Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton at Everton 16:51 - Aug 14 with 1958 viewsElijahK

Well it looks like it’s a loss for us today though! I mean I personally don’t see in what Ralph did that badly as I can see all the plastic fans on here doing their usual complaints, but McCarthy has actually been really decent in goal and most people were split over him or Forster, Stephens has also been decent up to that 3rd goal where he didn’t mark Lewin and paid the price, and seeing that Armstrong is said to of had a minor injury it makes sense on why he was played.

The debutants today all seemed actually quite decent, all of which certainly pig on good impressions, especially Armstrong and Levramento (or however you spell it), although I’m a bit surprised that KWP didn’t play it’s at least given us a chance to see this new fullback to give him cover.

Although Everton have had loads of clear exaggerations/dives go for them today, I mean the red started off decent with it all like when he booked Richarlison, but since then he’s been blowing for everything, I mean football really is becoming a non contact sport! Still it’s just the usual away day to Everton!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Southampton at Everton on 16:55 - Aug 14 with 1627 viewsBison

Got to agree with you.

Everyone demanding another defensive midfielder but our problem is we dont have a creative one who can feed our more than adequate strikers.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Southampton at Everton on 17:00 - Aug 14 with 1612 views1885_SFC

What are you on about "plastic fans on here" you soft shíte. We all watched the game & saw the same old issues. Just because we always lose at Everton doesn't mean that today we should expect to lose at Everton - especially after taking the lead.

At 1-1, Ralph should have made changes when Everton were getting on top. Walcott was excellent impersonating The Invisible Man and Djenepo was/is THE most wasteful & infuriating player ever to pull on a Saints shirt.

"Plastic fans". Have a word with yourself mate...

Old School is Cool

Southampton at Everton on 17:04 - Aug 14 with 1591 viewsButty101

Southampton at Everton on 17:00 - Aug 14 by 1885_SFC

What are you on about "plastic fans on here" you soft shíte. We all watched the game & saw the same old issues. Just because we always lose at Everton doesn't mean that today we should expect to lose at Everton - especially after taking the lead.

At 1-1, Ralph should have made changes when Everton were getting on top. Walcott was excellent impersonating The Invisible Man and Djenepo was/is THE most wasteful & infuriating player ever to pull on a Saints shirt.

He’s a PR plant

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton at Everton on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 1584 views1885_SFC

Southampton at Everton on 17:04 - Aug 14 by Butty101

He’s a PR plant

He's been smoking a plant more like...

Old School is Cool

Southampton at Everton (n/t) on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 1584 viewsElijahK

[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:11]

Southampton at Everton on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 1580 viewskingslandstand1

He’s a PR plant

For who??
Southampton at Everton (n/t) on 17:11 - Aug 14 with 1556 viewsElijahK

[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:12]

Southampton at Everton on 17:12 - Aug 14 with 1550 viewsElijahK

Southampton at Everton on 17:00 - Aug 14 by 1885_SFC

Sorry but have you not read some of the posts people are writing on here? Or you as per usual just too busy looking for people to blame for us just getting beaten by the better team? As yeah I agree Walcott and Djenpo weren’t on it today… but who did Ralph have to replace them with!? As it seems like Armstrong was injured and well I certainly wouldn’t want Redmond coming on and I’m still lacking any confidence on Elynousie? As other than Tella, we’ve got no one to remove them with.

And yeah certain fans on he tree have been plastic criticising the lineup and certain players who actually had a decent game, as McCarthy was really decent in goal, whilst Stephens was also decent up to that 3rd goal in which he was at fault for. But yet people still act like those two single handedly made us loose and that we had the likes of Nour and Ramos on the bench which Ralph could’ve replaced them with

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton at Everton on 17:14 - Aug 14 with 1535 viewsSadoldgit

Livramento is quality. Armstrong will score plenty of goals. We were never going to win at Goodison. We will be fine this season.
Southampton at Everton on 17:15 - Aug 14 with 1531 viewsA1079

A plastic fan for me is someone who chooses to support a team, a club, etc purely because they have a history of winning trophies and tend to only show up when things are going well but very often know little about the town or city of the team they support. I don't think Saints (along with alot of teams of our nature) are prone to plastic fans though I think we had a few when we first got promoted to the premier league.

I managed to see some of the game on the stream today but missed chunks of it as it kept dropping. I suppose the biggest disappointment is the same sense of outcome and pattern as last season and the season before that:-

- score 1 goal and hope that is enough;
- lose a game from a winning position;
- lack of resilience to get back on top when we do go behind;
- defensive or goalkeeeping frailties;
- substitutions when it seems almost too late to either stay on top or get back on top.

