Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
65 years a Rochdale fan 19:36 - Aug 13 with 19070 viewsjokerthief

Am I right in thinking that if you do not have a mobile phone you cannot go watch the team you have watched for decades anymore? Now living 20 miles away, I do not want to travel just to buy a ticket on a Friday, I just want to drive to the ground arrive there about 2.30 pm and watch the match. I do not have, or want a mobile phone. maybe elderly people are not welcomed anymore.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 22:44 - Aug 16 with 3468 viewsYorkshire_Dale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 21:27 - Aug 16 by jokerthief

I was 14 year old dressed in painted black and white jacket and top hat.
My name is Alan Purdy, I started Purdys ice cream, I once owned the Church Inn, which was outside the ground, I lived in the USA for 3 years and Thailand for 11 years.
Do you need to know anything else Sudden Fan?
4 years military service attached to special forces.
Admittedly clueless on a computer, but can play bridge ( I am a grand master)
And played poker professionally in Vegas and L.A. for 3 years.
I have 2 English children 4 grandchildren, and 2 mixed race race children that live in Asia.
Do not need to live behind a keyboard.

Sounds like a great life there, my friend. Thanks for the Service.

You should change your name to PokerChief!
65 years a Rochdale fan on 23:11 - Aug 16 with 3385 viewsBendy

I would presume that the ticket office would quite happily take your cash in exchange for a ticket before the game, but you’ve got to consider it from their view as well - they won’t want to advertise that as they don’t want to get swamped with massive queues for ticket sales, especially whilst “persuading” the masses that the new technology is the primary way to do things. If they start saying publicly that you can still pay cash at the office on the day how many fans do you think will not bother pre-purchasing because it’s a hassle or unfamiliar?
65 years a Rochdale fan on 00:07 - Aug 17 with 3329 viewsDorkingDale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 23:11 - Aug 16 by Bendy

I would presume that the ticket office would quite happily take your cash in exchange for a ticket before the game, but you’ve got to consider it from their view as well - they won’t want to advertise that as they don’t want to get swamped with massive queues for ticket sales, especially whilst “persuading” the masses that the new technology is the primary way to do things. If they start saying publicly that you can still pay cash at the office on the day how many fans do you think will not bother pre-purchasing because it’s a hassle or unfamiliar?

They want to eliminate cash payments as it costs money for businesses to process and then bank cash......
65 years a Rochdale fan on 00:22 - Aug 17 with 3322 viewsSuddenLad

I think there may be an issue with staffing, and people being assigned different tasks on match days, as demands dictate. The result is that there is no-one free to sell/deal with cash sales. They are probably diverted to the ticket cabin issuing those tickets that have been pre-ordered or awaiting collection.

It does seem a bit of a shame that they can't have a designated window for ticket sales or a cash turnstile for casual attendees or late deciders. Who knows how much cash is being lost by that decision?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

65 years a Rochdale fan on 07:21 - Aug 17 with 3169 views_Windydale

Beng able to buy a ticket from a kiosk right before the match for spontaneous buyers should be an option. its cash down the drain otherwise and will put off people coming back too..
People who finish work later and on the last minute, Or have broken phones or do not like putting there bank details in to a phone. All sorts of reasons. Those that are 50/50 deciding whether to go.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 08:01 - Aug 17 with 3111 viewsboromat

I'm guessing cash sales at the moment could only be done through the ticket office because it's all reserved seating through the new system. I'm guessing the only access to the system is in the ticket office. So may not be quite as simple as just setting up a kiosk and selling tickets for cash.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 08:58 - Aug 17 with 3054 viewsBigDaveMyCock

My name is Alan Purdy, I started Purdys ice cream, I once owned the Church Inn, which was outside the ground, I lived in the USA for 3 years and Thailand for 11 years.
I have 2 English children 4 grandchildren, and 2 mixed race race children that live in Asia.

Was your signature line…

“I’ll see you and raise you hundreds…(lift your head slowly from reading your cards) hundreds and thousands.”

