Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaccine Plan B 10:17 - Oct 20 with 2316 viewsSaintNick

Calls for Plan B to be implemented, which seems to be about only letting people into events etc who have been double jabbed and a return to mandatory face coverings in certain places.

Doesn't seem to be too draconian based on what we are tackling, according to figures the latest swell in numbers catching covid is mainly due to the young who are innoculated catching it and passing it on

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Vaccine Plan B on 22:50 - Oct 20 with 888 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 22:44 - Oct 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

My wife is a teacher and my son is at school - it's not been an issue for us. The schools round here are handling it well and I know about 2 people who have tested positive.

I think it's got more to do with the dirty and unvaccinated. My wife and I test 2 times a week to be sure we're clean going to work and both her school and my work enforce testing.

Masks, work from home more if you can, test, sanitise, don't get too close, it's not hard. If the government need a 'plan B' to make dinlos realise that, then fine.

The problem is, many aren't as responsible as you, and won't be, whether plan B is implemented or not. The full lockdown obviously enforces it with everything shut. People like you are responsible anyway, many still won't do tests, wash hands or wear masks in restaurants etc. They will still fake COVID tests, turn up with symptoms and everyone will still be mixing. I'm not convinced, personally, that COVID passports and wearing masks will make much difference, if millions of people are still mixing, including those millions still unvaccinated. Of course it might help a bit, but I doubt significantly so. We will have to see what winter brings.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 23:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Vaccine Plan B on 23:00 - Oct 20 with 860 viewsDorsetIan

Vaccine Plan B on 22:13 - Oct 20 by Gennaro_Contaldo

What don't people understand, it is not a 'lockdown'? It's asking people to wear masks indoors, get vaccinated (and show a passport) and work from home if you can.

It's actually entirely sensible. 2 years ago, half my old company were phoning in with "flu" (they didn't have flu, just a cold) and we lost many many man days/weeks due to this. Last year, no one was ill at all and this year much the same.

The health practices must remain. I go in the office twice a week now, I sanitise, stay at arms length and don't share anything. If I'm in a shop or petrol station etc., I throw a mask on, it's not difficult. Most normal people I know are the same and there is far less perceived illness.

Plan B, fine by me. I'll work from home again rather than my 1 or 2 days a week in the office, no big deal.

'It's actually entirely sensible'. It is. Always was. All modest, easy to achieve things that would probably have slowed the spread.

The question then is why was the govt so desperate to lift all restrictions back in July? Was it just wishful thinking, that it would all just go away? Did the arguments of the 'you're curtailing my freedoms' brigade actually win through? Or is it something about the British character?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Vaccine Plan B on 23:04 - Oct 20 with 857 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 23:00 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

'It's actually entirely sensible'. It is. Always was. All modest, easy to achieve things that would probably have slowed the spread.

The question then is why was the govt so desperate to lift all restrictions back in July? Was it just wishful thinking, that it would all just go away? Did the arguments of the 'you're curtailing my freedoms' brigade actually win through? Or is it something about the British character?

I think it's more to do with the fact that the affect of keeping in light restrictions is hardly worth it. The fake COVID passports have been discussed, so what's the point? Scotland is far stricter with wearing masks as is Wales, yet there is literally no significant difference in deaths and hospital admissions. And it's because people are still mixing in pubs, restaurants, schools and football grounds.

Vaccine Plan B on 23:10 - Oct 20 with 851 viewscocklebreath

Vaccine Plan B on 23:00 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

Slow the spread but make it last forever, what’s the point? It’s gonna get 99% of people, rather sooner than later.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Vaccine Plan B on 23:15 - Oct 20 with 843 viewsDorsetIan

Vaccine Plan B on 23:10 - Oct 20 by cocklebreath

Slow the spread but make it last forever, what’s the point? It’s gonna get 99% of people, rather sooner than later.

One reason would be to buy the time to allow more people - particularly teenagers - to be vaccinated or to get their booster shot.

But the other striking thing is that the vaccine program does not seem to be flying like it was earlier in the year.

Also, if that was the plan, then tell us. 'You're all going to get it, so hold onto your hats.'

Vaccine Plan B on 23:23 - Oct 20 with 839 viewscocklebreath

Vaccine Plan B on 23:15 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

One reason would be to buy the time to allow more people - particularly teenagers - to be vaccinated or to get their booster shot.

