to you cause. To suggest it is not 3rd world is implausible to most rational thinkers, and promoting such weak arguments lowers your credibility, which is a point that Ian makes. (Not that we agree on a lot from the debates on here).

Citing examples of litigation from the most litigious nation in the world, where any contentious ruling, will go to the Supreme Court, and lower courts are primarily interested in ensuring that they don't cover their faces with egg, knowing that a superior court will review and overturn any decision they make, means that all decisions up to the Supreme Court cannot be held as "factual" in terms of their interpreted meaning.

You have a case that we all didn't know all of the facts at the time decisions were made. Some of the guidance has been shown to be misguided, despite what appear to be best intentions (eg mask wearing). It is indisputable that we cannot know the long term implications of the vaccine. However, the best scientific knowledge around the world suggests that the risks are minimal, and insignificant to the short term risks of not vaccinating globally.

We all know that there are risks, we all know that some parties (not necessarily political) will have an interest in promoting their own interests.

Thanks for that rather comprehensive reply, people will always be suspicious of new or odd occurrences..covid has opened the floodgates for all manner of conspiracies...

I'm not in the something else is happening here camp, but I can see why many are...

As for the Sweden outcome...the deaths per capita between Stockholm and London showed that Stockholm per capita still achieved far less deaths attributed in relation to covid 19.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Third Covid Wave on 18:10 - Aug 6 with 1429 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 16:07 - Aug 6 by saint68

Thanks for that rather comprehensive reply, people will always be suspicious of new or odd occurrences..covid has opened the floodgates for all manner of conspiracies...

I'm not in the something else is happening here camp, but I can see why many are...

As for the Sweden outcome...the deaths per capita between Stockholm and London showed that Stockholm per capita still achieved far less deaths attributed in relation to covid 19.

The Swedish results are not disputed, the relevance of two completely different population distributions is, which is why I raised Norway and Finland. As well as the UK having very large population centres, most of the large ones have vibrant international travel and historic immigrant communities (which is where the majority of UK multi generational families exist). Without making value judgements, they are only comparable on a superficial level, which tell us nothing about the approaches to Covid management.

By your reckoning (apparently), we would have been better off with the Swedish approach, God forbid. I'm not sure how any rational person can argue that, other than for idealogical purposes. Or why else do you keep banging on about the Swedish results?
Third Covid Wave on 18:55 - Aug 6 with 1417 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 18:10 - Aug 6 by Berber

The Swedish results are not disputed, the relevance of two completely different population distributions is, which is why I raised Norway and Finland. As well as the UK having very large population centres, most of the large ones have vibrant international travel and historic immigrant communities (which is where the majority of UK multi generational families exist). Without making value judgements, they are only comparable on a superficial level, which tell us nothing about the approaches to Covid management.

By your reckoning (apparently), we would have been better off with the Swedish approach, God forbid. I'm not sure how any rational person can argue that, other than for idealogical purposes. Or why else do you keep banging on about the Swedish results?

Going round in circles here aren't we Pap, it's 32 degrees here and I'm off for a lovely meal with my family and friends.

You made a point, I clarified it and yet you persist with denying the very outcome...

That's me done in regards to this thread..have a lovely evening.

Third Covid Wave on 00:53 - Aug 7 with 1375 viewsJellybaby

Third Covid Wave on 18:55 - Aug 6 by saint68

Going round in circles here aren't we Pap, it's 32 degrees here and I'm off for a lovely meal with my family and friends.

You made a point, I clarified it and yet you persist with denying the very outcome...

That's me done in regards to this thread..have a lovely evening.

Ha, Berber and Dorset Ian - the gatekeepers of MSM covid orthodoxy.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 14:08 - Aug 7 with 1307 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 00:53 - Aug 7 by Jellybaby

Ha, Berber and Dorset Ian - the gatekeepers of MSM covid orthodoxy.

But better than ignorantly formed dogmatism. It wasn't hard to dismantle the weak arguments put up.
Third Covid Wave on 18:44 - Aug 22 with 1209 viewskentsouthampton

Third Covid Wave on 11:48 - Sep 3 with 1078 viewsBerber

It is now clear that the overwhelming majority of hospital admissions are completely unvaccinated. Normalising for proportionate population size, the unvaccinated are more than 25 times as likely to be hospitalised than the vaccinated if they get Covid. Sooner or later, everyone will catch it. At current levels that is 500 people everyday, consuming hospital resources that could otherwise go to treat seriously ill people who had no choice as to whether or not they become seriously ill.