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 10:54 - Aug 17 with 2955 viewsfunkkk

65 years a Rochdale fan on 08:01 - Aug 17 by boromat

I'm guessing cash sales at the moment could only be done through the ticket office because it's all reserved seating through the new system. I'm guessing the only access to the system is in the ticket office. So may not be quite as simple as just setting up a kiosk and selling tickets for cash.

We’re a league 2 football club who struggles to attract fans, I really don’t get the logic behind making things more difficult for supporters. The ticketing website is poorly organised and a pain in the arse to navigate.

The ground is plenty big enough to have a section of unreserved seating and of course the Sandy could offer POTD.
Login to get fewer ads

65 years a Rochdale fan on 11:11 - Aug 17 with 2906 viewspioneer

65 years a Rochdale fan on 23:11 - Aug 16 by Bendy

Anybody who doesnt want Rochdale Football Club to get swamped with massive queues for ticket sales should not be working for the Club. It should be our goal and the best brains at the club should be working out how best to cope with such a ‘problem’

Surely we should be working on maximising attendence not minimising queues.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 11:32 - Aug 17 with 2869 viewsDaleiLama

Response from club on problems getting in on Saturday (with hopefully improvements tonight) and info on ticketing. The latter doesn't seem very user friendly - more designed to capture information on fans. Not sure this is the best window to do so right before kick off.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/update_scunthorpeunited/
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 11:33]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:16 - Aug 17 with 2762 viewsDiddyDave

I remember you Alan Purdy, you had a head of ginger hair, was in the 1st Rochdale Cubs at the top of George St. (think you went with us to the big Scout Jamboree in Sutton Coldfield in 1958) and lived off Whitworth Road somewhere. Wow, you`ve had quite a life then, good on ya!
65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:41 - Aug 17 with 2703 views442Dale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 11:32 - Aug 17 by DaleiLama

Response from club on problems getting in on Saturday (with hopefully improvements tonight) and info on ticketing. The latter doesn't seem very user friendly - more designed to capture information on fans. Not sure this is the best window to do so right before kick off.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/update_scunthorpeunited/
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 11:33]

When Scunthorpe fans bought on the day from the portacabin did they have to give their details or could they pay cash/card and just be handed a ticket? If so, why can’t the same be done for home fans? ie print off a pile of tickets that can then be issued with less hassle. If this works, they can also be sold from the outside window of the main ticket office.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:53 - Aug 17 with 2658 viewsNafelad

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:41 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

When Scunthorpe fans bought on the day from the portacabin did they have to give their details or could they pay cash/card and just be handed a ticket? If so, why can’t the same be done for home fans? ie print off a pile of tickets that can then be issued with less hassle. If this works, they can also be sold from the outside window of the main ticket office.

Can't see this working with reserved seating - it may be ok for the Sandy, though.

Topcat

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:11 - Aug 17 with 2609 viewsMoonyDale

As an aside to this thread I contacted the club re the Sandy Lane debacle on Saturday and had an immediate reply from George Delves apologising for any inconvenience, also the club have taken delivery of a further 8 hand held scanners to deploy at the turnstiles to alleviate some of the problems we had at the weekend....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:20 - Aug 17 with 2589 views_Windydale

It's not just Dale, another club with technology issues post lockdown.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement-apology-to-supporters
65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:26 - Aug 17 with 2564 views442Dale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 12:53 - Aug 17 by Nafelad

Can't see this working with reserved seating - it may be ok for the Sandy, though.

The tickets printed out for sale can still have a seat row/number on. This has happened plenty of times at away grounds and then it’s up to fans if they want to choose elsewhere to sit/move when someone wants their allotted seat. The main thing is we make it easy for people to turn up and buy if they don’t want to/can’t online. Not a major thing, just a few small tweaks that will also reduce pressure on the ticket office.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 14:54 - Aug 17 with 2481 viewsBucketBstard

Seems like a lot of messing about to me .
I dont fancy queing up twice just to get into a game against FG .
I know a lot of people who would call up on the spare of the moment but , like me , wont be queuing up twice!
We need to attract floating fans not make it difficult for them .
65 years a Rochdale fan on 15:51 - Aug 17 with 2363 viewsNafelad

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:26 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

The tickets printed out for sale can still have a seat row/number on. This has happened plenty of times at away grounds and then it’s up to fans if they want to choose elsewhere to sit/move when someone wants their allotted seat. The main thing is we make it easy for people to turn up and buy if they don’t want to/can’t online. Not a major thing, just a few small tweaks that will also reduce pressure on the ticket office.

