Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train System Is Chaotic 09:38 - Oct 31 with 1963 viewsSaintNick

Why didn't they use the lockdown to repair the train system, yesterday's trip to Watford was chaos , buses between Southampton & Eastleigh and the line between Clapham and Watford also shut.

The 9.05 from Waterloo would normally get into Southampton about 10.25 it was about 11.15 before I stepped off the bus at Central.

Getting a bus at Eastleigh was utter confusion, not railway staff directing passengers, one bus with an indifferent driver refusing to let people on then another turning up and a mad dash to get on it and packed with people having to stand up and also sit on the stairs etc.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Train System Is Chaotic on 09:58 - Oct 31 with 1503 viewssaint22

They are spending 100bn on a railway no one wants or needs when they should be spending a third of that upgrading the existing services
Plus those in charge don’t have a clue
Train System Is Chaotic on 10:14 - Oct 31 with 1483 viewssaint68

Let the train take the strain...another load of bollox that was, British rail In any guise is expensive and shyte...shocking service at ridiculous prices

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Train System Is Chaotic on 10:23 - Oct 31 with 1466 viewsMytchettSaint

It’s been like that for ages trying to get down to Southampton, they’ve been doing it that long I can’t believe there’s any more maintenance or improvement work left to do on the line. Coupled with the aggro of the Avenue for driving down its Hobson’s choice for many games these days.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Train System Is Chaotic on 10:25 - Oct 31 with 1458 viewsdwayne_dibley

Train System Is Chaotic on 10:23 - Oct 31 by MytchettSaint

It’s been like that for ages trying to get down to Southampton, they’ve been doing it that long I can’t believe there’s any more maintenance or improvement work left to do on the line. Coupled with the aggro of the Avenue for driving down its Hobson’s choice for many games these days.

but lots of cycle lanes

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Train System Is Chaotic on 10:58 - Oct 31 with 1417 viewsTripleNiemi

Well i decided to drive to town last night (rather than train up) for the Kasabian gig and could say exactly the same about the road in from Rushington roundabout. I know the bridge is up for maintenance but fcuk me, that stretch in through Redbridge and Millbrook must be the most expensive piece of highway in the country. Always repairing it or doing resurfacing.

Still, well worth the effort.........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:13 - Oct 31 with 1394 viewsSadoldgit

If we are going to Build Back Better we really need a government with a long term strategy to sort out our archaic infrastructure. Why on Earth is is cheaper to fly across the country than to take a train? The transport system needs to be modernised and subsided and the money needs to stay in the system instead of going to shareholders. It makes no sense to pour money into vanity projects like HS2 when so many local services are not fit for purpose.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 16:58]
Train System Is Chaotic on 11:19 - Oct 31 with 1382 viewsdirk_doone

The country's infrastructure is falling apart, especially public transport. Getting back from London late at night is a nightmare. There seem to be two ready-made excuses: Covid and Brexit, which everybody uses nowadays for the lack of effort to put things right.

Our country is regressing for the first time this century. It's like we've had the pandemic and 'we've got Brexit done' so now we can just let everything slide and go to pot.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 11:24]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:34 - Oct 31 with 1354 viewsSaintsforeverj

It was a lovely hassle free drive. Not a protestor to be seen anywhere. The engineering works that they seem to carry out every weekend, are a complete pain.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:39 - Oct 31 with 1346 viewsdirk_doone

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:34 - Oct 31 by Saintsforeverj

It was a lovely hassle free drive. Not a protestor to be seen anywhere. The engineering works that they seem to carry out every weekend, are a complete pain.

You were lucky. They put the roadworks signs up, lay out the traffic cones and enforce the temporary speed limits and then just leave them like that for years. You rarely see any actual work being done. It's been like that on the M27 for years.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:48 - Oct 31 with 1326 viewsBuggalugs

Train System Is Chaotic on 10:58 - Oct 31 by TripleNiemi

Well i decided to drive to town last night (rather than train up) for the Kasabian gig and could say exactly the same about the road in from Rushington roundabout. I know the bridge is up for maintenance but fcuk me, that stretch in through Redbridge and Millbrook must be the most expensive piece of highway in the country. Always repairing it or doing resurfacing.

Still, well worth the effort.........

