Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. 18:31 - Oct 5 with 7201 views442Dale

Be interesting to see where Keohane is deployed. Could be a 4-3-3.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 21:35 - Oct 5 with 2767 viewsnordenblue

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 21:06 - Oct 5 by since58

Eamon would have done better .!!!

Or even Julie could enhance us up front
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 22:00 - Oct 5 with 2584 viewsdingdangblue

11 attempts at goal and only 1 on target. Its a very worrying trend all season so far.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 22:13 - Oct 5 with 2522 viewsDaleFan7

It's poor that professional footballers are struggling so much to hit a target that is 192 sq ft in size. If we were having 4 or 5 shots on target a game and the keeper was keeping them out then fair enough but we've had 4 shots on target in our last 270 minutes of football.

1 shot on target every 68 minutes isn't good enough.
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 22:56 - Oct 5 with 2370 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 20:38 - Oct 5 by _Windydale

Sub Done, he's well past it now and looking his age. On the wind down to retirement.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 20:39]

No, on wind down to next contract review which is a few months off yet.
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:02 - Oct 5 with 2332 views442Dale

Wasn’t there tonight, didn’t watch online. If those that were/did thought we were poor, fair enough. We are going through a rough spell, after a really good spell... after an indifferent spell at the start.

To be expected from a new team with a new manager after a season and summer of turmoil. Might be worth thinking back to where we were three months ago and taking stock. Criticism of the constructive variety is of course justified, but it’s best not to overreact and when it borders on disrespectful towards players who have given years of service to the club, it’s achieving nothing.

If we get to Christmas having won, drawn and lost in equal amounts, that really won’t be so bad. From then on we can look at the squad again in January.

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:15 - Oct 5 with 2277 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:02 - Oct 5 by 442Dale

Wasn’t there tonight, didn’t watch online. If those that were/did thought we were poor, fair enough. We are going through a rough spell, after a really good spell... after an indifferent spell at the start.

To be expected from a new team with a new manager after a season and summer of turmoil. Might be worth thinking back to where we were three months ago and taking stock. Criticism of the constructive variety is of course justified, but it’s best not to overreact and when it borders on disrespectful towards players who have given years of service to the club, it’s achieving nothing.

If we get to Christmas having won, drawn and lost in equal amounts, that really won’t be so bad. From then on we can look at the squad again in January.

I was there.

We weren't poor, nor were we particularly good. The same could be said of Vale.

0-0 and penalties would have been the right outcome, save for the ball hitting Taylor from a non-descript cross. I'd need to see it back to see exactly what happened; I imagine we could have defended it better in the first place.

Keohane hit the foot of the post in the opening minutes, Vale did the same late on.

Done should have scored at least one goal, Cashman could perhaps have done better with a late effort.

Vale also went close with a small number of efforts.

Some of our defensive blocks were excellent and very last minute at times, so the criticism of the defence is odd, especially as Lynch only had to field a couple of long range efforts.

I'm not sure about us being 'found out' either. We lost tonight and on Saturday primarily because we missed too many chances and didn't get enough efforts on target; that's down to us rather than some opposition masterplan.

Of course we're in a sticky run of form, that can't be denied, but as you say, some perspective is needed.

It was also very, very cold and very, very wet.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:16 - Oct 5 with 2269 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 21:26 - Oct 5 by 49thseason

I think we might have been found out .....time to concentrate on picking up points, one at a time if needs must. And we still need a proper striker.

What are the consequences to our latest defeat....are we still in it?

Agree we must start picking up League points.......Stockdale sounds a bit like BBM on match summary.
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:17 - Oct 5 with 2266 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 22:56 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

No, on wind down to next contract review which is a few months off yet.

So you're saying he wasn't trying? I was there - he was trying and made some good openings, but unfortunately he's not the same player he was six years ago. It's not his fault he was offered a contract extension in the summer.

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:19 - Oct 5 with 2251 views442Dale

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:16 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree we must start picking up League points.......Stockdale sounds a bit like BBM on match summary.

Which bits sound like BBM? Any examples?

He was as honest as ever about what we need to do better.

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:22 - Oct 5 with 2224 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:16 - Oct 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

We're second in the group with a game to play.

Stockdale sounds absolutely nothing like BBM, accent-wise or post-match interpretation.

Did he sound like BBM three weeks ago?

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:35 - Oct 5 with 2179 viewsD_Alien

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:22 - Oct 5 by TVOS1907

We're second in the group with a game to play.

Stockdale sounds absolutely nothing like BBM, accent-wise or post-match interpretation.

Did he sound like BBM three weeks ago?

What formation did we play, and did it make any difference?

How did Aidy White play?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:44 - Oct 5 with 2129 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:35 - Oct 5 by D_Alien

What formation did we play, and did it make any difference?

How did Aidy White play?

Similar formation to previous, I think. I'm not that into formations, as much as others.

O'Keeffe and Keohane were the wing-backs, with White moving from central defence to left wing-back when O'Keeffe went off. (Keohane moved to the right).

