Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard 12:05 - Jul 29 with 1246 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55336/southampton-prepar

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 14:46 - Jul 29 with 1137 viewsSonicBoom

Maybe Spurs will show their hand now that Alderweireld has gone.
Weren't Leicester supposed to be interested.

Vestergaard is a strange one.
Since he's arrived he managed to look like the best CB in the league at times.
He's also managed to look like that barge that got wedged in the Suez canal.
And all points inbetween.

Overall I'd say he's good for us, but if I were Spurs or Leicester with higher ambitions I'm not sure he'd be my no.1 target.
Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 15:25 - Jul 29 with 1112 viewssaint22

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 14:46 - Jul 29 by SonicBoom

Overall I'd say he's good for us, but if I were Spurs or Leicester with higher ambitions I'm not sure he'd be my no.1 target.

Far too error prone for a so called 'bigger' club
He proved that in the Euros not just when he plays for us
Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 17:12 - Jul 29 with 1026 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 15:25 - Jul 29 by saint22

Far too error prone for a so called 'bigger' club
He proved that in the Euros not just when he plays for us

I think he did shine for us when he got back in but still had the errors. Though his best areas were his long cross field balls that certainly gave us a quick attacking option now and again, and sometimes his heading ability at corners (for us!!)

So a bit of a liability at CB in my opinion but who do we replace him with?

He's had good press so should make a few bob more than what we paid for him which should cheer Gao up
Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 21:37 - Jul 29 with 874 viewsWaylander

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 14:46 - Jul 29 by SonicBoom

isn't Cristian Romero Spurs #1 target?
Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 861 viewssaint22

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 17:12 - Jul 29 by kingslandstand1

I think he did shine for us when he got back in but still had the errors. Though his best areas were his long cross field balls that certainly gave us a quick attacking option now and again, and sometimes his heading ability at corners (for us!!)

So a bit of a liability at CB in my opinion but who do we replace him with?

He's had good press so should make a few bob more than what we paid for him which should cheer Gao up

Kurt Zouma
Off to Wham
Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 23:04 - Jul 29 with 814 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I very much doubt he'll go to a bigger club than Saints. He's far too erratic, which is why he's still here. One minute he is pretty damn good, then the next two average.

This smacks of someone trying to get the guy (or the club) one last pay deal.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 23:20 - Jul 29 with 797 viewsBicester_North

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 23:04 - Jul 29 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I very much doubt he'll go to a bigger club than Saints. He's far too erratic, which is why he's still here. One minute he is pretty damn good, then the next two average.

This smacks of someone trying to get the guy (or the club) one last pay deal.

I thought that about Hojbjerg, but the likes of Spurs or even Liverpool seem to just believe the hype about any player and be willing to spunk big money just to have him on the books.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 23:36 - Jul 29 with 785 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 23:20 - Jul 29 by Bicester_North

I thought that about Hojbjerg, but the likes of Spurs or even Liverpool seem to just believe the hype about any player and be willing to spunk big money just to have him on the books.

Good point, I can't argue with that. I still can't see whose defence he'd improve (at a "big" club), but I'm not paid to be a scout or manager so will stand corrected I'm sure.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 09:11 - Jul 30 with 635 viewsButty101

Vestergaard is our best centre back. We should be keeping him. The clues in the fact that no clubs want any of our other ones.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Preparing For Offers For Vestergaard on 13:21 - Jul 30 with 516 viewskingolaf

Laughable to think we could get away with selling Vest and not replace him.

Sell him and buy a right-footed CB to play alongside Salisu. The others aren’t good enough and there is a reason we conceded so many last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024