Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexitland 21:58 - Nov 1 with 2183 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/01/fish-france-johnson-broken
Brexitland on 22:54 - Nov 1 with 1530 viewsMessysaints

you know, i was reading that and the bit about fruit farmers got me, before brexit, it was just over national min wage and now, its over 20 quid, ive seen some advertised at 27 quid ( So 3 times higher than before brexit... )...... i am sure all those fruit and veg pickers are happy? which is surely more happy people than the few farm owners surely? who now have less profit but are still running so obviously can afford to pay the wages.

Lorry drivers wages have declined for 20 years......... cause buisness stopped investing in our own work force EG tesco who used to do HGV training and advertise for young workers looking to get into it by agreeing to 3 year contracts and so on and so on but no longer do, DHL, and so on and so on, its now done by the DOT and private buisness who dont even do haluage work, and you have to pay for it all yur self and have to even do 7.5 tonne which was given as standard till 1997 to not even get a job cause your lack of exp means they have to pay a bit more on your insurance.

Amazon dont moan about brexit and they have given big pay rises too, and tesco have given pay rises and sainsburys and so on and so on which they can obviously afford seeing as they all make billions every year....

We was never asked to join the European Union ( and if a vote was held, it would never have happened ) that is why we never had one in the first place.

The current EU is what the Iron lady was warning us about before she was forced out of office..........

The EEC was good.
Brexitland on 11:33 - Nov 2 with 1401 viewsBazza

Sad that the Guardian are still publishing this pro EU drivel. Jenkins knows better, partly digging up old biased points but also showing the personal dislike many have for Boris, not my favourite either. We have left the EU - for good and bad.
Brexitland on 11:47 - Nov 2 with 1375 viewsSadoldgit

Brexitland on 11:33 - Nov 2 by Bazza

Sad that the Guardian are still publishing this pro EU drivel. Jenkins knows better, partly digging up old biased points but also showing the personal dislike many have for Boris, not my favourite either. We have left the EU - for good and bad.

I partly agree in that yes, we’re are out now and need to get on with it, but his point about a softer Brexit is still live given that the “oven ready” deal is anything but and most of it is not only not oven ready, not even still in the fridge but actually still at the grocers. There is nothing stopping us going back for a trade deal that would keep both Brexiteers and Remainers relatively happy with the compromise. At the moment it looks like we have cut off our nose to spite our face. The vote was 5 years ago yet Brexit is still a mess.
Brexitland on 12:36 - Nov 2 with 1360 viewssaint68

Despite the incessant whining and anti British rhetoric from those who still believe the EU was the best thing since sliced bread the UK is still the 5th largest economy the labour market Is strong and the wages for all have risen since leaving..yep..doom and gloom isn't it.

Meanwhile across the channel there is rising poverty mass job losses and unemployment and growing anti EU support in virtually every member state..but hey just ignore that slight insignificance.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Brexitland on 12:54 - Nov 2 with 1334 viewsSadoldgit

Brexitland on 12:36 - Nov 2 by saint68

Despite the incessant whining and anti British rhetoric from those who still believe the EU was the best thing since sliced bread the UK is still the 5th largest economy the labour market Is strong and the wages for all have risen since leaving..yep..doom and gloom isn't it.

Meanwhile across the channel there is rising poverty mass job losses and unemployment and growing anti EU support in virtually every member state..but hey just ignore that slight insignificance.

Who believes that the EU was the best thing since sliced bread? I don’t know one person who voted remain who thinks that way. As for the 5th biggest economy, not much of a feather in your cap when huge amounts of people rely on food banks and an EPL footballer has to take time out to deal with the lack of school meals for children. The roads are full of potholes. The infrastructure is falling apart through years of underinvestment. Every public service you can mention is underfunded and struggling. 3rd World countries have more effective internet systems than we do. But do you know what, it’s all fine because our PM says it is and have the Worlds 5th biggest economy.

Yay.
Brexitland on 14:36 - Nov 2 with 1308 viewsExBaselSaint

Brexitland on 22:54 - Nov 1 by Messysaints

you know, i was reading that and the bit about fruit farmers got me, before brexit, it was just over national min wage and now, its over 20 quid, ive seen some advertised at 27 quid ( So 3 times higher than before brexit... )...... i am sure all those fruit and veg pickers are happy? which is surely more happy people than the few farm owners surely? who now have less profit but are still running so obviously can afford to pay the wages.

Lorry drivers wages have declined for 20 years......... cause buisness stopped investing in our own work force EG tesco who used to do HGV training and advertise for young workers looking to get into it by agreeing to 3 year contracts and so on and so on but no longer do, DHL, and so on and so on, its now done by the DOT and private buisness who dont even do haluage work, and you have to pay for it all yur self and have to even do 7.5 tonne which was given as standard till 1997 to not even get a job cause your lack of exp means they have to pay a bit more on your insurance.

Amazon dont moan about brexit and they have given big pay rises too, and tesco have given pay rises and sainsburys and so on and so on which they can obviously afford seeing as they all make billions every year....

