Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! 14:46 - Jul 31 with 2600 viewssuzie

Is he injured? Or already training with his ‘new’ club?

Seems the official line is that he’s picked up a slight knock ... or could it be that he is currently too valuable a commodity to be risked?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 15:04]

Poll: Would you welcome Koeman back to the club?

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:07 - Jul 31 with 2015 viewsSaintsforeverj

He has a slight knock. He is feeling unwell. Meanwhile, Villa have made a bid and want to sign him 🤔.

A big player to be sold and our captain. I hope we replace him properly.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 15:09]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:27 - Jul 31 with 1957 viewssaint22

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:07 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

He has a slight knock. He is feeling unwell. Meanwhile, Villa have made a bid and want to sign him 🤔.

A big player to be sold and our captain. I hope we replace him properly.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 15:09]

If he goes it will be a real damning indictment of the state of our club
If he goes for anything less than 50m even more so
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:31 - Jul 31 with 1951 viewsSaintsforeverj

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:27 - Jul 31 by saint22

I don't actually think Ward-Prowse is absolutely vital to the team, as he can go missing quite often, so he is replaceable, especially for 40 million plus. But will they spend 20 or 30 million plus on a really decent replacement? Koeman managed to spend wisely when we sold a load of players, so it's possible we could get a fresh good player in, but will we try to do it on the cheap? We shall see.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 15:31]

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:34 - Jul 31 with 1936 viewssaint22

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:31 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

I don't actually think Ward-Prowse is absolutely vital to the team, as he can go missing quite often, so he is replaceable, especially for 40 million plus. But will they spend 20 or 30 million plus on a really decent replacement? Koeman managed to spend wisely when we sold a load of players, so it's possible we could get a fresh good player in, but will we try to do it on the cheap? We shall see.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 15:31]

I get your point but he is one player who has improved exponentially under Ralph and does not give up plus his deliver and free kicks give us 10 goals a season
And you just know we won’t replace him adequately
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:48 - Jul 31 with 1921 viewssaint68

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 15:27 - Jul 31 by saint22

You do annoy me!!.but you're comments in regards to this post are absolutely spot on.

If Ben White is £50 million then JWP is £75 million at least...but in reality the prices are ridiculous and the game is proper fuked...

Grealish £100 million 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Now that's how fuked it is!!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 15:54]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 16:00 - Jul 31 with 1900 viewsSadoldgit

Or it could just be that he has a slight knock and they don’t want to risk him in meaningless pre season games? Apparently he was in the stands for the previously friendly. Why bother travelling if you are about to leave?
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 16:16 - Jul 31 with 1866 viewsSaintsforeverj

Villa also buying Leon Bailey for 30 million and Todd Cantwell. They have 100 million to spend ofcourse.

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:02 - Jul 31 with 1822 viewsdirk_doone

Dare I say it, but in our last 2 pre-season games, we've looked much better without him. Although we obviously have no one else who can score from free-kicks, our midfield has looked faster and more fluid. We've swarmed forward at pace and overwhelmed the opposition. Of course, that has been against Championship teams.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 17:06]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:10 - Jul 31 with 1801 viewsSaintsforeverj

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:02 - Jul 31 by dirk_doone

Dare I say it, but in our last 2 pre-season games, we've looked much better without him. Although we obviously have no one else who can score from free-kicks, our midfield has looked faster and more fluid. We've swarmed forward at pace and overwhelmed the opposition. Of course, that has been against Championship teams.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 17:06]

You make a good point. Always liked Ward-Prowse but he can slow up the play a bit. We have swarmed forward with pace, so if we add a player for 20 million plus in midfield, could it improve the team? Maybe.

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:20 - Jul 31 with 1780 viewskernow

Past experience and precedent tells us what we all know already.
The question remains, how much?
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:27 - Jul 31 with 1771 viewssaint22

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:20 - Jul 31 by kernow

Past experience and precedent tells us what we all know already.
The question remains, how much?

It’s times like these you really wish players would come out and say unequivocally they are staying put, otherwise this charade carries on all through August messing up the seasons start and preventing us bringing players in
As you say it feels very deja vu
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:55 - Jul 31 with 1733 viewskingslandstand1

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 16:16 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

Villa also buying Leon Bailey for 30 million and Todd Cantwell. They have 100 million to spend ofcourse.

Well we could have near that in a couple of weeks and I wonder what we'd spend it on! I see we are getting some new tv's around the concourses though ....
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:57 - Jul 31 with 1731 viewskingslandstand1

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:27 - Jul 31 by saint22

It’s times like these you really wish players would come out and say unequivocally they are staying put, otherwise this charade carries on all through August messing up the seasons start and preventing us bringing players in
As you say it feels very deja vu

Just as well we've got an easy start to the season then
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:59 - Jul 31 with 1721 viewsMattFinish

He's gone and will be joined by Ingsy and Vestergaard.
Welcome to a long hard season, the Saints way
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 18:15 - Jul 31 with 1695 viewsBison

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 16:00 - Jul 31 by Sadoldgit

Or it could just be that he has a slight knock and they don’t want to risk him in meaningless pre season games? Apparently he was in the stands for the previously friendly. Why bother travelling if you are about to leave?

