Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread v Tranmere 14:24 - Sep 11 with 13976 viewsWalboro

Good starting 11 strong bench
Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:04 - Sep 11 with 4257 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:03 - Sep 11 by Nigeriamark

Great win 1-0. A bit of panic in defence in injury time but a deserved win based on the amount of attacking over 90 minutes. However for all that, our goal may have been the only real shot on target. Certainly hit denehurst park a few times in the first half & not much better in the second. However there are certainly goals in these team and with a bit more confidence and composure the goals should come. Morley got MOM but Beasley must have been close because he didn't give their 2 centre backs a moments peace.

Well done RS & the team

4 shots on target according to the BBC

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:04 - Sep 11 with 4246 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:02 - Sep 11 by MoonyDale

Agree about the Tranmere fans today, Odoh got a terrific round of applause as he walked past the away supporters....Fine game of football today and a deserved win in the end, feels good to be a Daley again....Well done lads...

Didn't see the gate announced, but must've been in the region of 3500 with the number Tranmere brought. Agree, credit to them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:05 - Sep 11 with 4246 viewsdeeplishblue

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:37 - Sep 11 by judd

Just how honest and entertaining was that game?

The whole purpose of 2 teams engaging in a competitive sporting fixture, trying to win the fooker.

No more moronic gobshitery from Brian Bottomleys- Mouthpiece.

Tranmere were a hard team to beat and we have 2 goalposts to thank for them not scoring.

So glad to back feeling like a Dale fan now, and not just a walking £

Got to agree judd. At last some fukin intent.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:28 - Sep 11 with 4050 viewsleedsdale

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:02 - Sep 11 by MoonyDale

Agree about the Tranmere fans today, Odoh got a terrific round of applause as he walked past the away supporters....Fine game of football today and a deserved win in the end, feels good to be a Daley again....Well done lads...

I was going to mention the Tranmere fans clapping Odoh - that was a touch of class. Their support was excellent
Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:37 - Sep 11 with 3984 viewsDale2017

Match Thread v Tranmere on 17:45 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

I was gonna post a few very similar thoughts but you've saved me the trouble... except it'd have been a pleasure!

Enjoyed every minute of that encounter (apart from the injury breaks) and so many satisfying things happening it's difficult to know where to start

But i'll start with luck - it went our way today with the previously mentioned goalposts. But it was satisfying we kept a clean sheet, defended a hard-won lead and sneaked the win i'd hoped at the start of this thread more than expected.

A complete team performance, with no-one really standing out but can't praise Cashman's contribution as sub enough - he just raised our forward line enough to make the difference and just before he scored he was raising the Pearl St crowd too

Yes we've got weaknesses: left CB in particular but i'm pleasantly surprised by (among other things) Dooley's midfield performances and Beesley's centre forward displays which just keep getting better and better

Pretty happy to have our Dale back, and fifth place will do to be going on with!

Left cb would be Dorsett? I thought he had a really good game and covered keohane well. Plus he contributed a lot to the attack down the left hand side in the 1sr half
Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:53 - Sep 11 with 3861 viewsmikehunt

Dorsett must have tired because he was being beaten to nearly every bouncing ball near the end and gave away a couple of free kicks just outside the area to make for a nervy finish. Solid before that though.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:56 - Sep 11 with 3852 views442Dale

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:53 - Sep 11 by mikehunt

Dorsett must have tired because he was being beaten to nearly every bouncing ball near the end and gave away a couple of free kicks just outside the area to make for a nervy finish. Solid before that though.

Yeah, we noted that. For three quarters of the game he was really good but then suddenly hit a brick wall. A learning curve where he’s come out of the other side with a clean sheet and three points so it may be a good thing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:58 - Sep 11 with 3835 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:37 - Sep 11 by Dale2017

Left cb would be Dorsett? I thought he had a really good game and covered keohane well. Plus he contributed a lot to the attack down the left hand side in the 1sr half

It was his schoolboy error in trying to shepherd the ball out which allowed the Tranmere player to nick it along the touchline before the shot which hit the inside of the post

He's pretty raw and being tutored by EOC and will come good. RS has seen enough in him and i trust RS' judgement, but for the time being, he needs to learn when to just clear it instead of allowing the ball to bounce. That's his job; supporting the attack isn't

The alternative is McNulty, who is coming towards the end of his career

Fwiw, i think EOC is enjoying his tutoring role including with Max Taylor and if it helps keep him here then so much the better

