Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
65 years a Rochdale fan 19:36 - Aug 13 with 19100 viewsjokerthief

Am I right in thinking that if you do not have a mobile phone you cannot go watch the team you have watched for decades anymore? Now living 20 miles away, I do not want to travel just to buy a ticket on a Friday, I just want to drive to the ground arrive there about 2.30 pm and watch the match. I do not have, or want a mobile phone. maybe elderly people are not welcomed anymore.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 00:05 - Aug 18 with 3805 viewsmatthewdale1983

I purchased a rewards card last week, wouldn’t allow me to purchase a ticket online on Saturday so queued up for ages to get a ticket before the game, I also emailed the club twice about the issue and had no response, went to buy tonight’s ticket and still just says ‘no event found’, thought with it being late I can’t be bothered to queue up again and decided not to bother going to the match. The club really need to sort this mess out, Tuesday nights are never that appealing but making it hard to get in must be putting others off coming.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 00:11 - Aug 18 with 3787 views_Windydale

Someone was in my seat today.

If it helps

Maybe we can add the reserved sticker ourselves to our own seats? I'd be happy to show my season ticket at the office and pick up one, or make one myself.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 0:12]
65 years a Rochdale fan on 00:42 - Aug 18 with 3729 viewsjokerthief

Just come back from the Forest Green match, turned up at 7.15pm queued for only 4 minutes, told them my name, said i had no mobile, can i purchase a ticket?
She was lovely and very efficient, i was ticket in hand and in the Radcliffe arms for a swift pint by 7.23 pm. well done ticket office. match result disappointing, but that's life.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 07:58 - Aug 18 with 3587 views1907

Unfortunately, the three seats me and my family have sat on for the last 25 years appear to have been double sold.

A nice family were sat in my seats and when we had a conversation we had the exact same printed season tickets.

I’ve no idea how the club have managed to do this but has anybody else had this problem?
65 years a Rochdale fan on 09:11 - Aug 18 with 3510 viewsDalenet

65 years a Rochdale fan on 00:11 - Aug 18 by _Windydale

Someone was in my seat today.

If it helps

Maybe we can add the reserved sticker ourselves to our own seats? I'd be happy to show my season ticket at the office and pick up one, or make one myself.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 0:12]

There were a lot pf people on Saturday thinking they could sit where they liked. The whole point of buying a specific seat is that you have to sit in it. Its not just the season card holders, its the same for those that buy a specific seat for that game. People just need to sit in the seat they have bought
65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:00 - Aug 18 with 3454 viewsShun

While we’re on the topic of little grumbles, the exit route from the stadium post-game is an accident waiting to happen. They close to gate into the car park, presumably to stop cars getting in, and there’s barriers and chains on either side, meaning anyone leaving from the Sandy, main stand or that side of the TDS has to traverse a mini obstacle course to leave. It’s fine for the majority of people, but we have quite an elderly fanbase so I can imagine them struggling to do it, especially with people pushing past to get out. I’m far from one of ‘those people,’ but I can’t see how health and safety have allowed it.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:16 - Aug 18 with 3425 viewsSuddenLad

65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:00 - Aug 18 by Shun

While we’re on the topic of little grumbles, the exit route from the stadium post-game is an accident waiting to happen. They close to gate into the car park, presumably to stop cars getting in, and there’s barriers and chains on either side, meaning anyone leaving from the Sandy, main stand or that side of the TDS has to traverse a mini obstacle course to leave. It’s fine for the majority of people, but we have quite an elderly fanbase so I can imagine them struggling to do it, especially with people pushing past to get out. I’m far from one of ‘those people,’ but I can’t see how health and safety have allowed it.

It needs proper lighting so that the infirm can see the different levels that they need to negotiate and the obstructions in place. As you say, there's going to be a mishap on Pearl Street.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:16 - Aug 18 with 3301 viewsD_Alien

You're right to highlight this, Shun

Exited the ground that way on Saturday, and it's an accident waiting to happen

Creating a hazardous bottleneck is precisely the wrong way to go about allowing fans to disperse safely post-match. A similar obstacle presents itself outside the Pearl St too, with the car barrier creating an obstruction forcing people into a bottleneck

Club: we're all trying to be patient whilst you improve things that need improving. Please take note - those barriers need opening before full time. Make it someone's specific job to do
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 12:16]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:39 - Aug 18 with 3270 viewsEllDale

I agree entirely.
The chains to the side of the barrier at the Sandy Lane end are shin height.
I saw a young lad go over one on Saturday and it will be even worse when we get really dark nights.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 06:33 - Aug 19 with 3089 views1907

I saw an old chap go head first over those chains on Saturday.