You are such a trusting sole SoG's

(apart from anything to do with the Tories then you think Cummings is the 2nd Coming )

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 18:52 - Jul 31 with 1654 viewssaint22

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 17:55 - Jul 31 by kingslandstand1

Well we could have near that in a couple of weeks and I wonder what we'd spend it on! I see we are getting some new tv's around the concourses though ....

Yep all set to watch the championship round up In a Seasons time
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 19:09 - Jul 31 with 1639 viewsBerber

The TVs are so we can see the sponsor ads better, I'm sure.
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 19:19 - Jul 31 with 1630 viewsSaintsforeverj

The tvs that I don't think are even there yet! I think they are planning to put them there in October.

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 19:32 - Jul 31 with 1611 viewsSonicBoom

If we replace him with a 25 million player that guycwill want big wages which upsets the rest of the squad.
Oh and people were moaning about the state of the stadium. Saints web even have a dedicated thread. So saints say they are spending 2.5 million and guess what...loads of people still aren't happy and moan that we should spend every penny on the pitch...
Sometimes the club just can't win.
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 19:38 - Jul 31 with 1600 viewsSadoldgit

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 18:15 - Jul 31 by Bison

You are such a trusting sole SoG's

(apart from anything to do with the Tories then you think Cummings is the 2nd Coming )

No, he is the 1st Cummings!
As for JWP, these games are played to get people up to fitness as part of the pre-season preparations so why would he sit it out? He needs to get match fit as does everyone else. There is no guarantee that the Grealish deal will be done and if it is it is pure speculation that we will sell our captain to Aston Villa (who by that stage will have sold their best player. If it happens it happens, but just because he has missed two games through “injury “ doesn’t automatically mean that he is off.
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 20:01 - Jul 31 with 1561 viewsBLEEDRED

I expect if Villa offer £30 million and add a few million extra in various bonuses, Saints will take it. Danny is just waiting to see if a better offer comes in, if not will just stay and run down his contract then move to some Middle Eastern team on a massive contract. Likewise, Vesty will leave it to the last moment to see if a big move comes in. Leaving Saints to panic buy in the last few hours of the transfer window and buy anyone they can get.
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 20:02 - Jul 31 with 1558 viewsSaintsforeverj

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 19:38 - Jul 31 by Sadoldgit

No, he is the 1st Cummings!
As for JWP, these games are played to get people up to fitness as part of the pre-season preparations so why would he sit it out? He needs to get match fit as does everyone else. There is no guarantee that the Grealish deal will be done and if it is it is pure speculation that we will sell our captain to Aston Villa (who by that stage will have sold their best player. If it happens it happens, but just because he has missed two games through “injury “ doesn’t automatically mean that he is off.

It doesn't automatically mean that, but what are the odds on an ever present player that hasn't missed a game for 2 years suddenly missing two games, in the same week that there is a bid for him? Some might think that something is going on. If this is the case, he would sit it out, because Ralph wouldn't pick a player that he knows won't be in his team next season!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 20:16]

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 21:01 - Jul 31 with 1498 viewsSadoldgit

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 20:02 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

It doesn't automatically mean that, but what are the odds on an ever present player that hasn't missed a game for 2 years suddenly missing two games, in the same week that there is a bid for him? Some might think that something is going on. If this is the case, he would sit it out, because Ralph wouldn't pick a player that he knows won't be in his team next season!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 20:16]

Which would make perfect sense if the club were looking to sell him and if he wasn’t happy here. The club isn’t looking to sell him and I believe that he is happy here.
Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 21:09 - Jul 31 with 1491 viewsSaintsforeverj

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 21:01 - Jul 31 by Sadoldgit

Which would make perfect sense if the club were looking to sell him and if he wasn’t happy here. The club isn’t looking to sell him and I believe that he is happy here.

This club isn't looking to sell him and he is happy here? That's good news - our captain is staying then. Apparently Man City haven't got any money either - Guadiola said so.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 21:11]

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 09:16 - Aug 1 with 1232 viewsChesham_Saint

Where’s JWP? Not in Swansea! on 20:01 - Jul 31 by BLEEDRED

I expect if Villa offer £30 million and add a few million extra in various bonuses, Saints will take it. Danny is just waiting to see if a better offer comes in, if not will just stay and run down his contract then move to some Middle Eastern team on a massive contract. Likewise, Vesty will leave it to the last moment to see if a big move comes in. Leaving Saints to panic buy in the last few hours of the transfer window and buy anyone they can get.

If JWP goes to a club like Villa (who, let’s face it without Grealish are bang ordinary) I will be mightily pissed off.

They way I’m feeling, If all 3 go then this season may well be my last.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024