Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
65 years a Rochdale fan 19:36 - Aug 13 with 19097 viewsjokerthief

Am I right in thinking that if you do not have a mobile phone you cannot go watch the team you have watched for decades anymore? Now living 20 miles away, I do not want to travel just to buy a ticket on a Friday, I just want to drive to the ground arrive there about 2.30 pm and watch the match. I do not have, or want a mobile phone. maybe elderly people are not welcomed anymore.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:33 - Aug 16 with 2538 viewsDaleiLama

65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:06 - Aug 16 by TVOS1907

Using 1750 as the SC number (sure it's more as quite a few last-minute purchasers .... I know of 3 buying 5 at least) gives ~500 potd. How is that in a historical context please TVOS? Tvm.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:39 - Aug 16 with 2511 viewsTVOS1907

65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:33 - Aug 16 by DaleiLama

Using 1750 as the SC number (sure it's more as quite a few last-minute purchasers .... I know of 3 buying 5 at least) gives ~500 potd. How is that in a historical context please TVOS? Tvm.

No idea. I've no records of numbers of season ticket holders, etc. Or do you mean something else?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 14:47]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:41 - Aug 16 with 2501 viewsDaleiLama

65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:39 - Aug 16 by TVOS1907

No idea. I've no records of numbers of season ticket holders, etc. Or do you mean something else?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 14:47]

Correct. That's what I meant. Curious as to whether ST numbers down, potd down or both?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 17:18 - Aug 16 with 2340 viewsTheTedOliverFanclub

I have been a fan for over 30 years, i have no mobile phone with internet action, no printer, lucky for me i have a season ticket, the club has clearly stated that tickets cannot be sold on the day, how bloody stupid.Does the club realise , people decide on short notice to see the game, could the trust get involved quickly as the club will loose a lot of money in very short period id it is not sorted.Also could the Trust board rep remind the club , the fans are not all coputer literate.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 17:44 - Aug 16 with 2283 viewsDalenet

65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:41 - Aug 16 by DaleiLama

Correct. That's what I meant. Curious as to whether ST numbers down, potd down or both?

I recall that we announced that we had sold 2400 STs the season before covid.

We will be down on both Season cards and POTD. Some people have moved on now, some financially hit and some sadly passed on. It will take time to rebuild the fan base.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 18:28 - Aug 16 with 2215 viewsRochblue

3 of us decided last minute to go to Saturday's game (work commitments mean I rarely know in advance if I'll be able to make it or not these day) and it was a surprise to find we couldn't pay on the day at the turnstile. Might have been down to my own ignorance but I don't recall seeing anywhere that under normal circumstances we'd not be able to get in despite following/reading a generous amount of social media/websites.
Fortunately we were there quite early so managed to queue and buy tickets, but were told it was probably a one-off as they're stopping selling tickets on the day. There were a decent amount of people in the queue in the same boat too, many of who wouldn't have made kick-off, plus a handful queuing with season/loyalty card problems.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:24 - Aug 16 with 2128 viewsbarryroch

Can someone put it in simple terms.CAN YOU BUY A TICKET ON THE DAY OF THE GAME. How do away supporters get a ticket?
65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:33 - Aug 16 with 2114 viewsalderleydale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 17:18 - Aug 16 by TheTedOliverFanclub

I have been a fan for over 30 years, i have no mobile phone with internet action, no printer, lucky for me i have a season ticket, the club has clearly stated that tickets cannot be sold on the day, how bloody stupid.Does the club realise , people decide on short notice to see the game, could the trust get involved quickly as the club will loose a lot of money in very short period id it is not sorted.Also could the Trust board rep remind the club , the fans are not all coputer literate.

Excellent post
I’m approaching 70 and live in Cheshire, so at my age for one reason or another I’m not going to get to every home game these days.
I wanted to go on Saturday (late decision due to my circumstances) but couldn’t be bothered because like other older people on here it’s far too much hassle pissing about online.
Like the OP I want to turn up at 2.30ish pay cash buy a pie and a brew(with cash)
The club needs to realise quickly we are not all IT consultants or even computer literate.
I can’t be bothered sorting tickets out for tomorrow either.
Login to get fewer ads

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:50 - Aug 16 with 2065 views49thseason

So we get into November, its a Saturday and its been pouring down for days . At 12.00 all the local amateur football is called off but the Dale match is still on.
Discussion in pub or clubhouse or dozens of homes... "Lets go and watch the Dale instead" "Can't, they don't sell tickets on the day of a match" FFS.