Shame on the antivaxers, you are helping to make this happen.

"Nearly 75% of under-50s hospitalised with Delta unvaccinated
Earlier we brought you the latest data from Public Health England on the Delta variant and deaths, now we have some more figures on hospitalisations.

Some 9,472 people had been admitted to hospital in England up to 29 August who were either confirmed or likely to have had the Delta variant of Covid, PHE says.

Of those 5,098 were under 50. Of the under-50s 73% were unvaccinated, 14% had received one dose and 10% were fully jabbed.

Of the 4,374 people hospitalised aged 50 and over 30% were unvaccinated, 9% had received one dose and 61% had received two doses."

BBC and other media outlets.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 12:33]
Third Covid Wave on 05:09 - Sep 4 with 993 viewsBerber

As expected, the ludicrous EU case against AZ has been dropped and they have agreed a deferred delivery schedule, that still includes a clause that AZ cannot be held accountable for matters outside of its control.

I wonder if they will herald this from the rooftops as they did their bullying court prosecutions?
Login to get fewer ads

Third Covid Wave on 07:49 - Sep 4 with 970 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 11:48 - Sep 3 by Berber

It is now clear that the overwhelming majority of hospital admissions are completely unvaccinated. Normalising for proportionate population size, the unvaccinated are more than 25 times as likely to be hospitalised than the vaccinated if they get Covid. Sooner or later, everyone will catch it. At current levels that is 500 people everyday, consuming hospital resources that could otherwise go to treat seriously ill people who had no choice as to whether or not they become seriously ill.

Earlier we brought you the latest data from Public Health England on the Delta variant and deaths, now we have some more figures on hospitalisations.

Some 9,472 people had been admitted to hospital in England up to 29 August who were either confirmed or likely to have had the Delta variant of Covid, PHE says.

Of those 5,098 were under 50. Of the under-50s 73% were unvaccinated, 14% had received one dose and 10% were fully jabbed.

Of the 4,374 people hospitalised aged 50 and over 30% were unvaccinated, 9% had received one dose and 61% had received two doses."

Have a glance at the current situation in Israel, sort of distorts the theory that fully vaxxed is the answer somewhat.

Indication that they may classify deaths with even two doses as unvaxed.. as now 3 or even 4 jabs might be the point of full vaccination..moving the goalposts to suit the narrative.

An awful lot of fit young healthy people dying of heart attacks recently (vaccinated) or the new , of a brief illness.

I haven't had this expiremental concoction that actually reduces my immunity and puts me at risk from unknown side effects and nor have any of my direct family.

And most abhorrent of all is this needless rush to jab under 16's ..that is utterly deplorable and has no place in civilised society.. anyone who thinks it is OK is quite simply deluded.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 15:10]

Third Covid Wave on 07:57 - Sep 4 with 969 viewssaint68

Have a glance at the current situation in Israel, sort of distorts the theory that fully vaxxed is the answer somewhat.

Indication that they may classify deaths with even two doses as unvaxed.. as now 3 or even 4 jabs might be the point of full vaccination..moving the goalposts to suit the narrative.

An awful lot of fit young healthy people dying of heart attacks recently (vaccinated) or the new , of a brief illness.

I haven't had this expiremental concoction that actually reduces my immunity and puts me at risk from unknown side effects and nor have any of my direct family.

And most abhorrent of all is this needless rush to jab under 16's ..that is utterly deplorable and has no place in civilised society.. anyone who thinks it is OK is quite simply deluded.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 15:12]

Third Covid Wave on 08:08 - Sep 4 with 966 viewssaint68

So those figures you are using don't really make a great case for this unnecessary jab..admissions of up to 70% in fully vaccinated would be seen as an epic fail in any other circumstance!!