But the other striking thing is that the vaccine program does not seem to be flying like it was earlier in the year.

Also, if that was the plan, then tell us. 'You're all going to get it, so hold onto your hats.'

Thanks to the vaccine most people who get it will have a cold for a week, obviously really old vulnerable people will die but they’re gonna die anyway, we’re living with it.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Vaccine Plan B on 23:27 - Oct 20 with 832 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 23:23 - Oct 20 by cocklebreath

Thanks to the vaccine most people who get it will have a cold for a week, obviously really old vulnerable people will die but they’re gonna die anyway, we’re living with it.

You basically sum it up. The virus is here to stay forever. If you want protection get vaccinated. Vaccinated and under 70, you are pretty much safe. If you are worried and at risk and older, then take precautions, like you would from the flu and anything else. The problem mostly is those who are unvaccinated. People wearing masks won't make much difference as it hasn't in Scotland. You will still get lots of people catching it in nightclubs, restaurants, schools and big events.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 23:29]

Vaccine Plan B on 00:41 - Oct 21 with 800 viewsBicester_North

Vaccine Plan B on 23:15 - Oct 20 by DorsetIan

Would allowing more teenagers to be vaccinated prevent the NHS from being overburdened then?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Vaccine Plan B on 10:30 - Oct 21 with 709 viewsDorsetIan

Vaccine Plan B on 00:41 - Oct 21 by Bicester_North

Would allowing more teenagers to be vaccinated prevent the NHS from being overburdened then?

That's not the question. The decision has already been made to vaccinate them. Cockle asked how slowing it down would make any difference. Allowing more people to get vaccinated is the answer to that.

You might not believe that vaccinating teenagers will make much difference, but if the decision is to vaccinate then presumably sooner rather than later.

I appreciate that there are arguments against vaccinating them, and that they don't account for many hospitalisations and deaths, but they do enable the spread to elderly relatives, and presumably mitigating that is where the major benefit lies.

Vaccine Plan B on 11:24 - Oct 21 with 674 viewsBicester_North

Vaccine Plan B on 10:30 - Oct 21 by DorsetIan

That's not the question. The decision has already been made to vaccinate them. Cockle asked how slowing it down would make any difference. Allowing more people to get vaccinated is the answer to that.

You might not believe that vaccinating teenagers will make much difference, but if the decision is to vaccinate then presumably sooner rather than later.

I appreciate that there are arguments against vaccinating them, and that they don't account for many hospitalisations and deaths, but they do enable the spread to elderly relatives, and presumably mitigating that is where the major benefit lies.

So if they get vaccinated it will stop them spreading it to elderly relatives yes?

Vaccine Plan B on 11:32 - Oct 21 with 673 viewsDorsetIan

Vaccine Plan B on 11:24 - Oct 21 by Bicester_North

So if they get vaccinated it will stop them spreading it to elderly relatives yes?

My understanding is that vaccination is less effective at reducing transmission than had been hoped, but that it does still have some effect.

If that is correct, then, yes, logically that would then stop some of them (not all) spreading it to elderly relatives.

Vaccine Plan B on 12:41 - Oct 21 with 654 viewsBicester_North

Vaccine Plan B on 11:32 - Oct 21 by DorsetIan

My understanding is that vaccination is less effective at reducing transmission than had been hoped, but that it does still have some effect.

If that is correct, then, yes, logically that would then stop some of them (not all) spreading it to elderly relatives.

It’s puzzling then, if what you say is true, how when such a large percentage population of the country is vaccinated or already had covid that transmission rates have remained very high and have been predicted to go through the roof this winter.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 12:42]

Vaccine Plan B on 14:37 - Oct 21 with 613 viewsDorsetIan

Vaccine Plan B on 12:41 - Oct 21 by Bicester_North

It’s puzzling then, if what you say is true, how when such a large percentage population of the country is vaccinated or already had covid that transmission rates have remained very high and have been predicted to go through the roof this winter.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 12:42]

I understand that about half of all those currently infected are children/teenagers most of who are unvaccinated. That would go some way to explain the continuing spread. You'd have to compare transmission between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated to understand the difference (if any) - i am sure there are people doing that out there.

I am only repeating what I read - that vaccinated does slow the spread, even if less than was hoped for and where the main advantage of vaccination is protection from a severe response to the virus.