At least the ticket scanners actually worked on Tuesday and were absolutely spot on.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 09:07 - Aug 19 with 2999 viewsDaleiLama

65 years a Rochdale fan on 06:33 - Aug 19 by 1907

I saw an old chap go head first over those chains on Saturday.

At least the ticket scanners actually worked on Tuesday and were absolutely spot on.

The legacy of a certain someone continuing to cause havoc

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 22:05 - Aug 27 with 2655 viewsShun

Sense has prevailed!
65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 2379 viewsEllDale

Bit chaotic trying to get through the Sandy Lane turnstiles around 7.30pm.
A chap in the next turnstile had a Country season ticket that the scanner wouldn’t recognise.
He moved to the next turnstile to have a lengthy conversation with lady who was there so the queues started to build.
Hopefully these are still teething problems. Would have been frustrating with a bigger crowd in the rain.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 09:33 - Aug 29 with 2251 viewsEllDale

Just noticed a tweet from a lady who is a turnstile operator at Oakwell.
She appealed for Barnsley season ticket holders to be patient and not to keep abusing staff there when season tickets don’t scan properly.
It looks like the issue may not be unique to the COA then.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 09:38 - Aug 29 with 2232 viewskel

65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:37 - Aug 28 by EllDale

Bit chaotic trying to get through the Sandy Lane turnstiles around 7.30pm.
A chap in the next turnstile had a Country season ticket that the scanner wouldn’t recognise.
He moved to the next turnstile to have a lengthy conversation with lady who was there so the queues started to build.
Hopefully these are still teething problems. Would have been frustrating with a bigger crowd in the rain.

Someone I know has a country season ticket and still gets a ticket emailed to them once they’ve contacted the club to let them know the game they wish to attend. Seems a bit pointless to me when they’ve already been sent a physical card.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:03 - Aug 29 with 2189 views442Dale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 09:33 - Aug 29 by EllDale

Just noticed a tweet from a lady who is a turnstile operator at Oakwell.
She appealed for Barnsley season ticket holders to be patient and not to keep abusing staff there when season tickets don’t scan properly.
It looks like the issue may not be unique to the COA then.

Regular issues at Rotherham and even at Premier League level. Irrespective of all that, and the club have done well getting extra people there to help, it’s a false economy at Dale as with one cash turnstile for each stand it removes many of the issues. No queuing for tickets at the ticket office or dealing with problems with those trying to scan on their phones (happened in front of us on Friday) and actually less staffing costs in terms of time to have one person on the cash turnstile.

If we’re losing one fan, it’s too many. Especially if there’s a simple solution.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

65 years a Rochdale fan on 18:44 - Aug 31 with 1783 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:03 - Aug 29 by 442Dale

Regular issues at Rotherham and even at Premier League level. Irrespective of all that, and the club have done well getting extra people there to help, it’s a false economy at Dale as with one cash turnstile for each stand it removes many of the issues. No queuing for tickets at the ticket office or dealing with problems with those trying to scan on their phones (happened in front of us on Friday) and actually less staffing costs in terms of time to have one person on the cash turnstile.

If we’re losing one fan, it’s too many. Especially if there’s a simple solution.

Totally agree. Just because most people have mobiles and computers, doesn't mean most people use them. People are forced into it and even I can't get used to dealing with everything by email.
If my Dad was still here he would think it both crazy and financial suicide. Over the season I would like to hazard a guess of around a £50,000 loss of gate receipts. Are we so rich we can turn our noses up at this? The chairman needs to rethink this and it was the wrong time to spring it on fans after 18 months away. There are older people living alone who perhaps had Spotland as an only contact with the outside world. For some this has now been taken away.
The club attitude is never for the benefit of the fan, they are the last to be thought of.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 17:17 - Sep 1 with 1527 viewsYadHoDale

Since the club seem to have an excellent relationship with Ben Boothman's pubs, would it be possible to "sub-contract" ticket sales so they could be made at the Hoverdonk, Baum, Hare on the Hill, etc, up until half-two on Saturday. The staff there are used to computerised sales and cash handling, and the pubs might benefit by selling food/ale to ticket-purchasers. Could even order taxis up to the ground??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024