Rattle that baseless sabre...those figures are embarrassing in all honesty..as is what's happening in Israel..oh and you love to ramble on...so why not explain exactly what is going on in Australia? .the hostility to its citizens and the massive amount of suicides over there is extremely harrowing ...25 million people locked down for less than 500 cases per day... thats isn't safeguarding the population..its inhumane!!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 15:13]

Third Covid Wave on 10:30 - Sep 4 with 918 viewsSadoldgit

What is inhumane is letter a virus run riot in your society or putting infected people into care homes. What is inhumane is standing by and doing nothing and letting people die when there is a chance of saving lives.
Third Covid Wave on 18:23 - Sep 4 with 824 viewsJellybaby

It amazes me that people like Berber are still banging the vaccine drum. Compare the UK covid deaths last August to this August! The vaccine has been a failure and a money making racket - the only winners have been big pharma - research the new billionaires in the last year.

How many blood clots? How many young healthy people collapsing does it take before people wake up to the damage of the jab? And now despite the JCVI saying don't use an experimental vaccine on children, ministers are considering it! People need to wake up to this evil before even more damage is done and we are locked in to a digital passport system akin to China

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Third Covid Wave on 20:15 - Sep 4 with 787 viewsBerber

Third Covid Wave on 18:23 - Sep 4 by Jellybaby

It amazes me that people like Berber are still banging the vaccine drum. Compare the UK covid deaths last August to this August! The vaccine has been a failure and a money making racket - the only winners have been big pharma - research the new billionaires in the last year.

How many blood clots? How many young healthy people collapsing does it take before people wake up to the damage of the jab? And now despite the JCVI saying don't use an experimental vaccine on children, ministers are considering it! People need to wake up to this evil before even more damage is done and we are locked in to a digital passport system akin to China

Clearly you do not understand anything reported in the UK press unless is suits your distorted understanding. The current wave was induced during the summer by removing the lockdown as serious illness is radically reduced by vaccination. Your ignorance is stupendously obvious. I was once advised against arguing on Internet forums with fools, as the basis of argument rapidly becomes idiotic and onlookers find it hard to pick up the thread of and sensible argument. Your position is idiotically untenable. However, there are others that are being persuaded, as the inoculation numbers show. Thank goodness. No doubt you will expect your place in a hospital of it comes to it.
Third Covid Wave on 21:13 - Sep 4 with 769 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 20:15 - Sep 4 by Berber

Clearly you do not understand anything reported in the UK press unless is suits your distorted understanding. The current wave was induced during the summer by removing the lockdown as serious illness is radically reduced by vaccination. Your ignorance is stupendously obvious. I was once advised against arguing on Internet forums with fools, as the basis of argument rapidly becomes idiotic and onlookers find it hard to pick up the thread of and sensible argument. Your position is idiotically untenable. However, there are others that are being persuaded, as the inoculation numbers show. Thank goodness. No doubt you will expect your place in a hospital of it comes to it.

Well said.

The latest thinking on the virus is, as I understand it:

1. That the vaccine doesn't really protect against transmission and as Delta is so transmissible, we are never going to reach herd immunity and we should assume that we are all going to get it eventually.
2. Those who have been double jabbed have their risk of hospitalisation and death reduced by about 96%.
3. Ventilation and social distancing is still important to reduce viral load, which reduced the impact of the virus.
4. A much higher proportion of the unvaccinated with end up in a bad way.

To the extent that, again as I understand it, the unvaccinated are now essentially only damaging themselves (because the rest of us are going to get it any way), I say we let Jelly and others like him get on with it in terms of their own health care (or lack of it) but we should really crack down on those spreading his sort of disinformation, lest it encourages even more misguided people to remain unvaccinated.

Getting vaccinated is the single most important thing anyone can do to protect their health and their lives.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 23:27 - Sep 4 with 734 viewsSaintsforeverj

Not sure what the discussion is here. Vaccines are proven to reduce death and hospitalisation by 96 per cent as has just been mentioned above. The same number of infections, before the vaccinations, resulted in a lot more deaths than after vaccination. It's very clear - get vaccinated and you are very likely to be fine and well. So no more restrictions needed, just get vaccinated!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Third Covid Wave on 23:27 - Sep 4 with 734 viewsJellybaby

The MSM are all controlled by higher forces, so they have a pre set narrative and then try and find facts to fit. The relentless use of fear porn has been used to coerce and manipulate the public. It's like having an open sewer in your Living Room. I don't trust what is being said and I suggest you take your blinkers off a little and accept that the Billionaires of this world - the ones that meet at Davos are deciding world events and we are little more than livestock to them.

