Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Budget 22:11 - Oct 24 with 3690 viewsSadoldgit

I have just seen the Chancellor tells us how important public services are and that he is going to spend money on them in this weeks budget. This is from the government who have spent the last decade cutting huge amounts on public service spending. Before we were told there was no Magic Money Tree. Now apparently there is a whole forest of them. Why on Earth does anybody have any trust in these people?
The Budget on 07:41 - Oct 29 with 1000 viewssaint68

The Budget on 07:34 - Oct 29 by saint22

Just think on this for a minute:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVi7taNoYwU/?utm_medium=copy_link

Out of touch politicians...sadly 22 they all are...they start out with grand ideas and a will to serve their constituents...thats beaten out of them within their first 6 months...its broken and that's exactly how it will stay.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The Budget on 10:34 - Oct 29 with 961 viewsgrumpy

The Budget on 21:25 - Oct 26 by Berber

Because people remember what actually happened with year on year tax increase and spending up to the hilt. Maybe it sounds like soundbites from the Daily Mail because you seem to have a revulsion to things that contradict your skewed Daily Worker version of reality, the Daily Mail included. And no, I don't read it because it is a comic. The NHS has a long history of receiving substantial funding increases, and as soon as they are awarded, the Drs and nurses are the first to pitch in with big wage increase demands that consume most of the extra funds. I don't hold with their whimpering about how bad life is for them in based on the past 40 years or so of stuffing their own pockets first.

You are now moaning about media reporting increases to public spending again.

'nurses are the first to pitch in with big wage increase demands that consume most of the extra funds'

Seriously! Have you seen a Nurses starting salary?
The Budget on 10:48 - Oct 29 with 954 viewsJaySaint

The Budget on 10:34 - Oct 29 by grumpy

'nurses are the first to pitch in with big wage increase demands that consume most of the extra funds'

The NHS is perverse. Starting pay for an Equality & Diversity officer is about 3x that of a Nurse.

Convince me the NHS does not need fixing before throwing money at it?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

The Budget on 11:01 - Oct 29 with 938 viewssaint22

The Budget on 10:48 - Oct 29 by JaySaint

The NHS is perverse. Starting pay for an Equality & Diversity officer is about 3x that of a Nurse.

Convince me the NHS does not need fixing before throwing money at it?

Just about everything in this country needs fixing pal
NHS, welfare, rail service, supply chains etc etc etc
Its not looking good ahead
That said if you own a bank you are laughing
The Budget on 17:02 - Oct 29 with 883 viewsBerber

The Budget on 22:04 - Oct 26 by Sadoldgit

You have clearly never worked in or don’t know anybody who works in the public sector then. Strange you say that you don’t read the Mail as you sound exactly like their leader writer.
I am not moaning about public spending going up. I am complaining that it has been cut so much in the last decade meaning that we are still going to be well behind where we should have been 10 years ago no matter what the increases are.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 22:46]

But moaning about the steps taken to prevent the country going bankrupt because the previous government spent everything (and more) is like saying, "I've maxed out on my credit card, but I'm damned if I'm going to change my ways."

Yes, I have worked in the public sector, twice a decade apart (I was daft enough to think things might have changed after the first time), and also spend a good few years attempting to get the MOD to report (thruthfully) and respond to the facts, though the majority of my career was spent in the private sector, where failure to do your job meant getting the sack for by far and away the largest part of the workforce, as indeed should be the case.

Arguing that we should maintain parity economically is as daft as the Unions in the 60's and 70's, which ultimately contributed to the almost criminal decline in their influence with the working population. The happiest folk in the human race seem to make the best of what they have and aim higher and further, instead of complaining about what might have been and fighting last year's battles.

(Sometimes the Daily Mail gets it right, as indeed does/did The Daily Worker, or even The Guardian).
The Budget on 17:22 - Oct 29 with 873 viewsSadoldgit

The Budget on 17:02 - Oct 29 by Berber

But moaning about the steps taken to prevent the country going bankrupt because the previous government spent everything (and more) is like saying, "I've maxed out on my credit card, but I'm damned if I'm going to change my ways."

Yes, I have worked in the public sector, twice a decade apart (I was daft enough to think things might have changed after the first time), and also spend a good few years attempting to get the MOD to report (thruthfully) and respond to the facts, though the majority of my career was spent in the private sector, where failure to do your job meant getting the sack for by far and away the largest part of the workforce, as indeed should be the case.

Arguing that we should maintain parity economically is as daft as the Unions in the 60's and 70's, which ultimately contributed to the almost criminal decline in their influence with the working population. The happiest folk in the human race seem to make the best of what they have and aim higher and further, instead of complaining about what might have been and fighting last year's battles.

(Sometimes the Daily Mail gets it right, as indeed does/did The Daily Worker, or even The Guardian).