I thought White had a good game and got forward well late in the game. I'd definitely consider him for a place on Saturday, possibly as one of the three central defenders, if not as the wing back position he occupied after O'Keeffe's subbing.

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:49 - Oct 5 with 2112 viewskel

Did everybody sit in the seat printed on their ticket?
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:51 - Oct 5 with 2109 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:49 - Oct 5 by kel

Did everybody sit in the seat printed on their ticket?

Yeah

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 06:08 - Oct 6 with 1931 viewsDiddyDave

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:15 - Oct 5 by TVOS1907

I was there.

0-0 and penalties would have been the right outcome, save for the ball hitting Taylor from a non-descript cross. I'd need to see it back to see exactly what happened; I imagine we could have defended it better in the first place.

Keohane hit the foot of the post in the opening minutes, Vale did the same late on.

Done should have scored at least one goal, Cashman could perhaps have done better with a late effort.

Some of our defensive blocks were excellent and very last minute at times, so the criticism of the defence is odd, especially as Lynch only had to field a couple of long range efforts.

I'm not sure about us being 'found out' either. We lost tonight and on Saturday primarily because we missed too many chances and didn't get enough efforts on target; that's down to us rather than some opposition masterplan.

Of course we're in a sticky run of form, that can't be denied, but as you say, some perspective is needed.

Crawley on Saturday, they got walloped 4-0 at home by Leyton Orient tonight, so must be like Dale at the moment, lacking confidence. Only saw the two minutes of highlights again, I think it`s more frustration than anything else, nothing that an early goal wouldn`t fix. Still saw a few players looking at each other and it`s just not happening at the moment, but let`s hope RS can find the magical potion.
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 06:47 - Oct 6 with 1895 viewsfitzochris

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 23:15 - Oct 5 by TVOS1907

I was there.

Excellent summary. I’ve never seen White play as anything other than a full back/wing back, so that was interesting.

There has been a massive overreaction on here and social media to the result, and that’s probably because of the last-minute goal conceded. Sadly, such occurrences have shades of BBM about them and, when it happens, all the positives from the match seem to be forgotten.

As 442 says, such fluctuations in form will happen with such a new team and a manager finding his own way.

Christmas is the time to judge.

I know a lot of people deride this trophy, and it has been steadily devalued over the years, but it does give a club like ours a realistic tilt at Wembley and I always think that shouldn’t be sniffed at.

I personally think Stockdale would like to do well in this competition, as opposed to our previous two managers who couldn’t be arsed with it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 07:40 - Oct 6 with 1793 viewsnordenblue

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 06:47 - Oct 6 by fitzochris

Excellent summary. I’ve never seen White play as anything other than a full back/wing back, so that was interesting.

There has been a massive overreaction on here and social media to the result, and that’s probably because of the last-minute goal conceded. Sadly, such occurrences have shades of BBM about them and, when it happens, all the positives from the match seem to be forgotten.

As 442 says, such fluctuations in form will happen with such a new team and a manager finding his own way.

I know a lot of people deride this trophy, and it has been steadily devalued over the years, but it does give a club like ours a realistic tilt at Wembley and I always think that shouldn’t be sniffed at.

I personally think Stockdale would like to do well in this competition, as opposed to our previous two managers who couldn’t be arsed with it.

All very true Fitz, it's just a shame our previous manager couldn't be arsed with the league either...
Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 08:59 - Oct 6 with 1667 viewsTomRAFC

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 21:26 - Oct 5 by 49thseason

I think we might have been found out .....time to concentrate on picking up points, one at a time if needs must. And we still need a proper striker.

With Andrews injured, we may need to look around the free agents.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 09:17 - Oct 6 with 1618 viewsDaleiLama

Seems a pretty fair reaction to me this:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/october/interview_stockdalepostportvale/

As the old adage goes - you're rarely as good as you think you are when you're winning games and rarely as bad when you're losing.

Anyone judging RS at this stage needs to get out more.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 13:55 - Oct 6 with 1260 viewsRAFCBLUE

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 09:17 - Oct 6 by DaleiLama

Seems a pretty fair reaction to me this:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/october/interview_stockdalepostportvale/

As the old adage goes - you're rarely as good as you think you are when you're winning games and rarely as bad when you're losing.

Anyone judging RS at this stage needs to get out more.

Given the circumstances of his appointment, where BBM walked away to coach an under-23's team, anything entertaining and competitive this year will do me.

If you look at the hand dealt to RS, he has played it as well as anyone and it is now about building forward for the club ideally without the distractions off the field which means we can get on just being about football.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 14:56 - Oct 7 with 887 viewsAtThePeake

Port Vale Papa John’s match thread. on 06:47 - Oct 6 by fitzochris

Good point on Wembley Fitzo.

A few years back I always used to think we should target this competition. Really, it's one of only two trophies we have any half-chance of realistically winning in any given season, so why not?

But it never was taken seriously even then and the U21 teams being in it just killed any interest I had stone dead. I've not been to or watched a match in it since (even forgot we were playing on Tuesday) and given that there's now a group stage where we have to play three games no matter what, it just feels like an extra burden on the playing squad to boot.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024