Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread 11:03 - Oct 29 with 22699 viewsAtThePeake

Apologies all, no preview this week as I'm away for the weekend and haven't had time to get one done. Here's a match thread in advance though.

Refwatch: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/56105/refwatch-barrow-v-roc

Ground Guide: https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/barrow-holker-street.

Barrow Weather Forecast: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcteyf1nd#?date=2021-10-29

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 30 with 5555 viewsNigeriamark

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 30 by Sandyman

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

2-1 Dale

Completely against the run of play but as I said earlier, who cares. We have been awful in terms of passing until the goal. Ball to Kelly on the left who cuts it back for Beesley to slot home
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:25 - Oct 30 with 5128 views442Dale

Won 5, drawn 5, lost 5.

Progressing steadily.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 30 with 5026 viewsSuddenLad

Great win today ahead of a couple of cup games. Up to 13th in the league and all going in the right direction.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 30 with 5008 viewsD_Alien

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:25 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

Won 5, drawn 5, lost 5.

Progressing steadily.

We go above Walsall into 13th place on... alphabetical order

But more importantly, 8 points away from the bottom two and just 3 points separating us from the playoff zone

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:29 - Oct 30 with 4987 viewsNigeriamark

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 30 by Nigeriamark

Completely against the run of play but as I said earlier, who cares. We have been awful in terms of passing until the goal. Ball to Kelly on the left who cuts it back for Beesley to slot home

Finished 2-1. We had the better quality over the 90 minutes but there was some poor passing by both defenders & midfielders that put us on the back foot at times. Even the penalty was because of losing the ball. However it's 6 points from the last 2 games and at least we have stopped the last minute equalisers

Beesley MOM but Odoh was very good. Has really started to put in tackles and also knows when to lay the ball off & when to have a run.

2 players booked for obvious time wasting or perhaps when we do it we can call it game management
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:48 - Oct 30 with 4623 viewsHullDale

Not a great game, and we look like we have a mistake in us at any time. I thought Graham had a shocker today, & Kelly wasn't at the same standard as last week. Beesley never stopped running, and good to see him upping his season tally too.

Also it was brilliant to see some real shithousery from Coleman near the end... we'd hate it the other way round, but he did it brilliantly and seemed to buzz off the abuse from the barrow youth!
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 17:54]
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:51 - Oct 30 with 4567 viewsDaleiLama

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:29 - Oct 30 by Nigeriamark

Finished 2-1. We had the better quality over the 90 minutes but there was some poor passing by both defenders & midfielders that put us on the back foot at times. Even the penalty was because of losing the ball. However it's 6 points from the last 2 games and at least we have stopped the last minute equalisers

Beesley MOM but Odoh was very good. Has really started to put in tackles and also knows when to lay the ball off & when to have a run.

2 players booked for obvious time wasting or perhaps when we do it we can call it game management

Their pen came direct from our throw in - went to a player who was marked and he kicked it straight back into touch under pressure. They then went straight down and scored. On another day that unforced error might have cost us and we might not have bounced back, but credit to the lads for not giving up (again). Great 3 points and unbeaten in 4. Fair shout for Kelly as motm contender too.

Hopefully we've got our mojo back again now.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:52 - Oct 30 with 4565 views442Dale

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:48 - Oct 30 by HullDale

Not a great game, and we look like we have a mistake in us at any time. I thought Graham had a shocker today, & Kelly wasn't at the same standard as last week. Beesley never stopped running, and good to see him upping his season tally too.

Also it was brilliant to see some real shithousery from Coleman near the end... we'd hate it the other way round, but he did it brilliantly and seemed to buzz off the abuse from the barrow youth!
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 17:54]

Which is why when we express such outrage about the tactics of other sides, it’s somewhat contradictory to think other clubs shouldn’t view us in a similar light at times.

Login to get fewer ads

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:53 - Oct 30 with 4549 viewsRAFCBLUE

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 17:28 - Oct 30 by D_Alien

We go above Walsall into 13th place on... alphabetical order

But more importantly, 8 points away from the bottom two and just 3 points separating us from the playoff zone

When you consider our manager walked out in preseason, it's a very encouraging improvement.

