Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loads of tickets left for West Ham 22:43 - Sep 5 with 6652 viewsSaintsforeverj

Took one look at the online ticketing map and there are some blocks, like block 15, 3 and 19 which are 75 per cent empty. Some blocks half empty with the only areas being mostly sold is the Northam and the cheaper corner section of the ground. Since the lockdown, there has been a massive drop in supporter attendance by the looks of it.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 22:49]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:53 - Sep 9 with 2002 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:47 - Sep 9 by saintwizzler

£89 for a padded seat in The Kingsland Premium block for Man Utd game which was live on TV.
No concession prices either.

And it's £70 for the West Ham game. Loads of seats left in in block 31 in the padded seats. People have been on furlough, a world pandemic, so the prices are just too expensive. It's very bad timing to install padded seats after a pandemic! We don't have the rich tourists that the top clubs have, to buy the remaining seats, so it's a big mistake from Saints and other clubs our size.

West Ham is also one of the most expensive games this season, so it's not surprising we can't sell the £50, £65 and £70 seats.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 13:57]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 14:58 - Sep 9 with 1947 viewsButty101

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:53 - Sep 9 by Saintsforeverj

And it's £70 for the West Ham game. Loads of seats left in in block 31 in the padded seats. People have been on furlough, a world pandemic, so the prices are just too expensive. It's very bad timing to install padded seats after a pandemic! We don't have the rich tourists that the top clubs have, to buy the remaining seats, so it's a big mistake from Saints and other clubs our size.

West Ham is also one of the most expensive games this season, so it's not surprising we can't sell the £50, £65 and £70 seats.

As the club put out an article this week about Romeu becoming a dad and buying a classic Porche - i doubt they have a clue about money being tight for some people.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 19:45 - Sep 9 with 1852 viewsSaintsforeverj

What an earth is this? From what I understand, home fans and away fans will be segregated before the game.
But why?
https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-09-09/southampton-fc-trialling-new-safet
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 19:48]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 19:49 - Sep 9 with 1846 viewscocklebreath

Whatever Nick says the padded seat block is a huge cock up by the club.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 20:36 - Sep 9 with 1817 viewsBerber

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 14:58 - Sep 9 by Butty101

As the club put out an article this week about Romeu becoming a dad and buying a classic Porche - i doubt they have a clue about money being tight for some people.

Not as bad as a player turning up to show off their supercar the day dozens of non playing staff receive their redundancy notices after the club is relegated.

But we all know they earn millions and are going to spend them even if flaunting it is gauche
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 20:39 - Sep 9 with 1817 viewsgrumpy

This is what you get when the 'Home Fans' don't have an end that is completely theirs.

The Northam should be a HOME END ONLY.

None of this being moved about to accommodate away fans.
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 21:48 - Sep 9 with 1773 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 20:39 - Sep 9 by grumpy

This is what you get when the 'Home Fans' don't have an end that is completely theirs.

The Northam should be a HOME END ONLY.

None of this being moved about to accommodate away fans.

Home fans have been mixing with away fans (before the game) at St Mary's for 20 years, without any issues. Is this Saints coming up with a solution to something that isn't a problem?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:10 - Sep 9 with 1762 viewspjt50

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 21:48 - Sep 9 by Saintsforeverj

Home fans have been mixing with away fans (before the game) at St Mary's for 20 years, without any issues. Is this Saints coming up with a solution to something that isn't a problem?

My reaction too. Seeing they didn't do it from the start of the season - which would have been the obvious time to introduce it - is it because of something that happened at the Man U game? If so, problems were more likely caused by frustrations over the entry fiasco.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Login to get fewer ads

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:20 - Sep 9 with 1749 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:10 - Sep 9 by pjt50

My reaction too. Seeing they didn't do it from the start of the season - which would have been the obvious time to introduce it - is it because of something that happened at the Man U game? If so, problems were more likely caused by frustrations over the entry fiasco.

Doesn't make sense. If there was a problem before the game against Man U because of the scanners not working, then it is the ticket scanners which caused the problem. And these have now been fixed, we hope. There has never been a problem with fans getting into the Northam before. The home and away fans have been entering the Northam stand for years without any problems, yet they come up with a solution that they don't need! Who knows, it's just strange isn't it.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 22:26]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 12:05 - Sep 10 with 1607 viewsBerber

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 22:20 - Sep 9 by Saintsforeverj

Doesn't make sense. If there was a problem before the game against Man U because of the scanners not working, then it is the ticket scanners which caused the problem. And these have now been fixed, we hope. There has never been a problem with fans getting into the Northam before. The home and away fans have been entering the Northam stand for years without any problems, yet they come up with a solution that they don't need! Who knows, it's just strange isn't it.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 22:26]

The non playing side of the club is being run by amateurs apparently. They seem to have no feel for the football business.
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:13 - Sep 10 with 1541 views1ASIN12

Dispite Nick trying to convince us that watching Saints is good value the reality is far more people think it isn’t .

Covid has effected many people , some have lost loved ones , some are still nervous about covid , some have lost jobs or some are struggling to make ends meet after the best part of a year on 80% pay .

After 18 months without a “ football bill” all of a sudden finding £40 each for a match day ticket twice a month some fans are finding it hard to justify . As others have said once you stop going it’s very hard to go back .

On top of all that Saints thought it was a good idea to put the price up off around 500 season tickets by £200 .

Yet Still the club are making life hard as with minimal trouble for 20 years they close the carpark of for 1000’s of saints fans making their way to ground now taking longer.

