Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings and Vest 12:46 - Sep 12 with 3780 viewskingslandstand1

I see both got substituted yesterday in defeats .....

Tbf to Vestergard though, he apparently did play well
Ings and Vest on 13:06 - Sep 12 with 3336 viewsNYC_Saint

Probably been said before but Leicester hav 50% of the starting back four that suffered two 9-0 defeats. I understand two early sending offs (one of them Bertrand) caused them but still I think it’s interesting this hasn’t tarnished both players into not being signed by the same team (especially as said team and manager inflicted one of the defeats!)

Re Danny Ings, it was a shame he moved for money but in reality he did us a favor. The amount we got for a one year remaining contract was huge and we’ve spent it (largel) good effect. Seeing the way we finished yesterday there’s a good team in there at Saints and a bit like the RK years we lost great players but did better in the league for it…
Ings and Vest on 13:28 - Sep 12 with 3304 viewsdirk_doone

Ings and Vest on 13:06 - Sep 12 by NYC_Saint

Probably been said before but Leicester hav 50% of the starting back four that suffered two 9-0 defeats. I understand two early sending offs (one of them Bertrand) caused them but still I think it’s interesting this hasn’t tarnished both players into not being signed by the same team (especially as said team and manager inflicted one of the defeats!)

Re Danny Ings, it was a shame he moved for money but in reality he did us a favor. The amount we got for a one year remaining contract was huge and we’ve spent it (largel) good effect. Seeing the way we finished yesterday there’s a good team in there at Saints and a bit like the RK years we lost great players but did better in the league for it…

Ironically, until Broja came on, it was the first game this season where we looked like we missed Danny Ings. But, the improvement in our central defence since we got rid of Vestergaard makes up for that.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 13:29]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ings and Vest on 14:38 - Sep 12 with 3233 viewssaintwizzler

Ings and Vest on 13:28 - Sep 12 by dirk_doone

Ironically, until Broja came on, it was the first game this season where we looked like we missed Danny Ings. But, the improvement in our central defence since we got rid of Vestergaard makes up for that.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 13:29]

We will miss a player of Danny Ings’ quality in every game.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ings and Vest on 16:22 - Sep 12 with 3134 viewsRon11

Ings and Vest on 14:38 - Sep 12 by saintwizzler

Absolutely.
But like his replacement Armstrong, it's gone back to the same old (Ralph) story, he's not getting the ball at his feet as Ralph's tactics STILL don't have that 'get it forward' game plan.
Hopefully that will change, because something has to. The love affair with Redmond and Djenepo for example.
Ings and Vest on 16:50 - Sep 12 with 3101 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings and Vest on 16:22 - Sep 12 by Ron11

Absolutely.
But like his replacement Armstrong, it's gone back to the same old (Ralph) story, he's not getting the ball at his feet as Ralph's tactics STILL don't have that 'get it forward' game plan.
Hopefully that will change, because something has to. The love affair with Redmond and Djenepo for example.

Last season, Ralph got criticised for the number of goals we were letting in. He is trying to, and is being successful at improving the defence. We were excellent yesterday defensively. Can we not be positive about this, that the defence looks much much better? We nearly won the game, had it not been for the post and a clearance off the line. West Ham are a really good team as are Man U. We nearly beat them both. We have had a really tough start, and picked up points in games, that last year we lost. We have all the "lower" teams to play yet. We have been solid in all our games this year. Broja will score goals and the rest of the team will follow. I'm actually quite optimistic and don't think it's fair or sensible to think a new manager would make things better.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 16:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings and Vest on 20:59 - Sep 12 with 2969 viewsRon11

Ings and Vest on 16:50 - Sep 12 by Saintsforeverj

Last season, Ralph got criticised for the number of goals we were letting in. He is trying to, and is being successful at improving the defence. We were excellent yesterday defensively. Can we not be positive about this, that the defence looks much much better? We nearly won the game, had it not been for the post and a clearance off the line. West Ham are a really good team as are Man U. We nearly beat them both. We have had a really tough start, and picked up points in games, that last year we lost. We have all the "lower" teams to play yet. We have been solid in all our games this year. Broja will score goals and the rest of the team will follow. I'm actually quite optimistic and don't think it's fair or sensible to think a new manager would make things better.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 16:52]

So is that how we're going to measure our level of success this season - by 'nearly beating' teams?
Ings and Vest on 21:11 - Sep 12 with 2955 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings and Vest on 20:59 - Sep 12 by Ron11

So is that how we're going to measure our level of success this season - by 'nearly beating' teams?