And, as I say, I wasn't particularly posting in support of teenage vaccination.

Vaccine Plan B on 12:03 - Oct 23 with 503 viewsSadoldgit

Even for someone as incompetent as our PM, to have no full on Plan B after all that has happened takes incompetency to a new level. Relying on a booster when a large section of our society have not even had one jab yet seems incredibly stupid. In the supermarket yesterday and pleasant lady came in the intercom to remind us that although it is a personal choice to wear a mask, they would prefer it if we did. Why not just keep the old protocol going? The Santo ration points aren’t as well stocked as the used to be either. It doesn’t help when a member of the Government (and a supposedly intelligent man) utters absolute garbage in defence of his party not wearing masks in the Commons. We are rapidly becoming a nation of donkeys led by donkeys.
Vaccine Plan B on 12:30 - Oct 23 with 483 viewssaint68

Vaccine Plan B on 12:03 - Oct 23 by Sadoldgit

Even for someone as incompetent as our PM, to have no full on Plan B after all that has happened takes incompetency to a new level. Relying on a booster when a large section of our society have not even had one jab yet seems incredibly stupid. In the supermarket yesterday and pleasant lady came in the intercom to remind us that although it is a personal choice to wear a mask, they would prefer it if we did. Why not just keep the old protocol going? The Santo ration points aren’t as well stocked as the used to be either. It doesn’t help when a member of the Government (and a supposedly intelligent man) utters absolute garbage in defence of his party not wearing masks in the Commons. We are rapidly becoming a nation of donkeys led by donkeys.

The mask has slipped ..they don't wear them because they know the truth..you just tow the line .
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 12:50]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Vaccine Plan B on 12:55 - Oct 23 with 466 viewsJellybaby

Vaccine Plan B on 12:30 - Oct 23 by saint68

The mask has slipped ..they don't wear them because they know the truth..you just tow the line .
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 12:50]

Excuse the crass generalisation, but it goes something like this on mask wearing:

The working classes wear them because they believe the MSM propaganda and believe a piece of cloth on their face will save their life.

The Middle classes wear them due to virtue signalling and their need to comply to get on in society.

The Ruling classes do whatever they want and laugh at the rest of us and wonder how much further they can push us.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Vaccine Plan B on 13:23 - Oct 23 with 446 viewsBazza

Vaccine Plan B on 12:03 - Oct 23 by Sadoldgit

and commented on by donkeys?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 13:23]
Vaccine Plan B on 14:55 - Oct 23 with 414 viewsBison

Vaccine Plan B on 23:04 - Oct 20 by Saintsforeverj

I think it's more to do with the fact that the affect of keeping in light restrictions is hardly worth it. The fake COVID passports have been discussed, so what's the point? Scotland is far stricter with wearing masks as is Wales, yet there is literally no significant difference in deaths and hospital admissions. And it's because people are still mixing in pubs, restaurants, schools and football grounds.

The difference is Wales is the worse affected in all the home nations with the highest restrictions.

As for masks , the ones the general public use , not the M95's which none of the public use a good analogy of the protection they give is.....

Imagine scaffolding and firing ball bearings at it , occasionally a ball will hit a pole but the rest go straight through , they are pointless. Thats the science so anyone wanting to wear one fine , just don't force the rest of us to do it.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Vaccine Plan B on 17:09 - Oct 23 with 391 viewsSadoldgit

Vaccine Plan B on 13:23 - Oct 23 by Bazza

and commented on by donkeys?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 13:23]

Eeeowwww
Vaccine Plan B on 19:27 - Oct 23 with 362 viewsSaintsforeverj

Vaccine Plan B on 14:55 - Oct 23 by Bison

The difference is Wales is the worse affected in all the home nations with the highest restrictions.

As for masks , the ones the general public use , not the M95's which none of the public use a good analogy of the protection they give is.....

Imagine scaffolding and firing ball bearings at it , occasionally a ball will hit a pole but the rest go straight through , they are pointless. Thats the science so anyone wanting to wear one fine , just don't force the rest of us to do it.

Yep totally agree. If you're not having a full lockdown and people are still mixing in pubs, restaurants, football grounds, homes, nightclubs, then I can't see a bit of cloth making much difference. And in Wales it hasn't as you say.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 19:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024