I drove to Watford as knew the trains were fvcked and had to get back in time for Kasabian myself. Made it back in good time, had a quick bite to eat, then strolled down to Totton station to get the 8.05pm into town. Guess what, fvcking cancelled…no explanation, nothing. Fuming I was. Ended up managing to get a bus in, but only just made it, getting into Guildhall just as they started.

I live off the Rushington roundabout and my business premises is around the corner from Dock Gate 20 off the Millbrook roundabout, so I fully concur with your struggles. The last 3 years have been an absolute nightmare dealing with the endless roadworks on that small stretch of road.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:49 - Oct 31 with 1326 viewsSaintsforeverj

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:39 - Oct 31 by dirk_doone

You were lucky. They put the roadworks signs up, lay out the traffic cones and enforce the temporary speed limits and then just leave them like that for years. You rarely see any actual work being done. It's been like that on the M27 for years.

That's true. Didn't have any delays, but know what you mean about putting out cones, restricting traffic to one lane, yet nobody is a actually doing any work for miles and miles. So they close lanes of the motorway for nothing!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:52 - Oct 31 with 1318 viewsJaySaint

Just wait till we are taxed out of using our cars (save the earth, innit) and thousands more use trains daily

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Train System Is Chaotic on 12:11 - Oct 31 with 1283 viewsBuggalugs

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:19 - Oct 31 by dirk_doone

The country's infrastructure is falling apart, especially public transport. Getting back from London late at night is a nightmare. There seem to be two ready-made excuses: Covid and Brexit, which everybody uses nowadays for the lack of effort to put things right.

Our country is regressing for the first time this century. It's like we've had the pandemic and 'we've got Brexit done' so now we can just let everything slide and go to pot.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 11:24]

Completely agree with this, absolutely everything service related, in both the public and private sector, is blamed on Brexit or Covid nowadays. It’s a ready-made excuse and is being milked big time.

Train System Is Chaotic on 12:53 - Oct 31 with 1220 viewssaint22

Train System Is Chaotic on 12:11 - Oct 31 by Buggalugs

Completely agree with this, absolutely everything service related, in both the public and private sector, is blamed on Brexit or Covid nowadays. It’s a ready-made excuse and is being milked big time.

Years of short term planning by political parties coming home to roost
This country is on a downward spiral and it ain’t getting any better anytime soon
Train System Is Chaotic on 13:13 - Oct 31 with 1200 viewsWints76

The work needed couldn't be done in lockdown as the trains were still running, and traincrews were still keeping the country going by working incredibly, incredibly hard by getting their fellow key workers to and from work. However, all of the work done on the railway is just patching up. Would probably need to shut down the network for a couple of years to do all that is needed.

How were Kasabian anyway? Is Serge doing all the vocals now? Can't say I really listen to them at home, but have seen them loads live and they have always been amazing, even at The Guildhall!!

Had the pleasure of seeing Paul Heaton last night at the Palladium (got from Watford to there in about 30 mins by train!). It was a shame that Jacqui Abbott couldn't perform with him as well, but he is always great value. He'd sort the country out #HeatonGrad
Train System Is Chaotic on 14:06 - Oct 31 with 1145 viewsBuggalugs

Train System Is Chaotic on 13:13 - Oct 31 by Wints76

The work needed couldn't be done in lockdown as the trains were still running, and traincrews were still keeping the country going by working incredibly, incredibly hard by getting their fellow key workers to and from work. However, all of the work done on the railway is just patching up. Would probably need to shut down the network for a couple of years to do all that is needed.

How were Kasabian anyway? Is Serge doing all the vocals now? Can't say I really listen to them at home, but have seen them loads live and they have always been amazing, even at The Guildhall!!

Had the pleasure of seeing Paul Heaton last night at the Palladium (got from Watford to there in about 30 mins by train!). It was a shame that Jacqui Abbott couldn't perform with him as well, but he is always great value. He'd sort the country out #HeatonGrad

Seen them live quite a few times too and they’re always good value. Yeah, Serge did all the vocals and is a natural performer, but I did feel they missed Tom’s presence and tone a tad, which is inevitable I suppose. Still the same tunes though and a really lively atmosphere, so pretty decent all round.

