Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu 16:19 - Dec 7 with 60972 viewspikeypaul

Loving it,while the remoaner losers are still crying and still not accepting democracy and all the project fear BS has been shown to be exactly that.

Now take 4:59 and listen to how things have ACTUALLY turned out,not your guesses and the project fear BS you made up the last 5 years,you lot must feel totally idiots hindsight has shown you up now.

cliff edge ? still waiting for it you muppets.

[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 16:27]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 08:20 - Feb 11 with 1751 viewsfelixstowe_jack

More good news for the UK economy released today with GDP up 7.5% in 2021. A very small in December of 0 2% probably due to a slightly tighter covoid in Englang and of course much harsher restrictions in Scotland and Wales. Hopefully with the end of most restrictions in the UK at the end of January GDP growth will continue in 2021.

UK exports to the EU increased by 7.4% while imports from the EU were flat. Clearly the unnecessary beauracratic paperwork imposed by the EU is not deterring UK exports but seems to be hitting EU exporters, seems like an own goal by the EU.

Construction output in the UK increased by 2.0% in December and is now above prepandemic levels. Another good sign for the UK economy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 18:04 - Feb 11 with 1694 viewsraynor94

Fastest growing economy since WW2 full stop

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 18:29 - Feb 11 with 1684 viewsFlashberryjack

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 18:04 - Feb 11 by raynor94

That won't please everyone, strange isn't it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 19:16 - Feb 11 with 1664 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Positive figures are “despite brexit” bad news is “because of brexit” it’s in the bbc handbook.
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 19:41 - Feb 11 with 1652 viewsWhiterockin

I'm pro brexit, but just wondering if those figures stem from a low base due to the pandemic.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 20:11 - Feb 11 with 1636 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 19:41 - Feb 11 by Whiterockin

I'm pro brexit, but just wondering if those figures stem from a low base due to the pandemic.

That’s part of it. Of the seven G7 economies, the UK and Spain were hardest hit suffering 9.4% and 10% contractions respectively. We are still 0.4% below pre pandemic GDP whereas France, USA and Canada have increased beyond the pre pandemic figure. We are in the middle, the above ar doing better while Germany, Spain and Italy are behind us.

Our big increase is coming on the back of a much bigger contraction than most nations, but none the less it’s very welcome and hopefully things will get even better.
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 17:56 - Feb 12 with 1587 viewsjohnlangy

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 23:19 - Feb 9 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

There are 2 points.

A) The “structural funds” are absolute peanuts in the grand scheme of things. (It was largely our tax money sent back to us with caveats anyway but that’s another issue).

3) Despite being outside the EU the Senedd now has a bigger budget than it has ever had and also has the power to raise more funds through tax if needed but it has thus far chosen not to.

These are entirely relevant points. Roger whatsisface is complaining about losing £300 million when we are in fact gaining several billion and the power to raise more. He is what is known in the trade as flogging a dead horse. He is stuck in 2015 still fighting a referendum that he has already lost.

'The “structural funds” are absolute peanuts in the grand scheme of things'.

Within the EU these structural fund agreements are in place for a seven year period. So the peanuts you refer to would amount to about £2.5 billion over that seven year period, enough to pay, for example, for both the Swansea Bay and Cardiff metro systems in their entirety. An of course when we were in the EU we had this money on top of whatever the Senedd budget was at the time. And the Tories promised that we'd receive the same amount on top of the Senedd budget when we'd left the EU.

So, in a nutshell i'd prefer Wales to have £18 billion PLUS £375 million, not just the £18 billion. That makes perfect sense to me.

And this is nothing to do with the referendum result. That's done. Wales was promised the money.

I can't understand why anyone would argue for Wales to have less money.
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 18:13 - Feb 12 with 1581 viewsCatullus

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 17:56 - Feb 12 by johnlangy

Within the EU these structural fund agreements are in place for a seven year period. So the peanuts you refer to would amount to about £2.5 billion over that seven year period, enough to pay, for example, for both the Swansea Bay and Cardiff metro systems in their entirety. An of course when we were in the EU we had this money on top of whatever the Senedd budget was at the time. And the Tories promised that we'd receive the same amount on top of the Senedd budget when we'd left the EU.