When you have to show your pass to get a drink, when you are on your 45th booster jab, when you are still wearing your tokenistic mask 5 years later, when you can't afford your budget holiday because your "green" taxes are so high you might begin to realise that you have been played big time.

My argument is not with anyone on here, we are all victims over the last 18 months and the Elites are using "Divide and conquer" tactics, but you Covid militants are just prolonging the pain. Stop playing their games and try getting back to old normal.

Third Covid Wave on 07:44 - Sep 5 with 692 viewsDorsetIan

Third Covid Wave on 23:27 - Sep 4 by Jellybaby

The MSM are all controlled by higher forces, so they have a pre set narrative and then try and find facts to fit. The relentless use of fear porn has been used to coerce and manipulate the public. It's like having an open sewer in your Living Room. I don't trust what is being said and I suggest you take your blinkers off a little and accept that the Billionaires of this world - the ones that meet at Davos are deciding world events and we are little more than livestock to them.

When you have to show your pass to get a drink, when you are on your 45th booster jab, when you are still wearing your tokenistic mask 5 years later, when you can't afford your budget holiday because your "green" taxes are so high you might begin to realise that you have been played big time.

My argument is not with anyone on here, we are all victims over the last 18 months and the Elites are using "Divide and conquer" tactics, but you Covid militants are just prolonging the pain. Stop playing their games and try getting back to old normal.

You think you are enlightened but it’s simpler than that, you’re just being dumb.

Get yourself vaccinated.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Third Covid Wave on 07:53 - Sep 5 with 691 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 21:13 - Sep 4 by DorsetIan

Well said.

The latest thinking on the virus is, as I understand it:

1. That the vaccine doesn't really protect against transmission and as Delta is so transmissible, we are never going to reach herd immunity and we should assume that we are all going to get it eventually.
2. Those who have been double jabbed have their risk of hospitalisation and death reduced by about 96%.
3. Ventilation and social distancing is still important to reduce viral load, which reduced the impact of the virus.
4. A much higher proportion of the unvaccinated with end up in a bad way.

To the extent that, again as I understand it, the unvaccinated are now essentially only damaging themselves (because the rest of us are going to get it any way), I say we let Jelly and others like him get on with it in terms of their own health care (or lack of it) but we should really crack down on those spreading his sort of disinformation, lest it encourages even more misguided people to remain unvaccinated.

Getting vaccinated is the single most important thing anyone can do to protect their health and their lives.

Just a quick question

Why after over 18 months is it still not possible for one single cell of covid-19 to be shown in insolation?

Not one health agency on the entire globe has been able to do so!!

Folow the science?

Third Covid Wave on 08:04 - Sep 5 with 689 viewssaint68

So Israel was heralded and shown as the way forward, it certainly is not currently..there is one anomaly however in Israel..that being the 1 million orthodox unvaccinated Jews that haven't seen any visible rise in cases amongst its communities.

Those mainly ill are those who received the earliest roll out of the expiremental vaccine..would it not be too outlandish to assume that they are now suffering from issues created by having the jab...looking similar in the US and the figures here yesterday that clearly showed that nearly 70% of hospital admissions in the over 50's for covid was in the vaccinated..

Maybe it's just another case of Follow the science until doesn't suit the narrative
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 8:12]

Third Covid Wave on 08:20 - Sep 5 with 677 viewsHeisenberg

If anyone doesn’t want to take the vaccine in order to protect themselves or others then that’s there choice but could they sign an agreement that if and when they get ill from covid they do not wish to be treated or take up any valuable NHS time or resources.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Third Covid Wave on 08:57 - Sep 5 with 664 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 08:20 - Sep 5 by Heisenberg

If anyone doesn’t want to take the vaccine in order to protect themselves or others then that’s there choice but could they sign an agreement that if and when they get ill from covid they do not wish to be treated or take up any valuable NHS time or resources.

With current bed occupancy in uk hospitals due to covid-19 in the over 50's being those who are vaccinated by a scale of nearly 4 in 5 it would sort of make that statement invalid wouldn't you say.

