Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull Match Thread 09:20 - Aug 14 with 27849 viewsPinnerPaul

Off to granddaughter's 2nd birthday party soon, so getting in early.

3-0 to us Wallace scores first and Mrs Pinner to moan every time I check the score at the party!
Hull Match Thread on 16:58 - Aug 14 with 2381 viewsstrikerace

Show me a better Championship side with a better back 3 than us. Hell, show me a PL side. I bet those three would be in the top 10 PL back lines easily
Hull Match Thread on 16:58 - Aug 14 with 2370 viewstraininvain

Hull Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 14 by cyprusmel

Thank you Rog for the link.

Yeah thanks Rog. Wasn’t expecting to watch the game and really made my afternoon 👍🏼
Hull Match Thread on 16:58 - Aug 14 with 2368 viewscyprusmel

Hull Match Thread on 16:01 - Aug 14 by stainrods_elbow

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/84742/Hull_City_vs_Queens_Park_Rangers.html

Thank you for posting the link Stainrod.
Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Aug 14 with 2347 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hull Match Thread on 16:49 - Aug 14 by BrianMcCarthy

It's not arguable, the rule is that an on-target shot that goes in is a goal for the player who shoots, regardless of a deflection.

I've never seen that rule written down - do you have a link? What if it's not clear, as it often isn't, whether the shot was on target or, as I say, would definitely have gone in without an oppo's intervention? (Dykes' shot might have or might not have.)

To ascertain such, one would presumably have to jump into some kind of Schrodinger-Cat pod and enter a parallel universe to see the undeflected shot either go in or not.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Hull Match Thread on 16:59 - Aug 14 with 2351 viewsA40Bosh

I don't know how we did that
I don't care how we did that
But if we are going to have aspirations for the top 6 this season, those are the moments when you ride your luck, could be 2-1 down but manage to keep the home team shut out.

Some very clever set pieces leading to two of our goals.

Best performance of the day? - The travelling QPR fans. Fantastic noise through out. Well done to all those who travelled up to Hull and sung all the way through.

So much more positive performance across the team from Weds night. So even though we face another long slog up to Boro in the mid week, the players will be on a high from a great result today.

Thanks to whoever posted that link to hisgoal.com - brilliant stream with no issues from start to finish.

This makes Saturday evening so much better!!!

URRSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hull Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 14 with 2305 viewsrsonist

Hull Match Thread on 16:53 - Aug 14 by CiderwithRsie

I think Wallace has been pretty anonymous in the two previous games, having looked fantastic v Man U and Leicester. Hope this is him getting back on to form (though think it might have something to do with the shape of the rest of the team.)

Yeah the latter point I think, just wasn't joined up right... First half Wallace was either behind the play or standing high waiting for something, but not surging in with any collective co-ordination. Odubajo meanwhile was just freely wandering infield looking for action.

If the WBs aren't creating passing triangles with the forwards and getting in the cut-back zone we're just playing in front of the opposition and are half the side we can be.
Hull Match Thread on 17:00 - Aug 14 with 2296 viewskropotkin41

Great start to our travels. Looks like we could have had more than 3 too. I look forward to seeing the highlights.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hull Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 14 with 2191 viewsstainrods_elbow

Aaprt from our couple of lovely goals, what I applaud loudly about today was the absolute last-ditch, top-class, heart-warming (and sometimes heart-stopping) determination not to concede, embodied by our sterling trio of Messrs Dieng, Dickey and Barbet, who also had a fine game. All three should share the MoM award.

I'm sure Warbs will be purring about that later, and rightly so.

Login to get fewer ads

Hull Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 14 with 2178 viewsted_hendrix

A Saturday evening whereby nobody who listens anyway wont have to listen to me moaning about everything and nothing.
Well done Rangers.
Deep joy.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hull Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 14 with 2182 viewsjoe90

Wrong about the score ✅

Wrong about Dykes ✅

I love it when I'm wrong!

Great performance and result. Dickie, how immense was he again? Well done Rangers!!!
Hull Match Thread on 17:05 - Aug 14 with 2144 viewsHunterhoop

Hull Match Thread on 16:57 - Aug 14 by daveB

outstanding result and loads to improve on performance wise.

Great day, come on Rangers

Spot on.

Great result but a lot of room for improvement. This team can still be a lot better.
Hull Match Thread on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 2121 viewsdanehoop

Lucky 3 nil away win without our best striker and having to rely on a centre back and kids to bail us out.

Or - another good result improved performance as team starts to gel, chair and willock looking good. Kind of want Dickie to have some quieter games before the window closes - his performances are unlikely to go unnoticed.