No, hopefully with our much improved defence and not letting many in, hitting the post and getting cleared off the line will turn into goals and wins. We lost to both these teams last year, so wouldn't you say it's improvement to not lose and nearly beat them but for an inch of the post? Nearly beating them, is more than other PL teams have achieved this year. West Ham have already thrashed Leicester and Newcastle this year. At least we got a point. If you think sacking the manager 4 games in, after clean sheets, the team playing really well against some of the best PL teams, having sold our best players is the answer, well I disagree. Continuity is what we need not more upheaval, when this cheaply assembled squad is playing really well. Surely you don't want to risk our cheapskate owner bringing in a Pellegrino, Hughes, Bruce or Puel when we have a manager getting results.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 21:45]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings and Vest on 06:37 - Sep 13 with 2822 viewssaintwizzler

Ings and Vest on 21:11 - Sep 12 by Saintsforeverj

No, hopefully with our much improved defence and not letting many in, hitting the post and getting cleared off the line will turn into goals and wins. We lost to both these teams last year, so wouldn't you say it's improvement to not lose and nearly beat them but for an inch of the post? Nearly beating them, is more than other PL teams have achieved this year. West Ham have already thrashed Leicester and Newcastle this year. At least we got a point. If you think sacking the manager 4 games in, after clean sheets, the team playing really well against some of the best PL teams, having sold our best players is the answer, well I disagree. Continuity is what we need not more upheaval, when this cheaply assembled squad is playing really well. Surely you don't want to risk our cheapskate owner bringing in a Pellegrino, Hughes, Bruce or Puel when we have a manager getting results.

Agreed after 4 games is too soon. New season, fresh start.
What after 10 games if there’s no win on the board?
Do we stick with Ralph then?

Next 6 games
Man City A
Wolves H
Chelsea A
Leeds H
Burnley H
Watford A

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Ings and Vest on 08:55 - Sep 13 with 2762 viewssaint22

Ings and Vest on 06:37 - Sep 13 by saintwizzler

Agreed after 4 games is too soon. New season, fresh start.
What after 10 games if there’s no win on the board?
Do we stick with Ralph then?

Next 6 games
Man City A
Wolves H
Chelsea A
Leeds H
Burnley H
Watford A

Anything less than 7 points from those fixtures and questions will need to be asked
Ings and Vest on 09:18 - Sep 13 with 2747 viewsRon11

Ings and Vest on 21:11 - Sep 12 by Saintsforeverj

I wasn't thinking 'sack the manager' I was thinking now that the defence looks a bit steadier, let's get the ball forward a bit more.
We've all seen how ineffective Redmond and Djenepo have been (the one where the ball was blazed over the bar from point blank range) they need a spell on the bench - as you hinted we have brought in some good players, let's use them.
Ings and Vest on 11:43 - Sep 13 with 2668 viewsSaintNick

Ings and Vest on 14:38 - Sep 12 by saintwizzler

I would question this in that out of 112 Premier League games he could have played during his three years here he started 81 & was sub in another 10.

That meant he completely missed 21 games and didn't start in another 10, so on average there will be 10 games this season where we wont miss him

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ings and Vest on 13:12 - Sep 14 with 2542 viewsSadoldgit

The report I read about Leicester gave Vestergaard MotM with 8/10
Ings and Vest on 10:52 - Sep 17 with 2380 viewsdirk_doone

Vestergaard is starting to have an impact at Leicester.

FoxesTalk:

"Our defence without Evans is fvcking garbage."

"Defensive horror show."

"Defending this season has been atrocious. Look shaky every time the ball comes near our box."

"Centre defence was pretty weak"

"Soyuncu and Vestegaard scare me. The latter has to be the weakest player I've ever seen going shoulder to shoulder with a player."

"Problem with playing Evans and Vestergaard together is lack of pace - they got caught out lots of times in the first half."

"Vestergaard was very poor tonight, awful for their first goal and nowhere near their most dangerous player Osimhen for his headed goal, surely he should have been marking him ffs."

"I miss Fofana"

"Vestergaard looks weak and limp defensively."

"Vestegaard just literally gave up and let the Napoli striker just breeze past him. Shocking defending."

"Vestergaard is 8 foot 12 but hasn't got any shoulders."

[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 13:45]

Ings and Vest on 11:08 - Sep 17 with 2369 views1885_SFC

I can't speak for anyone else - but getting shot of Vestergard was the best bit of business we did all Summer!

Yes I know we're still short of quality - real quality - in central defence... but Vestergard wasn't the answer.

Old School is Cool

Ings and Vest on 11:17 - Sep 17 with 2357 viewsdirk_doone

Ings and Vest on 11:08 - Sep 17 by 1885_SFC

I can't speak for anyone else - but getting shot of Vestergard was the best bit of business we did all Summer!