Buy a shed, put it on a pallet, paint "cash tickets" on the side , plonk it outside the Ratcliffe. put someone inside with a batch of tickets and a credit card machine and some cash . after the game tally up what has been sold, lift the shed on the pallet with a pallet truck and wheel it into the ground for safety. Put the cash in the safe. Rinse and repeat at each home game.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:03 - Aug 16 with 2019 viewsTVOS1907

I'm not sure if it's significant, but the Forest Green story linked below doesn't mention tickets will not be sold on matchday at the Ticket Office, whereas the Scunthorpe story at the weekend did.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/upnext_fgrhome/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/matchdayinfoscunthorpeunited_1408

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:08 - Aug 16 with 1987 views49thseason

Just tried to buy one for a pal for tomorrow and there are none to buy , I can buy a half time draw and an Hospitality ticket but not a match ticket???
Ideas?
65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:17 - Aug 16 with 1964 viewsDaleiLama

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:08 - Aug 16 by 49thseason

Just tried to buy one for a pal for tomorrow and there are none to buy , I can buy a half time draw and an Hospitality ticket but not a match ticket???
Ideas?

Keep scrolling down that page
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 20:18]

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:19 - Aug 16 with 1942 views49thseason

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:17 - Aug 16 by DaleiLama

Keep scrolling down that page
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 20:18]

Thanks, I did and found it eventually , but why the fark isn't the match ticket next to the Half time draw and hospitality tickets? Amateurish isn't it?
65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:43 - Aug 16 with 1895 viewsjokerthief

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:33 - Aug 16 by alderleydale

Excellent post
I’m approaching 70 and live in Cheshire, so at my age for one reason or another I’m not going to get to every home game these days.
I wanted to go on Saturday (late decision due to my circumstances) but couldn’t be bothered because like other older people on here it’s far too much hassle pissing about online.
Like the OP I want to turn up at 2.30ish pay cash buy a pie and a brew(with cash)
The club needs to realise quickly we are not all IT consultants or even computer literate.
I can’t be bothered sorting tickets out for tomorrow either.

I must apologise to Rochdale afc, my home team, i supported for over 65 years.
I remember going to every single match, home and away when Rochdale got to the final of the league cup, even Southampton away. At the final v Norwich I sold programmes on Sandy lane. there was 6 of us kids spread around the ground selling them. The guy in charge said i sold more than the other 5 lads combined. I did have the best spot though. None of us got paid it was voluntary we did it for the club. But we did get free entrance to watch the game. Another time a friend and me, two 14 year old hitch hiked to Gillingham to watch Dale on a Tuesday night match. We waited and watched as the team bus set off back to Rochdale after the match, we had no money and had to hitch hike home, The coach set off then stopped, Ronnie Cairns came off the coach and asked how are we going to get back to Rochdale? I told him, and he said please come with us back on the coach. I always admired him for that. Now I cannot get past the turnstile, as i am old fashioned, and so undesirable.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:08 - Aug 16 with 1843 viewsDaleiLama

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:19 - Aug 16 by 49thseason

Thanks, I did and found it eventually , but why the fark isn't the match ticket next to the Half time draw and hospitality tickets? Amateurish isn't it?

If I had my cynical hat on I would say a certain person who doesn't know who any of us are but admits to trying to upsell us when the opportunity presents itself has done exactly that? Good job I haven't then

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:15 - Aug 16 with 1830 viewsAtThePeake

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:43 - Aug 16 by jokerthief

I remember going to every single match, home and away when Rochdale got to the final of the league cup, even Southampton away. At the final v Norwich I sold programmes on Sandy lane. there was 6 of us kids spread around the ground selling them. The guy in charge said i sold more than the other 5 lads combined. I did have the best spot though. None of us got paid it was voluntary we did it for the club. But we did get free entrance to watch the game. Another time a friend and me, two 14 year old hitch hiked to Gillingham to watch Dale on a Tuesday night match. We waited and watched as the team bus set off back to Rochdale after the match, we had no money and had to hitch hike home, The coach set off then stopped, Ronnie Cairns came off the coach and asked how are we going to get back to Rochdale? I told him, and he said please come with us back on the coach. I always admired him for that. Now I cannot get past the turnstile, as i am old fashioned, and so undesirable.