Last years battles as you so dismissively call them include 10 years of austerity that was entirely unnecessary and a mishandling of the pandemic on an epic scale that cost us tens of thousands of lives. But hey, let’s not make those responsible for the damage done to face up to their responsibilities, in fact let’s keep voting them in and rewarding them for their incompetence.
The Budget on 17:38 - Oct 29 with 862 viewsJaySaint

The Budget on 17:22 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

Last years battles as you so dismissively call them include 10 years of austerity that was entirely unnecessary and a mishandling of the pandemic on an epic scale that cost us tens of thousands of lives. But hey, let’s not make those responsible for the damage done to face up to their responsibilities, in fact let’s keep voting them in and rewarding them for their incompetence.

Huge spending, big State, Still still entertain COVID measures, and of course, gone massively GREEN

You must be pretty happy going forward!

The Budget on 23:38 - Oct 29 with 844 viewsBison

Where is the Tory party ?

I work hard , I dont want to pay excessive taxes . This government is Labour in disguise.

Fuk you if you can't be arsed , Increase this and that which I pay for through HMRC.

The likes of S22 or SoG's should be loving this budget , i certainly dont I am trying to keep a young family upto date with lateset gadgets and INTERNET based sh!te....... did some old fogey mention starving kids in the UK ?

At least its not like my nan who used too say it was great during the blitz , now we have idiots saying the x million kids are starving. I really cant catch my breath.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Budget on 08:49 - Oct 30 with 793 viewssaint68

The Budget on 23:38 - Oct 29 by Bison

Where is the Tory party ?

I work hard , I dont want to pay excessive taxes . This government is Labour in disguise.

Fuk you if you can't be arsed , Increase this and that which I pay for through HMRC.

The likes of S22 or SoG's should be loving this budget , i certainly dont I am trying to keep a young family upto date with lateset gadgets and INTERNET based sh!te....... did some old fogey mention starving kids in the UK ?

At least its not like my nan who used too say it was great during the blitz , now we have idiots saying the x million kids are starving. I really cant catch my breath.

Looking at it from my perspective, It is one of the worst budgets in the past 2/3 decades...its a reward for laziness and failure....self employed and employers get pretty much bent over in this handout to appease popular choice.

Glad I'm pretty much done with uk taxation...roll on 2024 when I can finally be free entirely

The Budget on 10:45 - Oct 30 with 760 viewsSadoldgit

The Budget on 13:54 - Oct 28 by Bazza

You don’t say your news source but the use of the word poverty is misleading. As I’ve said before ‘poverty’ in the Uk is relative, calculated as anyone on less than 60% of Uk average earnings. It’s not a measure of starving people. Ridiculous confusing Uk low earners who have TVs and mobiles able to eat at McDonald’s with hungry villagers in Sudan, or India peasants scavenging rubbish heaps for a living.
I’m sure there are many poor people in the UK by definition but you stated 1 in 6 or 17%, over 10 million, really?

It was on the BBC. Yes the word poverty is subjective but it still means something to those who can’t make ends meet in what we like to think is more than a third world country.
The Budget on 10:50 - Oct 30 with 756 viewsSadoldgit

The Budget on 14:41 - Oct 28 by saint68

Utter codswallop..do some bloody research

You do some bloody research. Go look up what constitutes the poverty level in this country. While you are at it you can explain to us why every supermarket has a food bank operation going on
The Budget on 11:35 - Oct 30 with 720 viewssaint22

The Budget on 08:49 - Oct 30 by saint68

Looking at it from my perspective, It is one of the worst budgets in the past 2/3 decades...its a reward for laziness and failure....self employed and employers get pretty much bent over in this handout to appease popular choice.

Glad I'm pretty much done with uk taxation...roll on 2024 when I can finally be free entirely

I think it’s an awful budget from anyone’s perspective
Unless you own a bank
Cutting duty on cheap booze wtf!? As if we don’t have a drinking issue within low income families here anyway?
The Budget on 12:31 - Oct 30 with 709 viewsJaySaint

The Budget on 11:35 - Oct 30 by saint22

I think it’s an awful budget from anyone’s perspective
Unless you own a bank
Cutting duty on cheap booze wtf!? As if we don’t have a drinking issue within low income families here anyway?

spend spend spend. Lots of green green green

you should be loving it

The Budget on 17:14 - Oct 30 with 654 viewsBerber

The Budget on 10:34 - Oct 29 by grumpy

Have you seen what they earn after 3 years?
The Budget on 17:28 - Oct 30 with 647 viewsBerber

The Budget on 17:22 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

As a country on the brink of of bankruptcy, we were in no position to carry on regardless. So what are your qualifications and experience that justifies your position that austerity was totally unnecessary? Based on your last post about my experience, you seem to jump to conclusions without knowing any facts. It supports anyone's beliefs that your rants aren't based on much at all so can hardly be put in the 'rational' category. So where are your facts coming from?
The Budget on 18:33 - Oct 30 with 625 viewsgrumpy

The Budget on 17:14 - Oct 30 by Berber

Have you seen what they earn after 3 years?