Train System Is Chaotic on 15:05 - Oct 31 with 1095 viewsGasGiant

Train System Is Chaotic on 09:58 - Oct 31 by saint22

They are spending 100bn on a railway no one wants or needs when they should be spending a third of that upgrading the existing services

Unfortunately it's you that doesn't have a clue. Last time you posted this Innacurate nonsense I gave an itemised explanation of every misconception and fallacy in your post, but you are doing it again. What is the point?
Train System Is Chaotic on 15:26 - Oct 31 with 1068 viewssaint22

Train System Is Chaotic on 15:05 - Oct 31 by GasGiant

Unfortunately it's you that doesn't have a clue. Last time you posted this Innacurate nonsense I gave an itemised explanation of every misconception and fallacy in your post, but you are doing it again. What is the point?

Oh please there is absolutely no need for the vanity hs2
The north admittedly could use the hs3 maybe they should have started up there
Down south the entire rail service needs over hauling not just one that brings people to London 25 mins quicker from Brum than it does now
Back to your daily mail world
Train System Is Chaotic on 15:44 - Oct 31 with 1039 views1ASIN12

Didn’t have any hassle with the trains yesterday, no buses and all on time.

Got the 8 am from central which was diverted through fareham and Havant go to Watford at 11

Left Watford junction at 19:00 and had a pint in the hole in the walk and got the 20:25 back from Waterloo getting back into central at 22:25 again diverted through Havant .

Good result and good easy day out .
Train System Is Chaotic on 16:36 - Oct 31 with 980 viewsGasGiant

Train System Is Chaotic on 15:26 - Oct 31 by saint22

Oh please there is absolutely no need for the vanity hs2
The north admittedly could use the hs3 maybe they should have started up there
Down south the entire rail service needs over hauling not just one that brings people to London 25 mins quicker from Brum than it does now
Back to your daily mail world

The HS2 trains will run to 25 locations not 2. NPR (or HS3 if you prefer) is predicated on infrastructure provided by HS2 and will not happen without it so not sure how you think HS3 is going to achieve anything with no new stations. . HS2 also displaces 12 paths per hour out of Euston, some of which may have eased the journey to Watford. You don't know the programme. I worked on the WCML modernisation programme back in the early 2000s and have been in touch with HS2 since then. I don't think you know anything about the programme at all, although you seem to think if you repeat fallacies and misconceptions often enough it makes them true.
Train System Is Chaotic on 18:38 - Oct 31 with 916 viewsDorsetIan

It’s all very well complaining about the train system but it could be a lot worse. I just thank goodness we’re not one of those countries that have spend millions on tracks and trains, only for results on the ground to stay exactly the same, leading to the nation’s bankruptcy, them having to sell everything off, and ending up with a worse system than they started with.

The train system is not perfect but it usually gets us their eventually, so really it does us no harm.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Train System Is Chaotic on 22:29 - Oct 31 with 825 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Train System Is Chaotic on 09:58 - Oct 31 by saint22

This.

Also the roads - EVERY F*CKING ROAD is being dug up - it's not like there wasn't months of no traffic to do it.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Train System Is Chaotic on 22:35 - Oct 31 with 817 viewsMytchettSaint

Train System Is Chaotic on 22:29 - Oct 31 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This.

Also the roads - EVERY F*CKING ROAD is being dug up - it's not like there wasn't months of no traffic to do it.

Where you are in Fleet is horrific at the moment. My eldest works there. It’s been a nightmare for months and last week when I picked him up there were roadworks at either end of the high street. Who on earth thought that was a good idea!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Train System Is Chaotic on 22:39 - Oct 31 with 807 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Train System Is Chaotic on 22:35 - Oct 31 by MytchettSaint

Where you are in Fleet is horrific at the moment. My eldest works there. It’s been a nightmare for months and last week when I picked him up there were roadworks at either end of the high street. Who on earth thought that was a good idea!

I haven't known anything like it - it really is roadwork hell round here. I drove 2 miles the other day and it did take me 30 mins (granted at school run time) and I was sat in the car feeling like a knob for driving it and not walking. Serves me right, but it shows how bad it is.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Train System Is Chaotic on 07:11 - Nov 1 with 707 viewsBerber

Train System Is Chaotic on 11:13 - Oct 31 by Sadoldgit

If we are going to Build Back Better we really need a government with a long term strategy to sort out our archaic infrastructure. Why on Earth is is cheaper to fly across the country than to take a train? The transport system needs to be modernised and subsided and the money needs to stay in the system instead of going to shareholders. It makes no sense to pour money into vanity projects like HS2 when so many local services are not fit for purpose.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 16:58]

100% agree with this. (Honestly)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024