The printed tickets would have to bear the row and seat no. of an unreserved seat, surely? Or are you suggesting that a Season Card holder should have to ask someone to move if they find them sitting in their reserved seat? There's a difference between a ticket for a seat at an away match and a season ticket reserved seat at home.

Topcat

65 years a Rochdale fan on 16:07 - Aug 17 with 2320 views442Dale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 15:51 - Aug 17 by Nafelad

The printed tickets would have to bear the row and seat no. of an unreserved seat, surely? Or are you suggesting that a Season Card holder should have to ask someone to move if they find them sitting in their reserved seat? There's a difference between a ticket for a seat at an away match and a season ticket reserved seat at home.

Since forever all season ticket seats were clearly marked and people knew these were taken. Not sure if that’s still the case. If not, then people would have to sit in the seat they purchase and that should be clearly stated. Just as it is for away matches... which sometimes have allocated seats and see the same scenario as people sit where they like!

Either way, the issue is the ease of sale. It needs assessing on an ongoing basis and consideration made for everyone even if most of us aren’t affected. The ticket office are included in this, and they clearly indicate recording details of all sales from there can cause issues, so this is a possible solution that helps them and encourages more fans to attend.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 16:41 - Aug 17 with 2255 viewsTVOS1907

65 years a Rochdale fan on 15:51 - Aug 17 by Nafelad

The seats of season card holders wouldn't be available to print on the ticket system as they have already been sold.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

65 years a Rochdale fan on 16:42 - Aug 17 with 2252 viewsonedalefan

65 years a Rochdale fan on 16:07 - Aug 17 by 442Dale

Since forever all season ticket seats were clearly marked and people knew these were taken. Not sure if that’s still the case. If not, then people would have to sit in the seat they purchase and that should be clearly stated. Just as it is for away matches... which sometimes have allocated seats and see the same scenario as people sit where they like!

Either way, the issue is the ease of sale. It needs assessing on an ongoing basis and consideration made for everyone even if most of us aren’t affected. The ticket office are included in this, and they clearly indicate recording details of all sales from there can cause issues, so this is a possible solution that helps them and encourages more fans to attend.

None of the seats had season ticket holder stickers on Saturday. Found some-one in my seat and had to ask them to move.
65 years a Rochdale fan on 16:46 - Aug 17 with 2231 views442Dale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 16:42 - Aug 17 by onedalefan

None of the seats had season ticket holder stickers on Saturday. Found some-one in my seat and had to ask them to move.

Which in itself, although understandable as it’s a good few hours work to ‘sticker up’ the stands, is a mistake. It’s certainly something that, with a bit more work, could be simplified to benefit the club and supporters.

65 years a Rochdale fan on 17:04 - Aug 17 with 2184 viewsFrankDale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 13:11 - Aug 17 by MoonyDale

As an aside to this thread I contacted the club re the Sandy Lane debacle on Saturday and had an immediate reply from George Delves apologising for any inconvenience, also the club have taken delivery of a further 8 hand held scanners to deploy at the turnstiles to alleviate some of the problems we had at the weekend....

Let’s just hope they get the WiFi connection sorted then.
Jans efforts on Saturday to get people into Pearl Street were thwarted because she couldn’t get a connection on her hand held scanner!
65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:13 - Aug 17 with 2022 viewshammerdale

Just tried to purchase a ticket for tonight online, keeps saying my email address is incorrect, it was correct, then I actually git timed out, gave up in the end..
65 years a Rochdale fan on 20:07 - Aug 17 with 1956 viewsYorkshire_Dale

65 years a Rochdale fan on 19:13 - Aug 17 by hammerdale

Just tried to purchase a ticket for tonight online, keeps saying my email address is incorrect, it was correct, then I actually git timed out, gave up in the end..

....are you reading this Marketing Director?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024