Never knowingly understood

Hull Match Thread on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 2116 viewsdistortR

Hull Match Thread on 16:38 - Aug 14 by rsonist

In other news, taken me all game but finally figured out Grant McCann looks like the latter day tubby Jesse Plemons from Breaking Bad. Hull Camino.

https://images.app.goo.gl/awrtCjzKQ9bMXMDU9

musical grant mccann
Hull Match Thread on 17:07 - Aug 14 with 2080 viewsNorthantsHoop

Super Rangers. Credit to Mark Warburton since he took over we have become very hard to beat away from home.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:08]
Hull Match Thread on 17:08 - Aug 14 with 2051 viewsdmm

For me, di Wijis was MotM. An absolute beast who had Magennis in his pocket all game.

I wanted to see something new in our creative play and saw it. We've got clever set piece plays now - nice.

Although our defence is very good, we've not kept a clean sheet since March. But I guess that's warbsball.

Fabulous result and a great game to watch. Thank you my team.
Hull Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 14 with 2040 viewsrsonist

The configuration of carrot and stick Warbs will need to deploy after this is beyond my ken tbh.
Hull Match Thread on 17:10 - Aug 14 with 2006 viewsstainrods_elbow

We'd be nuts to sell either Dickie or Dieng for another year at least, but I fear the worst, as money talks, and all football is is business, as Ian Taylor once told me.

I agree we can improve, and will also expect our manager to be saying so. But some of our classy components already looking a cut above.

The next 5 games will tell us a lot more, but this side needs to aim high and then higher.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:11]

Hull Match Thread on 17:13 - Aug 14 with 1929 viewsdavman

Hull Match Thread on 14:53 - Aug 14 by Mick_S

Will I meet nice ladies in Uxbridge?

Only Russian ones I am afraid - Hesgoal is very niche! Apparently they're here in Winchester too - who knew???

What a win - Dickie's goal line clearance turned that game. So confident after we went two up - shows why Warbs just wants us to finish teams off in the first half...

Even if Dull turn to crap this season, that is a good three points. They were energetic and played some decent stuff at times; could have been a banana skin...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hull Match Thread on 17:13 - Aug 14 with 1910 viewsMick_S

Hull Match Thread on 17:13 - Aug 14 by davman

Only Russian ones I am afraid - Hesgoal is very niche! Apparently they're here in Winchester too - who knew???

What a win - Dickie's goal line clearance turned that game. So confident after we went two up - shows why Warbs just wants us to finish teams off in the first half...

Even if Dull turn to crap this season, that is a good three points. They were energetic and played some decent stuff at times; could have been a banana skin...

I’d like to apologise for not posting much this afternoon.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hull Match Thread on 17:14 - Aug 14 with 1895 viewsterryb

Hull Match Thread on 17:08 - Aug 14 by dmm

For me, di Wijis was MotM. An absolute beast who had Magennis in his pocket all game.

I wanted to see something new in our creative play and saw it. We've got clever set piece plays now - nice.

Although our defence is very good, we've not kept a clean sheet since March. But I guess that's warbsball.

Fabulous result and a great game to watch. Thank you my team.

Not kept a clean sheet since March?

Our last two away games were 1-0 at Swansea & 2-0 at Stoke.

As it was 3-0 today, it must be a 4-0 win at Middlesbrough!
Hull Match Thread on 17:15 - Aug 14 with 1860 viewsGloryHunter

Hull Match Thread on 17:03 - Aug 14 by stainrods_elbow

Aaprt from our couple of lovely goals, what I applaud loudly about today was the absolute last-ditch, top-class, heart-warming (and sometimes heart-stopping) determination not to concede, embodied by our sterling trio of Messrs Dieng, Dickey and Barbet, who also had a fine game. All three should share the MoM award.

I'm sure Warbs will be purring about that later, and rightly so.

Absolutely. Reminded me of Shaun Derry and Clint Hill.
Hull Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 14 with 1852 viewsLogman

Looks like a word has been had about reckless challenges in the box. Barbet or Wallace would have conceded a pen by this time last season and the defenders are definitely taking more care.

Thought we played quite well today with room for improvement
Hull Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 14 with 1851 viewsSharpy36

Fantastic game and result. MOM goes to Dieng for me, commanding the area all day, and two world class saves had one gone in we would be looking at a different result tonight

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Hull Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 14 with 1839 viewsBazzeR

Fabulous result,but I wish our players would learn to take the sting out of the game by passing more accurately when our opponents have us under the cosh sometimes.
Hull Match Thread on 17:18 - Aug 14 with 1812 viewscharmr

Attack, the best form of defense
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024