We was never asked to join the European Union ( and if a vote was held, it would never have happened ) that is why we never had one in the first place.

The current EU is what the Iron lady was warning us about before she was forced out of office..........

The EEC was good.

Agreed the EEC was a great idea and that is what most people thought we were getting. Maastricht and Lisbon soon opened our eyes to the EU's true ambitions.

The EU in the end is merely shorthand for German and French expansionism and a free hand for greedy UK employers to indulge in wage suppression with a limitless supply of cheap foreign labour.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 14:37]
Brexitland on 14:42 - Nov 2 with 1295 viewsExBaselSaint

Brexitland on 11:33 - Nov 2 by Bazza

They're simply being consistent. The Leftist media, and I include in that the BBC have only ever supported an anti-Brexit narrative since even before the referendum.
They lost and so I'm not so bothered, meanwhile they're simply an embarrassment
Brexitland on 14:49 - Nov 2 with 1291 viewsExBaselSaint

Nothing new from the Liberals and the Leftist elites I'm afraid.

"In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman..almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during ‘God save the King’ than of stealing from a poor box...trying to spread an outlook that was ..always anti-British".

Orwell
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 14:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Brexitland on 14:53 - Nov 2 with 1282 viewsExBaselSaint

Brexitland on 12:54 - Nov 2 by Sadoldgit

Who believes that the EU was the best thing since sliced bread? I don’t know one person who voted remain who thinks that way. As for the 5th biggest economy, not much of a feather in your cap when huge amounts of people rely on food banks and an EPL footballer has to take time out to deal with the lack of school meals for children. The roads are full of potholes. The infrastructure is falling apart through years of underinvestment. Every public service you can mention is underfunded and struggling. 3rd World countries have more effective internet systems than we do. But do you know what, it’s all fine because our PM says it is and have the Worlds 5th biggest economy.

Yay.

So presumably the inevitable rocky road post-Brexit is no problem for you then?
Brexitland on 15:36 - Nov 2 with 1274 viewssaint68

Brexitland on 12:54 - Nov 2 by Sadoldgit

Yay.

Sogs you are actually far further detached from reality than I'd previously thought..bless you.

Brexitland on 15:41 - Nov 2 with 1255 viewsSadoldgit

Brexitland on 15:36 - Nov 2 by saint68

Sogs you are actually far further detached from reality than I'd previously thought..bless you.

You don’t actually live here do you? Have you worked in the public sector here? Have you driven on the country roads in Kent recently? Have you seen the food banks in the supermarkets? What part of this is fantasy?
Bless you too.
Brexitland on 16:00 - Nov 2 with 1257 viewssaint68

Brexitland on 15:41 - Nov 2 by Sadoldgit

You don’t actually live here do you? Have you worked in the public sector here? Have you driven on the country roads in Kent recently? Have you seen the food banks in the supermarkets? What part of this is fantasy?
Bless you too.

Decline has been apparent for the past two decades..I'll give you that, that coincides with a mass influx and the subsequent re chaneling of funds to address that..local councils have incurred the majority of those additional costs at the detriment of usual planned maintenance to services and infrastructure..bless you again X

The UK is a wonderful place to live and still provides anyone from any background to excell if they so choose..thats not the case in many European countries anymore sadly..here in Spain the under 30's do have significant difficulties in finding well paid long term jobs..so knock the UK by all means but don't for a second think it's all rainbows and lollipops across the channel mate. Anti EU sentiment is on the rise..and rightly so..its become out of touch with its original concept and become an autocratic mess.

Brexitland on 16:11 - Nov 2 with 1248 viewsdwayne_dibley

Brexitland on 14:36 - Nov 2 by ExBaselSaint

Agreed the EEC was a great idea and that is what most people thought we were getting. Maastricht and Lisbon soon opened our eyes to the EU's true ambitions.

The EU in the end is merely shorthand for German and French expansionism and a free hand for greedy UK employers to indulge in wage suppression with a limitless supply of cheap foreign labour.

agreed, Germany tried expansionism twice using military force and got slapped down. This time it is via economic/political invasion supported by Vichy-France Mk2.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Brexitland on 16:23 - Nov 2 with 1236 viewssaint68

Well put Basel, echoes my opinion entirely.

Brexitland on 16:32 - Nov 2 with 1206 viewsSadoldgit

Brexitland on 16:00 - Nov 2 by saint68

Decline has been apparent for the past two decades..I'll give you that, that coincides with a mass influx and the subsequent re chaneling of funds to address that..local councils have incurred the majority of those additional costs at the detriment of usual planned maintenance to services and infrastructure..bless you again X

The UK is a wonderful place to live and still provides anyone from any background to excell if they so choose..thats not the case in many European countries anymore sadly..here in Spain the under 30's do have significant difficulties in finding well paid long term jobs..so knock the UK by all means but don't for a second think it's all rainbows and lollipops across the channel mate. Anti EU sentiment is on the rise..and rightly so..its become out of touch with its original concept and become an autocratic mess.

