Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford Game Matchday Thread 08:17 - Oct 30 with 4467 viewsSaintNick

Will we be singing in the rain

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 20:44 - Oct 30 with 862 viewssaint22

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 20:27 - Oct 30 by ElijahK

Well at least these last few results will help to shut up those Ralph out lot, as we should’ve won by more, but the tactics, starting 11 and subs were all pretty spot on for Ralph on the day! Most people agreed that we expected at least 5 or 6 points from our games over October and well he’s got more than that. COYS!

And dropping Walcott meant we had ten fully committed outfield players today so let’s hope Ralph sticks with that
Watford Game Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Oct 30 with 863 viewsdirk_doone

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 20:40 - Oct 30 by grumpy

It could be that Fosters form is helping to improve McCarthy's.

Most fans thought we had 2 poor goalies, some of us thought we had 1 good one but none of us, until now, thought we had 2! This week has certainly been a good one for Saints' goalkeepers.

Our fans have been very patient, especially compared to those of worse supported clubs like Little Pompey, during a long spell of some of the worst results in the league. There has been online criticism of some of the manager's decisions and of the performance of certain players but we have not turned against our manager and players inside the stadium like they do. Our support, if anything, has just got better.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 20:57]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 21:29 - Oct 30 with 768 viewsElijahK

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Oct 30 by dirk_doone

Most fans thought we had 2 poor goalies, some of us thought we had 1 good one but none of us, until now, thought we had 2! This week has certainly been a good one for Saints' goalkeepers.

Our fans have been very patient, especially compared to those of worse supported clubs like Little Pompey, during a long spell of some of the worst results in the league. There has been online criticism of some of the manager's decisions and of the performance of certain players but we have not turned against our manager and players inside the stadium like they do. Our support, if anything, has just got better.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 20:57]

I don’t know about that for everyone, but yeah certainly a majority of us have kept with him, as like many have already said, where we’re at now, is pretty much the best we’ll get until we actually get some investment in.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Oct 30 with 727 viewsdirk_doone

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 21:29 - Oct 30 by ElijahK

I don’t know about that for everyone, but yeah certainly a majority of us have kept with him, as like many have already said, where we’re at now, is pretty much the best we’ll get until we actually get some investment in.

I've not heard a single Saints' fan booing Ralph inside the stadium. Contrast that with fans of some other teams who hound out their managers as soon as they have a bad spell. Look where that's got Little Pompey: a small lower league team. They just end up with progressively worse managers as all of the good ones become wary of the poisoned chalice of fans they know will turn against them in an instant and so do any decent players they want to recruit.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 21:51]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Oct 30 with 722 viewsgrumpy

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 21:29 - Oct 30 by ElijahK

Good point,ElijahK.
The fans are magnificent, its as if their backs are against the wall and they will never give up the faith.
Watford Game Matchday Thread on 07:31 - Oct 31 with 526 viewssaint68

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Oct 30 by 1885_SFC

Would like to see West Ham win at Villa tomorrow so that we're above the Brummies when we meet on Friday night. A long way to go in the season yet... but doesn't appear that Ings's move was that huge step up that he'd hoped for. Coont.

I'm just hoping Salisu keeps Ings quiet and the coont has a very unhappy return to St Mary's .

I no its virtually impossible but wouldn't it be great if he just doesn't get any stick or comments at all...just silence for the money grabbing pikey coont

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 21:13 - Oct 31 with 389 viewsBicester_North

Watford Game Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Oct 30 by dirk_doone

A win against Villa would be great. It might even push us into the top 10. They have a tough game against West Ham tomorrow, which gives them a day less to recover from injuries and prepare for Friday's game.

Ignoring Ings will be a lot more effective than booing him; unfortunately I know some of our fans will, which will only motivate him more. Personally, I bear no grudges against him. He was good for us, then he moved to what he thought would be a more successful club this season and it looks like he was wrong. A win is all we need to make him regret that move.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 20:39]

You say that but Lovren and Lallana never seemed to up their game when they got a hot reception at SMS. In fact Lovren had to be taken off as he lost his mojo didn’t he?

I can’t be bothered to boo Ings (if he plays) but I wouldn’t have an issue with anyone who did. Just another money grabber who has passed through and lied.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024