Do You want a two teir health system on the premise of not having a fully certified experimental injection being the deciding factor, I'd suggest that you think that through again.

Not everyone is happy at the thought of having an irreversible experimental concoction pumped into their immune systems..that includes many NHS staff serving police officers and armed forces personnel and alike, to just simply right off a section of society that are sceptical about an untested non licensed experimental drug is rather selfish isn't it..it works both ways...don't bring it into an I'm better than you scenario because you've taken something that hasn't even had enough time to be fully validated and deemed non lethal to humans in the foreseeable future.

Third Covid Wave on 09:14 - Sep 5 with 658 viewsHeisenberg

Third Covid Wave on 08:57 - Sep 5 by saint68

With current bed occupancy in uk hospitals due to covid-19 in the over 50's being those who are vaccinated by a scale of nearly 4 in 5 it would sort of make that statement invalid wouldn't you say.

Do You want a two teir health system on the premise of not having a fully certified experimental injection being the deciding factor, I'd suggest that you think that through again.

Not everyone is happy at the thought of having an irreversible experimental concoction pumped into their immune systems..that includes many NHS staff serving police officers and armed forces personnel and alike, to just simply right off a section of society that are sceptical about an untested non licensed experimental drug is rather selfish isn't it..it works both ways...don't bring it into an I'm better than you scenario because you've taken something that hasn't even had enough time to be fully validated and deemed non lethal to humans in the foreseeable future.

As I said its your choice if you wish to base your life and the choices you make on Internet conspiracy theories.The simple fact is we have eradicated many diseases with vaccination programmes and you yourself as a child was probably vaccinated. If you don't want to take the COVID one then that's fine, just don't whine and expect everyone to come running if and when you get ill. Too many people bang on about rights without looking at the responsibilties that comes with it.

Could you explain why governments all over the world are experimenting on people with untested unlicensed drugs ? I am genuinely interested but conspiracy theorists never seem to actually come up with any credible theory that stands up to analysis.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Third Covid Wave on 09:33 - Sep 5 with 647 viewssaint68

Third Covid Wave on 09:14 - Sep 5 by Heisenberg

As I said its your choice if you wish to base your life and the choices you make on Internet conspiracy theories.The simple fact is we have eradicated many diseases with vaccination programmes and you yourself as a child was probably vaccinated. If you don't want to take the COVID one then that's fine, just don't whine and expect everyone to come running if and when you get ill. Too many people bang on about rights without looking at the responsibilties that comes with it.

Could you explain why governments all over the world are experimenting on people with untested unlicensed drugs ? I am genuinely interested but conspiracy theorists never seem to actually come up with any credible theory that stands up to analysis.

Firstly the fact not one government health agency on the planet has managed to show an isolated cell sample of covid-19 should raise alarm in anyone.

To blindly follow the science when the science has been proved wrong more times than right needs questioning

For governments across the globe including our shambolic mess to be allowed to rip up the oaths we adhered to for centuries and do as they please with impunity should be questioned.

To roll out mass vaccine programmes without proper standard safety and efficiency provisions is scandalous, the figures for such a roll out don't stand up to scrutiny.

To build temporary covid centres and never use them as there simply wasn't the requirement would indicate that yet again this has been completely mismanaged and also show that the virulence and subsequent requirement for hospital accommodation was completely unnecessary.

No conspiracies here bud..just logically setting out the failures and misrepresentations that this and many other governments have shown since the outset.

You failed to answer your rather disturbing stance on a two tier health service, why would that be?

Third Covid Wave on 09:57 - Sep 5 with 632 viewsSadoldgit

The Covid centres weren’t used because they didn’t have the staff for them. You don’t think it would make sense to use them for the Covid cases and free up hospitals for their usual cases if they could?
The vaccines weren’t just plucked out of them air. They have been modified from current vaccines. The fact that any problems with them have been in a small minority (and most drugs have side effects to some people) shows that they were right to go ahead with the programme.
Thank God we had a lock down, albeit it too late for many. This pandemic is as serious as they come and needed serious attention. The only problem we had was not reacting quickly enough but the vaccination programme makes perfect sense in an imperfect world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024