Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice report on Cloughie 12:12 - Dec 5 with 3702 viewselectricblue

ITV did a nice report on Cloughie and his legacy for the club....

Well done itv.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Nice report on Cloughie on 16:39 - Dec 5 with 3457 viewsDorkingDale

Yes - the whole of the build up was very complimentary about the club too. They had done their homework (unlike some journalists.....)
Nice report on Cloughie on 16:50 - Dec 5 with 3418 viewsblackdogblue

Brought a tear to my the video during the article…

Fair play to ITV as you say & also a couple of zoom ins during the match…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Nice report on Cloughie on 16:57 - Dec 5 with 3402 viewsCedar_Room

The whole build up showed the club in a good light - Ian Wright and Grant Holt were both clearly favouring us to win there wasn’t really too much said about Plymouth. So despite the result I think todays game will have done the clubs reputation no harm at all.
Nice report on Cloughie on 17:09 - Dec 5 with 3355 viewsD_Alien

Nice report on Cloughie on 16:57 - Dec 5 by Cedar_Room

The whole build up showed the club in a good light - Ian Wright and Grant Holt were both clearly favouring us to win there wasn’t really too much said about Plymouth. So despite the result I think todays game will have done the clubs reputation no harm at all.

I agree. The result (apart from the obvious dislike of losing any game) is almost irrelevant and tbh a result one way or the other was better than a draw and a difficult, tiring and ultimately probably fruitless midweek trip down to Plymouth

I recorded the game and having watched the Cloughie section it would've put a great deal in perspective for the non-partisan viewer, and perhaps many Rochdalians too who don't follow things at the club closely but decided to tune in

We performed well enough to have won the game, but we can now move forward with the January window to come and the identity of our club and its fans enhanced

Well done ITV

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nice report on Cloughie on 17:27 - Dec 5 with 3303 viewsoddjob007

Don’t watch that after you’ve had a beer or 5, crikey, must be someone choppin onions somewhere nearby!
Nice report on Cloughie on 18:37 - Dec 5 with 3171 viewsfinberty

ITV gave a an object lesson in factual reporting.

I wonder if Simon Stone of the BBC was watching. He might have picked up a thing or two.
Nice report on Cloughie on 19:50 - Dec 5 with 3002 views_Windydale

Brilliant emotive piece. Hopefully, more Rochdale folk who watched on TV, will be impressed by some of the community spirit that exists at Dale.
Nice report on Cloughie on 20:13 - Dec 5 with 2931 viewsEllDale

Great stuff by ITV.
No cobbled streets, vistas of mills or brass band music. Refreshing change from stereotypes of our town.
Login to get fewer ads

Nice report on Cloughie on 20:15 - Dec 5 with 2911 viewsTVOS1907

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Nice report on Cloughie on 20:28 - Dec 5 with 2866 viewsfitzochris

Nice report on Cloughie on 16:39 - Dec 5 by DorkingDale

Yes - the whole of the build up was very complimentary about the club too. They had done their homework (unlike some journalists.....)

Well, they actually spoke to the people involved, which is always a good start.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Nice report on Cloughie on 20:31 - Dec 5 with 2846 viewsTVOS1907

Nice report on Cloughie on 20:28 - Dec 5 by fitzochris

Well, they actually spoke to the people involved, which is always a good start.

Was going to post similar.

Nice report on Cloughie on 21:07 - Dec 5 with 2753 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Right, Right, Right!
Nice report on Cloughie on 21:24 - Dec 5 with 2697 views49thseason

That 10 or 15 minutes just prior to kick off was the best piece done on Rochdale for donkeys years. No " little Rochdale" no " Gracie Fields" just a straight forward exposition of the way people have worked together to achieve what to many seemed impossible and an accurate tribute to a true Rochdale fan who played a huge part in the future of the club despite knowing he would never see the fruits of his generosity.
We now have a huge responsibility not to waste a penny of Cloughie's hard-earned legacy and to try and keep the good news flowing.
Nice report on Cloughie on 21:40 - Dec 5 with 2643 viewsRAFCBLUE

I hope someone who is better technically than me can get that onto Youtube so that it is publicly available for many years to come.

A fitting national tribute to the great man.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Nice report on Cloughie on 21:57 - Dec 5 with 2599 viewsTVOS1907

Nice report on Cloughie on 21:40 - Dec 5 by RAFCBLUE

I hope someone who is better technically than me can get that onto Youtube so that it is publicly available for many years to come.

A fitting national tribute to the great man.

Nice report on Cloughie on 22:31 - Dec 5 with 2527 viewsRAFCBLUE

Nice report on Cloughie on 21:57 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

Thanks, TVOS. I'd seen that Twitter link to the ITV Football feed but I'm not sure if that will be taken down by ITV after a period of time.

It'd be a real shame if that piece couldn't be captured / was lost.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Nice report on Cloughie on 23:43 - Dec 5 with 2405 viewsSandyman

Just watched it back on ITV Hub ( https://www.itv.com/hub/fa-cup-2021-22/10a1856a0008 ) which will be there for 28 days. Hope someone has "taped" it and can share. Agree with you all - superb, exemplary and perceptive coverage by ITV. Well done to them.
Nice report on Cloughie on 17:15 - Dec 6 with 1975 viewsReedy

It’s just fantastic.

Two bits stick out for me, both said by Murray:

The part about being a fan owned club
&
At the end when youngsters ask about who he is and his reply is that he’s the reason you’re here today.

After the past few months, I don’t think I’ve ever been prouder to support Dale.

Blog: The FA Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024