So, in a nutshell i'd prefer Wales to have £18 billion PLUS £375 million, not just the £18 billion. That makes perfect sense to me.

And this is nothing to do with the referendum result. That's done. Wales was promised the money.

hang on, until Brexit Wales wasn't getting 18 billion, it was around the 15 mark wasn't it? So that's 3 billion extra in one budget, over 7 years to get less money is also a valid point!

Lets face it, without the pandemic we can't be sure how things would have gone. The EU was already looking to reduce the structural funding across the board.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:02 - Feb 13 with 1532 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 17:56 - Feb 12 by johnlangy

Amazing isn’t it John.

Dic Sion Dafydd refers …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:20 - Feb 13 with 1528 viewsKilkennyjack

Not quite ….

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 17:49 - Feb 13 with 1491 viewsjohnlangy

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 18:13 - Feb 12 by Catullus

hang on, until Brexit Wales wasn't getting 18 billion, it was around the 15 mark wasn't it? So that's 3 billion extra in one budget, over 7 years to get less money is also a valid point!

Lets face it, without the pandemic we can't be sure how things would have gone. The EU was already looking to reduce the structural funding across the board.

Can't argue with your second para.

Re the Welsh £18 billion budget for 22/23, yes it is a big increase. But various posters i've read seem to be saying that Wales should be grateful ! The bulk of the increase (£893 million) is for the Welsh NHS to address the backlog. The amount Wales gets is calculated on the extra amount spent on the English NHS using the Barnett formula. So with a population around 18 times bigger England will be getting around £16 billion extra, again to tackle the backlog (I haven't checked the actual England amount but you get my drift).

So Wales is not getting a generous budget, it's getting what it should get allowing for the fact that we should all be treated equally - England, Scotland, NI and Wales. Being treated equally shouldn't be something to be grateful for.

A huge amount of the backlog has been created by the pandemic so the need to address the backlog would have been the same if we'd still been in the EU. So there would have been a substantial increase if we had still been in the EU but we would have also received the £375 million.
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 18:26 - Feb 13 with 1477 viewsCatullus

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 17:49 - Feb 13 by johnlangy

Can't argue with your second para.

Re the Welsh £18 billion budget for 22/23, yes it is a big increase. But various posters i've read seem to be saying that Wales should be grateful ! The bulk of the increase (£893 million) is for the Welsh NHS to address the backlog. The amount Wales gets is calculated on the extra amount spent on the English NHS using the Barnett formula. So with a population around 18 times bigger England will be getting around £16 billion extra, again to tackle the backlog (I haven't checked the actual England amount but you get my drift).

So Wales is not getting a generous budget, it's getting what it should get allowing for the fact that we should all be treated equally - England, Scotland, NI and Wales. Being treated equally shouldn't be something to be grateful for.

A huge amount of the backlog has been created by the pandemic so the need to address the backlog would have been the same if we'd still been in the EU. So there would have been a substantial increase if we had still been in the EU but we would have also received the £375 million.

So over 2 billion is a budget increase AND we'll be getting some leveling up money too?

Thing is John, the EU money always came with strings and I always rail against the Senedd's hypocrisy there. They'll take EU funds with strings attached but they wouldn't take extra money from Bojo for the M4 relief. When Westminster does it, it's an attack on devolution but it's just fine when the EU does it?

This idea about fairness, Wales gets more money per head than most of England, only London gets more, or did until recently. Wales gets (or got) 8% more per head for the NHS and social care. When Drakeford says we should get more money, how much more does he think is fair? How much more do you think, John?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 10:56 - Feb 14 with 1431 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 18:26 - Feb 13 by Catullus

So over 2 billion is a budget increase AND we'll be getting some leveling up money too?

Thing is John, the EU money always came with strings and I always rail against the Senedd's hypocrisy there. They'll take EU funds with strings attached but they wouldn't take extra money from Bojo for the M4 relief. When Westminster does it, it's an attack on devolution but it's just fine when the EU does it?

This idea about fairness, Wales gets more money per head than most of England, only London gets more, or did until recently. Wales gets (or got) 8% more per head for the NHS and social care. When Drakeford says we should get more money, how much more does he think is fair? How much more do you think, John?