I do agree, from what I did see, we played some good football at times and some good debuts with Livramento and Armstrong but equally i forgot Walcott was on the pitch.

But, what hurts is that sense of the same old, same old and despite last season and the closed season the cover of a new season may have changed but the words on the chapters remain the same.

I don't doubt that some will say today and next weeks game is a "free rub". I cannot accept that. There are no "free rubs".
Southampton at Everton on 17:18 - Aug 14 with 1510 viewsdirk_doone

He’s a PR plant

I think s/he's related to McCarthy. He always comes on here to praise him. Anyone who thinks that McCarthy was decent today is either mad or Mcarthy's wife or mother. Any other goalkeeeper would have saved 2 of those 3 goals and we'd have come away with a point.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton at Everton on 17:18 - Aug 14 with 1507 viewsElijahK

Southampton at Everton on 17:15 - Aug 14 by A1079

A plastic fan for me is someone who chooses to support a team, a club, etc purely because they have a history of winning trophies and tend to only show up when things are going well but very often know little about the town or city of the team they support. I don't think Saints (along with alot of teams of our nature) are prone to plastic fans though I think we had a few when we first got promoted to the premier league.

I managed to see some of the game on the stream today but missed chunks of it as it kept dropping. I suppose the biggest disappointment is the same sense of outcome and pattern as last season and the season before that:-

- score 1 goal and hope that is enough;
- lose a game from a winning position;
- lack of resilience to get back on top when we do go behind;
- defensive or goalkeeeping frailties;
- substitutions when it seems almost too late to either stay on top or get back on top.

I do agree, from what I did see, we played some good football at times and some good debuts with Livramento and Armstrong but equally i forgot Walcott was on the pitch.

But, what hurts is that sense of the same old, same old and despite last season and the closed season the cover of a new season may have changed but the words on the chapters remain the same.

I don't doubt that some will say today and next weeks game is a "free rub". I cannot accept that. There are no "free rubs".

I personally call those sorts of fans “glory hunters” as they only support those teams because of the glory they get. But plastic ones are the sort that just complain about anything that isn’t perfect and blame lane gets before a balls even been kicked and the call for them to be sacked/replaced etc within a few games, or never gove credit to players who actually have a decent game but just because they didn’t want them in the team (like the whole McCarthy situation) won’t ever give them any credit

Southampton at Everton on 17:22 - Aug 14 with 1484 viewsElijahK

Southampton at Everton on 17:18 - Aug 14 by dirk_doone

I think s/he's related to McCarthy. He always comes on here to praise him. Anyone who thinks that McCarthy was decent today is either mad or Mcarthy's wife or mother. Any other goalkeeeper would have saved 2 of those 3 goals and we'd have come away with a point.

Mate when McCarthys had bad games, I’ve come on here before and have criticised him, but just like the whole Stephens situation, there seems to be many fans out there who just love to batter them down for anything negative that is at all connected to them! I mean the go red t goal he could do not his out whatsoever and very few keepers could do any different. The second one is one wheee maybe he should’ve been nearer the front post but it’s not a howler in which any PL keeper could’ve saved like you lot make it out to be, and the 3rd one was Stephens fault as he should’ve been on Lewin in the first place. So you’ve only got 1 goal in there that with the likes of Ederson in goal, would’ve probably been saved

Southampton at Everton on 17:23 - Aug 14 with 1481 viewsElijahK

He’s a PR plant

And what’s that supposed to be? Some sort of WW2 insult or something?

Southampton at Everton on 17:26 - Aug 14 with 1471 viewssaint22

Southampton at Everton on 17:14 - Aug 14 by Sadoldgit

Livramento is quality. Armstrong will score plenty of goals. We were never going to win at Goodison. We will be fine this season.

I admire your optimism but we are in big trouble without another good CB and if Ralph persists with McCarthy Stephens Walcott etc
Southampton at Everton on 17:59 - Aug 14 with 1401 viewsMonksway

So Ralph another defeat

Ja we go ahead in the first half and then concede three goals... That is normal.. Ja
Southampton at Everton on 18:46 - Aug 14 with 1348 viewssaint68

Southampton at Everton on 17:18 - Aug 14 by dirk_doone

POTD for me..thanks Dirk, that did made me chuckle

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Southampton at Everton on 21:27 - Aug 14 with 1226 viewsButty101

Southampton at Everton on 17:06 - Aug 14 by kingslandstand1

For who??