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread v Tranmere on 19:25 - Sep 11 with 3682 viewsisitme

Match Thread v Tranmere on 18:58 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

It was his schoolboy error in trying to shepherd the ball out which allowed the Tranmere player to nick it along the touchline before the shot which hit the inside of the post

He's pretty raw and being tutored by EOC and will come good. RS has seen enough in him and i trust RS' judgement, but for the time being, he needs to learn when to just clear it instead of allowing the ball to bounce. That's his job; supporting the attack isn't

The alternative is McNulty, who is coming towards the end of his career

Fwiw, i think EOC is enjoying his tutoring role including with Max Taylor and if it helps keep him here then so much the better

We played some really good football, especially in the first half. As others have said Dorsett hit a bit of a wall towards the end of the game. He was letting the ball bounce too much and getting caught.

Odoh is different to what we have had for years. He pace and direct running scares the life out of defenders. He probably should have scored in the first half. With Cashman and Newby we certainly have different options for the first time in a long time. A shout out to Dooley who has played really well recently and put in some tackles as well, which has been a shock!

I really hope we can sign O'Keefe permanently. He is a class player.
Match Thread v Tranmere on 19:55 - Sep 11 with 3510 viewsdingdangblue

Really enjoy that. Hard fought win but we just about deserved it. Morley was superb despite his critics on Facebook. Wonderful finish by Cashman - reminded me of Scott Hogan at his best.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 20:05 - Sep 11 with 3442 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread v Tranmere on 19:55 - Sep 11 by dingdangblue

Really enjoy that. Hard fought win but we just about deserved it. Morley was superb despite his critics on Facebook. Wonderful finish by Cashman - reminded me of Scott Hogan at his best.

It's pretty funny really. Tight well-fought contest, 0-0, then we bring on a sub

Tranmere must've been thinking... WFT, they've brought on Jack Grealish????
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 23:57]

Match Thread v Tranmere on 20:11 - Sep 11 with 3396 viewsSandyman

It feels like it should again. Going to watch a Rochdale team who try their best. Robbie Stockdale has done a great job in a very short time on limited resources, and got a TEAM playing for RAFC instead of a project/process/plan to assist someone's selfish career objectives.

The disgraced and despised ex-CEO who saw us as non-league must be crying again tonight . Another failure to add to his miserable lifetime legacy.

Thanks to the board, Robbie and the players.

UTDNFS
Match Thread v Tranmere on 20:24 - Sep 11 with 3319 viewsSandyman

Highlights

https://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-tranmere-rovers/report/448520
Match Thread v Tranmere on 20:33 - Sep 11 with 3274 viewsblackdogblue

What I found bizarre was as I went in the main stand, there was a person with a hand held scanner in there 🤷‍♂️…

There was also a nice lady outside to assist if problems scanning..

Teething problems or sold a pup?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 21:51 - Sep 11 with 2952 viewsEllDale

Some random observations from myself.
Our home performances are definitely following a pattern.
Highly intensity start to the first half which sees us creating chances which have been, in all four league games, largely spurned.
Did anyone else happen to think by the way that Keohane was pushed off the ball in the penalty area in the first half by the way? Or did he go to ground far too easily?
I can see why Tranmere have such a good defensive record but a dismal scoring one at the same time. They have a back three and keeper brimful of experience but even they were slightly rattled in the opening half hour. Evidence of this was the way in which Peter Clarke gave the linesman a right rollicking. Some referees would have booked him for that tirade.
They were very physical upfront, especially the young lad (Devitt?) who was playing for Warrington Rylands last season.
They gave Dorsett a torrid time when they were chasing the game and even O’Connell looked uncomfortable at times.
Whoever was responsible for the recruitment of Beasley, Newby and Odoh last season needs a pat on the back as well.
Having said that, if we’d had this manager in charge after January we’d probably have finished in the top half of the table!
Match Thread v Tranmere on 22:01 - Sep 11 with 2890 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread v Tranmere on 20:33 - Sep 11 by blackdogblue

What I found bizarre was as I went in the main stand, there was a person with a hand held scanner in there 🤷‍♂️…

There was also a nice lady outside to assist if problems scanning..

Teething problems or sold a pup?

The hand held scanner device wouldn't work at all when I went in. Five aborted attempts. I tried the centre turnstile with the scanning device installed and it worked perfectly.