It wasn’t the EU’s money. It was the tax payers money. They were nice enough to send some back and tell us what we have to spend it on. Obviously this was only after a significant chunk had been laundered into the famous black hole. Same as the annual Senedd budget, it’s not given to us as a favour. It’s our public money that has been raised through the hard work of Welsh and British taxpayers and businesses. We merely entrust the decisions on what it is spent on to our governments. It’s not their money, it’s ours. And if we aren’t happy with what they are spunking it away on we should be holding them to account. We couldn’t hold the EU to account because the commission is appointed and nobody knows who any of them are anyway.

You are completely right about devolution of course. It seems our esteemed Senedd chums were more than willing to go crawling on all fours to Brussels to prostrate themselves before their masters and beg for more cash but when it’s freely offered by Westminster that’s completely unacceptable.
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:13 - Feb 14 with 1399 viewsCatullus

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 10:56 - Feb 14 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It wasn’t the EU’s money. It was the tax payers money. They were nice enough to send some back and tell us what we have to spend it on. Obviously this was only after a significant chunk had been laundered into the famous black hole. Same as the annual Senedd budget, it’s not given to us as a favour. It’s our public money that has been raised through the hard work of Welsh and British taxpayers and businesses. We merely entrust the decisions on what it is spent on to our governments. It’s not their money, it’s ours. And if we aren’t happy with what they are spunking it away on we should be holding them to account. We couldn’t hold the EU to account because the commission is appointed and nobody knows who any of them are anyway.

You are completely right about devolution of course. It seems our esteemed Senedd chums were more than willing to go crawling on all fours to Brussels to prostrate themselves before their masters and beg for more cash but when it’s freely offered by Westminster that’s completely unacceptable.

The first paragraph, I know all that but I am just trying to make the conversation simpler, less confusing.

An interesting thing today. It seems Labour under Starmer have no interest in trying to re-join the EU. From his own mouth he wants to "make Brexit work" and take advantage of "Brexit opportunities"! so any ardent EU fans, maybe you should just get on with it now,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/keir-starmer-sparks-outrage-by-saying-uk-c

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:15 - Feb 14 with 1396 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:13 - Feb 14 by Catullus

The first paragraph, I know all that but I am just trying to make the conversation simpler, less confusing.

An interesting thing today. It seems Labour under Starmer have no interest in trying to re-join the EU. From his own mouth he wants to "make Brexit work" and take advantage of "Brexit opportunities"! so any ardent EU fans, maybe you should just get on with it now,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/keir-starmer-sparks-outrage-by-saying-uk-c

He is saying that to try and persuade voters back.
If a Labour government is elected they will engineer our return to the EU, I guarantee it.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 16:37 - Feb 14 with 1353 viewsCatullus

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:15 - Feb 14 by Ajack_Kerouac

If a Labour government is elected they will engineer our return to the EU, I guarantee it.

Well he could be lying, he is a politician. It'd take a referendum though and you know what, if we held one and voted back in then so be it. I won't argue against a proper democratic decision.

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 19:53 - Feb 14 with 1325 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:15 - Feb 14 by Ajack_Kerouac

I don’t trust politicians and I am not saying I trust Starmer, but I think he has more integrity than most of his peers and rivals on account of his background and previous roles. If he is ousted, then I think we could well see changes in the Labour Party position.

For what it’s worth my view is that we’ve made our choice and we have to live with the decision to leave, it’s now a case of giving it a go and doing the best we can for our future and that of our kids. What we can’t allow to happen is for us to be conned and lied to, we have to hold or politicians to account. If things aren’t going well and we have problems, let’s not be afraid to hold people to account on the grounds of ideology, the only way to improve things is to recognise the problem and to sort it out. Giving politicians a free ride doesn’t help us at all.
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 22:14 - Feb 14 with 1309 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 16:37 - Feb 14 by Catullus

Well he could be lying, he is a politician. It'd take a referendum though and you know what, if we held one and voted back in then so be it. I won't argue against a proper democratic decision.

My instinct is that If they (the elites of this country) get the opportunity they will take us back in and we will never be allowed a referendum on the subject ever again.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 22:49 - Feb 14 with 1293 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 22:14 - Feb 14 by Ajack_Kerouac

My instinct is that If they (the elites of this country) get the opportunity they will take us back in and we will never be allowed a referendum on the subject ever again.