Are you serious?
I have,and now you enlighten us what it is and see if people agree with you.
The Budget on 18:49 - Oct 30 with 616 viewssaint68

The Budget on 10:50 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

You do some bloody research. Go look up what constitutes the poverty level in this country. While you are at it you can explain to us why every supermarket has a food bank operation going on

Food banks..build it and they will come

Your alarmist 1 in 6 shout was screwed..and on average across the continent its 1 in 5...even EU membership countries tend to have worse poverty sadly

I don't think poverty is even measurable in this country when compared to Angola or numerous other countries where bugger all food is the benchmark..not like in the UK where having a 3yr old handset and not enough to buy more fags or beer or crack for the useless scavengers who don't look after their children and expect the state or local charities to feed and cloth the poor children of these waisters.

I know that the UK loves to splash out billions on welfare to look as if its doing something beneficial..it does in part..but more so it generates generations of slackers and workshy wangsta's that make everyone who live near them fearful and intimidated..society is more broken than the nanny state..ain't that shit

The Budget on 19:21 - Oct 30 with 599 viewsBicester_North

The Budget on 18:49 - Oct 30 by saint68

Your alarmist 1 in 6 shout was screwed..and on average across the continent its 1 in 5...even EU membership countries tend to have worse poverty sadly

I don't think poverty is even measurable in this country when compared to Angola or numerous other countries where bugger all food is the benchmark..not like in the UK where having a 3yr old handset and not enough to buy more fags or beer or crack for the useless scavengers who don't look after their children and expect the state or local charities to feed and cloth the poor children of these waisters.

I know that the UK loves to splash out billions on welfare to look as if its doing something beneficial..it does in part..but more so it generates generations of slackers and workshy wangsta's that make everyone who live near them fearful and intimidated..society is more broken than the nanny state..ain't that shit

Feckless parents are the root of most of the evils. Absent or abusive fathers, drugs, all that shit is a massive scourge on our society. But they will keep on churning kids out, the poor little buggers who will struggle to break the cycle because of their shit upbringing.

I think we are too far gone with too many millions of youth who will keep on this way, very little the govt can do but taxing the very rich harder and encouraging apprenticeships, youth groups and sport as much as possible is a start.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The Budget on 22:51 - Oct 30 with 550 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The Budget on 10:50 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

Posted for the second time in tis thread ...

It is relative. "standards" of poverty in the UK are far higher (lower?) than poorer countries.

See the 'levels of poverty" graphic here; https://www.jrf.org.uk/our-work/what-is-poverty

This is an expensive country to live in, but people in the top 2 tiers in the graphic will still have considerably more income and FAR better standards of living than many many billions of people around the world.

So it is relative to our economic position and nothing to do with being the 5th largest economy in the world

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The Budget on 00:10 - Oct 31 with 533 viewsSadoldgit

The Budget on 18:49 - Oct 30 by saint68

So what are you saying, that food banks appeared before there was a need for them? Little wonder you are an anti vaxxers and Covid denier.
The Budget on 03:50 - Oct 31 with 516 viewsBicester_North

The Budget on 00:10 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

So what are you saying, that food banks appeared before there was a need for them? Little wonder you are an anti vaxxers and Covid denier.

Did Angela help you with those labels, The Labour labeller?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The Budget on 07:33 - Oct 31 with 482 viewssaint68

The Budget on 03:50 - Oct 31 by Bicester_North

Did Angela help you with those labels, The Labour labeller?

Ah bless the old miserable git, he really is a drip.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 7:50]

The Budget on 07:57 - Oct 31 with 476 viewssaint68

The Budget on 19:21 - Oct 30 by Bicester_North

Feckless parents are the root of most of the evils. Absent or abusive fathers, drugs, all that shit is a massive scourge on our society. But they will keep on churning kids out, the poor little buggers who will struggle to break the cycle because of their shit upbringing.

I think we are too far gone with too many millions of youth who will keep on this way, very little the govt can do but taxing the very rich harder and encouraging apprenticeships, youth groups and sport as much as possible is a start.

You're probably right mate, the rot has set and looks virtually impossible to reverse...feral fukers causing havoc with no regard far anyone are everywhere..and unfortunately they will keep on breeding more feral fukers.

The Budget on 08:42 - Oct 31 with 447 viewsSadoldgit

The Budget on 07:33 - Oct 31 by saint68

Ah bless the old miserable git, he really is a drip.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 7:50]

How’s the Flat Earth Society doing?
The Budget on 08:48 - Oct 31 with 446 viewsSadoldgit

The Budget on 17:28 - Oct 30 by Berber

As a country on the brink of of bankruptcy, we were in no position to carry on regardless. So what are your qualifications and experience that justifies your position that austerity was totally unnecessary? Based on your last post about my experience, you seem to jump to conclusions without knowing any facts. It supports anyone's beliefs that your rants aren't based on much at all so can hardly be put in the 'rational' category. So where are your facts coming from?

It was a choice. We were told that there was no magic money tree, now there is a whole forest of the damn things! The Tories chose not to borrow. They chose not to invest but to cut. There are plenty of economic expects who will tell you that there were alternatives.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024