Why would they want a faulty hand-held device when the existing devises seem to be working perfectly?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread v Tranmere on 22:03 - Sep 11 with 2887 viewsjpresto

Did anyone think we had a good shout for a penalty in the first half when if i remember Newby was flattened as he was about pass to team mates in front of goal?
Match Thread v Tranmere on 22:19 - Sep 11 with 2801 viewsborodale

Match Thread v Tranmere on 19:25 - Sep 11 by isitme

We played some really good football, especially in the first half. As others have said Dorsett hit a bit of a wall towards the end of the game. He was letting the ball bounce too much and getting caught.

Odoh is different to what we have had for years. He pace and direct running scares the life out of defenders. He probably should have scored in the first half. With Cashman and Newby we certainly have different options for the first time in a long time. A shout out to Dooley who has played really well recently and put in some tackles as well, which has been a shock!

I really hope we can sign O'Keefe permanently. He is a class player.

Dooley looks a different player to me, much improved and enjoying a more central role. Wonder why!!
Match Thread v Tranmere on 22:29 - Sep 11 with 2731 viewsEllDale

As I mentioned above I had it in my head that it was Keohane who seemed to be pushed off the ball as he surged into the penalty area.
No-one else seems to have mentioned it though so perhaps there was an element of simulation!
Match Thread v Tranmere on 22:42 - Sep 11 with 2672 viewsboromat

Match Thread v Tranmere on 22:29 - Sep 11 by EllDale

As I mentioned above I had it in my head that it was Keohane who seemed to be pushed off the ball as he surged into the penalty area.
No-one else seems to have mentioned it though so perhaps there was an element of simulation!

Yeah was Keohane. I thought it was a penalty but a Tranmere fan would argue he went down easy. You win some you lose some.

Thought we were excellent today especially in the first half just need more on target and to be more clinical. They seemed to target Morley wanting time on the ball but he was excellent and plenty of times three players would pounce on him but he'd find a pass taking all three out of the play. Dooley again was very good and is reformed in central midfield in league 2. Think Cashman might get a start soon but who do you drop?!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 23:12 - Sep 11 with 2581 viewsR17ALE

Match Thread v Tranmere on 22:42 - Sep 11 by boromat

Yeah was Keohane. I thought it was a penalty but a Tranmere fan would argue he went down easy. You win some you lose some.

Thought we were excellent today especially in the first half just need more on target and to be more clinical. They seemed to target Morley wanting time on the ball but he was excellent and plenty of times three players would pounce on him but he'd find a pass taking all three out of the play. Dooley again was very good and is reformed in central midfield in league 2. Think Cashman might get a start soon but who do you drop?!

I followed Aaron home into bury this evening. I knew it was him because of his plate. At the lights I pulled in alongside him and put my thumb up. Sportingly he wound his window down so I could say "well played today" to him. He said "cheers" and then the lights turned green. He sped off so quick I shit myself and nearly missed the turning to KFC!

He needs to put his accelerating foot into his clearances! If he could merge his driving into his defending he'd be a much better player than he already is!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 23:46 - Sep 11 with 2454 viewsrochedale

Match Thread v Tranmere on 23:12 - Sep 11 by R17ALE

I followed Aaron home into bury this evening. I knew it was him because of his plate. At the lights I pulled in alongside him and put my thumb up. Sportingly he wound his window down so I could say "well played today" to him. He said "cheers" and then the lights turned green. He sped off so quick I shit myself and nearly missed the turning to KFC!

He needs to put his accelerating foot into his clearances! If he could merge his driving into his defending he'd be a much better player than he already is!

Had a quick skim of this thread earlier… it’s amazing how people see the game differently. I thought Dorsett was a liability and made too many mistakes. We were in control lost of the match and should’ve been well ahead come half time, but Tranmere should’ve scored when hit the woodwork, similarly, they should’ve equalised but the woodwork saved us. We look good, but make daft mistakes, more like wrong choices. We’ve more to offer though and I can see us turning teams over by large margins as the season progresses. Fair play to Tranmere fans, they were awesome. Great day, great result and my daughter wants to come again!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread v Tranmere on 23:57 - Sep 11 with 2407 viewsJames1980

Match Thread v Tranmere on 23:12 - Sep 11 by R17ALE

Did he press the Nitrous button in his motor

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread v Tranmere on 08:38 - Sep 12 with 1953 viewsseasidedale

What was the attendance yesterday?
Match Thread v Tranmere on 09:22 - Sep 12 with 1851 viewsEllDale

And was the Golden Gamble claimed? Didn’t hear the numbers at halftime.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024