8 points out of the last 12. Unbeaten in 4.

Two cup games now; would be good if we can be through in both before the next home League game.

Abd hopefully a few more back to cheer us on!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 18:06 - Oct 30 with 4395 viewsboromat

Individually we had the better quality players overall but from a performance perspective there wasn't a huge amount in it and could have gone either way for me. Strangely we were the ones to finish our chances for once, good on Beesley!

That back 3 just doesn't work. Graham and Dorsett just don't have the eye for a pass. O'Connell ended up trying the odd forward pass from the centre but he was asking the impossible of himself.

I thought Odoh struggled with the heavy pitch but didn't play badly. Kelly and Morley were decent again in the middle of the pitch but didn't get much help from those behind them when in possession. Beesley probably man of the match.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 18:25]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 18:19 - Oct 30 with 4263 views1907

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 18:06 - Oct 30 by boromat

Individually we had the better quality players overall but from a performance perspective there wasn't a huge amount in it and could have gone either way for me. Strangely we were the ones to finish our chances for once, good on Beesley!

That back 3 just doesn't work. Graham and Dorsett just don't have the eye for a pass. O'Connell ended up trying the odd forward pass from the centre but he was asking the impossible of himself.

I thought Odoh struggled with the heavy pitch but didn't play badly. Kelly and Morley were decent again in the middle of the pitch but didn't get much help from those behind them when in possession. Beesley probably man of the match.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 18:25]

Agreed.

Although it was a game we won, I feel like a broken record in respect that I felt we could have either won more comfortably or managed the game better with a different formation.

It still feels like we’re missing players in the middle of the park and putting too much on the shoulders of Graham and Dorsett.

Individually today I thought O’Keeffe was really poor & probably put his worst performance as a dale player in. Beesley was excellent and will absolutely revel off the two goals today. Morley was also excellent and I’m absolutely delighted we’ve managed to get all three points from a game I thought we’d get nothing from.
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 18:32 - Oct 30 with 4106 viewsleedsdale

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 18:19 - Oct 30 by 1907

Agreed.

Although it was a game we won, I feel like a broken record in respect that I felt we could have either won more comfortably or managed the game better with a different formation.

It still feels like we’re missing players in the middle of the park and putting too much on the shoulders of Graham and Dorsett.

Individually today I thought O’Keeffe was really poor & probably put his worst performance as a dale player in. Beesley was excellent and will absolutely revel off the two goals today. Morley was also excellent and I’m absolutely delighted we’ve managed to get all three points from a game I thought we’d get nothing from.

I agree about the formation, but I don’t see it changing until January at the earliest. I’m sure it gets said every year, but if we could move a couple on and get a couple of new faces in, then it might be that Stockdale feels he has the necessary players to play a different formation.
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 18:54 - Oct 30 with 3940 viewsboromat

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 18:32 - Oct 30 by leedsdale

I agree about the formation, but I don’t see it changing until January at the earliest. I’m sure it gets said every year, but if we could move a couple on and get a couple of new faces in, then it might be that Stockdale feels he has the necessary players to play a different formation.

I don't mind the formation as long as he picks the best players for it. Today Taylor should have played ahead of either Graham or Dorsett.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 21:04 - Oct 30 with 3371 viewsSandyman

th'highlights

https://www.skysports.com/football/barrow-vs-rochdale/448610
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 22:28 - Oct 30 with 2977 viewsCanadaDale

Thought we had the best chances and shaded the game.
Stupid unnecessary penalty given away and almost fell back into old habits.
Pitch was looking heavy as the game went on and you could see it tiring some players.
Graham always looks like he’s running in treacle and players just seem to breeze past him with the ball too easy.
All in all I’m happy with the points return over the last few games and we’re heading in the right direct in the league. This team can do much more than it sometimes shows and could easily end up in the playoffs if we learn our lessons from regular mistakes.
I’d love to see us go for it a bit more at home and go two up top and stop playing 5 at the back.
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 22:28 - Oct 30 with 2977 viewsD_Dale

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 21:04 - Oct 30 by Sandyman

th'highlights

https://www.skysports.com/football/barrow-vs-rochdale/448610

Looks like a good number of Dale fans there - 800? Any figures announce?