You may be right, but in the short term (5 to 15 years) I can’t see us going back in to the EU unless Brexit ends up being a total disaster.
Up to around 44 years of age voters tended to be remain, the younger age groups tended to be the group most in favour of remaining. Leavers were in the older age groups with the 65+ the most in favour of leaving.
I think a few things will, over time nudge the country in the direction of rejoining. The first is going to be the return of several hundred thousand expats in EU who haven’t or weren’t able to secure residency, they may still have ties to the EU and will agitate to return. The other is a changing demographic, as the older generation pass on the balance may tip towards remain/return. Finally, if people don’t see a tangible benefit from Brexit in their pocket or quality of life there will be a huge sea change towards returning.
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 00:03 - Feb 15 with 1274 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:13 - Feb 14 by Catullus

He means full alignment to EU rules for trade as a first step.
Get back to being part of the market, but with no say until we rejoin.

Later, without another Brexit type alienation of half the country, we rejoin. Simples.

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 08:55 - Feb 15 with 1229 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 00:03 - Feb 15 by Kilkennyjack

He means full alignment to EU rules for trade as a first step.
Get back to being part of the market, but with no say until we rejoin.

Later, without another Brexit type alienation of half the country, we rejoin. Simples.

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

More good news for the UK today

Unemployment rate down again.
Economically inactive rate down again.

Employment rate up again.
Job vacancies up again.

EU Unemployment rate still nearly twice the UK

Where are the 1,000,000 job losses predicted by the remainers?

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 09:30 - Feb 15 with 1213 viewsfelixstowe_jack

More good news for the UK
South Korean firm SeAH is to open a £300 million pound factory on Teeside. It will make steel foundations for the offshore wind industry it will create 750 new jobs and another 1500 in the supply chain .

Teesside is one of the new "freeport" areas designed to bring investment and jobs into the UK.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
[Post edited 15 Feb 2022 9:31]

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:19 - Feb 15 with 1187 viewsCatullus

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 22:49 - Feb 14 by majorraglan

You may be right, but in the short term (5 to 15 years) I can’t see us going back in to the EU unless Brexit ends up being a total disaster.
Up to around 44 years of age voters tended to be remain, the younger age groups tended to be the group most in favour of remaining. Leavers were in the older age groups with the 65+ the most in favour of leaving.
I think a few things will, over time nudge the country in the direction of rejoining. The first is going to be the return of several hundred thousand expats in EU who haven’t or weren’t able to secure residency, they may still have ties to the EU and will agitate to return. The other is a changing demographic, as the older generation pass on the balance may tip towards remain/return. Finally, if people don’t see a tangible benefit from Brexit in their pocket or quality of life there will be a huge sea change towards returning.

Thing is Major, younger people are more left wing by nature and as we age we tend to move to the right.

Younger people will probably change their political views as they age and so, may decide they don't want to rejoin. They may decide that leaving was actually a good choice because in 5-10 years we will have more evidence.

It could even be the EU has imploded in 5 years and falls apart. predicting the future is a tricky game, thats why Kilky is so often wrong.

hey Kilky, is Bojo in jail yet? Didn't you predict he'd be gone from office and facing police charges by last june?

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 16:17 - Feb 15 with 1161 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 13:19 - Feb 15 by Catullus

Thing is Major, younger people are more left wing by nature and as we age we tend to move to the right.

Younger people will probably change their political views as they age and so, may decide they don't want to rejoin. They may decide that leaving was actually a good choice because in 5-10 years we will have more evidence.

It could even be the EU has imploded in 5 years and falls apart. predicting the future is a tricky game, thats why Kilky is so often wrong.

hey Kilky, is Bojo in jail yet? Didn't you predict he'd be gone from office and facing police charges by last june?

But being anti eu isn’t a right or left thing. There are lots on the left that see the eu as a neoliberal bankers playground.@@
Brexit Britain wiping the floor with the eu on 12:43 - Feb 18 with 1100 viewscontroversial_jack

Not working out so well is it? Special relationship, my arse!

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/government-forced-seek-state-state-114847742.html
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024