Mass influx? You mean the thousands of people that came here to jobs the Brits don’t want to dirty their hands with? The same people, many of whom who have exited leaving us in the sh*t. Britain is no different than many other European countries, fine to live in if you have a well paid job and can afford decent accommodation. Where your vision of this green and pleasant land comes a cropper is that more and more people are finding life here very difficult. Like most Tories, your vision of this country is skewed and biased to the extent that you require a trip to Specsavers.
And regarding your seemingly anti immigrant bias, we are all immigrants in the UK and the country was built on immigration.
Brexitland on 16:52 - Nov 2 with 1209 viewssaint68

Brexitland on 16:32 - Nov 2 by Sadoldgit

Mass influx? You mean the thousands of people that came here to jobs the Brits don’t want to dirty their hands with? The same people, many of whom who have exited leaving us in the sh*t. Britain is no different than many other European countries, fine to live in if you have a well paid job and can afford decent accommodation. Where your vision of this green and pleasant land comes a cropper is that more and more people are finding life here very difficult. Like most Tories, your vision of this country is skewed and biased to the extent that you require a trip to Specsavers.
And regarding your seemingly anti immigrant bias, we are all immigrants in the UK and the country was built on immigration.

More idle insinuations again ..Ian Is the usual one for that , but OK Sogs you just carry the standard for this one hey.

My oldest boy is still in the UK he lives at our house and he started at one of the well known supermarkets 4yrs ago pushing trolleys initially, he still works there and got promotion after promotion for having a good hard work effic and being professional well presented and punctual..he's now on his way to a full management roll at nearly 23...he's done that of his own volition and has no interest in coming out here other than holidays..he left school with virtually no qualifications after having very little interest at school..we weren't happy about that but teenagers know everything apparently 😁

Meanwhile his so called mates from school are all still wannabe Jafaican chatting knobheads that think working is for pussyoles!!😔😔

Violence, sexual assault and general unacceptable behaviour have risen exponentially in the past 2 decades most would agree and acknowledge...just a coincidence I suppose Sogs

You make the UK out to be a borderline 3rd world country with your previous post..maybe there's a possible correlation there then bud.

Cause and effect maybe Sogs..you tell me oh wise one.

Brexitland on 17:36 - Nov 2 with 1168 viewsgrumpy

How we getting on without a limitless supply of cheap foreign labour.?
Brexitland on 17:41 - Nov 2 with 1160 viewssaint68

Brexitland on 17:36 - Nov 2 by grumpy

How we getting on without a limitless supply of cheap foreign labour.?

Those that do the under respected jobs are finally getting a worthwhile and well deserved wage..what was your point?

Brexitland on 17:48 - Nov 2 with 1155 viewsgrumpy

Brexitland on 17:41 - Nov 2 by saint68

Those that do the under respected jobs are finally getting a worthwhile and well deserved wage..what was your point?

'under respected jobs' every job should be respected.

This 'worthwhile and well deserved wage' why are we struggling to get people to do it?
Brexitland on 17:51 - Nov 2 with 1153 viewssaint68

Brexitland on 17:48 - Nov 2 by grumpy

'under respected jobs' every job should be respected.

This 'worthwhile and well deserved wage' why are we struggling to get people to do it?

But they haven't been of late have they Grumps..its a good thing that that's finally changing.

Brexitland on 17:53 - Nov 2 with 1150 viewsgrumpy

Brexitland on 17:51 - Nov 2 by saint68

But they haven't been of late have they Grumps..its a good thing that that's finally changing.

'they haven't' where did you hear that?
Why are we throwing visas about to get them to come back?
Brexitland on 17:59 - Nov 2 with 1141 viewssaint68

Brexitland on 17:53 - Nov 2 by grumpy

'they haven't' where did you hear that?
Why are we throwing visas about to get them to come back?

If the licensing authorities DVLA actually got round to forwarding uk citizens that have recently done their HGV courses their licences then much would be far better..I would liken most poor things happening in the UK down to post Brexit willfull sabotage

Brexitland on 18:01 - Nov 2 with 1137 viewsgrumpy

Brexitland on 17:59 - Nov 2 by saint68

If the licensing authorities DVLA actually got round to forwarding uk citizens that have recently done their HGV courses their licences then much would be far better..I would liken most poor things happening in the UK down to post Brexit willfull sabotage

'I would liken most poor things happening in the UK down to post Brexit wilful sabotage'

Can you explain what you mean by 'post Brexit wilful sabotage'
Brexitland on 18:03 - Nov 2 with 1133 viewssaint68

Brexitland on 18:01 - Nov 2 by grumpy

'I would liken most poor things happening in the UK down to post Brexit wilful sabotage'

Can you explain what you mean by 'post Brexit wilful sabotage'

Don't need to..you aren't thick Grumps.

Brexitland on 18:05 - Nov 2 with 1131 viewsgrumpy

Brexitland on 18:03 - Nov 2 by saint68

Don't need to..you aren't thick Grumps.

Well just for the sake of people that are then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024