Does anyone have a printer at home that could help Jokerthief out? He could put your email address in at the checkout, you could print the ticket off for him and then meet him at the ground?

I'd offer myself but I don't have a printer at home and coming from Salford I won't have time to get to one before the game tomorrow.

Tangled up in blue.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:18 - Aug 16 with 1805 viewsSuddenLad

65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:43 - Aug 16 by jokerthief

I bet there weren't many 8-year old programme sellers at the League Cup final.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:21 - Aug 16 with 1787 viewskel

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:15 - Aug 16 by AtThePeake

Does anyone have a printer at home that could help Jokerthief out? He could put your email address in at the checkout, you could print the ticket off for him and then meet him at the ground?

I'd offer myself but I don't have a printer at home and coming from Salford I won't have time to get to one before the game tomorrow.

He has me on ignore but if anybody wants to PM him I’ll happily do it for him tomorrow. I spend all day on bleedin’ printers.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:26 - Aug 16 with 1773 viewsDaleiLama

Question for the Trust to ask the club. Is there really nothing that can be done for fans wanting to potd on an on-going basis. With or without cash?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:27 - Aug 16 with 1771 viewsjokerthief

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:18 - Aug 16 by SuddenLad

I bet there weren't many 8-year old programme sellers at the League Cup final.

I was 14 year old dressed in painted black and white jacket and top hat.
My name is Alan Purdy, I started Purdys ice cream, I once owned the Church Inn, which was outside the ground, I lived in the USA for 3 years and Thailand for 11 years.
Do you need to know anything else Sudden Fan?
4 years military service attached to special forces.
Admittedly clueless on a computer, but can play bridge ( I am a grand master)
And played poker professionally in Vegas and L.A. for 3 years.
I have 2 English children 4 grandchildren, and 2 mixed race race children that live in Asia.
Do not need to live behind a keyboard.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:30 - Aug 16 with 1756 viewstony_roch975

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:24 - Aug 16 by barryroch

Can someone put it in simple terms.CAN YOU BUY A TICKET ON THE DAY OF THE GAME. How do away supporters get a ticket?

When I asked the Ticket Office on Saturday they said you could buy a matchday ticket from them and pay cash. Away supporters can collect their tickets from the PortaCabin behind the Family stand.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 1710 views49thseason

Not going to upsell anything if people cant buy tickets easily. Surely the best way is to sell a ticket and then send a link to their email or phone offering hospitality and failing that a half time draw ticket?
65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 1710 viewsalderleydale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:30 - Aug 16 by tony_roch975

When I asked the Ticket Office on Saturday they said you could buy a matchday ticket from them and pay cash. Away supporters can collect their tickets from the PortaCabin behind the Family stand.

Thanks for that Tony.

Glad to see not all posters are sarcastic c**ts.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 1704 viewsDalenet

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:50 - Aug 16 by 49thseason

So we get into November, its a Saturday and its been pouring down for days . At 12.00 all the local amateur football is called off but the Dale match is still on.
Discussion in pub or clubhouse or dozens of homes... "Lets go and watch the Dale instead" "Can't, they don't sell tickets on the day of a match" FFS.

Buy a shed, put it on a pallet, paint "cash tickets" on the side , plonk it outside the Ratcliffe. put someone inside with a batch of tickets and a credit card machine and some cash . after the game tally up what has been sold, lift the shed on the pallet with a pallet truck and wheel it into the ground for safety. Put the cash in the safe. Rinse and repeat at each home game.

Money laundering? Rinse and repeat
65 years a Rochdale fan on 22:25 - Aug 16 with 1630 viewsSuddenLad

Still young was that. Great memories.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024