Yes I know we're still short of quality - real quality - in central defence... but Vestergard wasn't the answer.

To actually get a fee for him and weaken a rival at the same time was a brilliant bit of business. And, our central defence looks so much better without him.

Ings and Vest on 14:58 - Sep 17 with 2292 viewssaint22

Ings and Vest on 10:52 - Sep 17 by dirk_doone

Vestergaard is starting to have an impact at Leicester.

FoxesTalk:

"Our defence without Evans is fvcking garbage."

"Defensive horror show."

"Defending this season has been atrocious. Look shaky every time the ball comes near our box."

"Centre defence was pretty weak"

"Soyuncu and Vestegaard scare me. The latter has to be the weakest player I've ever seen going shoulder to shoulder with a player."

"Problem with playing Evans and Vestergaard together is lack of pace - they got caught out lots of times in the first half."

"Vestergaard was very poor tonight, awful for their first goal and nowhere near their most dangerous player Osimhen for his headed goal, surely he should have been marking him ffs."

"I miss Fofana"

"Vestergaard looks weak and limp defensively."

"Vestegaard just literally gave up and let the Napoli striker just breeze past him. Shocking defending."

"Vestergaard is 8 foot 12 but hasn't got any shoulders."

[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 13:45]

For such a unit he gets outmuscled so often
He did look pants last night
Bertrand seemed to be swanning about smiling a lot too
Nothing quite like seeing Brenda get it wrong the mouth open gum chewing c0ck womble
Ings and Vest on 15:25 - Sep 17 with 2275 viewsButty101

Ings and Vest on 14:58 - Sep 17 by saint22

Nothing quite like seeing Brenda get it wrong the mouth open gum chewing c0ck womble

I liked Vest, but thats probably built on the first half of last season when he was spraying the ball to all parts of the ground and scoring at corners.

We havent missed him so far.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ings and Vest on 00:42 - Sep 18 with 2178 viewsBicester_North

Agreed Ben, fun to watch

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings and Vest on 20:17 - Sep 18 with 2033 viewsdirk_doone

Thank God he wasn't playing for us today. The last time we went to the Etihad, earlier this year, with Vestergaard in the side, we lost 5-2.

Ings and Vest on 23:48 - Sep 18 with 1912 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. Vestergaard was "okay", but Saints have come up a rare winner on this one in getting rid. We all doubted it, but he's making the same mistakes at another club, while Saints look much better in defence.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Ings and Vest on 09:58 - Sep 19 with 1802 viewsSaintNick

Ings and Vest on 23:48 - Sep 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agreed. Vestergaard was "okay", but Saints have come up a rare winner on this one in getting rid. We all doubted it, but he's making the same mistakes at another club, while Saints look much better in defence.

Im with Dirk on this one, I always felt that Vestergaard's positional sense and reading of the game was suspect, he was too much like Bednarek in style of play for it to be a good match, in his 3 seasons here he rarely had a great game, last season he had a purple patch where we didn't get caught out at the back and he was hitting those diagonal balls, but teams got wise to that tactic quite quickly.

I feel happy that we now have Bednarek and Salisu who I think are our best pairing, Jack Stephens who is a good back up, Lyanco who could become a good buy and Simeu who I think could break through this season as Livramento has

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ings and Vest on 14:38 - Sep 19 with 1760 viewsdirk_doone

He's just given a penalty away at Brighton. He really is a defensive liability.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:38]

Ings and Vest on 17:29 - Sep 19 with 1691 viewsBicester_North

Ings and Vest on 14:38 - Sep 19 by dirk_doone

He's just given a penalty away at Brighton. He really is a defensive liability.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:38]

I see Vestergaard and Bertrand were to the 2 lowest rated players for Leicester on the BBC website today, apart from Maddison who went off on 45 mins

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings and Vest on 17:10 - Sep 25 with 1452 viewsdirk_doone

I watched the Leicester v Burnley game. Vestergaard was as poor as ever: weak and slow. Leicester fans are wondering how on earth he ever managed to get into the Premier League:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/126561-vestergaard-signs/page/17/#comments

Ings and Vest on 23:32 - Sep 25 with 1293 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Ings and Vest on 17:10 - Sep 25 by dirk_doone

I watched the Leicester v Burnley game. Vestergaard was as poor as ever: weak and slow. Leicester fans are wondering how on earth he ever managed to get into the Premier League:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/126561-vestergaard-signs/page/17/#comments

They aren't wrong, he's sh*te. Bertrand has had it too, he was great for us, but for the last couple of seasons has been playing that card and is now nowhere near good enough.

Having said that, it gives me hope that Hassenhuttl and the recruitment team have this nailed.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024