Can only be the club. Any one that thinks there is a positive today is agenda driven. The club has had an awful summer business and has gone backwards since last season. Which lets be honest takes some doing

Southampton at Everton on 21:49 - Aug 14 with 1212 viewsgrumpy

I like Ralph and I really want him to succeed but he is beginning to try my patience now.
Team selection and tactics are awful.
Why is McCarthy considered as number one choice? In the first half he had the ball and passed it to the nearest defender who had a Everton player right next to him. His ball distribution is unnerving to say the least.
Walcott is awful and should have been subbed at half time.
Why do we collapse so often, its mind-blowing for Saints fans .
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 21:51]
Southampton at Everton on 21:54 - Aug 14 with 1201 viewsButty101

Southampton at Everton on 21:49 - Aug 14 by grumpy

I like Ralph and I really want him to succeed but he is beginning to try my patience now.
Team selection and tactics are awful.
Why is McCarthy considered as number one choice? In the first half he had the ball and passed it to the nearest defender who had a Everton player right next to him. His ball distribution is unnerving to say the least.
Walcott is awful and should have been subbed at half time.
Why do we collapse so often, its mind-blowing for Saints fans .
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 21:51]

Walcott showed in the 2nd half of last season that he is not good enough. God knows why we resigned him

Southampton at Everton on 21:58 - Aug 14 with 1192 viewsgrumpy

Southampton at Everton on 21:54 - Aug 14 by Butty101

Walcott showed in the 2nd half of last season that he is not good enough. God knows why we resigned him

Waste of Money.
Southampton at Everton on 16:49 - Aug 15 with 1075 viewsbattler

Southampton at Everton on 17:18 - Aug 14 by ElijahK

I personally call those sorts of fans “glory hunters” as they only support those teams because of the glory they get. But plastic ones are the sort that just complain about anything that isn’t perfect and blame lane gets before a balls even been kicked and the call for them to be sacked/replaced etc within a few games, or never gove credit to players who actually have a decent game but just because they didn’t want them in the team (like the whole McCarthy situation) won’t ever give them any credit

Well If I am a plastic fan then that must make you a happy clappy fan boy then if you think everything is rosy and fans shouldn’t be moaning after only one game.
Its not just one game though is it, regardless of our transfers during the summer we have carried on from last season with our poor form, strange team selections and ineffective substitutions.

You are certainly in the minority with regard to McCarthy. You state he was at fault for only one goal yesterday so that’s alright then is it. Ever since Ralph’s ill-conceived plan of playing both keepers towards the end of last season its quite obvious that Forster is the better keeper out of the 2. That’s not just me thinking that but also the majority of fans on here and from what I’ve seen on different social media sites as well. With McCarthy starting yesterday and being given the no 1 squad number it seems Ralph sees something we all don’t, but this could seriously backfire on him.

As for Jack Stephens he is just not premier league standard, championship standard at best and should only be used as a last resort. Letting one of our regular CB’s leave the day before the start of the season and not have a replacement lined up is amateurish at best and so we had to play Stephens and lo and behold he made his usual lack of concentration moment and was at fault for one of the goals.

Theo should never of started, he is another squad player at best, and hopefully Armstrong will be fit enough for the Man U game but even so why did he not give Elyounoussi a go instead, he couldn’t of done any worse than Theo. We know what Theo can do, which is not a lot mostly.

As for his substitutions Ralph obviously hasn’t learnt from last season…

Judging on who else we get in during this transfer window and how Ralph can try and make this team successful given his woeful points total since January I am prepared to give him till Christmas which is a lot longer than some on here so that’s hardly bedwetting.
Southampton at Everton on 21:11 - Aug 15 with 1002 viewsgrumpy

Now I have had time to reflect on the game.
I think Benitez won the game for Everton, he changed the formation and with it the game.
He's a very clever Manager, I noticed when the camera zoomed in on him he was going to make early changes to formation and players, he did and won the game.
Southampton at Everton on 21:23 - Aug 15 with 992 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton at Everton on 21:11 - Aug 15 by grumpy

Now I have had time to reflect on the game.
I think Benitez won the game for Everton, he changed the formation and with it the game.
He's a very clever Manager, I noticed when the camera zoomed in on him he was going to make early changes to formation and players, he did and won the game.

He is a clever manager you are right. It was obvious that at one all, Everton roared on by the home fans were going to get a second. Ralph did nothing. I like Ralph but like most of us, I'm getting fed up of having such a terrible defence and nothing being done about it, year after year.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton at Everton on 22:09 - Aug 15 with 964 viewsButty101

Southampton at Everton on 21:23 - Aug 15 by Saintsforeverj

He is a clever manager you are right. It was obvious that at one all, Everton roared on by the home fans were going to get a second. Ralph did nothing. I like Ralph but like most of us, I'm getting fed up of having such a terrible defence and nothing being done about it, year after year.

I’m guessing Nick can not face doing a match report

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024