This is not a surprise as there was a report on here saying only around 75% of fans planned to return so attendance of around 25000 is about on par . We might get more as no doubt a few West Ham fans will have got tickets in the home areas .
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:24 - Sep 10 with 1502 viewsPoirot

The fact is many fans have had time to evaluate the 'cost versus return' and the latter has been poor for sometime now. I cant believe some fans coughed up for the kingsland centre pricing, crazy . This soft seat stuff was a total insult and should have seen total empty blocks.
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:40 - Sep 10 with 1486 viewsSaintsforeverj

Another look at online sale and some seats have shifted this week. Looks like 2000 to 3000 or so seats left.

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:41 - Sep 12 with 1298 viewscocklebreath

Anyone know the attendance? Can’t find it anywhere. I’d be surprised if it’s over 25k but the fans who did show up got behind the team

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:43 - Sep 12 with 1294 viewsdirk_doone

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:41 - Sep 12 by cocklebreath

Anyone know the attendance? Can’t find it anywhere. I’d be surprised if it’s over 25k but the fans who did show up got behind the team

There was no attendance given for the Man United game either.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 14:30 - Sep 12 with 1261 viewssaintwizzler

People aren’t going because they are wary of covid still.

Apparently.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:01 - Sep 12 with 1224 viewsBerber

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:43 - Sep 12 by dirk_doone

There was no attendance given for the Man United game either.

From this,
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2021-2022/1/
it would appear the Man U game was 32,000 exactly. How very strange! I am going to keep a running total on this in case it doesn't appear elsewhere. Odd that the PL site doesn't have it.
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:07 - Sep 12 with 1216 viewsSaintsforeverj

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 16:01 - Sep 12 by Berber

From this,
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2021-2022/1/
it would appear the Man U game was 32,000 exactly. How very strange! I am going to keep a running total on this in case it doesn't appear elsewhere. Odd that the PL site doesn't have it.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2021-22/saints-vs-man-united-2021-08-22

The attendance for Man U is shown here, 29,485. I can't see it for the West ham game, but there were lots more empty seats yesterday than the Man U game.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 16:09]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 18:30 - Sep 12 with 1165 viewsIanSouthstander

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 13:41 - Sep 12 by cocklebreath

I'd like to know too.

Looked a few more than 25k. I'm guessing somewhere between 27k - 28k.
Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 23:42 - Sep 12 with 1079 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

This.

To be honest, the value of football at this level is just poor now. As someone said, suddenly finding £xxx for a match after having it all for free (mostly) on the TV, of course not everyone will return. Plus those that don't want to sit in a crowd again. It's not rocket science.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 11:47 - Sep 13 with 980 viewsSaintNick

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 19:49 - Sep 9 by cocklebreath

Whatever Nick says the padded seat block is a huge cock up by the club.

I have never been in favour of it, all I have done is given the reasons why they did it, but I wouldnt say it is a huge cock up this season in that there are empty seats all over the place not just there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 12:15 - Sep 13 with 964 viewsdirk_doone

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 11:47 - Sep 13 by SaintNick

I have never been in favour of it, all I have done is given the reasons why they did it, but I wouldnt say it is a huge cock up this season in that there are empty seats all over the place not just there

Has there been a general restructuring of the price banding of blocks? I'm not sure about this so please correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that the padded seats have had a knock on effect of pushing other blocks into higher price bands. Some blocks, like 29 and 34, which were in the outer price band are now, it seems, classed in the higher inner price band.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 12:18 - Sep 13 with 959 viewsSaintNick

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 12:15 - Sep 13 by dirk_doone

Has there been a general restructuring of the price banding of blocks? I'm not sure about this so please correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that the padded seats have had a knock on effect of pushing other blocks into higher price bands. Some blocks, like 29 and 34, which were in the outer price band are now, it seems, classed in the higher inner price band.

The restructuring of blocks when they made the centre block in the Kingsland a higher price band took place two seasons ago when at the same time they also restructured the prices in the Itchen/Chapel corner to make them £399 for a season tickets and cheap individual tickets.

The padded seats was this summer and part of that restructuring.

Plenty of people have jumped on the price increase areas but not acknowledged that they have also reduced prices in other areas.

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:59 - Sep 13 with 901 viewsSaintsforeverj

I was talking to a Palace season ticket holder. They have some fans not going at Palace, as they are fed up with everything going "digital". At Palace, they either have to put the ticket on their phone, or print off a paper copy at home. He said it was so much easier when you were just given a card to show to someone at the gate. All this downloading of tickets, covid passes, bar codes, using your own ink at home to print and the rest is also putting people off.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 16:01]

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 17:38 - Sep 13 with 858 viewsSaintNick

Loads of tickets left for West Ham on 15:59 - Sep 13 by Saintsforeverj

I was talking to a Palace season ticket holder. They have some fans not going at Palace, as they are fed up with everything going "digital". At Palace, they either have to put the ticket on their phone, or print off a paper copy at home. He said it was so much easier when you were just given a card to show to someone at the gate. All this downloading of tickets, covid passes, bar codes, using your own ink at home to print and the rest is also putting people off.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 16:01]

It does put some people off that cant be denied, but some clubs are selling out and others arent, it depends on what the mood is amongst the fans about the team and the club.

If Saints suddenly win 6 games in a row the attendances will increase.

Myself i would rather have 26,000 committed fans in the ground than 32,000 with 6,000 on the teams back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024