It would be interesting to have some of their ratings:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/match-ratings/display/match:1118
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 22:33]
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 22:43 - Oct 30 with 2895 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 22:28 - Oct 30 by D_Dale

Looks like a good number of Dale fans there - 800? Any figures announce?

It would be interesting to have some of their ratings:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/match-ratings/display/match:1118
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 22:33]

Not sure player ratings mean very much, tbh.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 22:46 - Oct 30 with 2887 viewskel

Well done to the true fans that attended.
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 23:44 - Oct 30 with 2666 views_Windydale

We look like an ordinary team playing pretty well.

Watching today's match, a lot of credit has to go with the management in developing, getting them to listen and motivating this team of players.

We have an ordinary team in skills and experience to be fair. A couple of outstanding players who don't need to improve too much, for me that's Kelly and O'Connell.

The rest are either a work in progress. And have 2 or 3 high attributes that make them potential prospects at league 2 level.

Grats to the manager he's empowered them.

I feel we will challenge for a top ten position and hope to see some of these younger players push on and develop their game.
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 01:33 - Oct 31 with 2457 viewsdownunder

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 20:59 - Oct 29 by James1980

Only because I'm already in the Lake District

My parents retired to the Lake District, and often said "when you see the mountains in the Lakes, it is going to rain, if you can't see them, it's already raining". NZ South Island is similar to the Lakes, but bigger and hardly any traffic.
No regrets about migrating, but I do miss Away days though.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2021 21:10]
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 01:40 - Oct 31 with 2451 viewsdownunder

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 14:34 - Oct 30 by fermin

Picking up on an earlier point I don't think it is that unusual for a game to be delayed for some reason eg traffic problems for team or supporters.

I can remember a game away at Carlisle a few years ago which must have kicked off around 3.40 pm. I certainly had to leave shortly after the second half kicked off to run to the station to ensure I got home that night. It was the same day England won 5-1 in Germany.

I also have a memory of a home game where we were not allowed into the ground until quite late due to pitch inspections. I am not sure if the kick off was delayed though. My recollection is that it was against Barnet and we were being allowed into the Willbutts Lane to experience the new stand.

I was caught up in the Motorway tail back that caused the delay that day, Despite the delay, still missed much of the game, arrived just as Carlisle scored their third. Dale then pulled back 2 goals, and hit the bar with a shot from a long way out. Still remember the chant that followed that.
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 07:31 - Oct 31 with 2225 viewsfunkkk

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 23:44 - Oct 30 by _Windydale

We look like an ordinary team playing pretty well.

Watching today's match, a lot of credit has to go with the management in developing, getting them to listen and motivating this team of players.

We have an ordinary team in skills and experience to be fair. A couple of outstanding players who don't need to improve too much, for me that's Kelly and O'Connell.

The rest are either a work in progress. And have 2 or 3 high attributes that make them potential prospects at league 2 level.

Grats to the manager he's empowered them.

I feel we will challenge for a top ten position and hope to see some of these younger players push on and develop their game.

15 games in and I’ve no idea where we’re going to end up this season. Genuinely believe we could finish anywhere between 6th & 22nd.

Looking though the team I think we have:

An average pair of goalkeepers

A poor defence or, at least, a system that is making them look poor.

A midfield lacking bite.

A front line that lacks a natural goal scorer.

Having said all that I don’t think it’s a strong division. A few signings and, in turn, a change of system could easily see us challenge the play off spots.
Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 07:57 - Oct 31 with 2174 viewsAltDaleComms

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 08:25 - Oct 31 with 2097 views442Dale

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 01:40 - Oct 31 by downunder

I was caught up in the Motorway tail back that caused the delay that day, Despite the delay, still missed much of the game, arrived just as Carlisle scored their third. Dale then pulled back 2 goals, and hit the bar with a shot from a long way out. Still remember the chant that followed that.

Different game. The day England thrashed Germany, we won 2-1. Clive Platt masterclass.

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 09:10 - Oct 31 with 1977 viewsfrenzied

Barrow vs Dale: Match Thread on 07:57 - Oct 31 by AltDaleComms

I love these..outstanding..looking forward to the end of season review already
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024